Welcome Home

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,928 Followers

Jenny giggled and replied, "Do you remember when you used to play basketball when we were in school?"

"Sure, I do,"

"Well, of course you knew that your Mom was a member of the booster's club for the basketball team, but what you didn't know was that I was a student member, and that's where we met."

"I didn't know that you liked basketball," I said, and Jenny began to delightfully giggle, making me ask, "What?"

She laughed openly and said, "I didn't like it then and I still don't."

"Now I'm confused," I replied, scratching my head.

Then Jenny fell into an uncontrollable fit of laughter, and for a moment, I was beginning to get pissed off all over again until, regaining her composure, Jenny smiled and said, "It was all because of you, Michael. In my own silly little girl way, it was my way of being a part of your life. It's kinda stupid huh?"

"Actually, I think it's very sweet. I just wish I had known," I replied.

"What would you have done, Michael," she asked pointedly, "Hmm?"

"Hell, I don't know," I replied, "Maybe we could've been better friends. I guess that's probably my fault, though."

Jenny smiled, and leaning over and lightly kissing me on the cheek, said, "Well, we're friends now, and that's all that matters."

When I pulled up in her driveway, I turned of the jeep's engine. Then I got out and came around to her side to help her out of the jeep, just as I'd done at my parent's house earlier. We walked to her front door, and after finding her key, Jenny put it in the lock on her front door. However, she turned to me with her hand still on the key and said, "I want you to know that, as your teacher, it's going to be as difficult for me as I hope it will be for you."

"Difficult for what?" I stupidly asked.

"Difficult to keep me from wanting to do this to you, every time I see you," she replied, and with that said, she threw both her arms around me, pressing her body tightly against mine. Then she kissed me more hotly and wantonly than I could ever remember being kissed, leaving me almost breathless. Then after softly kissing my lips one last time, she looked dreamily into my eyes and breathed, "Goodnight, Michael!"

"Goodnight, Jenny," I replied, as we parted. Then she turned and unlocked her door. After giving me a smile and a silent wave, she disappeared, closing the door behind her. All of a sudden, and much to my own horror, I discovered that my cock was hard. But still, I was thankful that Jenny hadn't felt it, or had she?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was awakened the next morning by the aroma of Mom cooking breakfast in the kitchen. I got out of bed, threw on a tee shirt and a pair of shorts, and then headed to the bathroom to get ready to start a new day.

I went into the kitchen, where I knew my parents would be. Dad was sitting at the table with his morning coffee and newspaper, and Mom had her back to me, as she was busy at the stove. I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her, giving her a hug. "Good morning, Mom," I said, squeezing her gently.

"Good morning to you, too, Baby," she replied, patting my cheek.

"Good morning, Dad," I said, looking at the kitchen table.

"Mornin, son,' he replied, from behind his news paper.

Making me release her from the hug as she turned around, Mom smiled knowingly and said, "So?"

"What?" I asked.

"So, how did it go last night?" asked Mom.

"How did what go?" I said, as Dad chuckled behind his newspaper.

"Michael James Peterson, you know damn good and well what I'm talking about, boy, so, stop being so evasive," snapped Mom.

"Look Mom," I exasperatedly replied, "Jenny and I are just friends, okay? We went to high school together and now she's one of my college professors, nothing more, nothing less. I know that you're just concerned about my happiness and all that, but I'm okay, Mom, really."

Mom simply smiled, and then pulling my face down next to hers, she kissed me on the forehead and said, "I won't bother you about it anymore, sweetie. Besides, I quit worrying about it after I saw the way you and Jenny were acting around each other last night."

"And just what way was that?" I asked irritated.

Mom just turned back to the stove and said, "Go sit down. Breakfast is ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had planned on just lazing about at Mom and Dad's and was going to just sit out on their dock and get some sun until I got a phone call from my sister, Sara, inviting me to go SCUBA diving with her and a couple of her former sorority sisters.

"Come on, Mikey, please? It'll be so much more fun if you're there with us," Sara said over the phone.

"Aw, hell, alright, I'll be at your house in half an hour," I relented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I pulled up to Sara's house, I noticed three other cars in the driveway, indicating that she had company. I was in for a surprise and didn't know it. I parked my car along the curb in front of her house, got out, locked it, and then headed to her house.

The moment she heard my car door slam shut, Sara came running out of her front door, squealing with her arms in the air. "Hi Mikey, I've missed you, little brother," she said, throwing her arms around my neck and hugging me tightly.

"Jeez Sis, you just saw me the other day," I laughed, hugging her in return.

With her arms still around my waist, Sara leaned away from me, and grinning, replied, "I know, but you were gone for so long that the newness of your being home hasn't worn off yet, that's all."

"I love you, silly sister of mine," I replied laughing, as Sara led me into her house.

Let me take a moment to describe Sara. She stands about 5'8" and probably weighs no more than 125 pounds at the most. She's built in proportion to her height and has the same color hair as mine that lies beautifully upon her shoulders. However, Sara got Mom's blue eyes, and she's as sweet as she is beautiful. She's 38 years old and never married, but she and her boyfriend, Tony, have been living together for twelve years. Tony has always been a nice guy. He's very good to Sara and she's happy so, as far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters.

When we walked through her front door, Tony jumped up to greet me. He works offshore on a drilling platform and is gone for three weeks out of each month so; this was the first chance I'd gotten to see him since I got home. "Hey Mike, how're ya doin little brother?"

"I'm doing good Tony. It's good to see you, man," I replied, shaking his hand and giving him a hug.

"Wow, you sure did some growing while you were in the Navy," he laughed, as he stepped back away from me.

"He sure did," replied voice from the past, behind me. I turned around and, lo and behold, there stood Lori Chandler, my old high school girlfriend. She glided over to me, and before I could react; she leaned up and gently kissed me on the lips, then said, "It's good to see you, Michael. Welcome home, handsome."

"Hi, Lori," I replied.

"I don't see you for eight years and all I get is a 'Hi Lori'?" she complained. I realized right then the reasons why I never took her seriously when we dated. Hell! She bitched about everything we ever did so, I politely said, "I'm sorry; it's good to see you. How have you been?"

"Missing you," she replied, throwing her arms around my neck, smiling.

Thank God for my sister's two friends, Stacy Barkley and Karla Helms, because they came into the room squealing, causing Lori to let go and step away. As Lori released me, Karla threw her arms around my neck, and kissing me on the cheek, hugged me and said, "Welcome home, Mikey!" Then she leaned back in my arms, and after looking me up and down, with her eyebrow raised, added, "Mmm, looks like you grew up while you were the Navy."

"Stop trying to rob the cradle, Karla," giggled Stacy, "Come here, Mikey, and give old Stacy a hug, sweetie."

As I hugged her, I smiled and told her, "You're not old ya know."

She looked back at me, and smiling while placing her palm to my cheek, replied, "You always were a charmer, even when you were little."

About that time Sara came back into the room and giggled, "Alright now, that's enough. Ya'll quit flirting with my baby brother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sara had called Tommy and convinced him to take us all out on his boat. Tommy and I have always been alike when it came to our sister, as in neither one of us were ever able to deny her of anything she'd ever asked of us. She was our older sibling that had always looked out for the both of us our whole lives, and we love her dearly.

We were all set to dive when Karla looked at me as I was getting into my wetsuit and asked, "Will you be my dive buddy, Mikey?"

"He most certainly will not," laughed Sara, "Mikey is diving with me today." Because she wasn't SCUBA certified, Lori left Sara's house when we did, and she seemed a little pissed of too. So, that only left me and Tommy, Sara, Tony, Karla and Stacy.

Stacy dove with Tony, and because she had always been kinda sweet on Tommy, Karla dove with him, much to his delight, I might add. Stacy and Karla were both beautiful women in their own right, but not as pretty as my big Sis, or so I thought. However, when I really thought about it, none of them were as beautiful as Jenny, though. We made two dives that day and I really enjoyed being with both of my siblings, as well as Tony and my sister's two friends, Stacy and Karla. Hell, I'd known them all since I was little so, they were more or less like family anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night after supper at Sara's house, we were all sitting around on her back deck reliving the day's events when the telephone rang. When Sara got up to answer it, Tony looked at me and asked, "So, tell us Mike, how do you like college so far?"

"Yes, tell us, Mikey," Karla eagerly added, while sitting next to my brother, Tommy.

I was just about to answer when Sara came back out on the deck with a worried look on her face. "Honey, what's wrong," Tony asked, concerned.

Sara looked at me and said, "It's for you, Mikey."

"Who is it?" I asked.

Sara rolled her eyes toward the inside of the house where the phone was, and smugly replied, "Its Lori Chandler!"

I walked into Sara's house through the back door and over to end table where the phone was. I picked up the receiver, then stuck it to my ear and said, "Hello?"

"Hi Michael, its Lori," she chirped.

"Oh hi," I said, "What's up?"

"Well, there's a party on the beach tonight and I thought that you and I could go."

"Look Lori," I replied, "I'm not the same person I used to be when I was younger. I haven't seen my family in over eight years and I would really like to spend some time with them before I start going out anywhere yet, okay?"

"What is it with you, Michael," she angrily spat, "You've been home for weeks now. You gave me the cold shoulder at your sister's house today, and you're doing the same thing now. What's the matter? Did the Navy take your manhood away?"

That was the straw that broke the camels back. I raised my voice and replied, "If you really want to know what's wrong, it's the fact that, as I look back on the time I spent with you, I realized you were nothing but a spoiled little bitch back then. And now that you've grown up, you've gone from being a spoiled little bitch, and turned into a selfish cunt."

"MICHAEL PETERSON, YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE AND I NEVER WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!!!" she yelled.

"FINE!!!" I yelled, and then abruptly hung the phone up.

As I turned around to go back outside, there stood Sara smiling. Walking up to me, she smiled and said, "Is everything alright, Mikey?"

I grinned and said, "It is now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three

The following Monday morning, I was getting ready to learn pre and post operative procedure. With Professor Wilson having been, and still certified to be, a Surgical R.N. herself, I was really looking forward to this part of the class. One of the requirements for this class was that the student needed to be experienced in minor surgical situations and be prepared to show it. Also at this particular level, the student needed to know all the surgical instruments by name and sight, as well as which ones were used for whatever surgical procedure was being performed.

Class convened in the campus hospital that morning, and Professor Wilson had us wearing scrubs and in two person teams. I was very surprised when she chose me as her team member, and after all the other students had paired up, she led us to the gallery door of the Operating Suite we were standing outside of, and said, "I want you all to go up and sit in the gallery and watch Mister Peterson and I work this morning. For the rest of this semester, this is what we're going to be doing so, be prepared because I haven't decided which two of you are next."

After the rest of the class had gone up to the gallery, Professor Wilson looked at me smiling and said, "I know this is going to be easy for you because you were a Navy Corpsman. That's why I took you on as my team member so you wouldn't get strapped with one of those little silly-assed girls." Then she nodded towards the O.R. suite and said, "C'mon! Let's go get scrubbed."

I was told that an appendectomy was going to be performed that morning, and after the O.R. Techs had set up the instrument packs, and we were gloved, gowned and masked; Professor Wilson silently watched as I opened the abdominal pack that I'd ordered before we went into the suite. Once the patient was brought in, a sterile field was set up and I sheeted and bordered the operating table and had everything ready to use in the order it was to be used. The anesthetist came in and had the patient under general anesthesia and out in not time. It was then that the surgeon, Dr. Ezekiel (Zeke) Haynes came in, and looking around the room, said, "Good morning, everyone!"

As soon as Professor Wilson had put his gown on him, I put his mask on his face and replied, "Good morning, sir." He simply smiled and went to work. All throughout the surgical procedure, I had the instrument he would need in his hand before he had the chance to ask for it.

The only reply he gave was an occasional laugh or a "Hell yeah, kid," and at the end of the surgery, he looked back at me and asked, "You think you can close this so I can get outta here a little early, kid?"

"If you're waitin on me, you're backing up, Doc," I replied laughing.

"Oh yeah?" he said, and then he looked at Professor Wilson, and laughing, said, "It's about time you brought someone in here who's a bigger smart ass than me, Claire." Looking back at me, he continued laughing and said, "Okay, show me what you got, kid!"

After making sure the sponge count was correct, so as to ensure nothing was being left inside the patient, I used chromic suture to stitch up the peritoneum, as well as sub-dermal layers of the skin. For the outer sutures, I used standard surgical silk sutures, leaving the patient with six neat sutures to be removed in a little over a week. Then I dressed and covered the site with sterile gauze and sealed it with cloth tape, all of this taking me about twenty minutes from beginning to end.

"Damn, that was pretty slick, Slick," said Doctor Haynes, as he removed his surgical mask, "Where did you learn that?"

"He's the one I told you about," said Professor Wilson, before I had a chance to speak.

"Oh yeah?" smiled Haynes, "Well he's the one I want, then," and then he turned and left the suite.

As soon as was gone, I looked at Professor Wilson and asked, "What was he talking about?"

She came over to where I stood, and patting me on the side of my arm, she smiled and said, "Congratulations, Mike! For the next two years, you will report to Doctor Haynes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, where you will be working directly with him, ten hours per day."

"What about my afternoon patient care classes?" I asked.

She grinned knowingly and said, "You let me worry about that, Mike. You just be here every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning at seven a.m., alright?" Then she gave me directions to an office in the administration wing of the hospital, and then after a post op scrub, sent me on my way.

I followed the directions Professor Wilson had given me, and before long, I found myself standing in front of the office door of the Chief of Surgery. I went through the door into the outer office where a very pretty blonde haired lady, also dressed in scrubs, sat behind a desk smiling at me. "May I help you?" she politely asked.

"Yes ma'am," I replied, "My name is Mike Peterson, and I was told to report to this office."

Rising from behind her desk, she smiled and replied, "Oh, so you're the guy we've all heard so much about. Doctor Haynes is waiting for you."

Then she opened an inner door, behind which a now familiar voice rang out and said, "Get your smart ass in here now, kid!"

I walked into the office to find Dr. Haynes sitting behind his desk with his feet up, grinning from ear-to-ear. "Hi Doc," I said nervously.

Then he stood, and coming around from behind his desk, extended his hand, and smiling widely, said, "I'm Zeke Haynes. What's your name, kid?"

"My name is Mike, Mike Peterson," I replied, feeling more relaxed as we shook hands.

Motioning to a very comfortable looking chair that sat in front of his desk, he smiled, and with a motion of his hand said, "Please, have a seat and make yourself comfortable, Mike." I did as he asked while he returned behind his desk, and after having taken his seat, Doctor Haynes grinned and said, "I wanted to talk to you for a while, if that's alright."

"Sure!" I replied.

Then he turned to the lady that had been sitting out front and said, "Kelly would bring us two of the usual, please?"

"You got it, boss," she replied smiling, and then left the office, closing the door behind her.

Once the door was closed, Doctor Haynes leaned back in his chair and said, "So, you were a Navy Corpsman, huh?"

"That's right, "I replied proudly.

Doctor Haynes began to laugh, and sitting straight up in his chair, he smiled and replied, "That's why you're such a smart ass....I should know."

"Excuse me," I said, "But I don't understand Doctor Haynes."

"Please! If we're going to be working together, I want you to call me Zeke, like everyone else around here does," he laughed. Then, in a very serious tone of voice, he looked me in the eyes and said, "I was a Navy surgeon during the war in Vietnam. I saw a lot of shit over there, Mike. My job was difficult enough as it was, but the Nurses and Corpsmen that worked under me were very good people, making not only my job, but my time in country a lot easier and little more bearable....for the Nam, anyway. When I was working with you this morning, you showed me that same drive and determination that I've been missing in all but a very select few of my people here."

"I don't know what to say, Zeke."

"Come on Mike, you and I both know that there isn't a whole lot that this university could teach you that you don't already know, man."

"Yeah, maybe," I replied sheepishly, not wanting to sound too arrogant.

All of a sudden Zeke began to laugh and said, "Look kid, your arrogance isn't going to piss me off one bit. As a matter-of-fact, I like that kind of attitude in my people."

About that time, Kelly arrived carrying a tray. As she set it down on Zeke's desk, I saw two cheese Danishes with two steaming cups of coffee, a small cream pitcher and a sugar bowl. "How do you like your coffee, Mike?" Kelly asked.

"Cream and sugar, please," I replied smiling.

As she handed me the coffee and Danish, Kelly leaned down closer to pat me gently on the shoulder, and while subtly teasing the back of my neck with her finger-tips, she smiled and said, "Welcome aboard, Mike!"

MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,928 Followers
123456...8