Werewolf at Heart Ch. 04

Story Info
Decisions are made.
4.9k words
4.77
24.1k
45

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/18/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
radella
radella
272 Followers

True to his word, Blake called Carly the following day. She waited in nervous anticipation, longing for the phone call, yet dreading it would come. Several times, she considered phoning him just to get it over with, but in the end she waited. It wasn't until late in the evening the phone call finally came.

They chatted easily for a long while, sharing the inconsequential details of the day. Finally, Blake returned to yesterday's conversation, as threatened.

"Have you figured out what you're afraid of?" he asked when there was a lull in conversation.

Carly huffed and closed her eyes, wishing they could continue to ignore this particular topic. In the end, she decided to answer his question, knowing he would continue to force the issue otherwise. "You're fancy suits and first class travel, and I'm comfortably middle class."

"I'm not just fancy suits, but it certainly helps with business matters and I do have a reputation to maintain," he replied. "And as for first class travel? I run a company that specializes in outfitting and adventures. I'm more at home in a kayak or on a bike, than I am stuffed into an airplane. I enjoy the finer things in life, but the wilderness speaks to my soul." In more ways than he was willing to share, just yet.

There was amusement in his tone, and it made Carly bristle. "You are three and a half hours away, and I have small children now."

"It may be a bit far, but I'm willing to make the drive if you're not. And if you work in a high school, finding someone to babysit can't be that difficult. I'm sure you can wrangle a responsible teenager or two," he countered, deciding not to mention just how well the boys responded to his presence. That would be a fight for another time.

"You walk into a situation and take charge, and all but order me around. I let you get away with changing my ticket in the airport, I let you talk me into a date, and then I let you change those plans. I didn't argue, and I should have."

"I take charge, because that is who I am. I couldn't do my job if I let others push me around. I am used to dealing with situations, assessing them, and making decisions. Maybe the plane tickets was a bit underhanded," he conceded, "but I wanted to get to know you, I was drawn to you from the beginning. You let me talk you into the date because you wanted it, and you let me change the plans because you were in no state to leave your home, and you knew it."

"I take comfort in my routine, and I don't want my life to change. I don't want someone telling me what to do, and I don't want to be the type of woman who is controlled by a man," Carly protested, almost desperately.

"You don't want your life to change, but that's what life is. You know that, right? Besides, you can't help it now, not with the children, not with me. Sure, you accede to reason and desire on occasion, but you are no man's puppet. I doubt you would have even answered the phone if you really thought I was controlling you," Blake briefly considered how he would like to control her, in the bedroom, though, and not the rest of her life. His thoughts wanted to continue down that particular path.

Instead, he listened carefully to each of her protests, and then skillfully rebutted every argument. One by one, he hunted down her insecurities, using logic and reasoning to lay them to rest. He was a patient hunter, and knew that logic ordered her soul. The call lasted long into the night, until Carly finally gave in.

"Fine," she said, rather grumpily. "I will acknowledge that there is something worth exploring between us, something that will bring mutual happiness, at least for a time. You will be arrogant and domineering, and I will be stubborn and resist you. It is who we are."

Blake laughed at her grudging capitulation. It was the opening he was looking for. "I shall be at your door at six o'clock Saturday night," he informed her, almost daring her to argue. "Hire a sitter, and dress to impress. I have reservations at La Belle Vie."

"A last minute babysitter and reservations at the most pretentious restaurant in Minneapolis? I don't think so," she scoffed with more amusement than anger. Without another word, she disconnected the call.

*****

Friday night found Emile sitting in Carly's living room, glass of wine in hand, listening to her friend agonize about Blake and how he had practically ordered her to join him for a dinner at one of the swankiest restaurants, and how she had absolutely nothing appropriate to wear. Emile sympathized, knowing well the game the Alpha was playing. He was slowly overcoming her defenses, chasing her. It was how she had felt all those years Jack patiently chased her. The thought struck a chord. Suddenly, she couldn't think. She heard Carly talking, but she wasn't listening.

Jack. He had chased her.

Suddenly, Emile knew she didn't want to be here. She wanted to be far to the north, with Jack. It went beyond mere want, and was more akin to unchecked need. As if something unlocked deep in her mind, and she knew. She knew what Jack had meant as he kissed her senseless that first time, when he had claimed she was his. Knew what he and her wolf wouldn't explain. She knew, with every shred of her being that Jack belonged to her. She had loved deeply and lost terribly, and the world stopped spinning. But it hasn't, not really. Jack was there, had always been there, had never given up on her, would never give up on her. Jack had claimed her, called her his. Her wolf had known, had probably always known. Her wolf, so willing to submit. Jacob was her past love, Jack could very well be her future. Jack had been chasing her for years, and she hadn't figured it out. Now it was startlingly clear. Jack had chased her, and part of her wanted to be caught.

"I'm sorry," she apologized as she almost jumped to her feet, unable to be separated from Jack any longer. "I've got to go!" She laughed in delight, knowing to her very core she was making the right decision.

"Where are you going?" Carly asked, confused. She had been hoping Emile would to tell her what to do, hoping her friend would give her permission to cancel the date.

"Oh," She said laughing at her private joke, "I've got to see a man about a dog!" She was out the door before Carly could say anything else.

Emile raced through her home, grabbing a small suitcase and filling it with clothes and toiletries. She regretted not having any lingerie, knowing exactly how she was planning on spending her weekend. She didn't bother calling even though it was late, knowing that Jack would be waiting for her, whether she showed up or not. He had said as much.

Anticipation grew, and nervousness set in as the hours in the car slowly dragged on. Finally, she was where she most wanted to be in the world.

The pack land, for all the world to see, was a quiet subdivision set back in the woods. Close enough to Duluth to be an easy commute, for many worked in the city, yet far enough away they could safely run as wolves whenever the mood struck. The homes weren't large, but the yards certainly were. As a whole, everything was well-maintained; the pack looked after itself. At the heart of the subdivision was a larger, stately home belonging to the Alpha. Nearby was a community center where the pack regularly congregated. Werewolves were social creatures, and enjoyed having a large, neutral location to play games, watch movies, socialize, and eat. The basement housed a fitness center that would make many weep with envy. There was an enormous playground for children of all ages, with plenty of places to climb, swing, and slide. If anyone in the neighboring communities thought it odd that the homes in this particular subdivision never went on sale, and that all of the neighbors were uncommonly friendly with one another, they were silent on the matter. The subdivision, the pack, was happy and prosperous.

Emile knew there were perimeter guards on patrol and that one of the houses hid a state of the art security center, but they would know her. She was pack, even if she had never before ventured onto the lands outside of the full moon. She had never been to Jack's home before, but as second in command, he would be close to the Alpha at the heart of the pack. She parked along the street in the general area and took a deep breath, scenting his familiar scent and following it easily to his home. She knocked, but no one answered. Embarrassment and fear growing, she closed her eyes and called to her wolf.

"Use me," her wolf replied, jaw dropping in a grin. "I can find him."

Leaving her bag on his doorstep, and hoping that it actually was his doorstep and she wasn't making a huge mistake, she quickly stripped. While nudity was common among the pack, Emile was always acutely aware of her scars and hated being naked. Calling on the wolf, she breathed deeply, falling to her hands and feet. The shift came easily, momentary pain washed away by the tingle of magic. Bones and joints cracking as they rearranged, muscles pulling to adapt to her new shape, skin itching as thick white fur covered her body. She shook to settle her fur, and stretched, reacquainting herself with her other shape. She let her wolf take the lead, but stayed close to the surface, afraid as always of losing herself entirely in the animal.

Emile sang out when she reached the forest's edge, wanting Jack to know she had come for him. She was still nervous, but as a wolf she didn't mind nearly as much. Still, she jumped when she heard Jack howl his reply. She ran, heading deep into the woods, avoiding the other wolves as she lead Jack on a merry chase. Jumping fallen logs, dashing through the shallow creek, weaving in and out among the pines, she was happy.

Jack caught up with her in a small clearing, yipping. She whined a bit, ears pinned back, still nervous. Tail wagging and tongue lolling out, Jack rubbed up against Emile, happy she took him up on the invitation to visit. He herded her to a sheltered area with a soft carpet of grass. He shifted back to human.

"God, I am so happy you're here," he said, when she had returned to human as well.

"I wasn't going to come, but then... and you weren't there. I was so afraid I was about to make a fool of myself," Emile replied, uncertain in her decision regardless of Jack's words of welcome.

Jack had no desire to have a conversation, instead deciding show her just how happy he was to see her. He slid next to her, hands reaching up to frame her face. Crushing her lips beneath his, he tasted her, pouring out his love. His hands slid down her body, cupping her breasts, feeling the heavy softness. Her nipples pebbled beneath his questing fingers and he tweaked them, causing Emile to squeak in the most delicious way. Breaking the kiss, he sucked on first one nipple, then the other, using his tongue to soothe the minor pain.

His hands drifted to her hips, softly stroking the curves. He kissed his way down her body, where she tried to cover the scars. He would have none of it. He kissed the length of each slash, three on either side of her belly, trying to wordlessly assure her that he found every inch of her desirable, scars and all. Finally, his mouth landed on her dripping need. Holding her firmly by the hips, he took his time licking, sucking, and tasting her fevered flesh, reveling in her taste. His teeth eventually scraped her clit, and she came undone, screaming wordlessly into the night.

He kissed his way back up her body, allowing her time to recover. "Your hair," she finally managed to gasp. "Grow it out," she demanded. Jack laughed, knowing exactly what she wanted. She had tried and failed to find purchase on his head as he pleasured her with his mouth.

He kissed her again, and she tasted herself, an intensely erotic flavor. As their tongues tangled, he rolled on top of her, weight resting on his arms. He teased her, rubbing the tip of his cock against her entrance. Breaking the kiss, he stared down into her eyes. "I want to watch you take every inch of me," He growled, heart in his eyes. "I want you to see me as I slide inside you; don't you dare look away!"

Slowly, oh so slowly, Jack sheathed himself completely in her welcoming body, eyes never breaking contact. He pulled back, and Emile whimpered at the loss. He thrust hard, her hips rising to meet his, before he slowly pulled back again. "God, you are so tight, so perfect, so unbelievably mine."

At his words, Emile completely lost control. Her legs wrapped around Jack, pulling them closer together with his every thrust. She was clawing at his back, wanting to merge their bodies as close together as possible. Her hungry mouth tasting every inch of skin she could reach. Jack's control didn't last much longer. She was moaning as he spoke words of love and affection, bodies slamming together again and again. It was blinding passion, fevered need. Jack knew he wouldn't last long; he knew that gentle lovemaking would come later. Here in the forest, it was sex with an animalistic ferocity as he claimed her in the most primal way. "Emile, I'm going to cum, cum with me!"

His words pushed her over the edge, her slick walls clamping down as wave after wave of pleasure rippled through her body. He roared, burying himself deep, his cock twitching as he emptied himself.

Rolling onto his back, he pulled Emile on top, still connected in the most intimate of ways. They lay there, utterly spent, taking comfort in the pleasure of each other's touch.

*****

At precisely six the next night, Carly's doorbell rang.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Maddie asked. She had again been called over to babysit, and was happy to earn a few extra dollars.

"Maddie," Carly said fervently, turning to the younger woman, "There is a rich, handsome man on my doorstep. He's more arrogant and demanding than anyone has a right to be. If you want him, he's yours."

Maddie laughed easily. "Dressed as you are, I doubt he will even notice me." She was probably correct. "And he's probably old," Maddie added as an afterthought.

"Well then," Carly said with dignity, "It is my prerogative, as a woman, to make him wait."

The doorbell rang again, rather impatiently, but nothing could induce Carly to answer the summons. This was such a bad idea. She should have called and canceled. Maddie gave her a strange look, and went to answer the door herself.

"Ms. Whelehan is panicking in the kitchen," Maddie offered, deciding it would be best to take the boys upstairs to play. At least for a little while.

Blake strode into the kitchen, intent on dragging Carly to his car. He thought they had worked it all out on the phone the other night. Why would she dare she leave him on the doorstep like that after he'd spent so long in the car, just to spend time with her? He had managed to work himself into a fit as he stood waiting outside.

When he caught sight of her, he froze, and all angry thoughts fled. Carly wore a deep blue dress that shimmered in the light and clung to her curves enticingly. The dress landed mid-thigh, with a halter top that left her shoulders bare and offered just a hint of cleavage. Her clutch was made of the same fabric, the tight grip she held it with betraying her anxiety. She shifted slightly, his attention drawn to her feet, which were encased in stilettos that added height and enhanced her sexuality.

Carly was secretly pleased to note that Blake was practically drooling as he looked at her for longer than was probably polite. It settled something deep inside. Suddenly, the nervousness vanished. She had made her decision, and now needed to see it through.

"I am sorry to keep you waiting," she announced almost regally into the silence. "And for the record, I wish it known that I reserve the right to dislike you immensely and have a terrible time."

Blake laughed as the tension broke, and offered Carly his arm with a slight bow. "As my lady wishes."

He escorted her to his car, guiding her through her own home with soft touches. He just couldn't seem to keep his hands to himself. Holding open the door to his top of the line Mercedes C-class, he watched in avid fascination as she slid in, the hem of her dress inching higher.

Blake adjusted himself discreetly as he walked to the driver's side of the car. As he entered into traffic, Blake struggled to pull his mind away from rather explicit thoughts and engage Carly in conversation. He just hoped he could have himself under control by the time they made it to the restaurant.

"I feel so out of place," Carly murmured as they entered La Belle Vie, hanging off of Blake's arm.

"You belong," Blake returned, just as softly. "Never doubt that you belong, here and by my side. You are something no money could buy; you are real, strength and beauty."

His words calmed her nerves, and she practically glowed. She wasn't used to pretty words and heart-felt compliments, and didn't know how to respond. Instead, she studied the drink menu, finally deciding on a fruity specialty of the house.

Carly tried hard not to notice the prices, and was only partly successful, until Blake piqued her temper once again. Without even considering her opinion, he ordered the most expensive tasting menu the establishment provided. It would be a truly gourmet experience, lasting a dozen courses.

"Perhaps I am a vegetarian," she almost growled in frustration as soon as the waitress stepped away.

Blake looked at her with patient amusement. "You had no trouble eating pepperoni pizza."

"Did you even consider asking me what I wanted before ordering for me?" She asked.

Realizing with remarkable alacrity his mistake, he apologized. "I thought to offer you the very finest experience, a dinner worth lingering over. If you would prefer something else, I will get the waitress back over."

"It's what I would have chosen," Carly's anger vanishing with the sincerely offered apology. "I just wish you would have asked. I don't want you making decisions for me."

When the first course arrived, it looked almost too pretty to eat. Tiny quail eggs had been poached and placed on thin slices of perfectly toasted wedges. Caviar and wild onions were used as almost decoration. "I'm half afraid to eat this," Carly admitted, looking at the food. "It looks more like art than food."

"The presentation makes it all the more delicious," Blake said, taking a bit with no hesitation.

"I've never understood the fascination with snapping photos of food before, but it almost feels like a compulsion tonight. Like the world should see what I'm eating, so they can be insanely jealous." Carly was still admiring her food.

"Eat, woman," Blake growled playfully.

She complied, savoring the rich, complex flavors. Each course was similar in nature, a gorgeous presentation that managed to taste divine, paired with a wine that complemented the food to perfection. Conversation flowed easily as they enjoyed their exquisite meal. The pair swapped stories, Blake telling about adventures gone wrong, memorable trips, and life with the pack, glossing over the preternatural aspects of his life. Carly told of the antics of her classes over the years and places she had explored with her sister, but enjoyed listening to Blake more. She was a bit envious, truth to tell. Blake lived life fully, and she was imagining just what her future could be like. She wasn't sure if she was ready to leave the comfort of her own safe little world, but it was a tempting world he offered.

They lingered over their meal, but time moved much too quickly for Blake and Carly. Eventually, he paid the massive bill, and they rose to leave. Carly sighed, a bit sadly, not entirely ready for the evening to be over. "It's a pity the Maddie is expecting me back," she said, a little wistfully.

Blake shot her a knowing look, and leaned over for a brief kiss. His words were loaded with promise. "Call her and let her know you'll be late."

radella
radella
272 Followers
12