Werewolf at Heart Ch. 06

Story Info
Carly deals with the truth.
5k words
4.75
26.8k
100

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/18/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
radella
radella
272 Followers

Emile looked at Jack, who watched his Alpha run into the woods. "That... could have gone better," he said wryly.

Emile sighed and wrapped her arms around Jack, resting her head on his shoulder. It felt strange to be alone in the Alpha's home, but it didn't seem to bother Jack at all. "So what do we do now?"

Jack pulled Emile tight, content to just breathe her in. "This is going to be a nightmare. I suppose I've got to keep the pack and businesses running, while containing Blake without challenging him."

"He's not going to..." Emile couldn't bring herself to finish the question.

"You have nothing to worry about," He reassured Emile. "Blake isn't going to abandon the pack, so he won't turn into a lone wolf, he won't be crazy, just unbearable. Eventually, he will find a balance. His wolf was rejected rather harshly, and is mourning, not that I blame Carly. Blake was being an utter bastard. He'll manage to control his wolf, and then he'll be back, even if I have to go out there and beat some sense into him."

"Is this what I did to you, all those years?" Emile asked quietly, afraid he would answer.

"It wasn't the same. Blake brought this on himself. You, well, I told you before," he said, pulling back so she could read the truth in his eyes, "For you, I would do anything."

"You really would, wouldn't you?" She asked, wondering why it had taken her so long.

"You needed to heal. It wouldn't have been right. I hate what happened to you, and I regret that was how we met. But I don't regret waiting for the time to be right. I'm just happy you're here with me now, love." Jack answered the question she didn't even need to ask. He just knew her that well.

Emile reached up to kiss him. It was gentle and tender, and was everything she couldn't find the words to say. It was promise that her heart and soul were finally healing. It was hope for the future, together. It was love, deep and pure and forever. Jack let it drag on forever, not wanting to lose the connection he could almost feel growing stronger between them. Groaning, Emile finally broke the kiss.

"Carly isn't like us," She said, after taking a moment to collect her thoughts, and snuggle herself comfortably into Jack's embrace. "She holds order and logic as fanatically as a religious ideal. You heard her as well as I. She believes that werewolves cannot exist, so we must be some sort of delusional crazy. She's just stubborn enough to convince herself to stay away from all of us."

Jack considered her words carefully. She knew Carly as well as he knew Blake. "My guess is that she will reach out to someone, probably you. You've known her for a long time, and you can help her process. For now, we'll keep things as they are. Spend your weekdays at your home and work, spend your weekends here with me. You help Carly process, I'll help Blake cope, and maybe see some sense."

"This is really going to suck," Emile said with feeling. "I can hardly deal with myself, how am I supposed to help her?"

Jack smiled, "You're strong, and you love her. You'll figure it out."

There was something else Jack was worrying about, something he was fairly certain no one else had picked up on yet. The boy Jason was only eight, yet he managed to escape from a well-supervised group of werewolf children, elude the best trackers and guides the pack had to offer, and remain hidden from sight, smell, and hearing for hours. It was anything but normal, especially for a human, and especially for one so young. He decided he was going to need to dig deeper. Something was clearly amiss, and the need to protect the pack was strong.

"I'm going after Blake. Will you be alright alone?" Jack asked.

"I'll be waiting in your home when you return," Emile answered. She wanted him to stay. She didn't really feel comfortable in his house or on the pack lands alone. She also knew his duty to the pack, especially when the Alpha was indisposed, could be overpowering. She knew it wasn't abandonment, but that was how it felt. She anchored herself in him, especially when she visited. Yet he believed she was strong, so she would be.

Sensing her insecurities, Jack kissed her, drowning her fears in taste and touch. Passion flared, white hot. He trailed kisses down the column of her throat, nipping lightly at her collarbone, fingers seeking access to the treasures under her skirt. Emile's hands hadn't been idle. She had quickly undone his fly, and was soon wrapped around his manhood, stroking him. Jack backed her into the wall, skirt rucked up to her waist. Pushing her panties to the side, he entered her. Both still mostly clothed, heedless of the fact they were still in the Alpha's home. Emile clung to him, legs wrapped around Jack as he held her ass, keeping them perfectly aligned. Their joining was fast, almost primal. Emile rocking her hips to meet each of Jack's hard thrusts, muffling her moans and cries by biting him hard in the thick muscles where his neck met his shoulder. Jack could feel himself tightening, knew he was close to cumming. He started rubbing and flicking her clit with one hand, wanting to feel her body milking his cock. It was an addicting feeling, and he managed to hold off, just barely, until he felt the first wave of her orgasm ripple through her body. Then he let himself loose, shooting his load deep into her welcoming body.

They stayed connected, gasping for breath, Emile caught between the wall and Jack. She smiled, happy. Yes, she could be strong, she would do anything for Jack, if this was the reward. Sudden realization of where they were washed over her.

"Did we really just fuck in the Alpha's living room?" She asked, horrified.

Jack laughed. "And wasn't it fantastic? I love how your body responds to mine. We could do it again?" He asked. Emile wasn't nearly so amused, but if Jack wasn't worried than she wouldn't, either.

"Although we might want to open the windows before we leave," Jack mused, as an afterthought.

All too soon, the windows were open and Jack was pulling Emile out the door. They headed back to his house, where he quickly shifted and loped off into the woods to find Blake. Emile made herself comfortable, deciding on baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and settle in to wait for her man to return.

Blake ran through the woods as a wolf, not going anywhere but away. If only he could run away from his thoughts. He had given Carly no reason to trust him, but had demanded it from her. She trusted, and he failed. And now she was gone. He had urged her to accept him without letting her know what she was getting into, and yet she gave of herself so willingly. He had expected her to fall in line, never guessing that she wouldn't. She had been feisty, but he had worn her down until she gave up. He played upon her feelings and desires, manipulating her until he got what he wanted. He had messed up, and wasn't sure he could recover. He wasn't sure he deserved to.

So through the woods he ran, losing himself in the rhythm of moving through the forest. He followed the well worn paths, where paws had tread a thousand times before, wearing down the vegetation and packing the earth smooth. He ran, feeling the wind ruffle his fur, carrying the scents of pine and birch, the ripeness of late summer, squirrels and deer and grouse. He let his mind fill with the connections to the pack, the close friends he surrounded himself with, the families that birthed the next generation, the elders that kept the memories alive. He deserved none of it. He had failed his mate, and by extension, the pack.

As if conjured by thought, Jack suddenly appeared by his side. Jack understood what Blake was going through, and offered friendship and loyalty, knowing it would be enough for now to keep him connected to his pack. Together they ran, not hunting, not talking, just letting the natural world calm and comfort a troubled soul. Hours later, exhausted from running late into the night, they returned to Blake's home.

"I'll be fine," Blake said, speaking mentally instead of shifting back to human.

Jack cocked his head to the side, an almost disbelieving look on the wolf's face.

"I've been stupid and seriously screwed things up. It was my fault, and I need to figure out how to fix it without making it worse. Tonight, I'll be fine. You can go home to your woman." Blake elaborated.

*****

Carly didn't know what to think. Finding out Blake believed himself a werewolf wasn't some minor, insignificant detail. It was something he should have disclosed, so she could have walked away from his brand of crazy before her heart was entangled. In the heat of her anger, she had almost accepted that werewolves were real. With time and distance, she was beginning to doubt the whole impossible situation. She didn't have room in her reality to believe werewolves existed. It wasn't something science and logic could explain, and she understood logic. And yet those men in the woods at the camp had turned into wolves. She had seen it with her own eyes, watched as bones and muscles changed and rearranged. Skin grew fur. Wolves had stood where once there had been men. So she struggled with an impossible situation, logic versus evidence.

She decided to address the one thing she could, at breakfast the following morning, ignoring for the moment the whole issue of werewolves. When Jason was done with his pancakes, and Caleb was happily squealing in his high chair playing with his cereal, Carly asked the question that had been haunting her.

"Jason," she started, "I know yesterday camping trip didn't go according to plan. I'm sure you were frightened, all alone in the woods for as long as you were. I need you to talk to me. I need you to tell me how it happened."

Jason played with the syrup on his plate, drawing shapes with his fork.

"Jay, honey, it's important." She said seriously, never taking her eyes of the child.

"I'm sorry," he said, still not looking up.

"Mistakes happen, and we learn from them. However, we aren't free from the consequences. You need to tell me the truth, so I can decide how to best handle the situation. I'm going to need more than an 'I'm sorry' from you," Carly said, not realizing she had slipped into her teacher voice.

Jason could hear the disappointment in her tone, and she sounded so very much like his mom. But he was afraid to tell her the truth. What if she decided she didn't want him and sent him away? Dad always said that the secret was important, that no one could ever find out. But Fiona had found out, met his truth with her own. Aunt Carly was nice, but he wasn't sure she would believe him. He had listened, last night, as she fought with Blake. She had yelled that she would always be human. Jason, well, he wasn't entirely human himself.

"I got scared and ran away, and then I was scared that I ran away," he finally said, still looking at the patterns that he was drawing in the syrup.

"And why were you so scared?" Carly was prepared to pull it from him word by word, had a great deal of practice pulling stories from reluctant teens. She hated that their first real conversation had to be about this, but a part of her was happy that Jason was finally talking. At least, he was talking for now, however long it lasted.

"Fiona told me her secret because she found out mine. Except hers really wasn't a secret and mine was. Dad said never to let anyone find out my secret." Jason finally admitted, hoping that the questions would stop.

Carly's blood ran cold, imagining all the things those secrets might be. "Sometimes secrets are harmless, like keeping secrets about things that will make others happy, like Christmas presents. Are these secrets happy secrets?"

Jason just shook his head. "Some secrets are bad secrets, because they could hurt someone. Those sorts of secrets you should tell to adults that care for you. Are these secrets the bad ones?"

Jason nodded, miserably.

"I need you to tell me the secrets, Jason." Her tone was deadly serious, and Jason was certain he was going to be sent away.

"You won't believe me," Jason answered, finally dropping his fork on his plate and turning his sad, solemn gaze upon his aunt. "Last night you told Blake that he was crazy because he's a werewolf. But he's not crazy. Fiona's a werewolf, too. She told me. I think everyone was."

Carly closed her eyes, not sure if she should be more concerned that Jason overheard the argument or that he clearly believed werewolves were real. "If that is her secret, what is yours?"

"Dad says that I'm a wizard, like he is. And Caleb, probably. If my dad is a wizard, shouldn't my brother be one, too?"

"A wizard?" Carly tried to keep the incredulity from her voice. She failed, but Jason didn't seem to notice.

"Don't send us away. Please don't send us away. I'll be good, I promise," he said, nearly bursting into tears, suddenly very afraid.

"Oh, Jason! I wouldn't dream of sending you away!" Carly said, getting up from the table. She pulled her nephew into a hug, wondering just how she managed to find herself in this situation. Math was her life, a world of order and logic. Suddenly she's slept with someone claiming to be a werewolf, and guardian of her nephew who claims he's a wizard. This sort of thing doesn't happen to normal people.

"We'll revisit werewolves and wizards a moment. But I need more information about what went wrong. You said Fiona found out your secret. How did that happen?"

Jason took a deep breath, and started telling the story. He didn't believe his aunt, didn't really believe she would never send him away. Dad had told him never to tell, but Carly wasn't going to give up. "I can do little things to hide. Dad said hiding was sometimes important because people don't like wizards. We were playing hide and seek, and I was using my little things. I can blend in really good, and I can make it so no one can hear me or smell me even. Dad said never to forget the smell because that's how some creatures hunt. So we were playing and I was blending in and smelling like the trees and sounding like the wind, but Fiona ran into me. I don't know how to hide from touch. She was really surprised. But when she asked me how I did it, I didn't want to tell her. Then she said that she was a werewolf, and even if she couldn't shift yet, she should have been able to smell me, and if I wasn't really a human, what was I?"

His thoughts were as jumbled as his telling, and he wondered if Fiona had already told on him. Because that's when he got scared. He ran and hid for real and not just for a game. Until he became really scared and just wanted to go home. That's when he let the werewolves find him.

"Running away was a bad idea," Carly finally said, trying to figure out this parenting thing. So much of his story was so wildly impossible, but he clearly believed what he was saying. "Run if you're in danger, but not if you're just scared. If you can't face what you're afraid of, then ask someone who can help."

Carly knew it wasn't the right thing to say, but she wasn't sure what the right thing was anymore, and she was feeling a bit hypocritical. Wasn't she running scared, running from Blake? That was different, she reasoned.

She sighed, cleaning up the breakfast dishes and wiping down Caleb. Placing him on the floor, she watched as he started to crawl around, completely oblivious to everyone else, intent on exploring his surroundings. Turning her attention back to Jason she said, "So tell me about this wizard thing. What can you do? What could your dad do? And did your mom know about it?"

"Mom knew, but she couldn't do anything. Dad says it's something you are born with, like blue eyes or curly hair. Dad can do a lot of things. He can make a fire start, and he can hide like me, but he can also see through my hiding. He can make things appear and disappear and come to life, even if they're not real. He once made the snowmen we built have a snowball fight!" There was total hero worship in his voice, and Carly wondered just how she could ever give Jason what he needed, even as she worried at just how deeply she believed.

Jason's voice turned sad, and forlorn. "Dad didn't stop the truck. Do you think he could have stopped the truck from hitting us?"

"Oh, Jay, honey. I bet your dad did everything he could. He loved you so much, he would still be here with you if he could." She tried to reassure her nephew, but wasn't sure he believed her. "Can you show me any of your little tricks?" She asked, desperately trying to change the topic. She was fairly confident that nothing would happen, but she didn't want him dwelling on the accident that brought him to her.

"I can't do much because Dad says I won't get all my powers until I'm older, and that I need to get special classes. But I can do a little," He said enthusiastically. "Watch! This is how I hide."

"Holy Mary mother of God," she swore softly. It was completely disconcerting to see. One second Jason was sitting on the kitchen chair, and the next moment she couldn't see him at all. Just gone. Slowly, she walked over and reached out. She could touch him. He was still there, she could feel the soft material of his pajamas, the warmth of his skin. She heard him giggle, and he suddenly popped back into view, her hands still resting on his arms.

"You dad was right," she finally managed at length. "This is a dangerous secret. People wouldn't understand. You must keep this secret. Promise me that you'll never do your hiding thing around others unless I tell you it's ok. Never out in public or at school or around people who don't know."

"I promise," Jason said.

"You shouldn't have hidden like this on the trip," She added.

Jason looked sad. "Dad and I used to play hide and seek all the time. I didn't think about that it might not be ok. It's just how I play it."

Carly nodded, more to herself than anything. She was completely out of her depth, once again. She needed someone to talk to, someone who wouldn't want to lock her up in a psych ward and shoot her full of anti-psychotics. She wasn't sure she was ready to talk it through with Blake. She wasn't sure she ever would be. She was still pissed about how he had handled so many things. But there was someone else with whom she could talk.

Emile saw that the phone call was from Carly, and almost didn't answer.

"Emile, get over here, now. We need to talk."

Emile wanted to spend the day wrapped up in Jack, but they decided that Carly needed her more. Her tone had been a bit frantic. Jack had listened in on the call, and wondered just how much of it was werewolf business, and how much of it was something else. He would have expected Carly to have calmed down from the excitement of the previous night, but that clearly hadn't happened. Carly needed Emile, so he had let her go, for the good of the pack.

Several hours later, Emile arrived at Carly's home, and walked in. "Have you slept at all?" She asked, looking at her friend.

Carly shook her head, "Not hardly. And this morning has just been too much. Would you mind listening to Jason for a while? I know I called you over to talk, but right now I need to put Caleb down for his nap, and maybe take one myself."

"Jason's talking?" Emile asked, surprised.

"Once he started, I think he's just trying to make up for lost time." Carly replied. "And this is privileged information. I'm only telling you because you're practically family and I don't trust anyone else. If you tell anyone, Jack or Blake or anyone else, I will never forgive you. Tell anyone, and you will be dead to me."

Emile wondered at the seriousness, in her friend's tone. "As long as it doesn't harm me or the people I care for, I will not tell."

Turning to Jason, Carly said, "Jay, honey, Emile is someone we are going to trust with the secret. Can you tell her what we talked about earlier?"

radella
radella
272 Followers
12