Werewolves and Indians Ch. 04

Story Info
Finding acceptance.
9.6k words
4.72
18.2k
26

Part 4 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 09/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers

Werewolves and Indians

Chapter 4

This is a nonhuman story. All of the characters are above the age of consent. In this chapter, Kerri and Ja'Mal talk. Logan and Betty move things forward. Marcus remembers his childhood.

A special thanks to Harryhill for inspiring me to continue this tale.

Thanks to Overstar for editing this chapter.

*****

Jacob picked Keamon up and drove him to the den. Marcus greeted his friend with a hug and invited him to his special room. The two walked to the man cave where they would often sit and just enjoy visiting. The man cave was a room Marcus created in his home when he wanted absolute privacy. No one entered without an explicit invitation.

He was a creature of comfort, so he had a stereo system with copies of his favorite music on compact disc. There was a small television that he could watch the game on. He even had a section with a computer in case he wanted to go online or play games. The furniture was simple, one overstuff sofa with two adult size bean bags, a private frig which held his favorite drinks, a small bed to nap in, and a small electric heater/air conditioner to adjust the temperature when he needed to. It wasn't aesthetically beautiful, but it fulfilled his needs, and for Marcus, that was enough.

Keamon had a seat and Marcus offered him a drink. He had in stock different beverages from all over the region. In truth, Marcus could make any type of mixture one desired, but that was a secret he only shared with his best friend. Years earlier, after Alpha Jermyo passed, Keamon was visiting with him and was curious. He asked Marcus, "Why have a private room? Just ban everyone out of your bed room or create a private office?

Marcus laughed, but there was no real joy in his laughter, and said, "I tried that. But since Papa passed, I've been acting Alpha here. The wolves all report here, day and night. Since this is a temporary alpha home, the pack has free access. So I made my space, my man cave. No one enters unless I invite them." He walked over to a wall where he had pictures of his father, mother, cousins, and other beloved pack members.

Keamon nodded. Then he suggested, "Why not simply open the main house? You can work from there and leave your home for you."

Marcus eyes became moist. "I am not Alpha Keamon. I will not take up residence of any kind in the Alpha home." Marcus shook his head to dismiss that memory. Keamon waited a moment and allowed his friend time to remember.

Marcus Kingsley was a good man, a strong leader, but too often he doubted himself. Soon he turned to his friend and smiled. His joy at seeing him evident in his eyes, "Hey, Keamon, I'm so glad to see you. It's been too long. But something tells me this is not a social visit." Marcus stated.

Keamon smiled, "Old friend, you are right. I have dire news, but if we act we can stop evil from taking hold." He explained.

Marcus offered him a seat and sat down beside him and said, "Explain."

Keamon asked one question. "Do you remember Alpha Jermyo telling us about the Were princess before he passed? We had to be vigilant and keep her safe."

Chills, Marcus felt chills course through his tall frame. He stood and walked away from his friend. "Keamon, what has happened?" he demanded, knowing that his friend had special gifts. If he came to him, then their world was about to change.

Keamon took a breath and continued. "The Old Shaman, Frank, has left this plane. He passed months ago. His power went into his only living relative, Lionel."

Lionel, Ja'Mal said that guy hates him. Marcus stopped breathing and nodded, "Keep going." He ordered.

"Lionel is Shaman and he is powerful now, too powerful. He wants to obtain the highest level of a power and become a demi-God. To achieve this he needs to mate with the wajanlpi. She is key to him ruling over both human and Were alike." Keamon took a breath. "He knows who she is. He has always known. She is in danger. He will force her to mate with him, even if he has to destroy the ones closest to her to do so. I am afraid Marcus. Lionel is worse than Frank ever was. He has no conscience, no moral meter. If we unite, we can buy some time until he can be stopped." Keamon explained. Marcus listened, but he had to ask.

Marcus was concerned, but decided to throw an idea out there. "He's a man, right? If we find him and destroy him, that ends the problem, doesn't it?" He asked.

Keamon shuddered visibly. Marcus had never seen his friend so shaken. "We can't kill him, Marcus. He is undefeatable. Only one has the power to destroy him, and if he does not take action we are doomed." He took a breath and pulled out an old book Alpha Jermyo gave him. Marcus remembered that book. When they were kids, Papa often read the stories from it. He wondered what happened to it and was surprised to see that his friend had it.

"The true mate of wapjanli has to destroy the demon. That is what Lionel has become. However, he has no idea who he is or why he came here." Keamon looked at his old friend. "You have to teach him, Marcus. He needs your guidance. He is like you, a dark Were. He is strong, but much damaged."

Marcus knew to whom he was referring. Immediately, he thought of Ja'Mal. He knew there was something about that kid. He started to speak when Keamon continued. "He hates what he is and because of his hate he rejects her. His rejection can cause her to be vulnerable and an easy target for Lionel." Keamon faced his friend. "All is not lost. He will defend her with his life if he must. He just needs to be taught." Then he smiled, "You've always wanted children. Think of this as a dry run." He teased.

Marcus groaned. Ja'Mal Sims is not looking for a father. Besides, I am definitely not daddy material. "Who is she? Who is the Were princess?" Knowing his friend, Keamon chuckled.

"Kerri Anne, her father will be here to see you today." Keamon added. He had no idea how he knew that. He just did. Marcus nodded accepting his friend's proclamation.

Keamon's stomach grumbled, and Marcus insisted that he eat. The two men left the man cave and went into the kitchen. Patricia, the cook, made them a quick meal. It did not get past Keamon, that the young woman took extra time in preparing her leader's food. However, Marcus didn't notice and thanked her dismissing her without a second glance. "Marcus, that girl", Keamon chuckled, "Never mind, my friend. Never mind."

"What?" Marcus asked confused. Patricia was a great cook. If she wasn't he would have replaced her by now. He would make sure he spoke with her later and thank her for preparing their meal. After eating breakfast, the two simply visited. They agreed that after this situation was handled that they would take a day to go hunting. Soon, Keamon saw it was near lunch and he had to get home. Marcus called Jacob. He excused himself from Keamon for a moment to address his friend. He shared some of the details of what Keamon had told him.

Jacob agreed, Ja'Mal needed backup. If what Keamon said about Lionel was true, he would try and destroy the young man. He would take Keamon home and then find Ja'Mal and talk with him. He would stay with him and watch this Shaman.

The two men joined Keamon and explained that they would be vigilant where Lionel was concerned. Jacob drove him back to town. Marcus had the omegas to prepare a permanent room for Ja'Mal. One of the Omegas asked about Betty's room and Marcus smiled. He saw the way Logan watched Betty last night. If she stayed at the den, he knew it wouldn't be at his house. Marcus laughed, Why was it so hard for him to find and keep a good woman. He mused. Then he prepared for Larry to arrive at any time.

*****

Ja'Mal worked on an '83 Ford Taurus, when he noticed Kerri walking to the diner. After she walked in, he noticed that Lionel arrived shortly after her. He was uneasy. "Hey Gus, I'm going to break and take lunch," Jamal called out to his boss.

"Ok, kid, Bring me back a steak sandwich with potato salad he called." Gus kept working on the engine he was rebuilding.

"Gotcha." Ja'Mal answered. He quickly walked over to the diner to grab a quick lunch, but lunch was the last thing on his mind.

Entering the diner, Ja'Mal growled. Kerri was sitting at a table with that bastard. Ja'Mal wanted to storm over to the table and demand what was going on, but he hesitated. Not that he was afraid, but he didn't have the right to demand anything of her. So glowering at the two of them, Ja'Mal sat at a booth and watched. He wasn't alone for long, Jacob joined him. He was surprised, as was Mary, who rushed over to greet her friend.

"Jacob Kinsley, boy look at you. I haven't seen you in ages." She chastised him.

Jacob smiled and embraced her, and assured her he was fine. He was simply joining his young protégé, Ja'Mal, for lunch. Mary, raised an eyebrow, "Really, well that's good news. Ja'Mal you could not have a better teacher." She added. As she called for one of the waitresses to come take their order.

Kerri was secretly listening, and hid a smile as she learned his name, Ja'Mal she mused, nice. Lionel was now irritated. He had to hook her now, or he'd lose this opportunity.

"Kerri, listen, thank you for agreeing to meet with me earlier. I have to make arrangements for," he stopped, covering his mouth.

"Oh right, Lionel, I'm so sorry. He was your only family, right?" Kerri asked, sincerely feeling bad for this man that lost his only living relative.

"Yes, Old Uncle Frank. I know he wasn't well liked, but..." Lionel looked away, making sure she could see the tears he could not hide.

He reached for Kerri's hand, and Ja'Mal growled. She jumped and removed her hand. She wanted to look at him, but for some reason she felt that might be a bad idea. Lionel heard the other male as well, and decided to provoke him into a reaction. Male weres were extremely possessive when it came to their mates. If he could get Ja'Mal to attack, then that would be in his favor. He reached across the table and touched her arm. "Kerri, thank you. You are too kind. I need help writing a eulogy, planning a short ceremony, I wonder would you be willing..."

Having heard and seen enough Ja'Mal stood and headed to them. Jacob stopped him. Jamal, he wants you to react. Calm down.

"Wait, how?" Ja'Mal asked confused. He was not a member of their pack.

"Easy the same way you commanded Logan and me last night." He chuckled.

"I didn't..." Ja'Mal started to argue.

"Yes, you did. Right after you beat us up, you ordered us to stay down. We had no choice but to obey you." He explained.

"Why? That makes no sense." Ja'Mal argued. Jacob smiled. This young man had no idea that he was an Alpha. He'd talk to Betty and see if she knew. "Nothing, don't worry. Let's keep an eye on this guy." he suggested, and with that suggestion, Ja'Mal couldn't argue.

Lionel saw Jacob walk in and sat with Ja'Mal. Fuck, he thought, He has contacted the pack. I must move quickly.

"Lionel, I'm sorry. I wish I could, but I can't. Look, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something simple." Kerri said softly. He is mannerism were off. He was being a little too friendly, and she was uncomfortable. Lionel was always a bit intense, but lately he seemed to be obsessively possessive where she was concerned.

"Lionel this may not be the best time, but I wanted to ask you to back off. Your behavior makes me..." he growled.

"Kerri, are you coming on to me?" He asked, loudly enough to draw attention to them. "I just lost my Uncle for goodness sake. I'm sorry, you aren't my type sweetie. Listen, I didn't know you had feelings for me. I was simply being nice to you. I mean with everything that's going on with your father... Sweetheart, listen, I want a woman, not a little girl." He snickered causing people to stare.

Kerri was embarrassed. Ja'Mal was pissed. That bullshit, may have fooled the others, but it did not fool him. That bastard was trying to humiliate his mate and he would not stand still and let this continue. He would not let him harm his mate. Ja'Mal's wolf was ecstatic. He claimed her. His human finally recognized her for who she was. Finally, they could do what was necessary to keep her safe. Ja'Mal stalked over to the booth that held both Lionel and Kerri. Just as he approached Lionel, Jacob stood between them.

Kerri blushed and immediately started to apologize when she realized they were not alone. Her wolf preened at the knowledge that her mate was ready to defend her. For a second, Kerri simply looked at Ja'Mal awed by his sheer presence. Lionel cleared his throat, and she quickly restated her apologies to him. Ja'Mal and Jacob stood beside the two of them not moving. Ja'Mal had heard enough, and she would not apologize to that psycho.

"Hey Kerri, hey Lionel, sorry to interrupt. I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle." Jacob offered, Ja'Mal just glared at him. Jacob nudged him, and he gruffly offered his condolences. Then he looked at her. She was shamed.

"Gentlemen, if you'll excuse me. I have to get back to work. Lionel. Thanks for lunch, and I'm sorry for..." Ja'Mal hissed effectively ending her diatribe. Her eyes connected with his instantly and she knew. She was his, despite any protest he might give.

Ja'Mal stopped her. "Wait, Kerri. I'll walk with you. Gus needs a drink for his lunch." He added.

So, he picked up his orders and looked back at Jacob. Ja'Mal sent Jacob a clear message. Watch that bastard. Lionel was talking and did not see the small nod between the two.

At first neither spoke, just walked. "What time do you have to be back?" Ja'Mal asked.

Kerri checked her watch. "In fifteen minutes, look Ja'Mal..." she blushed, "Thanks for walking with me. I am so embarrassed." They stopped and sat on a bench in front of the store, and Kerri looked around and then sat looking at the ground. Ja'Mal sat beside her. "It's just that I thought he was..."

Ja'Mal spoke. "Stalking you. He is. Today he was trying to cover. I don't like you being alone with him."

Kerri's wolf howled. He is jealous. See I told you he could not deny us, she preened. "Ja'Mal. Look I appreciate your concern, but I can handle Lionel."

Ja'Mal huffed. "Kerri, I have to be honest. I know who you are, but I don't want a mate. Some things happened at my old pack and..." He took a deep breath and tried again, "After what happened at my last pack; a woman is the last thing I need. No woman should be stuck with someone like me. " He exhaled. "My wolf won't listen. He wants you. Hell he claims you, so I won't let that bastard hurt you Kerri. If he harms you it will kill me. So I ask that you don't spend any more time with him."

Kerri felt strange. A part of her was happy her mate recognized her, but a part was hurt that his human didn't want her. "Ja'Mal, I have waited my whole life for you. I don't know what your issues are, but I want to help you if I can." She touched his shoulder and he jumped. He stood and moved away.

"I'm flawed Kerri. I'm no good." Ja'Mal stopped. Those were the exact words his Alpha flung at him when he ordered them from their pack lands. Ja'Mal recalled every hateful word he spewed. No decent woman would want to end up with the likes of you. My daughter deserves better. Look at you; you are a nothing, a nobody. You are no good, and I wish I'd sent you away the day your father died. It would have saved this pack a load of grief. The Alpha glared at him and his mother with a look of disdain and pure hatred. Now you and your mother have ten minutes to get out of my compound, or your lives are forfeit. The Alpha declared. Momma was strong, but he knew the cruel words cut her deeply. She loved this pack, and for the past few decades, this was her home. The pack loved her as well, but her son, no one really liked. They could have let Momma stay, but she lost her home because of him. He hurt his mother, and he would not harm his mate as well.

There was something wrong with him, and he could not, no, he would not subject her to a life of being constantly ridiculed and embarrassed. However, he would protect her from Lionel and then he'd let her go. His wolf laughed. Son, you need to give it up. We aren't going anywhere. She's ours and we are staying here. Ja'Mal answered, We'll see, my wolf. We'll see.

Noticing the time, Kerri stood. Ja'Mal rose too. "I have to get back to work and so do you. Gus needs his sandwich. Look, can you come to the diner later? We can talk then." She asked. Ja'Mal nodded. He'd pick Momma up and take her home, then meet Kerri at the diner. They would talk. Despite everything, he really liked being with her. So for now, he would just enjoy being in her presence.

*****

Meanwhile, Marcus was in his office as Larry drove up. He walked out and welcomed him. "Larry, I was waiting for you. How are you?" he greeted him. Larry smiled. He liked Marcus. When Jermyo chose him to lead, he made a wise choice.

"Marcus, thank you for meeting with me. I'll keep this short. I am asking that my daughter, Kerri, be allowed to move back into the den." He asked.

Marcus smiled, "Of course. You don't have to ask. You and Kerri can come back at any time." Larry smiled and was relieved. Marcus continued. "I know about Lionel. We are watching him. I must ask that you move back here also, Larry. You can close up the farm. I'll have pack members go and take care of the animals."

Larry started to refuse. "I have three mortgages. I have to work, Marcus. The bank..." he explained.

"Larry, I know what Kerri is and so does Lionel. Keamon came to see me this morning." Marcus stated plainly. Larry froze. Keamon was the wisest man in the tribe. If he came to Marcus, then things were worse than he imagined.

Larry took a deep breath. He had to explain. "We wanted her to have a normal life. That's why we lived away from the den. Here, there was so much admiration from some and animosity from others. Alpha Jermyo understood and granted our request. Kerri Anne is my heart, my baby girl. She is also wapjanli. I never told her. Kara and I decided to let her have a normal childhood without being weighed down with the responsibilities that title includes."

Larry swallowed. He knew his daughter was in danger, and he had no idea how to protect her. He needed the pack. He needed them to help keep his daughter safe. Marcus decided to just be honest. He was done sugar-coating the situation. "Larry, I need you to move here also. He will use you to get to her. If he does something to you, Kerri will do anything to guarantee your safety. To protect your daughter, you need to protect yourself." Marcus explained with a wry smile. "Besides, if she's here, it might make my job easier."

Larry was confused, "What? How?" he asked.

"Well, Kerri has a mate. And I need him to stay here. If she is here, then he will more likely want to be near her, right?" he suggested. Larry nodded, knowing exactly what Marcus meant.

"What is he like? I've never met him." Larry explained. He knew if Marcus liked this kid; he was a stand-up guy.

"He's young, strong. He is stubborn as hell. But he is a fighter Larry. He will defend those he loves with everything in him. He has been hurt. Being a dark Were, being different is not easy; no matter what species you are." Marcus exhaled and looked out of the window.

He recalled growing up in the pack. He remembered being teased. He recalled every awful names they called him. His adopted father, Alpha Jermyo, often commanded the bullies to stop and but his mother told him he had to let Marcus learn to stand in his own. She was right. He learned to deal with being different. He realized that he had others who believed in him, and supported him no matter what. Something happened at their old pack, he was certain, but until Jamal trusted him, he could not help. He was there when Ja'Mal was ready. Other than Betty, he truly understood what he was going through.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers