Werewolves and Indians Ch. 08

Story Info
Lionel attacks and meets his end.
7.3k words
4.72
15.3k
17

Part 8 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 09/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers

Welcome back,

Now that Ja'Mal and Kerri have mated, the fun begins. Or does it? Lionel attacks and the pack pushes back. I must warn you that this chapter is heavy and there is no sex. Please do not let this deter you from reading the story.

Happy reading. IR2R

*****

Lionel approached the entrance of to den. In his full demon form he was a magnificent sight. The wolves guarding the entrance were befuddled and terrified. They saw a eight foot giant, red and glowing with illuminating yellow eyes. His arms extended in mammoth proportions. Each step the demon took left the earth scorched as black smoke arose as he walked.

They had no idea what it was, but the new they had to protect their homes. Several warriors met the monster at the gate, as one alerted Logan immediately. They knew they would not be able to stop him, but at least they could slow him down.

Lionel saw the guards and stopped. Not that he was frightened. He was mostly pissed off. This was it? These pathetic creatures were all that stood between him and the Dark Were. The bastard was a coward. He advanced and the troops The wolves linked their bodies arm to arm, forming a chain that T'chumekia had to get through. He might get through they thought, but he'd definitely have a fight on his hands.

Logan remembered Jamal's orders, He was charged with protecting the den against attack. He sent to Ja'Mal and Marcus letting them know they were besieged upon, but he had to go. He sent to the beta fighting on the first lines a clear set of orders. Don't attack in a group. He expects that. Layer your attack. So many attack at once, and when he throws them another wave hit him. he ordered.

The young males hurriedly headed to the gate. The sight scared them, but they did not back down. A huge monster held their pack members by the throat. Three Weres attacked causing the demon to drop one guy. The second wolf was already dead. Lionel laughed,Do theses filthy mutts think they can stop me. I am T'chumekia, guardian of the great pine.

He continued in his assault. The wolves were relentless. It was more of them than the monster and they attacked in waves. When he batted down one group, the other was pouncing. This battle continued, giving Logan and the omegas that were helping him a chance to move the weaker wolves to safety. Logan was at the Alpha home, when he heard the monster roar. He heard his fellow wolves howl in agony ask Lionel took great pleasure in dismembering them. He had to fight Lionel.

He stood to move when Betty, grabbed his arm. She cried and he held her for a moment. Her entire body quaked and he knew she was sure afraid. "Baby, you're safe Ok. Ja'Mal and the others are on the way. We will stop him." He promised, praying his words were truthful.

"Logan, please. Don't..." Betty sobbed. She couldn't finish that statement.

Everyone that needed protection was in the safe room. Logan noticed two young wolves, male and a female they were ready to fight. He stopped them. This action made Ja'Mal's decision clearer to him. "Naomi, Chris, stay here and guard the Alpha home. If he breaches, guide everyone out of the escape tunnels." Chris started to protest, but Logan stopped him. "My mate, our new alpha madam, all of our loved ones are in here. We must protect them and I need to two of you the get them to safety. If we fail, you two have to help Kerri stabilize the pack."

Naomi, quickly replied, "Yes Beta, we will protect them."

They then secured the entrance and the two young wolves stood guard.

Betty was terrified. She could not lose another mate. Losing Carl hurt, but if she lost Logan, it would kill her. Logan, please, be careful. Betty sent, knowing he would not hear, but to her surprise he responded.

I will, take care of everyone in there for me. he replied. They communicated like true mates. Only they had not marked each other yet. It didn't matter because he was her mate and she needed him to survive this.

I will. she answered and the cut communication. Logan needed to concentrate on the battle he was facing.

As he rushed to the battle site, he sent to his leader, The den is under attack. He's here. Come back. He will ... He broke off because at this point, he'd made it to the battle ground. What he saw stunned him into silence. He had to fight. Shutting off communication, Logan shifted and attacked.

****

Marcus and Ja'Mal rushed to the den. Jacob knew something was wrong. What's happening? What's wrong? he sent.

Jacob, the den is under attack. We must hurry. Ja'Mal sent.

Jacob stood causing the other inmates to look at him. He realized he couldn't help them. He foolish choice to go off with a woman placed his pack in danger.

"Kent, Kent, Listen. I need to talk to Sunnet. Can you call her, please?" he begged.

"Jacob, you know we can't call her now. Calm down, she'll be here in the morning." Kent explained. He felt bad for Jacob, because he knew everyone would be after him. He also believed that if he killed Jerome, it was in self-defense. However, many would try to make Jerome be the victim in this case. He hoped the truth came out quickly, so that Jacob would not waste more than a few nights in jail. Jacob calmed down and sat in a corner. The other occupants watched him and said nothing.

*****

Kerri sat in the safe room. She walked to all of the groups and offered what words of comfort that she could. Most were welcoming, but some felt she was the cause of this. The man attacking them wanted her. Marcus should have gave her to them.

Kerri at this point had a bond with each and every, member of her pack. She wanted to explained, apologize, or something, but in all honesty they were right. Had she gone to Lionel, maybe they would be spared.

But deep down, she knew they would have perished. Lionel would have absorbed her essence and became all powerful. He hated wolves and would have taken great pleasure in killing each and every one of them.

After speaking with an elderly wolf and her two granddaughters that lost their mother a year earlier, Kerri needed time to think. These were her people, her family. She had to find a way to cultivate a relationship with them.

As she sat contemplating, Ja'Mal called. Baby are you alright. We are almost home. Don't worry, we'll stop him. He then spoke to his mother. Momma, I'm coming. I'll protect you. I promise. At this point they had arrived and what they saw stopped them dead in their tracks. Not ones to back down, Marcus and Ja'Mal joined the fight.

*****

Hours passed, and Jacob did not sleep. He was so worried about what was going on at the den. He wouldn't send because he knew his brothers needed to concentrate. Night turned into day, as the inmates were brought breakfast. Jacob wasn't hungry. He needed to find out what was happening at the den.

Soon the officers escorted him into a conference room where he met with Sunnet. He smiled as he entered. She was as lovely as ever.

"Good morning, Jacob. I see you are not worse for wear." Sunnet greeted her client as he walked in. The man looked good. Even if he was wearing the pale gray and blue standard issued inmate garb, the man made her heart pound.

"Good morning Sunnet. I need... Something's happened..." he paused. She may have not wanted this case and was stuck with it. What if she could care less that he was about to lose his family.

Sunnet looked at her client. Something was wrong. "Jacob, has someone hurt you? Did the guards mistreat you? Did the other inmates abuse you in some way?" She queried.

"No, No, not. It's my family. Something has happened at home. I'm worried." Jacob explained.

Sunnet noticed the guard at the door, and she asked him to step out. "Jacob, what's wrong. Is your pack in danger?" she queried.

Jacob stopped talking. She was willing to listen. He took a deep breath. "They are under attack and I need to get home. Is there any way I can get out of here?" he asked.

"Jacob, we go before the judge after lunch. Honestly it could go either way. Fortunately, Raymond and Seth survived. So at least they cannot charge you with a triple homicide. However, they are trying to go for murder. I'll talk with Chase and see exactly what he has planned. HE seems to be a fair person, and from talking with him last night, he will follow the letter of the law. If he goes for an assault charge, the chances of you being released on bail increases significantly."

Jacob nodded. "Sunnet, what time do we meet the judge?" he asked.

"At one, don't worry; I'll do my best to get you out of here." Sunnet promised. The guard returned and Sunnet stood to leave. Jacob grabbed her hand. For some reason, he wasn't ready for her to go. She sat back down and they were silent for a while. Jacob closed his eyes and Sunnet admired his handsome face. She smiled to herself, as she acknowledged that the man was one amazing specimen. That was one of the things that aggravated her so much, but she could see the stress from worrying that marred his brow. The dark circles under his eyes that indicated lack of sleep. Her heart fluttered, she needed to protect him. No matter what, she'd find some way to keep him safe. Jacob opened his eyes and caught her staring at him. Any other time, he'd crack a joke, but not now. Too much was going on, and he needed her now more than ever. Right now, she was his life line. He would go along with any plan she came up with to get home.

*****

District Attorney Chase White looked at his case. He too felt that Jacob acted in self defense, but he feared racial backlash from the black community. He was the first black DA elected to this office and everyone was proud.

Chase was a newcomer to the small rural town. Being from the city, he knew he'd have to make adjustments to living in such a small area, but the people made him feel so welcome. At first he was surprised at the camaraderie amongst the people here. He came in with the notion that the town would be more racially and culturally divided, but he was wrong. The people in this town supported each other and race was not an issue. The town's make up was mostly Native American, and a mixture of Caucasian and African American members.

He wasn't so worried about the townsfolk in this case, but the perception of the rest of the world. He'd seen it so many times before. Something like this happened and if it got out, every civil rights group from Able to Zane would come out in protest.

Chase remembered meeting Jerome. It was last year at the town's annual Christmas party. He was talking with Lionel and trying to find a way to escape him when this tall black guy and some of his group members walked in. Everyone hushed. Jerome walked right over to him and Lionel and introduced himself.

Being ever gracious, Chase greeted him, but could not shake the feeling of discomfort that followed. He felt the same when he looked at the banker, Lionel. It was something wrong with those two men. He shuddered at the memory and the reflected on Jacob. He'd spoken with Jacob several times, and in his honest opinion, this guy was not a murderer. There was no way he'd go for Murder one, because he instinctively believed whatever Jacob had done was in self-defense. He'd talked to Tasha, and he didn't believe her story. She was scared. He knew this but he'd wait and try to get the truth from her. Chase sighed. He hoped that this issue could be resolved soon because he, like so many others, didn't want to send a man to prison for defending himself.

Chase thought about the black community in this small town. They welcomed him, and he appreciated it. Being the only child of a single Mom, he loved the sense of community and togetherness he felt here in this small town. This was home now, and he'd do whatever it took to make sure justice was served, even if it meant sending a beloved community member to prison. He prayed that it didn't get that far.

The initial hearing for bail was scheduled at one right after lunch. Chase knew he'd hear from Sunnet before appearing in court to discuss what charges he planned to level. Maybe they could strike up some sort of deal. He sat in his office contemplating when Pastor Frank Henry stopped by to see him. Never one to disrespect an elder, he invited him in and listened.

"Son, this will be your toughest challenge. You have to argue the law. We both know that Jerome was a disgusting pig. He was a rotten scourge in our community. The thing is, if one of our boys had killed him, they'd go straight to jail for murder. No questions asked, and no real defense needed. They would be seen as thugs just like him, and no one would even be upset. He made his choices son. He was wrong." Pastor Henry took a deep breath. He faced the young attorney sitting at the desk before him. He continued, "I have lived here for my entire life. I was young when I moved here. The people here have their issues son, but being racist isn't one of them. Everyone in this town knows that Jerome is not as innocent as some would have you believe, but then again Jacob did kill him. In that thought he is a murderer. I don't know what happened, but I know the truth will come out. You have to listen to all sides son and not let anyone influence you, even me. You already know the truth, so do what you know is right. No matter how you handle this, we will support you." Pastor Henry concluded.

Chase stood and shook Pastor's Henry hand, accepting the pastor's sage advice. Pastor Henry stood. He wanted to talk with Raymond and Seth's family and they would go to the hospital to pray. He left and Chase contemplated some more.

Every since Jacob was arrested, his office had calls coming in from several groups that fought against racial discrimination in any form. He answered each a call, and explained that the situation would be judged on basis of the law, not race. The groups thanked him for his answer and then informed him that they would be sending representatives to make sure Jerome got justice. For some reason, the pastor's words comforted him. He knew this would be an uphill battle, but for once he wasn't fighting alone. The people here would stand with him.

His phone rang once more. It was a caller from an activist group. Not ever to be rude, Chase answered and explained his stance. This case would be handled by the merits of the law. The gentleman who introduced himself as Reverend Xavier Smith spoke candidly to the young lawyer.

"Listen son," an older gentleman explained to him. "I am not racist. I love everyone, but in this country if you are black you are assumed guilty before innocent. From what I was told, this man killed one man and put two in the hospital. The thing is if he were black, we'd stay out of it. But he is white and we cannot sit here and let them keep getting away with killing young black men. Think about it, if it was a black guy that hurt two white boys and killed a white man, would he get a slap on the wrist? So, you do your job, and we will be there to do ours." He surmised.

Chase was now flustered. He suspected this would happen and now it seemed that the town would have activist descending before noon. He had to talk to Tasha. If she recanted and told the truth, it would go a long way in alleviating tensions. However, her insistence that Jacob was just a hateful killer fueled the fire. A racial powder keg was about to explode and he had to find a way to diffuse it. Maybe Raymond or Seth would awake and they could help clear up this mess. Either way, he needed to get a handle on things, and he had to do so now.

Meanwhile, Sunnet talked with Jacob. He had calmed enough to explain that the den was under attack and he feared the worse. She couldn't fix that situation, but she could try to get him out so he could go home. She spoke, "Jacob, be calm. I will do everything I can to get you out so you can go home. I won't promise a miracle, but I'll do the best I can." She grasped his hand. He covered her hand with his and held it against his cheek. Her scent soothed his beast, and he knew she'd fight for him.

"Thank you Sunnet. Thank you." He whispered. He spoke so low that she was worried. Out of all the time that she had known Jacob Kingsley, he never seemed so depressed. She had to get him out of here and back to his family.

"I'll be back, OK. Stay calm." She pleaded, fighting the urge to just hug him close. She needed to hold him, but that was inappropriate and highly unusual. She needed to talk with Chase. This man was not a murderer.

As she exited the precinct her phone rang. Her boss was calling because he'd just received notice of the extended leave she had requested. She took a moment to explain what happened and he didn't like it. However, Sunnet was one of the best members of his team. If she took on this case then she had a reason to. She assured her boss that she'd be back and could tell he wanted to say something else. She waited and finally he spoke. "This case, this guy, is he just a client, or do I need to be worried?" he asked.

Sunnet was stunned. At first, she didn't understand the nature of this question and then she realized that it was personal. She answered as honestly as she could, "He's a friend."

The voice on the other end paused. "I'm joining you. I'll be there within the hour." He explained. Before Sunnet could reply, he hung up. Not willing to focus on her strange boss any longer, Sunnet called Chase and he agreed to see her immediately.

*****

Marcus and Ja'Mal fought with every ounce of strength they had within them. Lionel seemed unstoppable. Several wolves were injured, some killed even. Ja'Mal ordered that the injured wolves be taken to the medical center. Healers were there and they treated them immediately. He looked around; so many members of his pack had fallen, but as many were still fighting.

Lionel was unstoppable. The wounds they inflicted healed instantly. He was superhuman strength, and they were weakening by the second. It was at this point Logan and Marcus attacked the demon simultaneously. Several others wolves joined, all were bloodied and Ja'Mal knew he had to end this.

Love, let me join you. We can defeat him bout we must unite. Kerri sent.

No, stay hidden. If I say run, get out. Ja'Mal replied.

Ja'Mal. Take my strength. Absorb the power of the Wapjanli. She will help destroy the demon. she insisted.

Out of options Jamal asked one question. HOW?

Close your eyes, I'm coming. Kerri whispered. Lionel saw Ja'Mal entered into a trance and he knew he was allowing the wapjanli to help. He had to kill him now. As he lunged for Jamal, Logan pounced, knocking him sideways, diverting him from his target. It was then that Marcus too joined in covering the monster fighting viciously. With a swipe of his arm, his claws rent into Logan's side slicing him open, he yelped and went down. The blow was fatal and Marcus attacked even more.

Jamal stood snarling at the creature before him, and Wapjanli spoke. "You pathetic creature, you will die today, and the sad thing is no one will even miss you."

Jamal approached T'chumekia slowly, stalking his prey. Tossing Marcus aside, the demon faced the one thing he hated more that living. He faced the Wapjanli. Marcus rushed to Logan and along with the help of some other warriors they rushed him to the triage until at the medical center. He was so weak, lost so much blood. His wound was devastating. The medics worked on him as best they could, but they feared he would not make it.

Meanwhile, Jamal ordered the pack members to stand down this was the end. Either Lionel would die or he would, but as far as he was concerned this was over.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers