Werewolves and Indians Ch. 10

Story Info
Jacob goes to court; Logan wakes up.
10k words
4.75
14k
18

Part 10 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 09/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

Welcome,

In this chapter some important things happen. Logan and Betty mate. Jacob goes to trial. Jacob and Sunnet discover some truths. The story continues.

In chapter 9, I know I said there was one more chapter. However, I must rescind that statement. Chapter 10 is not the final chapter in this story. I hope you enjoy the story and please vote and share your thoughts.

All characters in this story are above the age of consent.

Happy reading. IR2R

*****

"You are not getting out of that bed, Logan Kingsley. Don't you dare move; not until Vivienne has cleared you." Betty ordered her disgruntled mate.

Logan lay back and frowned at her. He needed to get up. He needed to check on his pack mates. He had to make sure they were alright. "Betty, baby, I am fine. I can get up now." He insisted. Before Betty could reply, Marcus and Patricia walked in.

"Hell no, don't you dare move. The pack is doing fine. I won't lie to you; we lost some members, but we'll recover." Marcus explained. His explanation calmed Logan's beast. Then Betty took his hand and kissed it. His heart fluttered. This woman, this amazing woman, was the one he struggled to come back to. He remembered his dream, remembered Carl. He would tell her what he said when they were alone.

Betty looked at him, smiling, tears swimming in her eyes. "Baby, I'm here. I'm OK now." He whispered, reaching to catch a tear that escaped.

Soon more visitors arrived, and entered. Jamal, Larry, and Kerri walked in. Kerri rushed over and hugged her fallen pack member. Logan returned the embrace, and was thankful that they were OK.

Someone cleared their throat and everyone looked up to see Vivienne standing there smiling. "Hey, I need to check my patient. You all can wait in the waiting room." She told his guest. Everyone left, leaving Logan with the doctor. Betty stood to leave, but Logan held in to her and. Vivienne smiled, there would be a new mating tonight, she was sure of it.

"Well, Logan. How are you feeling?" she asked. She knew he wanted out and he was healed so she had no reason to keep him any longer.

"I'm great Vivienne. Can I go home now, please?" Logan asked.

Vivienne smiled, "Well let's see. We've run test and you seem to have completely recovered from the poison. Your wounds have healed. You do need to eat more protein, but I see no reason to keep you here."

Logan was ecstatic as was Betty. "Yes, I can go home."

"I still want you back in my office in a week to follow up. If you have any discomfort, come back, ok." Vivienne stated.

Logan agreed. Honestly to get out of this hospital room he would agree to anything. "Ok, As soon as I sign your release papers, you can go." She explained.

Betty sighed, He was coming home. The last few weeks were pure torture. Then three days ago, he opened his eyes and called her name. She had never heard a voice so sweet.

"Betty, hey beautiful" he whispered,

She cried and called for the nurses, doctors, everyone.

Ja'Mal, he woke up. Logan woke up she cried. Marcus and Ja'Mal rushed to the medical center. Their mates were with them. The injured wolves were fine. Logan was the last to awake. Each man hugged their fallen brother. Jacob hugged him longer that the other two because he felt it was his fault that Logan was hurt. If he had not distracted Jamal and Marcus, they could have been there to help him fight Lionel.

"No, Jacob, what happened is over; do not blame yourself. Logan sent

Jacob sat beside his brother, his cousin, and best friend. He accepted his absolution because he knew Logan would not tolerate self-hate from him. He told Logan about his charges and Logan was furious on his behalf.

Logan was humbled, because his family stayed with him. He knew his pack mates cared about him. So he was not surprised that they visited him, but the wealth of love that they showered on him, even when he was unresponsive, was too much for words. Marcus and Patricia stopped by every day, as did Larry. Ja'Mal was constantly checking on him. Betty stayed. She was there every day, every hour. He loved this woman and he would do his best to make sure she always knew that.

The first few hours after he woke up, they tried to keep what was going on with Jacob from surfacing. But Logan could feel the tension and sense Jacob was troubled through their bonds. Jacob, what are you keeping from me? he sent s Kerri and Patricia talked trying to distract him.

Jacob replied, Nothing, don't worry. You just get well,

Logan didn't like his answer so he asked. "You all are hiding something from me. What is going on with Jacob?" he demanded. The men looked around and Jacob decided to just tell Logan the truth. They talked about the charges against Jacob, and decided that they would each go with him in support. Marcus would go with him first, and the next day, Jamal would go. Larry even volunteered and it was agreed that depending on what Vivienne said, Logan would take a day to go as well. Logan was relieved, because no matter what the good doctor said, he was sitting behind his friend at least one day this week. As soon as he was released, he too was accompanying Jacob.

The trial was a week away, and Jacob was nervous. Even though he put on a brave face, his pack mates knew he was worried. They would often send him love and support letting him know he was not alone. Jacob stopped by the medical center, because he wanted to be there when Logan was released. He could not stay long because, he had to meet with Sunnet and prepare for trial. Two weeks ago, she explained to him Chase's offer, and she advised him not to take it. This was a clear case if self defense and she believed they could prove it.

Jacob had gone to town. Ja'Mal and Kerri stayed with Betty. After a while, the nurse came back with Logan's dismissal papers and instructions. She reminded him to come back if he felt any discomfort. Ja'Mal drove them back to Logan's townhouse. Betty took charge. Before Logan could protest, Betty directed him to the sofa. She ordered him to lay back and to let her take care of him. Ja'Mal smiled and left Logan to his mother's care.

Betty was flitting around, grabbing a blanket, pillows, she even grabbed the remote. She asked if he needed water. She was determined to make sure he had everything he needed, that he was comfortable.

Logan reclined on the sofa and watched her. She was moving too much, too fast. She needed to calm down. On one of the passes, he grabbed her hand. Betty stopped. Logan pulled her to sit next to him. Instantly he engulfed her in his embrace. She sighed, and he realized that this was all he needed. "Betty I love you. You mean the world to me. I'm just glad we stopped him. I couldn't let him get to you."

His chest was wet, and she sobbed. "I almost lost you Logan. You almost left me. I would have died if you had gone. You are my heart, my life. Promise me you will never leave me." Betty pleaded.

"I can't promise that, but I can promise that I will love you and protect you for as long as I live." Logan swore.

Betty hugged him, and cried softly. He wept silently as her pain wracked her body causing her to tremble in his arms. He held her close, surrounding her with his love. Logan closed his eyes and he felt her fear. She was exhausted; it was obvious that the past few weeks had taken its toll on her. On the outside, Betty had it together, but inside, she was shattered.

"Shhhh baby, I love you. I never planned to leave you." She stiffened. "Listen, when I was out, I met Carl. Baby, he loved you as much as a man could and he has watched over you and Ja'Mal all of this time. He never meant to leave you, and he asked me to tell you that. He can finally rest, because I am here now." Betty gasped. Why was Logan telling her this?

"Betty, mate with me tonight. We have waited long enough. I don't want to spend another moment of my life not mated with you." Logan whispered. She looked into his eyes and he lay before her bare. He was hers and she was ready to claim her male.

"Yes, yes, Logan I love you." She answered kissing him.

At that moment, someone knocked and their moment was interrupted. Groaning and wishing ill on their pack member, Betty untangled herself from her mate and answered the door. Some of the pack members stopped by to see their beta, and she let them in. Betty started to leave them alone when Logan called to her and had her sit with him. Their guest was elated, and Betty was more than a welcomed member of their family.

*****

It was time to go to court. Sunnet asked Jacob to stay in town the week if the trial to avoid anything causing him to report in late. They needed to be prepared for all contingencies. Chief Joe smiled. Jacob was finally in town, maybe Sunnet would realize the truth.

Arrangements had been made for Jacob to stay with Keamon. Isla had gone to the city for school, even though she started not to go. Keamon would not let her ruin this chance she had at a better life. Oman even insisted. The males were not reaching her, and her best friend Kerri asked her to go for her, for other girls in their small community that needed to know there was more out there for them. So, Oman and Keamon drove Isla to the university. Keamon was so proud of his granddaughter and grandson. There people would thrive with young leaders like them.

Jacob would stay in her room. He was grateful, and thanked Keamon profusely. Keamon demanded that he stop. In his heart they were family and he'd stand with him through his trials. Besides, Oman was excited to have the older male stay.

Jacob was happy. If he was in town, then he was closer to her. Sunnet was often so cool and calm. It was time he made her notice him. It was time for her to be with him.

As she sat and ate breakfast with her father, she became even more annoyed with herself. Last night, she couldn't sleep. All she could think about was Jacob. He was her client, and she was concerned about him, but did she really have to imagine him naked? Did she have to wonder if his hair was a soft as it looked? Was all of his hair the same russet color? Thinking about his body hair reignited her naughty thoughts from the night before. Why was she wondering if his lips were soft or firm? She sighed drawing the attention of her father. Chief Joe laughed. He recalled her coming home over a week ago with questions about the situation with Daniel.

"Poppa, something happened today." Sunnet stated at dinner that night.

He stopped eating and waited. "Daniel kissed me today." Sunnet started.

Chief Joe placed his silverware down. He waited. "It was strange. I'm not sure what to think about it." She explained.

Joe smiled. "Tell me, do you like Daniel? Is he someone you want to date? Is he man you can see yourself marrying, having kids with, or growing old with?" He asked.

Sunnet stopped. She had to be honest with herself. Daniel was handsome, but he was her boss, her friend. Even though he kissed her, she felt nothing for him. It happened and she had to address it. She needed to talk with him. She had to tell him the truth. She liked him as a friend, nothing more. She didn't understand why he became so enamored with her in the first place. It was like, he saw her with Jacob, and went all male on her.

Joe listened. Sunnet talked and had no idea that she was already taken. When she mentioned Jacob, her voice softened and she relaxed. She had no clue that he was her soul mate. For a woman who was obviously so gifted, how could she be clueless when it came to matters if the heart. She's just like her mother. She didn't see me until she thought I'd chosen someone else. My sweet stubborn girl needs to open her eyes, he mused. His daughter needed to get her head out if her books for once and look around her. At the rate she was going, he'd never have any grandkids. He was certain that after this trial ended, Jacob would reveal himself before she could return to the city.

This morning Sunnet was nervous. Jacob was meeting her at her office at eight. They would appear in court at ten. He had entered a plea of not guilty and she had two weeks to prepare his defense. That was one thing she liked about their small town. It didn't take months for things to go to trial. They moved quickly.

Chief Joe made breakfast for them as his daughter rushed in. He realized he missed having her home. She had lived in the city for over five years now. She moved right after Serene passed. Although Sunnet and her mother were complete opposites, no two were closer. When Serene passed away right after Sunnet graduated. Sunnet shut down, her mother's death devastated her. Gone was the laughter of a beautiful girl and in her place was a girl so withdrawn. She even refused to go to college, but that was the one thing Serene wanted for her. She withdrew inside of herself and became too serious. Losing her mother changed something inside of her.

Joe recalled making her go to college. She went and excelled. Then she graduated a year early and went to law school. Visits home stopped. This visit was her first visit home in over a decade. He found out that his doctor called and for that he was grateful . This visit was only for two weeks, but then Jacob was arrested. He asked her to help him. She went straight to the precinct.

Chief Joe had always suspected that Jacob was her mate, even when she was younger. He was good friends with Marcus. He didn't visit as much as Keamon, but they often hang out. One day, they came to town and he was having lunch with Sunnet, Keamon came over with the guys and they spoke. Jacob saw Sunnet and he was quiet, too quiet. She was instantly annoyed and promptly excused herself. Jacob watched her walk away as he wore a sly grin.

He never approached her but he would always smile and say things to annoy her. It was at her twenty-first birthday party that Jacob let his interest be known. For three years, he watched her. Joe had even spoken to him, and he apologized for leering, but he believed she was his mate. Sunnet was going to law school and she had no interest in dating a man that had strong ties t the small town she grew up in. Jacob let her go, but she was his other half.

Joe smiled at the memory, and even now he was happy that his daughter would be with someone that was willing to die for her if necessary. Jacob Kingsley was welcomed in to his family. Chief Joe smiled. His sweet unsuspecting daughter did realize it, but this case was more personal than she thought.

"Daddy, why are you smiling like that?" Sunnet asked her father.

Chief Joe chuckled, "Nothing dear. I was thinking about Serene and when we first met. You know she threw a cantaloupe at me and I knew it was true love." Sunnet laughed. She loved that story, but now she didn't have time to listen to it.

She missed Momma, and even after all this time thinking about her hurt. She wanted to make her proud so she did everything she promised momma that she would do. Well almost everything. She had not found a man to love and start a family with. She thought of Daniel, but he left her cold. Then for some reason, she thought of Jacob. He was big burly, like a teddy bear. His wild red hair and beard looked so soft.

His eyes twinkled when he laughed and sometimes the way he looked at her made her heart beat faster. No, no. He is a client. I have to defend him and that is all. I am not looking for a husband. Besides, Jacob Kingsley can have any woman he wants. I'm his defense attorney and that's all. Sunnet reminded herself.

Glancing at her watch she noticed the time, "Darn it. Daddy. I have to go. Jacob is meeting me at the office at eight. I have ten minutes to get there. She explained as she raced out of the house. Hoping into her small sedan, she drove the few blocks to the DA's office. Jacob was there sitting n the steps. He looked different. Sunnet parked and walked over. She stood, gone was the wild unruly licks, he was clean shaven, and dressed in a charcoal grey suit.

She always thought this man was handsome, but standing before her now was a warrior god in the flesh. Her heart raced, she almost forgot how to breathe. And then he smiled. Her body thrummed, and she was instantly on fire for him.

Clearing her throat, Sunnet spoke. "Jacob, thank you for coming in so promptly. Please, let's go to my office."

"Good morning, Sunnet. You look lovely." He replied. Jacob's heart pounded. He could tell from her reaction that she liked what she saw. Our mate, we please her Jacob. Now we must tell her she's ours so that she can come home with us. his animal insisted.

Patience my friend. Right now she is defending us in court. We will tell her before she tries to leave us again. His answer satisfied his beast that once more became dormant.

Sunnet opened her office and motioned for Jacob to sit. "So, were you able to make arrangements to stay in town this week?" she asked.

"Yes, Keamon is letting me stay with him. Also, members of my family will drive in each day for the trial. Will that be a problem?" he asked.

"No, I wish they all could come. The more people sitting behind you, the better. But hopefully, we can end this today. As I explained earlier, this will be a bench trial. The judge is basically going to determine if the prosecution had enough evidence to go to court. We won't be able to counter, but if I can discredit his witnesses, then it will go in our favor. I don't plan to let you speak. But if the judge insists, then be honest. Answer as truthfully as you can.

If the judge decides its insufficient evidence, they will have to drop the charges against you. If he decides to let it go to trial, I will do everything in my power to have them find you innocent." She explained.

Jacob listened. "Is the offer still on the table?"

Sunnet nodded, "Yes, but..."

"Sunnet, I won't go to jail if I take the offer right?" he asked. She was hurt.

"Jacob, do you think I cannot defend you?" she asked.

"There is no one else I would trust my life with. Sunnet, I know you will defend me with everything you have in you, but my family needs me at home." Jacob explained solemnly.

Sunnet walked over and stooped beside his chair. The fragrance of her cologne teased his nostrils. He wanted this woman, but right now he was not prepared to make a claim. Hus future depended on what a judge decided. He knew she would fight for him. He also knew why, but was certain she had no clue.

"Look, Jacob. You are innocent. You were fighting for your life. Jerome was not an innocent victim, you were." She exhaled. "I will win this case Jacob, I just need you to trust me."

Jacob smiled, and her heart beat like a thousand drums beneath her breast. What was it about this man that made her react so? Since when was eighteen years old, something about this man called to her.

She was eighteen years old and it was prom time. They'd just learned that Mom was dying from stage four cancer. She was not lucid often, but she was watching television when a local commercial played announcing gowns and formal wear.

"Sunny, you are going to the prom, right?" Serene asked, her voice weak.

Sunnet, moved to her side. Her mom was sitting in her favorite pink and black recliner. Dad bought it from a local store for her years ago. She sat in it every day. So Sunnet tried to explain she was not going, because the dance was not that important to her. That was true, but her family was already struggling. Dad worked and even she had a part-time job to help out. There was no money available to waste on a dress; besides no one asked her to go anyway.

Serene smiled, "My sweet girl, let's get you a dress. " She stood, and Sunnet wanted to refuse, but it was so rare that her mother wanted to go out.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers