Werewolves and Indians Ch. 12

Story Info
Time moves on.
7.8k words
4.76
14.1k
17

Part 12 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 09/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers

Welcome,

Sunnet goes back to the city. Kerri and Ja'Mal make an announcement. Several potential mothers are found. Daniel accepts that Sunnet is with Jacob. Sad news in the den.

All characters in this story are above the age of consent.

Happy reading. IR2R

*****

Sunnet had been back in the office for over four months. When she returned to work, everything seemed normal. She and Daniel had a great working relationship before and it seemed that nothing had changed. However, after meeting with Daniel and explaining that at the end of her contract with his firm she was not going to renew. He changed.

The change wasn't blatant, but unseen. At first she thought she was imagining things, and then it became more obvious. It became so obvious that one of the executive assistants decided to see if everything was alright.

Daniel was a handsome man, and he could be charming when he chose too. He would come in and flash his irresistible smile and the ladies responded in kind. However, though he often smiled and was pleasant with everyone else, he was even more reserved and cool toward Sunnet. He even started seeing women who were affiliated with his father's office. They would stop by and Sunnet was concerned for her friend. He never dated anyone from the office, but that didn't mean that the women didn't go after him. Or that they couldn't look.

Sunnet had two more months. Her contract ended and she could go home to Jacob. She smiled and her coworkers noticed. "Thinking about that gorgeous man again. Girl, where did you find him?" one woman asked.

"At home, anyway. I'm supposed to be working and I need to focus." On that note, Sunnet and her paralegals went to work on their new case.

Daniel was in his office. She was leaving him for good in two months. She gave him the friend speech, and he tried to accept it. Friends! What a load of bullshit! He stayed away from Sunnet. He was polite but distant.

His parent's anniversary dinner was in two nights. His mother insisted that he invite Sunnet. He was hesitant, and decided to simply invite one of the women he dated. Mother would be furious. She liked Sunnet and was hoping that maybe... Daniel didn't want to discuss his personal life, so he told his mothers that if she wanted Sunnet at the dinner simply invite her. He would bring any guest that he chose to all functions from now on.

His sister, Emily, was the family snoop. The next day, she arrived at his office snooping. She learned that Sunnet was involved with a man from her hometown and was actually leaving in a few months. She and the man were getting married.

She went straight to Sunnet's office.

"You sneaky little witch." Emily teased. "You have a man back home. When do we get to meet him? No wonder Danny has been all out if sorts." She added as she greeted Sunnet. Both women embraced, and Sunnet laughed.

"Well I like to keep my private life private, if you don't mind Emily. Yes, I have a fiancé, and it's wonderful. " she replied.

"Look, lunch is on me. You have to tell me about him." Emily insisted.

Sunnet finished and had lunch with Daniel's younger sister. Emily and Daniel were like day and night. Where Daniel had a lighter coloring, he was often reserved and too serious. Emily had a darker complexion. She was outgoing, bubbly, and made friends easily. She was more like their mother while Daniel and his three brothers were more like their Dad. Except for Brett, he was outgoing like Emily.

"His name is Jacob. He has visited a few times. I just haven't brought him to the office." Sunnet explained. She neglected to add that Jacob didn't trust Daniel and she was afraid that if he felt Daniel erred in the slightest, he'd be ready to fight. They had seen each other a few times since she returned to the firm. Last week when she visited, he almost lost control of his wolf. They had dinner at the compound and were spending the night at the den. He asked about Daniel. And Sunnet questioned him. "Do you trust me, Jacob?" Sunnet asked. Each time they were together, his jealousy of Daniel ruined their time together.

Jacob walked away from her. He needed to find the right words. Each time she drove back, it ripped him apart. When she came home or when he went there, his heart sang. He loved being with her. He knew Daniel still wanted her. Sunnet told him Daniel rarely talked to her. He treated her with respect at all times. There was never a moment when they were alone together. He answer caused him to become even more concerned. He knew what Daniel was doing.

He spent ten years distracting himself when she left. Daniel was doing everything he could to not cross a line where she was concerned, and Sunnet didn't seem to know that. "We are mates. You are my other half. I know you have to honor your contract with him. The thing is from what you have told me, he is doing everything in his power to not cross a line with you. My wolf tells me that is dangerous. The longer you are there, the more the chances are that he will not be able to keep himself under control. I know it may sound silly, but I don't trust him. I don't trust any man that is around you. You are mine Sunnet. My wolf sees him as a threat." He knew Daniel wanted her, and until they mated, he'd always be unreasonable.

Sunnet spent that weekend satisfying her mate in every possible way. Jacob had nothing to worry or wonder about. She belonged to him. She smiled, as Emily gaped at her. "Sunnet, I want to meet this guy. He is coming here this weekend, right she queried.

"Yes, he'll be here Friday. I'm taking Friday and Monday off so we can spend time together." She explained. Her lunch hour was ending soon.

Emily laughed. "I'm telling Mom and Dad that you will be at the dinner and bring the future Mr. Dreamfeather with you." The waitress bought their checks and the women paid for their meal. Soon, Sunnet was back at the office. She walked past Daniel's office and decided to just peek in.

"Hey, I had lunch with Emily. She invited Jacob and I to dinner. Would that be a problem for you?" she asked.

Daniel never looked up. "It's fine. Mother was upset that you missed the anniversary party. So I'm sure they would love to see you at their party." He answered deciding that if Jacob would be there, then he would not.

"Daniel, would it be a problem for you?" Sunnet insisted.

Daniel took a deep breath. Thus woman got to him, but she had chosen someone else. She was honest with him, so he had to be honest with her. "Close the door, please. No one else needs to hear this." Daniel explained.

"Sunnet, you asked me to back off. You said that you were not interested in more than being friends with me. You chose him. I am trying to respect that but it's not easy. I won't lie. I want you Sunnet. I don't know when it began, I just know that I do." He exhaled. "I have no problem with you attending anything my family invites you to. I won't tell you to hide from them. You are with Jacob and I know they will want to meet him. My attraction to you is my interest. It's obvious you don't see me... see me as more than a friend or coworker. So please, go and take Jacob with you. I will be fine." Daniel concluded.

Sunnet stood. "Daniel..."

Daniel stopped her. "Don't pity me. I'm fine."

"OK, I just wish..." Sunnet stopped. Maybe Jacob had some valid concerns. She had two more months, and she'd do her best not to agitate Daniel anymore than he already was. She looked at their friend and then returned to her office.

Sunnet finished her work day and called her father as soon as her day ended. Since her visit home, she spent extra time checking on her dad.

*****

Joe was glad to speak with his daughter. She called home often but until recently, she did not really visit much. Joe knew Jacob was driving to spend the weekend with his daughter, and he was happy. In two months, Sunnet would come home. But Chief Joe was worried. What if she missed life in the city. Was Jacob willing to leave his pack and go with her.

Jacob was at the den, loading his truck for the drive to the city. He was leaving tonight and should arrive at Sunnet's home early enough to treat her to breakfast.

As he was loading his truck, Kerri walked over. Jacob looked at his young Madam alpha and smiled. She positively glowed. The Kingsley pack was multiplying. In seven months, Ja'Mal and Kerrie would welcome their first child.

"Jacob, drive carefully ok; call when you get to Sunnet's." She suggested.

Jacob smiled and hugged Kerrie. "I will and I'll be back in a few days. You, young lady take care of my new alpha and my new little niece."

Kerri laughed as Marcus came over. Ja'Mal was speaking with some other alphas and wasn't able to see Jacob off. "Man, I can't wait until Sunnet comes back and you two mate. Man there is nothing like it." Marcus informed him.

Jacob laughed and soon drove off. In a few hours he would be with Sunnet.

Ja'Mal spent hours talking with alphas from surrounding packs. He was soliciting help in searching for Leona. The alpha he talked to agreed allow Jacob permission to enter their territory. He then called the private investigator that he hired to find Leona. The investigator called while he was on the phone with the other alphas.

They still had no clue who could have given birth to Lionel's child. They talked to the women that Daniels dated in town and all of them said the same thing. Lionel never wanted kids. Then Jacob remembered the girl from outside the diner. Kerri gave him her name and that she left town.

Jamal gave her name to the private investigator. He hoped they found out something. It had only been one month since he hired the detective agency, and so far things seemed promising.

Ja'Mal dialed as Kerri entered his office. He smiled at his mate, sending her a mental hug and a kiss to her and their daughter. He was insistent that the baby would be a girl. He had already decided her name would be Layla.

"Hello, Is Mr. Ridge available?" he asked the receptionist. She put him on hold and called the detective. Ridge answered and gave Ja'Mal a quick report. He had found four women that had affairs with Lionel over the past year or so. His agents was meeting with the women and if they could not prove paternity, they would ask that they consent to a paternity. Lionel was missing, so the detectives used dank markers found in hair follicles from his hair brush.

If the paternity test was valid for at least 80%, more than likely it was Lionel's child. Ja'Mal thanked the detective and asked him to please keep him updated. Then he hang up as his mate flowed into his arm.

"The detective had some news?" Kerri asked.

"Yes, he found four women that might have a child with Lionel. His team is approaching them for DNA testing. " Ja'Mal explained as he kissed her. "Enough about that, How are you and Layla?"

Keri shoved him. "Ja'Mal it could be a boy and we are fine. We walked over to wish Jacob a safe drive." She explained.

Ja'Mal smiled. He was happy. His pack was doing fine. He and Kerri were expecting and everyone was excited. He smiled as he recalled how they decided to announce the pregnancy to their close family members.

The pack was gathering for a run and Kerri refused to shift. He wasn't running either. Larry became suspicious. He walked over to his daughter and kneeled before her, pressing his ear to her abdomen. Ja'Mal began to protest and he ordered him to hush. Larry broke out in the biggest grin as Betty looked on.

"A grand pup, you're giving me a grand pup." Larry chanted. Momma jumped up and cheered. She and Larry were so happy. Logan stood and pulled his mate close and held her tightly as she cried. Jamal and Kerri held each other and finally announced just to their family that they were expecting a pup.

"So, have you taken your vitamins?" Ja'Mal asked.

"Look, between you, Daddy, Logan, and Betty. This will be the healthiest baby ever born." Kerri complained but she loved the attention. She wished Betty and Patricia would get pregnant soon so they could share this experience together. She was not the only pregnant were. Several theta and omegas were also expecting.

Ja'Mal was happy, but he still had a small fear. His daughter would be a dark were. She would be different. She would not be alone like he was, but he had to teach her. He had to teach her like his father taught him. Layla would be beautiful, especially if she looked like her mother. Their next child had to be a boy though. One girl was enough. He decided.

*****

Dina Tallwinds was at work when a well dressed woman asked to speak with her. It was almost time for her to go and she had to pick up her daughter from her sister's house.

Last year when she arrived, she stayed with her sister for a while. Her sister helped her sign up for assistance and then helped her find an apartment. Dina had one problem, she refused to stay on welfare, so she worked and trained to become a laboratory technician. She was taking her final classes and she even had possible jobs lined up.

She had been on her own for months. Her sister helped as much as she could, but Dina was determined to take care of her daughter. Leona was eleven months old. She was a smart little girl and beautiful. She looked like her, but she did inherit her daddy's dark eyes. Leona was her life. She knew Lionel never wanted kids, so she'd never told him he was a father. She cared for Lionel, but something wasn't quite right about him. Her daughter deserved better. Her boss told a woman was there to speak with her, and Dina told her she didn't have much time. Her boss gave her permission and said she'd cover for her. Then she led her into the break room where they could talk.

"Ms. Tallwinds, I work with The Bryans Detective Agency. We were hired to find women that had a relationship with Lionel James." She explained.

Dina froze. Had Lionel learned of her daughter? She never said anything because he was more than clear after her last encounter with him. She'd never forget how he dismissed her. Then his laughter. Dina shuddered.

"Look Ms..." the lady spoke.

"Sorry, I'm Regina Carson. As I was saying Ms Tallwinds. We were hired to find Lionel James's child."

Dina stopped her. "Leona is my daughter. She has nothing to do with Lionel, and we want nothing from him."

"Dina, may I call you Dina?" The lady asked.

"Sure, now tell me what you want with me?" Dina demanded.

"Lionel is gone. He parked his cars and we assume he walked away. No one has seen or heard from him in months. Since his disappearance, the local PD is in search of any possible relatives he may have. Your daughter stands to inherit a substantial amount if we can prove Lionel is her father." Ms. Carson explained.

"Did the sheriff hire you? Did he send you here?" Dina asked.

"No, and I am not authorized to tell you who hired the company. I must assure you that you and the baby are not in danger." Ms. Carson explained.

Dina stood, "Look Ms, Carson, I need to finish my shift. As far as everyone is concerned, Lionel does not have a child. I want to leave it at that."

Dina went back to work and Regina called her boss. "I found her, I found Lionel's daughter" she stated excitedly.

Ridge was happy. He'd call Ja'Mal and share the news. He was on a job and had to finish it first.

*****

Ja'Mal was home and talking with Jacob who had just arrived in the city. He was headed to Sunnet's apartment; when he decided to swing buy her office instead. That way he could see her workspace and check up on Daniel. The city was crowded and he had a hard time parking his big truck. He made it here quicker than usual, but hey he was happy.

He walked into a swanky building and headed to Daniel Graces, Esquire. He approached the receptionist who gaped at him with an open mouth. Jacob waited and then he smiled, his eyes twinkling. He was sure he looked decent; heck he even shaped up his beard.

"Um sir, may I help you?" the girl asked.

He read her name tag and said, "Hi Trish, Is Sunnet Dreamfeather at work this evening?

"Um, yes, may I ask whose looking for her?" She queried.

"Jacob Kingsley." he answered and a woman in the office dropped her cup and took off. Within seconds, women were swarming the office. The receptionist was stunned, and then she remembered, and buzzed Sunnet's office. While she was buzzing the office someone was calling Emily.

Emily was at the spa with her mother when her phone rang. "Hello"

"Jacob is here." a voice replied.

"Momma, we have to go the Daniel's office. Sunnet's fiancé is there." She explained as she herded her mother from the salon. She called both of her sister-in-laws and they were heading there too. Soon she was parking and heading into her brother's office.

Daniel was meeting with a client when his brother Peter called. "Um why is my wife rushing to your office?" Before he could answer, a text came in and he noticed that his assistant had abandoned her post. He looked at Sunnet who was also puzzled.

At that moment, Trish buzzed in, "I'm sorry for interrupting, but Ms. Dreamfeather , a Jacob Kingsley is here to see you."

Sunnet remained calm and smiled, "Thank you Trish, will you take him to my office, please?" she replied and was answered with a resounding, "We'll keep him company."

"Well, it seems as if your entire female staff has gone to help your young man, Ms. Dreamfeather. Let's go rescue him." The older gentleman suggested. Daniel simply sat down. Sunnet walked out leaving his wife with Daniel.

"He's the competition, I see?" She asked.

"No, he's the winner. He makes her happy in ways I never could. I'll get over it, but until then I'm focusing on work." Daniel replied.

"You know I was not Gordon's first choice either. He was in love with my older sister. He made a plum fool of himself. I was so mad at her for hurting him that I didn't speak to her for a month. Then one day she smacked me in the head and said, if you like him that much, go after him. I did, and we've been together for forty six years, married forty-five of them. Do you hear what I am saying, son?" she asked.

Daniel nodded. The lady said one more thing. "She may not be right for you. Besides you two are so much alike, you need someone to counter you." She added. Daniel smiled and thanked her then her husband walked in.

Jacob and Sunnet were with him. "Son, I want to finish this meeting today. You don't mind if Jacob sits in do you?" He asked.

*****

Jacob went across the room and read a magazine as they concluded their meeting. Soon the clients left and Daniel was alone with the one man he wanted to hate but simply could not find a reason to. "Um, Sunnet, sweetheart, I want to talk to Daniel about something. Can you give us a minute?" Jacob asked.

Sunnet looked at the two men and left them alone. Jacob watched Daniel and at first neither spoke. "I know this is not easy for you Daniel. But I appreciate the fact that you respect us enough not to try anything." Jacob stated.

Daniel was silent. He had to make sure he didn't say the wrong thing. "Jacob, look, I..." Jacob stopped him.

"There is someone out there for you, Daniel. She is beautiful, smart, and will love you unconditionally. It's just not Sunnet. She has told me that you avoid her."

"Wait, I don't" Daniel started to protest.

"No let me finish." Jacob stated. "I have loved this woman since she was eighteen years old. I watched her walk away and it damn near killed me, but it was what she needed."Jacob exhaled.

"We've been together a few months now, and there is no one else for me Daniel. You think you love her, but I'm telling you that she's not right for you. When you meet the woman you can't live without, the woman that is in your dreams every night, the one woman that accepts you flaws and all, then you will know the type of love I'm talking about. " Jacob explained.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers