Westrons Pt. 08

Story Info
In Command, in Demand.
8.3k words
4.88
29.6k
46

Part 9 of the 33 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/13/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,328 Followers

I had an independent command. A regiment of my own. Countess Aneli was right: there was no shortage of recruits. After Tonol, and our victory parade, hundreds of women wanted to join up.

Captain Chardeia, one of the Company Commanders, had distinguished herself at Tonol. With Aneli's approval, she was promoted to Major, and would act as my second-in-command. Chardeia was a bit stuffy - she didn't appear to have a sense of humour - but there was no doubting her courage.

With the help of our Captains and sergeants, we selected the 100 best marksmen - markswomen - and formed a first company of sharpshooters. Kanitz had promised me rifles, and a soon as they began to arrive, I issued them to my 1st Company.

Muskets are smoothbores, like a pea-shooter. When the bullet is expelled from the barrel, it can go anywhere. A rifle has grooves on the inside of the barrel; they literally spin the bullet, like a tight spiral on a football. Much more accurate.

In fact, there's not much value in aiming a musket. Point a lot of them at the enemy, and let fly. A significant part of a volley's impact is the effect on your enemy's morale: it can be absolutely terrifying.

There's a cumulative effect, too. After standing and facing several volleys, even veteran soldiers start to wonder about the law of probabilities. How long can it be before one of those bullets hits her?

But rifles are more accurate, and have a longer range. I had plans for my sharpshooters.

The remainder of my veterans were distributed in two ways: I formed an elite 2nd Company, and then used the rest as corporals and file leaders, to help integrate and train all of the new recruits.

Langoret did the same. I never took a step without discussing it with her first. She talked me out of one or two innovations, but generally she agreed with what I wanted.

Our iron ramrods began to arrive, thanks to Kanitz. Nonetheless, I wrote her letters, to keep her abreast of what we were doing, but also to badger her for more money.

Countess Aneli had already come up with much more coin than she'd promised. I didn't know how she was doing it. We were also camped on her estates, and the two regiments were rapidly eating her out of house and home.

That gave me another idea, though. I broached it to my colleague.

- "I think we should march to your estate." Langoret was a Countess in her own right, and just as wealthy as Aneli.

- "That's almost 200 leagues!" she said.

- "I know."

The veterans didn't grumble too much. "Here we go again." they said. It was like the race from Tonol to Cercen all over.

The new recruits were astonished. If their seniors weren't objecting, though, they weren't about to complain. It was hard for them, but they kept up.

It was a nightmare for me. I made it on determination and willpower alone. I needed a week to recuperate, on Langoret's estate. We ate her livestock, for a change, and gave Aneli a short respite.

- "You know," said Langoret, "this has been a bonding experience for the veterans and the new recruits. You're very clever, Cook."

Darned right I was - especially since I hadn't expected that.

***

There were times when I wished that I'd been more of a hands-on technician. I'd read time-travel stories, and enjoyed them. Somehow, the hero always knew how to build a laser pistol with odds and ends he scrounged up, or could accurately predict the date of the next eclipses, solar and lunar.

Unfortunately, that wasn't me. I understood the principles behind some of our modern gadgets, but when they broke, we didn't fix or repair them: we just replaced them. If I'd ever wanted to know how to build a laser pistol, or memorize the date of the next eclipse, I could have learned it in Sleepread.

Instead of becoming an engineer, I'd studied military history. Here and now, I thought the Westrons needed me a lot more than they did a technician. Besides, what could a techie do without magnetics, or plastics, or extremely rare metals? Was there even any accidentium on this planet?

Then there were the social costs to consider. Sure, mass production of muskets would probably help the Westrons win this war. Repeating rifles would be awesome, too. But what about the next war? Or the one after that?

Mass armies could lead to mass destruction.

In the Seven Years War (1756-1763), they had technology very similar to what the Westrons and Crolians were using. The armies were small, and slow-moving. Non-combatants got out of the way - although I'm sure that thousands were killed or rendered homeless.

The Napoleonic Wars used much the same weapons, but with massive armies (about 800,000 combined at the 3-day Battle of Nations in 1813).

Millions of civilians died in World War One, a century later. And the Second World War killed tens of millions.

With that in mind, I wasn't too disappointed that I couldn't revolutionize Westron technology.

***

In one sense, Tallia was absolutely useless as an aide-de-camp. She had no leadership skills whatsoever. I would never be able to have her replace an injured officer, or lead a small group of soldiers in any kind of special task.

She had a hard time mastering our marching pace, too. I could only do it on guts and sheer willpower. Tallia was suffering.

But as an executive assistant, she was absolutely amazing.

She kept my maps organized, and knew exactly where each one was, if I wanted to consult them. She found food fit for humans, so that I didn't have to live on a 90% meat diet.

Tallia also found me some natural scents. It was odd - like putting on cologne every morning. But the senior officers all noticed, and they thanked me for it. Apparently, my natural odours were distracting for them.

- "How did you know?' I asked Tallia. She just grinned.

Tallia had other skills, which she demonstrated early on. Langoret and I were discussing tactics, when she admitted that her 1st Company - modelled on mine - weren't even remotely ready.

- "Only half of them have rifles, Cook." said Langoret. "And we haven't practiced enough. I don't want to use up all of the powder."

- "Pardon me, Colonel." said Tallia. "You have 61 rifles. And we have more than enough powder, if you would like to practice. Six more barrels arrived today."

Langoret wasn't the only one who was amazed. I asked Tallia to find us a tally of all the extra gunpowder - that is, what we hadn't already issued to the soldiers.

- "31 barrels." she said, without a moment's hesitation.

Langoret slowly turned to look at me. I could only shake my head.

- "Tallia - how do you know that?" I asked.

She lifted her chin. "Why would I not know?" she retorted.

She had an encyclopedic memory. That alone was impressive. But Tallia could summon up that knowledge before you could snap your fingers. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how she did it.

"I've always been able to do it." she said.

***

I had 30 dummies - scarecrows, really - set up. Then I formed up a company, about 75 yards away, in a two-deep line. Then I gave the order to fire a volley.

- "Reload!"

- "Fire!"

I had the whole company advance, to see how many of the scarecrows they'd hit.

Two.

Granted, one of the dummies had been hit twice - but that was it: three hits, out of over 150 shots. Even that, I thought, was a bit lucky.

I couldn't tell the troops what I'd learned in Sleepread aboard the Halygon: that in actual combat, the results were even lower.

- At Chotusitz, in 1742, the Prussians expended 650,000 cartridges, to inflict 6,500 casualties on the Austrians (killed & wounded). That's 1%.

- Napier, in his History of the Peninsular War, said "... not one out of 300 balls expended, took effect."

- At Vittoria, in 1813, British infantry inflicted one casualty for every 800 rounds fired

I couldn't tell our soldiers those stories. So I tried to show them. We repeated the experiment with every single company of both regiments, except for the rifles. The results were remarkably similar: between one and four hits for two volleys.

The troopers got the point. If they spread out, as skirmishers, the enemy line was unlikely to do them much damage - especially if they kneeled to shoot, which would make them even harder to hit.

There was another advantage to this approach, which our soldiers were quick to grasp. The very first volley fired by a unit was always their most effective. The muskets had been carefully loaded.

After that, thick smoke, careless or hurried loading and weapon malfunctions decreased the power of the next volleys. Officers were accustomed to hold their fire, and save the first volley until they could get close enough to the enemy to do the most damage.

But would they have the patience to do that while our skirmishers were tormenting them?

***

It was going to happen, eventually. I was far too shy to mention it, but Langoret brought up the subject herself.

- "Cook, I will be going into hemmer in a week or so."

- "Oh? I mean - you can tell, this far in advance?" I knew very well that she probably could; she'd just caught me off guard.

- "Of course." She looked at me oddly. "I mentioned it because I wanted to ask you a favor: would you stay away, while it lasts?"

- "Certainly." I said. "As you wish."

- "I will be in my command tent." said Langoret. "I can send an aide, if I need to communicate with you. And you can send Tallia if you need to contact me."

- "Agreed."

Langoret could tell that I was trying to keep it professional. She smiled. "I have a suitor. We may marry ... after the war. He would understand, if I strayed, but I find that I have no desire to. Also, I would not want to fall pregnant. Not now."

- "I understand. Thank you for telling me."

Yes, I was mildly disappointed. Langoret wasn't as striking as Themis, but she was attractive. She was intelligent, and brave, too - qualities I find very appealing.

But I was also beginning to think of her as a friend, so of course I'd respect her wishes. It might have been awkward, afterwards, too ... I went to find something to do, to take my mind off the thought of Langoret in heat.

I stayed well away from her command tent. She sent an aide to see me, twice. I sent Tallia back, to coordinate a joint march, involving both regiments. Tallia was gone quite a long time.

- "What took you?" I asked, when she returned.

- "She wasn't at her command tent. She was at the Countess' manor." said Tallia.

I had to laugh. Langoret trusted me - but she'd taken the extra precaution of moving, just in case.

***

Weeks later, Countess Aneli invited the two of us for a meal. Our aides ate in the kitchen; Langoret and I were served in the Countess' dining room.

She had questions about our progress, and our plans for the immediate future. Halfway through the dinner, though, she changed the subject rather suddenly.

- "I will probably be in hemmer in a sevenday or so." she said, as calmly as if she'd been describing the weather. "Could I prevail upon you, Colonel Cook, to join me when it comes?"

Luckily, I didn't have any food or drink in my mouth, so I didn't spit anything across the table. I tried to glance at Langoret for help, but she was keeping a perfectly straight face.

It would have felt rude, somehow, to decline. Besides, what choice did I have? Hell hath no fury, and all that ...

- "I would be honoured, Countess." I managed to say.

- "Oh, good." she said. "Kanitz' aide said that you were exceptional. I'm looking forward to it already. Will you have another cutlet, Langoret?"

And that was that. I'd just agreed to have sex with the Countess. Not once, or twice, either, but multiple times over the course of several days.

I tried to sneak a few looks at Aneli, but there were only three of us at the table. She saw me looking - well, checking her out, really - and smiled.

I had no idea of her age. She was no great beauty, with her pouty lips and pug nose, but her big blue eyes were attractive enough, and she did have that spectacular mane of wavy hair, the colour of brass.

She was short, and a bit round. Well, I was going to learn a great deal more about my employer - and we'd be seeing a lot more of each other, too.

After the meal, the Countess promised to send for me when her time arrived. We thanked her, and began the walk back to camp. Tallia and the other aides followed a few paces behind.

- "That was ... unusual." I said, quietly. "Wasn't it?"

- "Somewhat." said Langoret. "She probably should have asked you privately, but Countess Aneli has always had a reputation for being ... outspoken."

- "So this isn't ... strange? You think I should go."

- "Of course you should go, Cook. You said you would."

- "I know. It's just - I don't know much about the Countess, or her ... tastes."

- "She'll tell you, if you can't guess." said Langoret, with a smile. "But I don't imagine you'll have any trouble. 'Exceptional', did she say? Now I wonder if I made a mistake when I asked you to stay away." She was teasing me.

- "Don't you start."

Langoret laughed aloud, and patted me on the back.

***

I didn't tell a soul, and I doubt that Langoret did, but somehow, every soldier in both regiments seemed to know where I was going, when the Countess sent me her invitation. I suppose her servants talked - or Aneli herself did.

It was like the walk of shame, only before the deed, rather than after.

- "Go get her Colonel!" I heard someone shout.

- "For the honour of the regiment!" called another.

- "Don't let us down!"

- "Don't let it down!"

Many others shouted encouragement; some offered suggestions, or advice. I'm sure that I was blushing fiercely long before I reached the Countess' manor.

She was waiting for me in a parlour, lying on a couch - completely naked.

- "I thought we could start in here," she said, "and then have a meal afterwards - to help you replenish your strength."

I decided to enter into the spirit of the thing. Why not? "Or I could simply make a meal of you." I said.

'Mmm ..." she liked that idea. Aneli was arranged in a classic odalisque pose. I was a little surprised, and very pleased with the view she offered.

Aneli wasn't actually fat at all; she had strong legs, and thick thighs, and her waist wasn't narrow, but there was nothing unappealing about the shape she was displaying for me. In fact, I felt a surge of erotic energy. I was going to fuck this woman. Repeatedly.

I could smell her arousal, and almost feel her lust. I stopped just inside the parlour door, and slowly began to remove my clothing. The breeches came off second last; I saved the red sash for last.

- "Oh - well done." she said. "You could give lessons."

I advanced on her slowly. Aneli lay back on her couch, almost as if she expected me to mount her immediately. As she lay back, her impressive breasts flattened somewhat, and spread to either side.

Instead, I knelt beside the bottom of her couch, and stroked her ankle. I lifted her leg, and began to kiss my way upward, along the underside of her leg.

- "Oh, my." she said.

When I reached her ass, I blew lightly on her hyper-sensitive skin. Then I flicked my tongue across her lower lips.

- "Oh - Queens and Princesses!" she moaned.

I hadn't set out to tease her, but Aneli seemed to like it, so I tormented her just a little bit. By the time I inserted my tongue inside her, she was squeezing my head with those powerful thighs.

I didn't rush her at all. Airta and Themis had taught me that we had all had night - if not the next few days. Finally, I slid my tongue over her clit. She shuddered, and came.

- "Cook - that was ... You have to fuck me, now. But we are definitely doing that again!"

I crawled up, between her legs. I kissed her, a moment before my cock slid into her super-slick pussy. She grunted, and hunched her hips to get me deeper.

- "Ah - you are a big one, aren't you?" she said. Aneli certainly liked to talk.

I sucked her nipples, as I began to stroke into her, in slow, deep thrusts. I wasn't going to last all that long, this first time, so I began to pick up the pace, and slammed it to her, quick and hard.

Aneli responded in kind, humping her hips up at me as I drove into her.

- "Ah!" I grunted, as I felt my orgasm cresting, like a wave. "Take it! Take it all - Countess!" I spewed a load of semen inside her.

She held me tight, afterwards.

- "At this point, I believe that you can call me Aneli, when we are alone - and especially when you are inside me."

She disengaged, and sat up. Her heavy breasts changed shape; they looked like full waterbags, hanging beneath her. Aneli then knelt on the couch, and presented me her backside. She didn't need to ask; I was still hard, and ready for more.

To my surprise, her ass was exquisite: taut, shapely, and utterly irresistible. Her incredibly long hair was draped over back, and flowed over her flanks, like a brass veil.

I entered her from behind. Almost immediately, I sighed. She was wet, and very hot, but still remarkably tight for a woman who had to have seen more than a few hemmers.

- "Big." she grunted.

Her dorsal fur was thicker than either Airta's or Themis'. Aneli groaned when I ran my fingers through it.

I found a steady rhythm, and thrust my erection inside her, as far as I could, before drawing it back until only the tip was still nestled between her nether lips.

Aneli was sliding her ass back at me, matching my pace and intensity. I parted the curtain of her hair, and reached under her to fondle a dangling breast.

- "You have - a big - root." she said, between thrusts.

- "Nice - to hear." I replied. "You have - a great - ass."

- "I know. But people - usually - only - notice - my hair - or- my - tits."

- "They're - worthy - of - notice - too."

She came as I lightly pinched her nipple, just a moment before I flooded her with my second load of the evening.

It was still early.

***

We had a light meal - to restore my strength, as she put it. From the way she was looking at me, I was tempted to ask for six dozen oysters.

Aneli loved to talk about sex.

- "Are there positions you haven't tried - that you'd like to? Can you do that thing with your tongue again? What do Pylosian women like?"

I got up from the table, and picked her up in my arms.

- "Bedroom." I growled.

She pointed, and I carried her there.

I deposited her near the headboard, and climbed up behind her. Aneli braced herself, with both hands on the wall above her bed, as I thrust into her from behind. I grabbed handfuls of that surprisingly shapely ass, and fucked her hard.

Then I reached under her arms, and cupped her breasts. They were big handfuls. When I switched one hand, and ran my fingernails down the fur on her spine, Aneli moaned, and came.

I kept pounding her against the wall, until I came myself.

Aneli didn't have to work hard to coax me back to full readiness. She kissed me, and licked my cheeks, my chin, my neck, and then my armpits. The pressure of her great breasts on my chest may have helped.

But her scent was very potent. There was also something else - I couldn't put my finger on it, but the Countess was supremely desirable, and I was aroused at several sub-conscious levels.

She straddled me, and dangled her breasts just above my mouth. She shifted her shoulders, which swung her tits from side to side, slapping against my cheeks, or my chin. I tried to trap a nipple with my mouth.

After five orgasms, she let me rest.

I woke to find my growing erection in Aneli's mouth. I feigned sleep a little longer, to let her suck me for a while. Then I startled her by lunging off the bed, and flipping her onto her back. I went down on her, and tried my best to give her every sensation I could.

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,328 Followers