Westrons Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nope - not even remotely the oddest conversation I'd had. Themis was genuinely pleased that I was with Tallia. She just didn't seem to feel any jealousy at all.

Neither of us was very hungry, but eventually we ate a little bit. Mostly we just wanted to sit close together, our hands frequently touching.

Kanitz herself found us sitting that way, some time later.

- "I'm sorry." she said. "Time to go." Then she left the room to give us a last few moments.

There was nothing more to say. Themis held me tight, and kissed me. Then she was gone.

***

My bodyguards were waiting to escort me back to Talley's house.

- "You alright, Colonel?" asked the tall blonde. Nasta, I think it was. She'd seen the dreamy look in my eyes, and noticed that I wasn't particularly paying attention to my surroundings.

- "He's fine." said Ishana, the hatchet-faced squad leader. "Follow us. Keep your eyes and ears open." She led the way, and I went along, still floating several inches off the ground.

It was a fine night. The moons were quite far apart, which allowed a thousand stars to sparkle and shine. I was trying to conceive of a scenario which would allow me to marry Themis. If I saved the Queen's life ... maybe the grateful monarch would give me her sister's hand.

In the morning, I knew that I'd snap out of it. I had absolutely nothing to complain about. Tallia was wonderful. And there was Esyle to consider. There was nothing at all about my situation to regret.

We were almost to the landing when Ishana suddenly stopped, and drew her sword. She thrust out her left arm, and shoved me backwards.

I hadn't been paying any sort of attention, and the quick movements caught me off guard. Ishana's push caught me off balance, and I stumbled.

Half a dozen shadowy figures were rushing towards us. I saw the glint of cold steel.

Ishana engaged a pair of them, but they weren't interested in her. It was me they were after.

Out of nowhere, the little blonde - Koroba - sprinted up on my left. She had a pair of pistols in her hands. At a range of two yards, she fired; I couldn't tell if she hit anything. Then she lunged forward, with amazing speed, and practically touched her next target with the end of her second pistol. That shot was muffled - but it didn't miss.

By the time I recovered my balance, I knew that I wouldn't be able to draw my own sword. Besides, it was only a fancy dress smallsword (a gift from the citizens of Tonol, for my part in the battle that saved them). It was more of a fashion accessory than a weapon.

I side-stepped quickly, and the blade aimed at my stomach sliced through my shirt and waistcoat. It might have taken an ounce of flesh with it.

There was an arm attached to that sword, which I grabbed with both hands. Then I fell to the ground, taking my assailant's arm with me. It snapped like a dry stick, and I discovered that the person who'd tried to stab me was female - she shrieked in pain.

Then the big blonde, Nasta, stepped in, and nearly separated the assassin's head from her shoulders with a powerful sabre cut.

The surviving attackers fled, but Ishana didn't pursue. She turned, instead, to make sure of me.

- "Is he alive?" she hissed.

- "I'm fine."

- "He's not just alive." said Nasta. "D'you see what he did?"

- "I saw." said Koroba.

- "Eyes and ears!" snapped Ishana. "They might come back."

I doubted that. Three of my bodyguards were present, and there were four figures on the ground. The others were probably running for their lives.

Within a few moments, we heard whistles, and Palace Guards came running. They'd heard Koroba's first shot - one of the reasons she'd used her pistols.

I wasn't daydreaming anymore. My heart was pounding. But I knew that I was alive only because of these talented fighters, and their vigilance.

- "Thank you, Ishana." I said. Then I thanked each one in turn.

"You saved my life."

*****