What Happens In The Mountains

Story Info
Longtime friends finally resolve their sexual tension.
8.6k words
4.44
23.2k
23

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/13/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vanessa

"Uff," I muttered to myself, slumping in my chair. It was the last client call of the day, and I couldn't wait to be done. I smiled, thinking of the cabin, the fireplace, and a big glass of wine to keep me company. But there was still a lot to do before tomorrow. In my career as a decorator, I had finally amassed a high-end clientele--which here can be substituted with the word, "picky".

As such, this cabin trip is coming at a good time. My longtime best friend is coming with his girlfriend of 8 months, along with another few of our high school friends. My relationship with my best friend is...complicated. Jonah and I met in sophomore year of high school. We were an unlikely pair, as I played volleyball and he was a band geek. We both are intelligent, however, and bonded over a mutual love of calculus.

College was a strange time for us. We shared a friend group, but I started to date around, finally free of my incredibly overprotective parents. It was around this time that we both became aware of his feelings for me. He would lash out in jealousy occasionally, and I started to dodge him as a result. The truth is that there was a complete lack of physical compatibility, at least at the time.

Recently, I've been aware of a change, however, which all started 9 months prior. On the date in question, Jonah came over to my place for dinner. It was a time-honored tradition for us--dinner and board games. It was a time for me to give him advice regarding women, a subject in which he has limited experience. I stood to go over to the stove and check on the chili (one of three things I know how to cook well). As I turned around, I realized Jonah was right behind me, trying to reach for a wine glass. I almost collided with him, and felt his breath on me. Jonah's arm went around my waist to steady me, and I instinctively thrust myself against him for support.

"Oh shit, I am so sorry," He stammered. I thought, perhaps too hopefully, that I felt his boner through his pants. My heart started racing and I found myself staring at his lower lip. I never realized how kissable it looked, like a stern and firm line.

"You're fine," I said with a smile, and slid past him. As I sat down my mind started racing, and I thought of potentially broaching the topic of us, for the first time in several years. I drank some water to steady my nerves, though I was fairly sure my venture would be rewarded. I'm not trying to speak from a place of vanity, but I know I am definitely considered pretty attractive. I was blessed with bouncy blonde hair, green eyes, and a natural pout. This paired with my d-cups, small waist, and toned butt from continual exercise, has been a fairly popular combination. I've been used to male attention all my life, and have come to identify it easily, as well as to not be unnerved by it. This means that throughout the years I have been well aware of Jonah's stolen glances. He's always been respectful, but obvious. I cleared my throat to begin.

"Hey, I have something to tell you," He started.

"Go ahead," I said, glad for the delay.

"I met someone," He told me, as my stomach dropped. "Her name is Mandy and she's actually a IT specialist within my office. She illustrates comics on the side."

"Wow! She sounds perfect for you," I conceded.

"Yeah...little bit. We'll see where it goes. We're getting drinks next week!"

"That's awesome! I can't wait to meet her." I told him, not really meaning it.

Despite my disappointment, I was happy for him. Besides, how long could I expect for him to be waiting for me to decide to take him to bed? I cleared the table wistfully after he left. I showered and climbed in bed, mind racing. I was still horny, so I pretended Jonah was at the foot of my bed, watching me. I undid the top of my nightgown and let my nipples enthusiastically encounter the chilly air. I grabbed my tits and imagined his boner filling out his pants. I thought of hunger on his face, an exaggerated version of what I'd see in his eyes when he'd see me at the pool. I begged for him to touch me, as my own fingers slid under my nightgown and found my swollen clit. I moaned for him, touching myself faster and faster. When I slid my finger into my wetness, it was his finger instead, driving me towards absolution.

"Oh yes!" I sighed, increasing my speed, my wet hair fanning out on the pillowcase. I pinched my nipples hungrily, raked my neck, and pushed my head back in ecstasy. When I came I trembled. My vaginal wall caved around my three, drenched fingers. And so I continued for months--fantasizing about Jonah almost every night. We'd been hanging out less recently, but now, with the trip 24 hours away, I had come to a decision; I would steal Jonah for myself.

I'll be honest: I had been cyber stalking Mandy. She was...cute, in an underwhelming, mousy sort of way. I felt guilty for thinking it, but from a purely physical standpoint I had her beat. I could tell she had an affinity for anime and activewear, and she was pretty damn good at drawing. I knew from months of advice that Jonah liked her well enough, but that they weren't exactly ripe in the passion department. This would be my winning edge.

The day of the trip, Blake and Louisa parked at my place so we could carpool. After 6 hours of radio and leg cramps, we had arrived in the mountains. Our cabin was large, with 7 bedrooms, all the arcade amenities, plenty of porch space, and a hot tub. I picked my bedroom on the upper floor, one which boasted a private porch entry and huge tub. I packed very carefully for the trip, trying to appease both sensible and sexy clothing options. I brought an array of form fitting jeans, tight v-necks, and all the raunchy underwear I could fit. The true piece de resistance, however, was my new red bathing suit. It was a one-piece with a front v-neck so low, it was almost down to the belly button. I knew Jonah was a fan of tits, and Mandy's seemed to be in the smaller range.

I was almost done unpacking, when I heard my friends greet Jonah and the victim of my relentless stalking. I checked myself in the mirror and reapplied lip gloss before going out to greet them. I had a zing of jealousy seeing them holding hands, but smiled widely at them. I hugged Jonah tightly, and saw Mandy bristle in my periphery. I felt guilty, but also proud that she was threatened.

"I am so glad to finally meet you," I said, grinning at her. She smiled back but seemed restrained.

"You too, Vanessa." She returned, "I am happy to meet Jonah's oldest friend."

We walked around the cabin as they selected their room--it was downstairs with direct hot tub access. Mandy then retired to unpack and lay down. I was glad to have some time with Jonah alone. We went for a walk around the property.

Jonah

I was glad the trip up here went smoothly. I get a sort of childlike glee taking that first deep breath of mountain air. I was walking with Vanessa around the cabin and thought of how lucky this scene would've made me feel even just a year ago. I was excited for Mandy and Vanessa to get to know each other, and for the future. I looked over at Vanessa and thought it was odd how someone could get used to being friends with a supremely gorgeous, unattainable being, but then still be dazzled by them at times. I'd long put any idea of us out of my mind, and was more than happy with Mandy, but even objectively Vanessa is hard to ignore.

"I need to talk to you, Jonah," She started, with a tone I wasn't used to hearing from her.

I looked at her patiently.

"I'm getting worried, you know..." She began.

"What about?" I asked. For perhaps the first time ever, she looked...embarrassed?

"I've just been lonely lately. I've started to be afraid that I'll, umm, end up alone." She laughed wryly, "Oh jeez, I am sure I sound stupid."

"No, not at all, Vanessa. Look, you know you're absolutely incredible right? I mean, 1) you're pretty much the most attractive person I have seen, 2) you're clever as fuck, and 3) almost all the guys you've met have been totally and irrevocably into you." She looked up at me, nervously.

"You really think that?" She asked meekly.

"Of course," I smiled at her. She smiled back warmly and then stood on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek. Her unbelievably soft lips caused an epicenter of warmth and tingles that shot down to my toes. As she pulled away I got a whiff of something delightful, either from her hair or some perfume. So many years can go by, but you never fully recover from first loves...even the unrequited ones.

Mandy

"You didn't see this girl!" I whined over the phone, annoying even myself.

"Girl, seriously chill. He's there with you, isn't he?" My best friend Kathy tried to calm me down.

"Yeah..."I conceded. "And with this goddamn glamazon." I added.

"You said they've been friends forever? Even if there was once something there, I am sure it's gone by now." She said, making too much sense. I sighed, accepting defeat. Maybe this was all in my head. I thanked Kathy for the sound advice and hung up. I had a vengeful headache, so I took two ibuprofen and laid down. Truth was, my last relationship ended as horribly as one can.

Seth and I dated for 3 years until I found out he was seeking casual Tinder hookups when he'd go out of town. We'd both worked in different IT firms and had met at a weekend expo in DC. I thought we were forever. Funny thing is, he might've gotten away with cheating too, as he blocked our city from being an option in matches. I guess he forgot my sister lives in Tucson. Regardless, trust has been a hard pill to swallow lately.

I went to the mirror and looked at my flaxen, light brown hair. I've never been the obviously desirable type like Vanessa. Hell, I'd even prided myself on it. I've always wanted to be valued for my intellect over how shiny my hair was. But Vanessa's positively glowed! It's hard to see how other people react to that strange sort of power that attractiveness has.

I sighed and sat back on the bed; I really didn't wanna lose Jonah. As if beckoned by magic, he walked into the room.

"Hey you," I said, smiling widely. I stopped though, when I saw his cheek, "What the hell?" I asked quietly.

"What?" He asked, concern on his face. "Aww fuck, is it a spider? Babe, you know I hate spiders."

"It's not a spider...was Vanessa...kissing you?" I asked, pointing to the dark, pink stain painting his cheekbone.

"Oh, babe...Sorry, yeah it wasn't anything like that. She was really down, honestly more so than I've ever seen her be. I was just comforting her and she kissed my cheek. It was just friendly, nothing more." He explained.

"Oh umm...okay. Sorry, babe. I think I'm just on edge lately." I said, trying to calm down. I hated this, if I was being honest. But I didn't want to compete with the best friend. Suddenly, I got an idea.

"Hey, so...I am thinking we should break our room in?" I suggested. I started to unbutton my flannel, grateful I'd worn my nicer, black bra.

Jonah drank me in, "Hmm, I like this spontaneous side of you. We should go on trips more often." He walked over to the edge of the bed and I sat up to meet him.

"Definitely an option," I purred, wrapping my arms around his neck. We kissed deeply and my worries melted into a vague background. I loved his strong back and his firm lips. I slid my hands under his shirt to pull it off. Jonah was the surprising kind of attractive. Of course, I'd liked him immediately, but you couldn't tell how nicely toned he was with a shirt on. Dropping his on the floor, my hands resumed roaming his back. His arms went around my waist and he started to kiss my neck.

I moaned into his shoulder and I felt him digging under my open top for the bra strap. He kissed the tops of my breasts as he felt around, and I could feel myself getting wet. No one else can have you, I thought. I snapped out of my reverie as I heard our cabin mates knocking on the door to ask us to go hiking. I groaned as Jonah and I separated and got dressed again. I elected to stay inside and continue unpacking and nursing my headache. In a way, I was relieved.

Vanessa

I felt a little bad for the lip gloss move, but I knew it might work. I got Blake to knock on the door to get the secluded couple to come out. I couldn't let Mandy undo my foundational work by having private, intimate time with Jonah. I was positively gleeful when she said she'd stay in. I wanted her to be jealous, but not on her toes. Plus, this meant more one on one time with him. We lagged behind as the others walked ahead.

"You almost got me in trouble," He laughed.

"Oh? And what did I do?" I asked, a little more flirty than I meant to.

"Your lip gloss," He answered.

"Oh shit, I am so, so sorry. I really wasn't thinking. Should I apologize to her?" I asked, feigning concern.

"Nah, I wouldn't mention it. I explained it." He told me. We joked and caught up the rest of the group. At least physically, I tried to keep my distance. It was hard to, though. I had a hard time not thinking about him normally, with him right next to me all I wanted to do was tear his clothes off.

"You two should really talk and get to know each other," He offered, as we walked back up the driveway to the cabin.

"Yeah, I'd like that. Give us some girl time, tonight." I said.

"Will do. Hell, I might go shower now and give you guys a chance," He walked inside and down to their room. I smiled, formulating the next part of my plan, took a deep breath, and went inside.

Mandy

Jonah walked into the room and I stopped reading my CSS book.

"Hey! How was your hike?" I asked him.

"It was really fun! I wish you'd have come," He said, stepping out of his boots and removing his sweater. "I need a shower, though. You should go hang out with Vanessa and talk. I know she'd like to get to know you."

"Hmm, or I could shower with you?" I asked, suggestively.

"I'd love that, but you guys go ahead. I'll meet you in a bit," He said, and walked into the bathroom. I frowned, preferring my alternative, but I knew I should make an effort. I grabbed my coat and went upstairs. I found Vanessa on the porch with a bottle of Cab and two glasses. I felt like we might get along, after all.

"Drink?" She asked with a naughty smile.

"Of course!" I responded, laughing.

"So, tell me about yourself," She ordered, mid pour."Other than what I know, obviously. How did you get into illustrating?"

"Oh, well I've been doodling for a long time. I've also loved reading forever, so comics were a pretty natural transition." I grabbed the very generously poured glass and set on one of the large, wicker chairs near Vanessa. For the next couple hours we chatted, laughed, and drank. She kept refilling my glass more and more despite my protestations. I am a complete lightweight, but she's charismatic as hell and hard to say no to. As much as I wanted not to like her, I found her to be completely fun and sweet. As dusk rolled in, I told her I needed to go to bed before I passed out on the porch.

"Aww, c'mon you're on vacation!" She argued.

"Oh no, don't you dare," I said, getting up clumsily. "I have all weekend to stay up. I need bed." She wished me a good night, and I fumbled down the stairs to where Jonah was sitting on his laptop.

"So how was it?" He asked.

"Ugh, I like her...but I am a wee bit tipsy, babe," I told him, as I sat on the bed and untied my shoelaces. Once I successfully removed my shoes, I laid back and sighed deeply. Jonah slid down to me and nuzzled my neck.

"How about resuming where we left off this afternoon?" He hummed in my ear.

"Nope, nuh uh, I need sleep," I said, rolling over and drifting into slumber.

Jonah

I groaned internally as I readjusted my boner before heading upstairs. I had no idea what had gotten into me lately, but I'd been perpetually horny on this trip. I found Vanessa racking up the pool table. Well, by that I mean I saw her insanely nice ass bent over the pool table, which didn't help my downstairs situation.

"Your girlfriend cannot handle her liquor," She laughed, turning to smile at me.

"I know, I know...beer?" I asked.

"Ooh, yes please. I like her though!" She added, sliding the balls into place. I grabbed two Yuenglings from the fridge and handed her one.

"She likes you too. She told me," I informed her. She walked over to take the beer and lingered in front of me.

"A game for old times sake?" She asked, sliding the bottle out of my hand. I sincerely believe that Vanessa could get anyone to do anything. It's not just how she looks, although that takes a second to unwrap, but her sheer confidence with which she carries herself. I nodded.

She tilted her glass towards me,

"To the past," She offered.

"And future," I answered. We clinked, and I saw something in her eyes.

Vanessa

I had to admit I was very surprised with how well things were falling into place. Mandy, was, as I suspected, unnerved enough by the lip gloss incident to feel pressured to keep hanging out with me, and also to keep drinking. I'd heard Jonah mention once long ago that she cannot drink much, and like all things I heard about her, I retained that little nugget. I guess something productive came of my partying days. Alas, here we were: a passed out Mandy, the rest of the gang outside trying to light a fire, and me and Jonah together again. By the bulge in his pants, I could tell a combination of lack of sex between Mandy and him and me (hopefully?) were having the desired effect.

I'll admit I cleaned up as well. I showered and changed out of my hiking clothes to a super tight pair of jeans and a flattering white blouse that hugged my waist and showed a hint of cleavage, but more when I would bend over. Pool was a frequent pastime of ours during our time in school. We'd both gotten pretty good, and were both incredibly competitive about it. This game, I was destroying him, though. I was also bending over fairly dramatically. I was a few drinks in and feeling bold.

Finally, I was ready to sink the eight ball. I leaned in across the table, and looked him in the eyes,

"Are you ready to lose?" I asked. I was glad to see his eyes darted down to my cleavage. He cleared his throat.

"Ahem, well we'll see, won't we?" As I sank the ball he readjusted his bulge. I pretended not to notice.

"Argh, you're killing me, Vanessa," The way he half-growled my name was so hot.

"It's okay...I always knew I was better than you," I teased, pushing his shoulder playfully.

"Oh, is that so? Rematch, right now," He demanded.

"You're on. But first...more drinks!" I suggested. I went to look in my bag and squealed in delight.

"You'll never believe what I found!" I yelled at him across the room.

"Yes?" He asked. I ran into the room and did a little shimmy with the bottle.

"Our best friend, Tequila!" I laughed. He groaned.

"No, no, that's such a bad idea." But I did not let up, and at last he relented. I fished out two glasses, salt, and lime, and poured shot number one. We took it like champs, and I offered another. Despite his initial protest he was game. So then I suggested number three.

"Aw shit," He groaned. He'd spilt the entirely of the salt onto his hand, and the shaker was empty. "I promise this was loose before I used it!"

"Sure, sure..." I teased. "It's okay, I'll use some of yours." I licked the salt off his hand. It seemed to surprise him, but half a second later he did the same. We took our shots and sucked our lime wedges, laughing all the while.

"Oh, c'mere," I told him, and reached my thumb to his lip to get the piece of lime flesh off his mouth corner.

"You've got umm, some pulp." But my fingers brushed his face and that contact was too much. I glazed over his skin with my thumb and looked into his eyes. I cannot speak for him, but I know in that moment I was more aware of my body than ever, and that my heart was racing so much I was almost winded. But I do know what was in his expression. I leaned in, and Jonah closed the distance.