What If? Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kitty slid down her duplicate, leaving a wet trail of kisses as she kissed both breasts, then under the breasts, the stomach, then below her stomach. Mariah gasped as she felt hot breath on her mons, then she writhed and cried out when Kitty's lips brushed against her clit and she erupted, feeling her entire body tense and contract around Kitty's fingers as she slid them deep inside her vagina and caressed against the front of it, rubbing her G spot as her body twisted in agonizing pleasure.

Kitty began to suck Mariah's clit as she rubbed small circles inside her vagina, bringing a continuous wave of pleasure as she worked on her duplicate, keeping her in a state of orgasmic pleasure for minutes before Mariah's body finally began to relax and she went somewhat limp. Kitty finally pulled her fingers out of Mariah's wet pussy and smoothly slid her way up her body until she joined lips with her duplicate again, allowing Mariah to taste herself as they kissed.

Mariah looked at her mirror image, only inches from herself, and smiled, Kitty smiled back.

"I think I should say thank you. I just don't even know how to describe it." She finally managed to murmur.

Kitty laughed, a vibration Mariah could feel through their bodies, touching on many points as they held each other and enjoyed the contact. Within a short time, Mariah fell asleep, Kitty was not too long after her, and both fell into a deep slumber for most of the next day.

...

Mariah gradually awoke, and opened her sleep crusted eyes to daylight leaking in from around the pulled curtains. She groaned and rolled over, realizing she was alone in the bed, and the clock read 3:20pm.

She got up and managed to make it to the bathroom before she burst, then managed to find a robe to pull on and walked into the kitchen where Kitty was sitting with Ian, talking quietly. She noted that Kitty was naked, and that Ian certainly did not seem to mind. Mariah paused for a second, then realized, to him – this was still her, so why would he object.

She walked up and smiled as Ian noticed her coming, and rose, with Kitty turning to look at her with a wide smile as well.

"Did you sleep well, Mariah?" Ian asked her, walking over and kissing her cheek.

"I feel like I need to go back to bed, for a year." She finally said, getting a laugh from her duplicate.

"I agree. I've been up for maybe half an hour, and feel like it's already time for a nap. Professor Scott says this is normal after what we went though." Kitty said, then stood and hugged Mariah, with a kiss on her other cheek.

"I've got to eat something or I'm going to fall over." Mariah said, then smiled again as she saw the soup and sandwiches already set up on the table.

"I figured you'd be up not too long after I woke, so I had the Professor get us both some food." Kitty said, then pulled out the chair. "Sit down and eat, you look a lot paler than I do."

Kitty sat down at the table where her own plate had been depleted and as Mariah dug into the plain but plentiful meal, continued to answer what questions Ian had about her world.

A knock at the door made Ian look up, and he rose as Mariah indicated for Kitty to go into the kitchen.

"Why?" Kitty asked.

"Because, in our world, you don't just walk around naked, even at home." Mariah said with a grin that faded rapidly as Ian opened the door then was pushed out of the way by a frantic Trisha as she bolted into the house.

"Mariah, we just got back into town after we got the news. Honey, how are you handling ... what the hell?" Trisha stopped dead in her tracks as she saw something that made no sense. Mariah was sitting at the table, and Mariah was standing in the kitchen.

Jake came in behind her and also stopped. "Now that ... is interesting." He said, dropping his duffel bag on the floor and staring at the two identical women where only one had been there when he and his wife had gone on deployment a few months ago. Word had reached them of the untimely deaths of Tad and Charlene and they had both mustered back home to help Kitty deal with the loss.

Ian knew them both, mostly by word of mouth, but he would not argue with the two dressed in military fatigues who had a long term commitment to his lover. He quietly closed the door behind Jake and went to stand beside Mariah as she stood, not quite certain what to do next. Kitty slowly moved out of the kitchen to stand beside her duplicate and looked at the two dark people dressed in security uniforms, not sure if this was FedSec or not, and hoped that if this was her end, it would be quick this time.

"Who is this?" Trisha finally said, walking up, only to have Kitty step backwards quickly to slip behind Mariah who stood her ground.

"Easy, easy. We're not going to hurt you." Jake said, noting Kitty's body language and grabbing Trisha to pull her backwards before she could approach the very scared woman now half-hiding behind Mariah.

"This is Kitty. She's my twin, I suppose you can call her that. But not biological. She is what Ian and I refer to as a temporal twin." Mariah finally said, reaching over and then wrapping the naked Kitty in a blanket that pretty much covered her torso, but still left her very fetchingly bare.

"Temporal twin? What the hell are you talking about?" Trisha exclaimed. "I know Susan did not have twins, Mariah. You are an only child. Who in the hell is this and why does she look exactly like you?"

"Miss Trisha, sit down and I will explain things to you. Sir Jake, could you?" Mariah said, exasperated as Jake firmly grabbed his wife and pulled her to a couch, then sat down with her on his lap, although Trisha resisted, she couldn't really argue with her man, he was physically stronger than her.

"Ian, please make us some coffee. I will be back in a couple of minutes, I need to get Kitty settled down. Don't move, I'll be right back." Mariah said, then vanished into the back of the house with her copy.

Trisha and Jake looked at each other in some confusion, she was searching his face for anything, all he could do was return her gaze and shrug, he had no idea what was going on. They heard footsteps and both women came back in, the other was now wrapped in a robe that covered her nakedness and she was sat down at the table, a good distance away, but still in the room as Mariah came over to sit on the table in front of Trisha and Jake.

Mariah reached over and took both of Trisha's hands in hers, then kissed her knuckles and looked at them both.

"Thank you for coming back as quickly as you could. I am still processing what happened to Charlene and Tad, it's very hard. I also had a bigger priority, as you see."

"Mariah, who is she?" Jake asked her quietly.

Mariah took a deep breath. "She is me. A perfect copy of me, with the same body, the same mind, but different experiences. In her history, Charlene died in the car accident and she ended up marrying JJ at the age of sixteen."

"Wait, wait, wait! What? Charlene never died in that accident. I remember, she got bruised up, you got more hurt than she was. What the hell?!?" Trisha exclaimed, looking at Mariah like she was insane.

"Trisha, let me explain." Mariah said in a firm tone that stopped Trisha's verbal eruption and she sat back against Jake, listening but still very upset.

"We built a device. A generator of sorts, using designs I had thought up. It was meant for me to use to fix a mistake that occurred, but I never figured out what mistake was supposed to be fixed. I used it, and I found Kitty. I had to bring her home." Mariah said, getting up and walking over to her duplicate, then hugging her tightly.

"How did you find her? What did this generator do?" Trisha asked.

Ian came around with a tray full of cups and placed it on the table, then he and Mariah poured coffee for everybody as Kitty was gently guided into the living room to sit in a chair, right beside Mariah. Mariah gave her a cup of coffee, then looked at Ian. "You can probably explain this part better than me. I get it all mixed up with soap bubbles."

Ian looked at the two soldiers who were the only family that his Mariah had left and thought of a way to explain the Many Worlds postulation as an analogy they would get quickly.

"You are both military, so you understand the need to constantly follow orders, without question, correct?"

"Of course, especially under fire." Trisha replied, drinking some coffee and beginning to relax, just a tiny bit, as Jake's fingers rubbed her back and tried to ease some of the tension out of her. She could not stop looking at Mariah and then Kitty. Two identical people who shouldn't be there.

"We have determined that the 'What If' scenario is true. When you make a go-nogo decision, quantum mechanics allows for you to follow that go decision. The other half, the nogo decision is blocked from you, but also continues. You decide to fire a bullet. However, what if you decided not to fire a bullet at that specific time?"

"This sounds like something out of Star Trek." Jake said with a gentle laugh.

"Mariah discovered a way to travel across the tracks, as it were. To cross the possibilities and explore the what if worlds as they exist. It was one such exploration that she entered the portal, and then emerged with Kitty. It was only a day ago this happened. For Mariah, it was more than two weeks of time spent with Kitty where and when she existed." Ian finished as he sat back, drinking his own coffee and watching as Jake and Trisha tried to wrap their heads around this concept, realizing that this was an explanation for there being two Mariah's now sitting in front of them.

"I still can't really understand this. You went to a different world, and brought her back?" Trisha finally said, after staring into her now empty coffee cup for more minutes than she cared to count.

"I had to. The world I reached was horrible. Everybody I knew was either dead, or in a very bad situation. My duplicate, which is what we refer to Kitty as to avoid confusion, was enslaved. As were you, Trisha. Jake was long dead. You and Ian gave your lives over there to allow us to come home safely." Mariah explained.

"I am nobody's slave. Well, I am yours, love, but that's beside the point." Trisha muttered.

"Where Kitty came from, the entire society was different. It was like Nazi Germany and the Confederate South all rolled into one. I was lucky to get her out alive." Mariah said, then reached over and took Kitty's hand, holding it tightly in her own.

"Ok, so now what? What are you going to do with a twin that all of a sudden appeared in your life?" Jake asked.

"I have no idea, but I won't leave her, and she needs me." Mariah said.

...

Kitty and Mariah both retired much later that evening than they anticipated, and fell deeply asleep almost immediately, their bodies still recovering from the flux of energy from the transit, leaving Ian, Trisha and Jake to talk until finally Ian also had to retire, begging exhaustion, at 2 in the morning.

Trisha and Jake went back to the house in Ballard that was now in their name, and spent a mostly sleepless night talking about what had happened and what had been explained to them, still trying to understand how there could be two of the same person. It was highly disconcerting, to say the least. Trisha finally slept after Jake simply pushed her onto the bed and took her, fucking her solidly until she had an orgasm and then she collapsed into his arms, exhausted and they finally drifted into a restless slumber.

12