What She Needs Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That got her, and he saw it, and she knew he had done it on purpose and got the reaction he had wanted. What she didn't know was why. Laura was enjoying the soft touches, the simple way he was making her feel like they were completely alone out on the beach, the heat that was pooling between her thighs; but why? He was so much older than her, and he hadn't made any advances. And now, as wonderful as it was, he stood, grabbed his board and walked away like nothing. Maybe she was making more of it than there was.

Damnit Laura. You saw Maria. He doesn't need or want you. And my God, he is so much older than you. You are acting like a sex crazed teenager. Laura dismissed the occurrence; sure she had taken more from it than what was really there. She watched the surfers a bit longer then settled in, closing her eyes to relax in the warmth of the sun.

David met up with Jesse and the other two boys. They talked and caught waves, joking with each other about who had the better ride. Though the younger surfers liked to jest David about his age, they were quick to catch any tips he would send their way, always giving subtle critiques of their rides and style.

"So, did you suggest to Laura that I was a good catch?" Jesse asked as he paddled over close to David.

"No, why would I do that?" He joked.

"Come on old man. We both know you are rich and have younger women after you, but no way you are gonna land that."

"You can be really crude sometimes, Jesse. And if "landing that" is all you have in mind, I will go back up there and retract what I had told her earlier. And that she should NOT have dinner with you."

"You know what I mean, David. I aint like that and you know it."

"I know, but I don't think she is interested in romance anyway. She has mentioned an ex occasionally. And her mother just died, think she just wants to escape."

"Understood." He turned and looked out to the vast ocean, watching the large charter boats roll in from the horizon. "Man, the surf is gone. I'm headin in. There's a band at Kelly's tonight. You comin?"

David was about to lay down on his board and paddle in when he looked up and saw Laura on his long board almost to them. Both guys looked at each other in surprise.

She saw their shock as she pulled up and straddled the board. "I said I don't surf, I didn't say I had no knowledge of it."

"Is something wrong?" David seemed concerned.

"Nope, just the waves had died down and it looked peaceful to sit out here and float."

Jesse was just stunned to look at her. Those eyes were so green and bright, and the way the sun reflected off her ivory skin, well, she glowed. He sighed though as he saw his brother waving at him to come in.

"I was heading in. The guys want to go see a band tonight."

"Oh? Where?" Laura seemed interested.

"At Kelly's around eight or nine. Want to join us?"

She looked to David; she wasn't sure why, but for some reason she felt she needed his permission. Maybe it was because they had spent the day together, maybe it was the father figure thing.

David could read her look but wasn't sure what type of answer she was looking for. "I think Maria and I are getting together tonight."

Jesse jumped in quickly, "Come on Laura, it will be fun, and I am safe. I promise." His smile was heart warming and sexy. He could have been on magazine covers.

"OK, but I will meet you there." She conceded.

"Sounds great. See you around eight then." He lay out over his board and paddled in.

Both Laura and David sat out there a while longer, silently bobbing in the waves, watching the boats drive in, one behind the other, each one sporting small colored flags proclaiming their catch for the day.

"We should swim in. As much as I love to surf, I don't want to be shark bait." David chuckled.

"That isn't funny."

"Actually I wasn't being funny. There were two bad attacks right here last month and they happened around this time."

Laura startled, laying down quickly and lifting up her legs. "Not cool David!" She hollered out as she hurried to paddle in.

He followed along behind her, and the view was wonderful. Her legs were parted slightly and the curve of her ass sat right in front of him. With each reaching stroke she lifted from one side to the other and while he smiled at the sight, he groaned in frustration with himself as he felt his cock harden.

He had spent all day with her and learned very little about her personally, but his body was on fire for hers. He might as well have been a college kid looking for a score to brag to his buddies. He let his mind drift away from Laura and onto Maria; he would need her even more tonight.

David loaded the boards as Laura packed up the towels. The drive back was quiet and beautiful as the sun continued to lower in the sky over the sound.

"You and Maria should come out also."

"Ummm, well..." he was searching for a way to explain their relationship. "Maria and I are more of a private couple."

Laura blushed, "She's married?"

"What?! No!" He stammered and laughed. "No, we just. Well, Laura I don't really date well. It's a small town and everyone knows everyone here, but...well, as adults, we have....ummmm....urges, and..."

Laura turned and looked at him stunned, wide eyed and jaw dropped. He stopped talking and darted looks to her as he drove back up the bypass.

"Seriously?! David, are you giving me 'the talk?'" She couldn't help but laugh, and she had a hard time not crying with laughter.

"I am twenty-three, not thirteen. You and Maria are fuck buddies. I got it. Not that big of a deal really."

He felt his face flush. She had put his relationship with Maria into a simple phrase, "fuck buddy." He hated that term, but he hated the term, "friends with benefits" even more. But they weren't lovers either.

"You are a handsome man with sexual needs, and apparently one that is well off. Makes sense you wouldn't want a relationship; for fear that the woman is there for the financial security. Having someone like Maria fulfills your needs and keeps everyone from getting hurt."

He was wrapping his head around her acknowledgement of thinking him handsome. And how easy it was for her to understand something he couldn't make most older women get about him. He just wanted casual sex and companionship.

"Wow, for twenty-three, you sure got a good head on your shoulders. Most girls your age are wrapped in the thought of marriage and family."

"Well, I was, but sometimes fate puts you in other situations. As it would happen for me, he wasn't."

"He wasn't?" Now, David needed to pry. It was too tempting not to dig a bit further.

"My ex, we had been together for three years. I opened up, told him I wanted a family and a true commitment. I mentioned that four letter word that guys hate, 'ring.' He turned tail and ran. My mom died the month after that and fate sent me a wake up call; I have realized that I had spent three years avoiding life, so now I am living it."

David sat there stunned. He hadn't noticed the light had turned green until Laura said something about it. He didn't know what to say to her. He knew nothing about the relationship or her so he couldn't very well call her ex an ass, even though he was thinking it. And she seemed so calm and at peace with it all.

He pulled into his driveway and put the truck in park. He then turned to her, a solemn look to his face. He wanted to hold her, comfort her, but when he looked over her face and saw that soft smile he knew she really didn't need it.

"Laura, I couldn't imagine being your age and going through what you are going through. My mother only passed away last year and my dad still comes down here to fish with me. But I was married at age eighteen and a father at age twenty, then off to war for eleven months. Everyday I woke up; went to work; came home to my wife and kids; and did the family thing devotedly for almost thirty years. That guy running, might have been the best thing for you, cause he certainly didn't love you."

"I know, and funny thing is, it only hurt for a day. The three years we were together always felt like a necessity, not a desire, or want. I think if it is meant to be, there should be this longing or ache. Don't you?"

"Yes, I do."

They got out of the truck and unloaded his boards and her beach bags. Laura reached up and hugged him tightly, "Thank you; I had a lot of fun today."

"Me too, Laura. Have fun tonight."

He sat there in awe as she walked over to her house and disappeared. What an amazing young woman.

*

(thank you, please vote and give comments...i appreciate them.)

12