What The Cat Dragged In Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The longer he listened the more pissed off Creed was getting. He'd managed to convince himself that this was about some Machiavellian plot that the frail happened to overhear. If she was in danger because of somebody's drug habit, he was gonna rip Stan's balls off, fry them up and feed them to him and then he'd start figuring out how to make the fat bastard suffer enough. He kept all of it out of his voice and off of his face.

"That somethin' special too?"

Fallon gave a short laugh. "Most guys got a hundred punk-ass kids running around pushing shit on street corners and anyplace else junkies might have the initiative to get to. The punks don't do it because they got any chance of getting away with it; they do it because they're too fuckin' stupid to do anything else." He leaned back and warmed to his subject, beginning to gesture as though he was giving a lecture. "One gets arrested, you get another. One starts dipping into the product more than usual or into the profit, you get another. You build in acceptable losses of people and product because you fucking know it's gonna happen. The cops don't stand a snowball's chance in hell because there's so many layers between the person in control and the cockroaches on the street. They step on as many as they can and figure they're doing the world a big fuckin' service."

Creed gave a little grin. "Where would we be without the war on drugs?"

"I don't know, but I'll tell you this; if you taxed all the shit there'd be no fuckin' deficit. Course a thousand government assholes in cheap suits'd have to find honest work. All in all, a small price to pay."

Creed chuckled a little. "So what does Paulie C do, take out an ad in the newspaper?"

"Think Amway. Market for Panacea is different. These ain't people looking for a quick high or an escape or whatever, they're looking for 'life enhancement'."

"Gotta love middle class America."

"Don't you just? Anyways, the young and upwardly mobile who want that extra little kick ain't gonna go crawling around in the shaky part of town looking at what's on the menu."

"They go to friends."

Fallon nodded. "Paulie C capitalizes on that. He makes the drug up to look like one of them vitamin horse pills. Calls it a natural supplement that works so well the FDA won't approve it because it'd put all the major drug manufacturers out of business. All bullshit, but appealing bullshit. He hand-picks distributors who want to feel like they're taking a walk on the wild side, gives them a slick little pitch, shows how they can generate a nice little stream of income by helping friends improve their lives. Every month the user gets a fresh bottle and since Panacea keeps you functional, nobody's losing jobs or dying or any of the usual shit. Supplier gets a cut; Paulie C gets the lion's share. Last I knew, he added a second tier."

"Person who brought 'em in gets a little somethin'..."

"Beautiful, ain't it?" Angry envy flashed across Michael Fallon's face. "Course fuck it up and there ain't no second chances. The one who fucked up and anyone he thinks knows too much has a convenient accident, he shifts the users to a different supplier until a new one can be found for that particular group."

"Well ain't he just the next Donald fuckin' Trump." Creed growled. He started to get up. "We're even."

Fallon waited until the taller man was on his feet. "This personal?"

Creed didn't turn to look at him. "'F it is, it's gonna stay that way." He walked out of the empty diner more pissed off than when he went in, but he had more direction too.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Over the long days of isolation, Kelly developed an observational relationship with the people in the building across the alley. Once she got used to the large windows, Kelly found that the lives unfolding in kitchens and family rooms across the way would catch her eye. The plump lady on the second floor struggles through an aerobics tape then downs a half gallon of ice cream. The dad on the third floor hides from his wife and kids whenever he can. The couple in the other apartment on the third floor fought almost constantly and when they weren't fighting they were in the bedroom, presumably making up. She had no desire to see the act itself, but it did make her wonder if she and Victor were the only two people who used the floor or the wall when the mood struck.

At first, Kelly only glanced as she walked by, but the longer Victor was gone the easier it was to get caught up in the silent, live action soap operas being played out mere yards away.

"The salesman kill his wife yet?" Conlon walked over to where she was standing. His presence was far more comfortable than it used to be. Each day he arrived just before lunch and left just after dinner unless she asked him to stay longer. If nothing else, his presence pulled her out of her own head and kept her more connected to the outside world.

Kelly laughed a little. "No, but I think the husband from the apartment on the left and the wife from the apartment on the right are having an affair."

He grinned. "What makes you think so?"

She started getting lunch on the table. "Because as soon as their respective spouses leave, he gets the kids off to school, then goes over to her place. I'm surprised he doesn't take his pants off in the hall. I made some pasta salad last night, want some?"

"Sounds good to me." He got plates and glasses out of the cupboards. "Think I've eaten better on this job than I have on any other one I've ever had."

Kelly smiled. "I'll take that as a compliment. When are you planning to go to the grocery store again?"

"Anytime you want. You need something?" He dished up some of the salad.

"I made a list." She picked it up off the counter and handed it to him. All very friendly, domestic, and painfully colorless.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Creed pulled into the garage at a little after eight in the evening. He'd been gone for twelve days, but it seemed more like twelve years. He couldn't remember carrying the weight of separation on his chest like this when he was separated from Jimmy, not even in the beginning when the kid was so weak and needy. Course, he'd never admit it to the frail or anybody else. He stretched when he got out of the car, and considered calling either Conlon or the frail. He knew their schedule. She should be alone. Didn't really matter. If she wasn't, she would be soon enough.

He grinned a little and started the elevator going up. When he hit the second floor, he typed in a second code to turn off the elevator chime. The element of surprise was always one of his favorites. Once inside though, he was the one who was surprised. The furniture and rugs were shifted slightly and the scent of floor polish tickled his nose. The soft sound of the shower filtered out to him. He got a beer out of the fridge and retreated to a deep pool of shadows to wait.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Kelly stood under the shower and massaged the back of her neck. She'd gotten Conlon to help her shift furniture and rugs so that she could polish the floor. He managed to convey stoic cooperation and long-suffering exhaustion at the same time. Still, she gave him credit for never raising a complaint about the heavy lifting. She took her time letting the hot water work the tension and soreness from her muscles. At least when Victor called again she would have something to tell him. The 'what have you been up to' question had been even tougher to answer than it usually was. By the time she turned off the water, her muscles felt better. Her recently injured shoulder was protesting though.

She dried off and then noticed that there was only a pile of sweaty clothes on top of the hamper. She sighed, dried her hair, then wrapped the towel around herself and walked out of the bathroom.

"You in the habit of walkin' around half naked when I'm not here?"

Kelly jumped and clutched the towel between breasts. She recognized the rumbling voice, but she didn't see him until he strolled out of the deep shadows, a big grin on his face. He leaned casually against the kitchen counter, watching her.

She stepped toward him and then continued at a brisk trot. "When did you...?"

He let her approach until she was just about to reach out and touch him. A deep growl rumbled through his chest. She forced herself to stop, but she couldn't be still. She shifted from foot to foot when he started to slowly circle her. When he was behind her, he grabbed a handful of her hair and tugged her head to the side, exposing the side of her neck. Kelly let out a little moan.

"Never answered my question, frail. You in the habit of walking around half naked when I'm not here?"

She could feel his warm breath on her skin. The sensation made her knees tremble. "O-Only when I'm sure I'm going to be alone." She leaned back into him, and for a minute he let her.

"Not alone now, are you?" He tugged on the back of the towel. She held on tighter for a minute, then forced herself to relax her fingers. "Wise choice." Extended claws teased lightly over her tummy. "Gonna answer the question?"

"Yes – I mean – no." Kelly was starting to shiver. "I mean, I'm not alone now."

"What if I'd been Conlon? And you standing there with all that bare skin and not a fuckin' mark on you." Claws raked burning lines down over her stomach. Kelly whimpered and put her hand on the back of his. "What kinda message d'you think that sends to the casual observer?"

"D-don't know." Her eyes were closed. He was holding her up.

"Makes 'em question. Makes 'em think they might have a shot at what's mine." One large hand carefully cupped and massaged her breast. Her nipples were already hard, the teasing made her whimper.

"Fix it." It was a pleading whisper.

The rough side of his tongue traced the stretched muscle in her neck. "How you want me to do that, frail?"

"Make me scream for you." Her head was spinning. Her need was entrenched in her lower tummy; her juices were already wetting her inner thighs.

"And you're so fucking ready too, aren't you frail?" He bit into the muscle where her neck and shoulder met. Kelly gave a sharp little cry.

"Not good enough." His tongue soothed her shoulder, leaving Kelly wanting more. "Out loud."

Needy as she was, Kelly found a deep blush rise to her cheeks. "Y-yes. I need you so much. I have for days." She insinuated one hand between them and started to stroke him through the denim of his jeans.

A deep purring growl next to her ear. "On your back." He let go of her hair and gave a gentle shove.

Her legs shook as she walked toward one of the sofas. She could hear him undressing. The sound of the rustling cloth painted a vivid picture of his sculptured form and that alone made her need that much greater. By the time she turned he was close enough to touch her. He grinned. Kelly smiled back.

"Missed you." She whispered.

His lips captured hers. For the first time, her hands were free to wander. She followed the familiar contours of his back and sides. His hands moved over her as well. His claws retracted, his lips were almost tender. He broke the kiss and bumped his head against hers.

"What'd I say, frail?" It was a soft purr.

Kelly smiled and lay back. He settled between her legs and for just an instant Kelly felt a rush of fear shoot through her. For whatever reason, that made the moment better. He was inside her in one swift motion. The initial pain of the reunion was familiar. She wrapped her arms and legs around him, her fingernails biting into his broad back, spurring him on, driving her deeper into the intensity of the moment.

Kelly did scream, both from the pleasure and the stinging pain that his claws and mouth created as he definitively marked what was his. The trails her nails left were healed over before his final roar of release.

She drifted back to herself more slowly than usual. Sometime in the moments between release and recovery he'd shifted so that she was laying on his chest. Her body ached. The pleasure swam through her head. His scent surrounded her. Fingertips, claw tips and the smooth backs of claws alternated as they drifted over her back and sides. In all, she was in a little slice of perfection.

He chuckled. "Grinning like the fuckin' Cheshire cat."

Kelly laughed softly. "It's all your fault. Coming back here, looking so good, touching me like you do..."

He shook his head a little. "Frail, you need your eyes examined."

She looked up at him.

He smirked. "Course I'll be goddamned if I'll let that happen."

She laughed and pressed a kiss over his heart. She relaxed against him again.

"Pizza or Chinese?"

She lifted her head and looked at him. "What?"

He brushed a few strands of hair out of her face with one claw. "We're leaving tomorrow morning and where we're going is in the middle of fuckin' nowhere so I don't think we're gonna have either one for awhile."

Kelly was silent for a long moment. "Victor-"

He wrapped a lock of her hair around one finger and he tugged until she looked at him. "You ain't really gonna argue with me."

Kelly sighed. "I don't want to argue." She moved to his side. He let her.

He shook his head. She could feel tension starting to creep into his muscles. "Frail-"

"Please, I'm just trying to understand. You said that one of the reasons you picked this place was because of the security system and it is amazing."

He glanced up at her. The tension was still there, but it wasn't getting any worse.

"I don't know as much about this stuff as you do, but I guess it just seemed to me that if no one can get in, staying here would be safer than leaving."

He pulled her head down against his shoulder. "I got two reasons for leaving. This place is in the middle of the city. Means there's too many eyes that see me come and go. Most of 'em don't notice and wouldn't give a shit if they did. Every time I come back here, or if I spend time here, the chances increase that somebody who does give a shit is gonna put two and two together."

She could feel some of the tension leaving his body.

"Other reason is if we stay, you're stuck in here."

"I know but-"

"But nothing. You been locked up enough."

She looked up into his eyes. The hardness that was usually there shifted for just a moment. He didn't need to say any more.

"Still wanna argue with me?" His fingers drifted through her hair.

She smiled a little. "No."

"Good. Pizza or Chinese?"

She kissed his shoulder. "Pizza."

12