What was She Thinking?

Story Info
Wife asks for a threesome with his best friend.
5.4k words
3.98
73.4k
66
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kenny8560
kenny8560
159 Followers

This is a story about a marriage at a crossroads and has no sex in it so be forewarned.

*******

My name is Thomas Gallagher I am a 34 about 6'1" 215 with sandy hair and blue eyes and I keep myself in good shape by playing tennis in the summer and racquetball during winter. I have been married to my wife Jolene for 12 years. She is 5'7" 130 lbs with straw blonde hair and blue eyes.

We have a daughter Dakota 7. I am an assistant district attorney for the county. Now that Dakota is older, Jolene started working part time as a legal secretary for a local law firm, Munson, Allen and Cheatham for the past six months. We have a nice four bedroom home just outside the city with a pool in the back yard.

We love to host pool parties and cookouts during the summer months for friends and co-workers. My best friend is Robert Cheatham. He is a partner at the firm where my wife works and I have known him since we were in high school. We both attended Syracuse School of Law. He was the one who hired Jolene.

We were hosting one of our weekend parties. I was frying up burgers and dogs, the kids were splashing and playing in the pool with several of the mothers keeping a watchful eye on them. Most of the guys were talking about sports and a few were pitching horseshoes. Some of the wives and significant others were sitting on the patio chatting.

Jolene was busy in the kitchen getting salads and chips ready to bring out to the table as the meat would be done soon. I noticed that Rob was in the kitchen with Jolene and they were chatting away occasionally laughing. I didn't think much about it as Rob was a fixture around our house most weekends since his divorce from Ellen.

It was a sore subject with Rob. All he would tell me about it is she decided to call it quits out of the blue and moved back to her hometown immediately after deciding to leave him. He never gave any reason and Ellen wasn't around to ask.

I know that Ellen is not an irrational person and not subject to acting on impulse. I believe that she may have caught Rob cheating on her but that is mere speculation on my part. As his friend I respected his privacy and never questioned him about it any further.

As Jolene and Rob started carrying out the food a couple of the other wives jumped up to help. I was loading the platters with burgers and dogs when Rob came over to give me a hand carrying them to the table. We set the meat down next to the rolls and condiments so everyone could help themselves.

"Come and get it while it's hot!" I said shouting out to everyone while watching the kids jumping out of the pool and make a mad dash for the table.

I went to sit down next to Jolene but noticed that Rob had already done so. So I found another seat and started digging in. As the day went on I was noticing that Jolene and Rob hardly left each other alone and that my wife had as yet to come over and speak with me at all.

This was strange as Jolene was a bit of a social butterfly and as a good hostess always made the rounds visiting with our guests. Several times she went to the coolers for drinks for Rob never bothering to offer me one.

Rob usually hangs out with me before making the rounds. I took notice and I'm sure many of our guests did as well but thankfully were too polite to bring it up in conversation. The party was winding down with everyone pitching in to help with the cleanup. The kids were tired after a long day of sun and swimming.

It was 11pm and parents were anxious to get their kids home and into bed. I was looking forward to a little alone time with Jolene in our hot tub. I went to the door and said our goodbyes as people began filing out. Soon everyone had left or so I thought. Jolene was conspicuously absent. She always came to say goodnight to people as they were leaving.

I closed the door and turning toward the kitchen saw Jolene and Rob out on the patio talking and giggling. I was more curious than suspicious as we have been friends for years. It was obvious they were up to something. I was thinking that perhaps they were planning some sort of surprise for me.

I made my way to the patio door feeling a bit put off that Rob was still hanging around. They became quiet as I approached them. "Hey, what are you two up to? I haven't seen either of you all day long."

"Honey, that isn't so, Jolene said defensively, adding, we sat down for lunch together."

"That was you and Rob my dear! This is the first time you and I have been face to face since the party started." I laughingly said. "that if I didn't know any better, I'd say you two were in cahoots."

Rob chuckled, "Nothing like that old buddy. I was simply helping Jolene out and enjoying her company as usual. Anyway, it's getting late and I need to be heading out. Goodnight guys!"

Jolene said, "Rob I'll walk you out while Tom pours me a glass of Chablis. I'll be right back."

They went inside and into the living room. Jolene was taking a long time to say goodbye and as I was sliding the patio door open, I heard Jolene finally say goodnight to Rob. Entering the kitchen I had her wine in my hand and I sat it on the countertop as she came walking into the kitchen.

"I thought you might have gotten lost!" I said to her somewhat annoyed because she knew I was waiting for her.

Jolene said, "Oh Tom, I haven't been gone that long!"

I decide to drop the conversation saying, "Well honey, I want to spend some alone time in the hot tub. Now that everyone's gone we don't even need suits."

Jolene went inside for some towels and our robes as I removed the cover and started the jets. I grabbed a beer from the cooler and brought her glass of wine down to the hot tub. Jolene was taking longer than it should take to grab towels and robes. Walking back toward the house I saw that Jolene was on the phone.

I'm wondering who she could be talking to this time of night and why she was on the phone at all especially since I was waiting for her to join me. Nearing the patio door she spotted me and hung up before I went inside.

"Who in the hell are you talking to at this time of night?" as I was feeling extremely put upon by this time.

"Oh it was just Rob." She said a bit sheepishly.

"Why did he call? For fuck's sake he just left here." Perhaps it's the prosecutor in me but now I'm getting suspicious.

"He just wanted to talk about a case we're working on that's all."

"I call bullshit Jolene. You spent the entire day talking with Rob why couldn't you have taken care of it during the entire eight hours you spent together?" I was getting angry.

Changing the subject Jolene said, "Come on let's get naked and get into the hot tub." She said while bolting out the door before I could say anything else.

I walked down to the hot tub as she was getting undressed. She was still the sexist woman I've ever known. Her breasts were still firm with large areolas and pert ¼ inch nipples. Her pussy is covered with light blonde hair which she keeps neatly trimmed. I sighed as she disappeared into the bubbling water.

Once at the tub I stripped down entering the water and letting the pressure and the heat work on my muscles. I handed Jolene her Chablis and opened my can of beer. "Here's to us!"

"Cheers." She added as we touched can to glass.

I took a sip of my beer before deciding to get an answer to my earlier question. "Jolene why was Rob calling so soon after he left and don't tell me it has to do with a case."

She was looking away unable to make eye contact with me. "Tommy I want to ask you something." Now I knew something was up as she only called me Tommy when she wants something that I most likely would say no to.

"Honey, I want to spice up our sex life a bit."

"Oh. I think we have a damn good sex life right now. So how do you propose we 'spice things up' as you say?"

"Well... she paused before going on; I thought we could try a threesome."

This came at me out of left field and I was flabbergasted to think she would suggest such a thing as I have never wanted or thought about anyone besides us in our bed. "Where in the hell is this coming from? Are you telling me that I don't satisfy you to the point you need to bring another person to our bed?"

"Tom it isn't like that at all. It's, it's..."

"To me it sounds as if means exactly that, I'm not enough. Just who are you proposing to bring to our bed?" The absurdity of the whole matter is making me madder by the minute.

"Rob. Okay, Rob! We've been discussing it over lunch and he wants to and I think I want to try it to."

I couldn't take it anymore. Jumping up and getting out of the tub grabbing my beer and flinging it across the lawn. Drying off I saw that Jolene was crying and she was looking at me with mixture of fear and shock in her eyes.

Pulling on my robe I just stared at her as she was avoiding eye contact with me. Having composing myself enough to speak I said, "So that is why you two were joined together at the hip today so much so that you couldn't bother to give your husband the time of day."

Between sobs she blurted out, "That's not true!"

"Jolene are you so self-absorbed as to not notice that you and Rob spent most of the day together? He sat next to you when we ate and you didn't even bother to greet or say goodnight to any of our other guests." I am feeling exasperated by the level of unawareness she has for her own behavior.

"That can't be true!" She said still in denial.

"It is true. Ask any of our other friends. Jolene, why now? We've known Rob for years so what is this sudden inclination to bring him to our bed? Is it perhaps that you have already shared his?"

Now it was her turn to jump out of the tub and she started pounding her fists into my chest saying, "How could you say that? You know I would never cheat on you!"

"Do I Jolene? Rob has been around us our whole life and for years we were good friends. Six months after you start working at the firm you start going to intimate lunches, discuss our sex life to the point of discussing a threesome with my best friend before speaking to me about it."

"So why would it be beyond reach to think that you and he have already tested the waters so to speak and out of guilt or some sick desire to cuckold me decided it was time to get me involved."

"Tom he's lonely and since Ellen left he hasn't been with anyone or even dated anyone. We thought that it was a way to help him out and add some zing to our sex life." She said so matter of factly as if it were some type of charitable act.

"Jolene do you even hear yourself? You have just admitted that you discussed and decided with Rob to involve him our sex life before coming to me with it. Just tell me this, who's idea was it, his or yours?"

She was looking down at her feet as she said, "Rob's."

"There you have it! My so called best friend manages to get himself divorced and now he thinks it's a good idea to sleep with my wife and she is foolish and gullible enough to buy into to it hook, line, and sinker."

She started shivering so I handed her her robe and she put it on. I took her by the shoulders and looking into her eyes I said, "Skip the dramatics this time and tell me the truth, have you already slept with Rob?"

"No, he wanted to but I told him I would only do it if you agreed to it and be a part of things. He is reluctant but if that's what needs to happen so he can get some comfort and closeness then he is willing." I'm thinking who is this woman and what has she done with my wife?

"There lies the rub. It's only because for the time being you wouldn't agree to cheat on me with him that the idea of a threesome is appealing to you. Six months ago you wouldn't have even considered sleeping with him much less ask to bring him to our bed. Soon it won't matter what I think he'll find a way to get you into his bed."

"Tom that would never, ever happen I wouldn't allow it to!" She said foolishly overconfident.

"He's already breached the notion with you and he has convinced you that you need to sleep with him as some sort of altruistic measure of friendship. He has all but completely seduced you and he is lying in wait in the shadows until you are fully convinced to give him this "comfort and closeness" by hook or by crook."

"He is hoping I refuse then he can work on you with the goal of wearing you down until you capitulate and have an affair. However, if I say yes then he will start the process of emasculating me."

"He will tell you that a real man would never agree to share you and that if you were his he never would. He will insult, ridicule, and humiliate me in your eyes until you lose any respect you have for me. Either way, he wins and we lose. If you can't see it then we are already doomed." Feeling angst I said

"Know this. I will never accept bringing Rob or anyone else into our bed, ever! In fact he is not welcome in my home or near my daughter ever again. If you can't accept that then you need to move out as I will be filing for divorce!" I deliver my ultimatum saying

"So, it's your choice, your husband and marriage or your boyfriend and divorce. If you choose your marriage you will resign your position effective immediately on Monday."

I went inside leaving her with her thoughts. I went to our bedroom and gathered up some things as I would be sleeping in the guestroom. Tomorrow I will be having a long conversation with my ex-best friend.

To say that I didn't sleep well would be an understatement. Yet I got up, showered in the guest bathroom, and dressed before Dakota got up. I didn't want to have to try and explain why Dad was sleeping in the guest bedroom.

I had Ellen's phone number and I'm hoping it hasn't changed as I decide I need to call her before Dakota gets up. I need to find out about their divorce, why it happened and get a different perspective regarding Rob's true nature and character. All I know is that he is not the same man I called my friend for 29 years.

I call the number in my phone and Ellen answers. "Hello Ellen!"

"Tom what a surprise, I never expected to hear from you again since you're Rob's friend."

"I'm sorry Ellen disappearing in the night without a word, we thought you didn't want any contact from your former life. We were friends as well and I apologize if I was less of a friend to you.

After hearing the explanation for my call, she said, "Tom I'm sorry to hear that he tried something like this. I divorced him because he was cheating on me with a secretary from his office for a second time. I would never have dreamed that he would stoop this low. God you've been friends forever."

I thanked her for her insight and sharing with me the reasons behind her divorce. Before disconnecting I told her we would keep in touch. "I would like that Tom, I miss you and Jolene."

I can't believe what a low life Rob is and how I never picked up on it before now. I guess that he is able to compartmentalize that portion of his life until he set his sights on my wife.

I put a pot of coffee on and started breakfast. Dakota came bouncing sown the stairs filled with the abundant energy of youth. "Good morning Dad!"

"Well good morning to you too!"

Looking around she said, "Where's Mom?"

"She is sleeping in a bit this morning. Eat your breakfast and then go and get ready for church." I thought to myself that Jolene most likely didn't get much sleep as well.

"Okay Dad. Except I went to your room and she wasn't in there." She said before digging in to her waffle and bacon.

I went up stairs and sure enough Jolene wasn't in the bedroom or the bath. I went to the garage and her car was still here. Puzzled I searched the rest of the house to no avail. Perhaps she went for a walk to clear her head. So I got Dakota into the car and I dropped her off at church.

I told her that I or her mother would pick her up after Sunday school. That's providing she comes home before hand. I tried calling her phone but it went straight to voicemail. So I drove home and as I was pulling in to the driveway I saw that Rob's car was parked in the driveway.

I ran into the house seeing red. I told her that he was persona non grata and not welcome here. When I entered the foyer I could hear Jolene and Rob in the living room deep in conversation. Coming in to the room I said, "What is this piece of shit doing in my house? I told you he's not welcome."

Rob chimed in "Hey old pal, your wife called me extremely upset at what transpired last night and wanted me to talk with you and clear the air. I know you're pissed but we can make this work. She wants to so why can't you give it to her? Are you that selfish?"

"Fuck you no pal of mine!" I'm livid at the hubris of this man I've known all of my life yet it seems I never really knew at all. "Is this where you went this morning? Did you go fuck him first and then bring him here? What the bloody hell are you thinking?"

"Hey asshole that's enough! Jolene and I haven't had sex, yet. She is scared of what you might do to her so she came to me in tears and asked me to come and fix things. However, it seems you don't want your wife to be happy do you?" Rob said snidely and way too overconfident in his estimation on the hold he has on my wife.

"Rob shut the fuck up or I'll throw you out through the front window!! Jolene you should be ashamed of yourself! I've never gotten physical with you nor have I ever threatened to physically harm you in any way." It is getting harder to control the anger building up inside me. "Him on the other hand I make no such promise."

"So on the false premises of "needing protection" from me why is he really here? I thought I made myself perfectly clear last night. This bastard has driven a wedge between us and has threatened our marriage."

"Today he has already accused me of threatening violence against you and made my wanting fidelity from my wife seem to be some hindrance to your happiness. Well feel hindered no longer because from this point on I no longer consider you my wife."

"I'll start the divorce proceedings tomorrow. So go upstairs pack your stuff and you and this slime ball get out of my house!"

Jolene began to sob heavily. Rob put his arms around her but she shoved him back. Then he decides to get up and come at me however I push him back down before he got fully on his feet. "You stay!" I said pointing at Rob.

"Jolene, get upstairs and pack! I told you there is no way I'd allow him to screw you with or without me as long as we're married. So now you're free to move in with him and fuck yourselves to your heart's content!"

"No I don't want a divorce! Please Tom!" Jolene said between sobs.

"You know my terms. If you want to fuck him then there is no us! I need to go and pickup our daughter from Sunday school. When I get back either him or the both of you had better be gone. I'm done talking. It's time for action Jolene so make up your mind."

"If you choose him you'll have to explain it to our daughter how you and "Uncle Rob" couldn't keep your hands off one another and her father wouldn't condone such behavior and that's why Mom is moving out. You have an hour I'm taking Dakota to lunch."

I left before I puked all over the place slamming the door on my way out. I need to compose myself for Dakota's sake. I've no idea what she'll decide. I just know that our relationship has changed. I don't trust her judgment or what she might do in the future with Rob or perhaps someone else. In my mind she has already cheated on me with him and I'm not sure I can get over it.

After we ate lunch I asked Dakota if she would like to spend the night at my Mom and Dad's. I already packed her an overnight bag. "Dad that's awesome! Grandma always bakes me chocolate chip cookies!"

I drive to my parents place and take Dakota in. "Thanks for keeping her Mom."

"You know I always love having my granddaughter around although you caught us by surprise. You usually call a couple days in advance is everything alright son?" I didn't like seeing the worried look on my Mom's face.

kenny8560
kenny8560
159 Followers
12