What We Must Ch. 01

Story Info
Bringing in new blood.
5.8k words
4.55
28.2k
61

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/03/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KemMyst
KemMyst
1,302 Followers

Dear Readers,

Following is the story of a different set of wolves from those I've been writing.

I hope you will enjoy it.

KemMyst

*****************

They were running out of time. Two women were now locked below; one was a nurse's aide, and the other, a teacher. Both were being kept in their rooms for now and, while they initially fought and yelled, they had become quiet, seemingly in shock.

Devon was getting to the point where he was considering just grabbing the next fertile female they came across. He'd spent as much time in town as he dared, but hadn't found another female who made sense to bring into the pack.

They were out hunting, trying to scare up another deer or two before winter hit and they went into lockdown with extra mouths to feed. Devon, Duncan, William, and Spencer had headed off in one direction; Marcus, Sam, Kevin, and Nick in another. Devon hoped the others were having better luck.

Suddenly, a scent on the air had them all turned in the same direction, noses up.

*****

The packs lived up in the mountains, as far as they could from human habitation. The area was rugged wilderness and there were numerous mines in the area. The air was cool and the forest full of prey. There were streams, lakes, places to run. They had been generations here. And, for generations, they had lived and died and thrived.

They lived out of doors for three seasons but had to come indoors in winter when the snow got deep. They hunted, fished, gathered, and gardened. They wore skins and furs when they weren't in their own furred form. But, over the years, they gained access to human technology. They stole into towns, got phones and solar panels.

They had only rarely been seen by the humans.

The miners had known the wolves lived here, had seen tracks and the remains of kills. Trappers had had a hard time, catching everything but wolves. Later came hikers, wandering off into the wilderness. The national forest had miles of hiking and backpacking trails but they were in deep enough that few made it that far and the trails were far removed from pack territory.

As humans encroached the packs closed ranks and, while they remained autonomous, had formed a council to address threats from various sources. The council met monthly, kept track of the packs, and made sure of their anonymity. They kept their secret by keeping away from humans and were far enough away that it had never been much of a problem.

However, squabbles still occurred. Alphas died or were killed by challengers. Females were stolen from rival packs and there were often injuries or deaths as a result. There were fights for territory. So, while they lived in proximity and cooperated, so to speak, they didn't live together necessarily peacefully.

Cooperation became essential, however, when their numbers started falling. Winters were harsh and it took a lot of work to feed the packs. Numbers shrank as deaths piled up. One of the smaller packs disappeared altogether one winter and another's few remaining members were absorbed into another pack.

His pack lived here, the McKenna pack, their range bordered by that of three other packs. Their compound had been made up to look like an extension of an old mining compound; the cabin looked old, and held more room underground than above. There had actually been a working mine at one time. However, they, along with the other packs, had developed a problem. While hardy and long-lived, while strong and fast to heal, the werewolf population overseen by the council was losing numbers. They were down to less than 20% of what they once had been. They would die out as a species if they lost any more females. They couldn't go to doctors to find out what was wrong. That could take years, even if they were able to find help. It was time for something drastic. The easiest, and quickest, way to bring their numbers back up was believed to be to bring in new blood, even if it was human blood.

And so, the council had instituted a decree. As it was the females who were dying off, they had all agreed to bring human females into the packs, in hope that they could re-establish their population. Due to their reduced size, it had been decided that each pack would start by bringing in three females, to be changed, and impregnated. In addition, any and all unmated pack females would be required to take a mate as soon as she was of age. At the next spring, if things went well, additional human females might be taken to bring the sexes into balance again.

********

She had always felt comfortable out in the woods, in fact, most of her family liked being outdoors. Being alone in the outdoors always cleared her mind. Her current, no, ex-boyfriend had recently dumped her because she wasn't wild enough for him. Hmph, he was the one who had had problems with her going off walking by herself and yelled at her for bungee jumping. And, she knew she should probably be at home, calling everyone she'd ever met, looking for a new job. But, the severance package had been good and she had some savings. Her family still thought she was a little nuts for just taking off into the woods for ten days. She just needed to be somewhere right now where she didn't have to think about this sudden shift in her life, what she was going to do, and where she would end up.

Her pickup was down the hill, parked at a trailhead. She had told the park rangers her basic route and when she planned to return. Other than that, she wanted to be left alone.

On the third day, she figured she was well over 40 miles in and away from the weekend hikers. She decided to get off the trail. She was taking her time, not in a hurry to get anywhere in particular, just enjoying the warm fall days and the changing colors of the foliage. She had followed a rarely used lane and found the concrete wall earlier in the day and, while she may have been curious, she had no wish to intrude on anyone else's privacy, so she walked off in another direction, further into the woods. She made camp that afternoon on a pretty little ridge above a small stream.

Dumping her pack, she walked out to enjoy the rest of the afternoon, and to pick some of the late berries from a stand she had spotted earlier. She was intent on her picking, but was getting purple stains on her fingers and lips as she tasted some of the fruit.

She was headed back to her camp when a shadow crossed in front of her. Startled by the movement, she stopped briefly then moved forward to where the animal had crossed. Looking around for any sign of it, she dropped down, trying to find a track, and began talking to herself, analyzing what she had seen. "OK, doglike, but too big for a coyote. Maybe it's from that compound." Her finger traced the barest outline of a paw print, a big one. "OK, I really don't think I want to meet up with one of them." She looked around her more closely and hoped not to see movement. "Great, now I'm gonna hafta move camp and I won't get any sleep tonight."

After heaving a sigh, she headed back toward her camp, thinking she might start dinner, snitching a few more berries from her container.

She stopped dead when she saw the wolf in her path. "Shit!" The animal didn't start at the noise, stood its ground and looked at her. "OK, no sudden moves." She lifted a finger to her mouth, wet it, and brought it back down. "The breeze is blowing towards it, why is it standing there?"

She started to back away as the animal now turned towards her and took a step in her direction. "Shit." She stood still; it stood still. She slowly turned to one side, looking around for a means of escape since it was clearly interested in her. There was another wolf behind her. "Shit, shit, shit."

She backed up, slowly, away from them, which worked fine until she stumbled backwards into a tree. A third wolf came into view. He was larger than the other two, and dark. Her chest began heaving as she looked at the three wolves ringed before her. "OK, there's never been a confirmed attack of a wolf on a human in the U.S. The weather's been pretty good so they shouldn't be hungry and it isn't the season for pups. But if they're rabid..." She looked at them as one advanced on her. "Don't look rabid, what the hell?" She threw the berry container at the closest one. It ducked but stood its ground.

She decided on bravado. She waved her arms and yelled at them. "Go on! Go away!" While the one on the right startled slightly, the other two held their ground. Her right hand went into her pocket and she pulled out a knife. Without taking her eyes off them, she found the thumb knurl and flicked it open. "Look guys, I really don't want any of us hurt, so let's just say we all go on about our business and I'll get out of your hair."

*****

Devon listened to the human female as she assessed the situation and tried a number of things to get them to leave.

She had long brown hair, held in a large braid down her back, brown eyes; fairly athletic-looking, her legs were tan and toned. Out here by herself so, obviously, pretty healthy. She was a little older than he would have liked but, hey, beggars couldn't be choosers. He smelled the fear on her, but she was holding her ground, not panicking. The other scent coming off her had them all hyperaware of her presence.

*****

The boldest wolf came closer and she held the knife tightly. He didn't make a threatening move but came closer, closer. She stood still as he sniffed her leg and her chest heaved. Then the tongue extended and he licked her thigh. "OK, can we all go back to our business now?"

She squeaked when his nose suddenly entered the leg of her shorts and he sniffed at her crotch. Then she jumped when she felt his tongue on her labia. She never wore panties out in the woods; never seeing the need for them, especially since they got in the way when she had to pee. The tongues of the other two wolves were out, lolling. Her eyes opened wide as she watched the cock on the wolf at her feet start to roll out from its sheath. "Oh, no, no, no." She noticed the other two were also male and that their cocks were beginning to drip. "I'm not into some kindof bachelor wolf gangbang." As the wolf before her pulled back a bit a huge black wolf came out of the brush and growled.

The wolf at her feet backed off, tail between its legs.

She looked at the new wolf; his eyes were a startling shade of blue. Weren't all wolves' eyes brown? "OK, so you're the man in charge. What are we doing?"

*****

Devon was impressed by this female. She was frightened but not panicking and seemed to be figuring out what was going on. Backed against the tree, as she was, there was no easy way to herd her to the compound. Not to mention the knife she still had clutched in her hand. But the fact that she hadn't already stabbed Spencer with it was a good sign.

He took another whiff of her heady scent. The pheromones were coming off her in waves; she smelled wonderful. They'd never have another chance like this. That was it, he had to get her back with them - she was their third.

What to do now? Rush her? No, that was likely to get someone, probably her, hurt. Only one thing for it then...

*****

She watched, not quite believing her eyes, as the huge wolf began to shift shape. The muzzle shortened, ears dropped, the tail retreated, chest expanded, and paws became hands and feet. Another of them began to shift as well.

"You have got to be kidding me!"

Male, virile, and aroused. "You're coming with us."

"No, no, no way." She continued staring at them, wide-eyed, while shaking her head and brandishing the knife.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to do this. But I have to."

"NO! I will not be some sex slave to a bunch of werewolves." Devon flinched. That's essentially what she would be, taken against her will, locked up, forced to become one of them and mated with him, then Duncan, then maybe Marcus.

"I have no choice." The other 'man' moved one way; the leader moved the other. They moved closer, both sporting large erections, as the other two wolves sat and watched.

She yelled "No", one more time as they moved in to take her. She plunged the knife into Devon's shoulder and he roared, but did not let go. He and Duncan dragged her, kicking and screaming, to her campsite.

Taking some cords, her hands and feet were tied together. Devon pulled the knife from his shoulder, cleaned it in the stream, then brought it back and dropped it into her pack.

He rummaged in her pockets, ignoring her obvious revulsion, then looked through the pockets in her pack. He found the keys to her truck and tossed them to one of the other wolves. "Duncan, Spencer. See if you can backtrack to her car. Bring it back if it looks useful. If not, bring anything useful from inside it."

"William, bring the gear."

She watched as he reached for her. She tried to get away, not that she could get far, and struggled in his grasp. He easily threw her over his shoulder and took off for the compound. She pounded against his back with her fists, this having no apparent effect on the beast hauling her off for god only knew what.

He ran to the compound she had passed earlier. There were three men outside butchering a deer.

She was hauled into a cabin. He barely acknowledged the men and women he passed on the way. The women, one of whom looked like she'd been crying, were preparing dinner. None of them looked very happy. She noticed that every male they passed sniffed, turned, and looked at her.

They went deeper, past some very solid looking doors. She was being hauled into some sort of bunker.

Turning a corner, he kicked open a door, and turned on the light. He gently deposited her on the bed in the room. He removed the baseball cap she was wearing and untied her hands. Turning away, he quickly left the room. She heard a bolt being thrown as she worked to untie her feet and tried to get the blood flowing back to her extremities.

****

Devon blew out a breath and leaned against the door. He swatted at his throbbing erection. "You aren't helping any."

He headed for his own room and threw on a pair of buckskin pants. Lily knocked on his door and walked in. "Devon, what's going on? Where did you find her?" She noticed the blood on his shoulder. "Come; let's get you patched up. How did this happen?"

"She stabbed me in the shoulder, Grandmother. How are the other two faring?"

"Still hiding in their rooms. I've tried to talk with them but all they do is sit with almost blank expressions on their faces. They are still too afraid to listen to us."

"Damn, I had hoped they would have loosened up by now. Maybe this one will help."

"Sit." Devon sat on a chair as she fetched peroxide and clean cloths. "Where did you find her? Where are the others?"

"We were out hunting near Little Creek when we picked up her scent. I've never smelled anything like it."

"She had a camp by the creek and we watched her picking berries. We made sure she was alone and, then, caught her on the way back. She pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the shoulder when Duncan and I grabbed her."

William walked in carrying her pack and the bundled tent. He dumped them on the floor beside Devon. He then straightened and went to the kitchen, where he greeted his mate, grabbed her, and hauled her to their bedroom.

"Duncan and Spencer have gone after her car. I'm not sure when they'll be back."

She finished taping the bandage over his wound. "And what was going on with all the men around here all of a sudden?"

"You don't smell it?"

"What?"

"Her."

"Well, Devon, if that's the reaction she elicits from the men of this pack, you may well have bitten off more than you can chew."

*****

She'd gone over the room, twice. The doorknob turned, but the door didn't open. The hinges were tight enough that she couldn't move them without a tool of some sort. She'd moved both the bed and the dresser, and checked underneath. Standing on the chair, she checked the light fixture. She then went after the air ducts.

Nothing. No windows and no way out. She was stuck here and they were going to do whatever they were going to do to her. Considering the reaction of the males she had been caught by, and the others they had passed, she concluded that she was just the newest sexual toy in the group.

She pounded the bed in frustration. Her family had told her she'd likely get into trouble running around in the woods by herself. They had no idea. And neither did she.

She went to the pitcher on the nightstand and drank some water. Then, she pulled her bandanna from her pocket, dampened it and wiped off some of the grime from the trail.

There was nothing in the dresser drawers. The only coverings on the bed were skins, from the hair on them they looked like they had come from a bear. She pulled off her hiking boots and socks, and sat crosslegged on the bed, thinking. She could probably break the chair up and use pieces of it as a weapon, but there were too many of them and they were too strong.

Her eyes filled with tears that she wiped away angrily before she got ahold of herself. She pulled off her clothing, folding it neatly, and placed the items on the chair. She didn't know when they would come for her, but she wanted to keep what little clothing she had intact. She returned to sitting on the bed, naked, a determined but resigned looked on her face.

*****

Devon reached beside him for her pack and began to pull items from it. There were the usual camping items: A small stove, pans, utensils, dried food, water filter. Soap, shampoo, toilet paper, feminine items. Sleeping bag, groundcloth. Then the clothing, pants, shirts, a jacket, raingear. Then, a utility tool, another knife, a striker to start fires, wire for a snare, a small saw, a fantasy book, and a journal. Lightstick, compass, mirror, athletic tape, waterbottle, first aid kit. Protein bars and fuel for the stove. Lighter and a small music player. A GPS, a couple of batteries. Her cellphone. Some cash.

There was no ID or any idea of who she was or where she came from. He went to the computer and typed in the name on the baseball cap. He was surprised and pleased to find that it was a chemical company. But, the question was, did she work for them or did she get the cap from a brother or boyfriend?

He replaced most of the items, not allowing her anything to hurt herself or light the place on fire. One by one, the other men came over to him, asking about her. Who was she? Where did they find her? Kevin had grabbed his mate and they had gone off to their bedroom as well.

Nick was eyeing Beth.

She and Lily were the only ones working on dinner now. Devon went over to help, nudged Nick, and sent Marcus back out to work on the deer.

Abbie and William came back out, looking a little flushed and smelling of sex. Abbie came back to help finish with dinner and William gave her a kiss, a grope, and a knowing looked as he headed outside to help with the deer.

****

With dinner ready to be served, Devon sent Lily after Amanda and Terry. Knowing how he felt and having seen the way the other men had responded to her, he decided it would be best if he brought their third to the table. He'd have to find out what her name was.

He knocked on the door to warn her, then threw the bolt and opened it. He was shocked to see her sitting on the bed, naked and shivering. Her scent had built in the enclosed space and almost overpowered him. "Wha.. what are you doing?"

She laid back on the bed and turned her face away from him. "Let's just get this over with."

She was lying naked on the bed, rigid, waiting for him to force himself on her. He clenched his fists, the nails biting into his palms, as the bulge in his pants grew. He blew out a huge breath, and placed her pack on the floor beside the door. It was just after the new moon; he should have much better control than this. "I came to invite you to dinner. The food is ready and we'd like you to join us."

KemMyst
KemMyst
1,302 Followers
12