What Would You Have Done?

Story Info
He thought she was being raped.
2.6k words
3.61
166.5k
35
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 07/20/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zeke81
zeke81
1,975 Followers

What would you have done?

What would your reaction have been if you came home from a business trip two days early, heard noises coming from your bedroom, had gone down the hall to investigate and found your sweet innocent wife tied to the bed with a gag in her mouth as a large man you've never seen before violently had his way with her?

I think that my reaction was the right one given the circumstances that I discovered in the bedroom that day.

To me it looked like my wife was being raped. The man was much bigger than me so I stood no chance of helping my wife without a weapon.

As a hunter I have two deer rifles so before the man saw me I snuck down the hall, retrieved one of the rifles, went back to the bedroom and fired a round into the back of his head.

Should I have tried to get him to stop without killing him? Yes, there's no doubt that I should have tried, but it appeared to me that the man was raping my wife. She was crying, she was screaming through the gag, she couldn't fight him because she was tied up, and he was treating her very rough; what was I supposed to do when I discovered a scene like that? I had to stop him no matter what and the only way I could be sure of doing that was to shoot.

At close range the high powered round entered the back of his head and as it left through his forehead it caused the whole front of his head to explode outward splattering the bedroom with blood and bits of brain, skull, skin, and hair.

He collapsed forward onto my wife who had a look of absolute fear and terror in her eyes as I rolled his body off of her and she saw me for the first time.

I pulled the gag from her mouth and asked her if she was okay, and told her everything was going to be alright as I began untying her.

When she was loose I expected her to be quite shaken by her experience and to hold me as her hero, but she didn't. She got off the bed, grabbed the phone and called 911 immediately.

I went to hold her, but she pushed herself away from me with a look of terror in her eyes.

The first words that she said to me were to beg me not to kill her. I looked at her in amazement and asked her why she thought I was going to kill her. She reminded me of the numerous times that I'd said that if I ever caught her cheating I'd kill her lover; then I'd kill her.

I don't really know if I had meant it or not, but I had said that many times. Anyone that knows us can tell you that I've always been very possessive when it comes to my wife. I don't like it when other men ask her to dance so I certainly wouldn't have wanted to share her with other men. Would I have killed her for cheating on me? I don't know.

I told her that I didn't consider being tied up and raped cheating and she broke down in tears. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that what I had walked in on wasn't rape, it was completely consensual. She had wanted to be tied up, gagged, and treated rough by her lover.

She had invited the man over to do that to her. That's when I broke down crying.

If the gun had been in my hands at that moment I don't know whether I would have pulled the trigger or not, but luckily the gun was where I'd dropped it across the room after I had shot the man that now lay dead on our bed.

Before I had a chance to decide whether to go pick up the gun or not the police showed up and with guns drawn they took me into custody and after letting my wife wash the blood off of her body and get dressed they took her down to the station for questioning.

My brother is a lawyer so he came down to be with me as I gave my statement to the police.

I told them exactly what had happened. I had come home early from a business trip and found my wife tied and gagged on the bed as a large man roughly and violently ravaged her body. To any normal person that stumbled across such a scene the immediate thing to think would be that it was rape. I knew that I had no chance of winning a fight against him and if I called the cops he would continue to rape her until they showed up and might get away. I had to stop him so I retrieved my gun. The husband in me saw my wife being raped in our own bed and snapped. I pulled the trigger and the deed was done.

They booked me on a murder charge.

They also took a statement from my wife, but I didn't find out what she had said until she testified during my trial.

During the trial my wife was put on the witness stand and she explained that she had been having an affair with the man that I had killed for several months. She testified that she believed that I had no idea about the affair because she felt that if I had known I would have divorced her on the spot. She testified that on the date in question she thought I was still going to be away on business so she had called her lover over to live out one of her fantasies. She described her fantasy of being completely helpless and being used in a rough manner. She described how she had been tied to the bed, she described how she had been gagged, and she described what her lover had done to her before I got there and what he was doing when I entered the room. She made it clear that her fantasy was to essentially be raped in a controlled situation with someone that she knew and trusted.

She said that since I did not know that she was having an affair, since I had never met the man that was her lover, and because of the similar appearance of what was happening to an actual rape that there was only one conclusion I could have made when I entered the room that day.

She testified that she believed that there was no premeditation in what I had done. She testified that she did not believe that it was an act of revenge. When the prosecutor asked why she believed that it wasn't premeditated or revenge my wife shocked everyone when she replied that her being alive was proof that I believed it was rape and not an affair.

When asked to explain she told them about how I had frequently said that if I ever caught her cheating on me I would kill both her and her lover. She believed that I was serious about that threat so the fact that I hadn't killed her was proof that I had no idea about an affair and thought that what I had walked in on that day was a rape.

I don't know whether telling the jury about my threats helped or hurt my case. It demonstrated that I was the jealous type and thought that I was capable of killing, but I had threatened to kill her and her lover if I caught her cheating and I had only killed her lover so maybe it demonstrated that I truly believed that it was a rape.

The jury finally decided that I wasn't guilty of premeditated murder, but I had still killed another person and it had not been in direct self defense so I was convicted of some manslaughter charge and sent to jail for three years.

I wanted to file for divorce, but my wife begged me to reconsider and I told her that if she could spend the entire three years of my confinement without having sex with anyone and then look me in the eye and make me believe that she still loved me and that she'd remained faithful during my imprisonment I would consider a reconciliation. I still loved her and even after cheating on me she seemed to still love me.

She agreed to my terms. I wasn't about to take her at her word so I had my friends and family keep their eyes on her to see if she was cheating on me, then they would report to me with what they saw.

There were several instances where she spent a suspicious amount of time alone with a guy, but nobody could prove anything, and obviously there was no way that they could follow her 24 hours a day for 3 years so she was unobserved a good portion of the time and who knows what she was doing at those times.

She definitely seemed like she hadn't had sex for three years when I got out because she came to pick me up at the prison and we were both so horny that we had to stop three times on the way home to have sex in the car.

When we got home I wasn't really home. My wife had decided that what had happened was too traumatic for her to continue to live in that house so she had sold it and moved a few miles away. It was a pretty nice house, and all of my stuff was set up like I had been living there with her. I swear she even had a dirty laundry pile for me.

As soon as she'd finished with the tour she was all over me again. For the first two weeks after I got out we were having sex 3 or 4 times a day.

Finally, the second Saturday morning after I'd gotten out, we were lying in bed holding each other after another amazing round of sex when I asked the question that I'd wanted to ask for three years.

I asked my wife if she had loved the man that I had killed. She tried to push away from me, but I held her close to me and was not about to let go. I asked her again if she had loved him.

After looking me in the eyes for a while she said that she wasn't sure that it was love, but that she did have feelings for him.

I asked her if she had planned on leaving me for him and she said that she would never leave me. I asked her if the sex was better with him than it was with me and she said that it was no better, it was just different because she could be adventuresome with him but she was worried about trying new things with me.

Then it was her turn to ask a question that no doubt she'd wanted to ask for three years.

She asked me why I had pulled the trigger instead of trying to talk things out.

I responded by telling her to try to put herself in my shoes.

Imagine that you come home early and find your sweet, innocent, perfect spouse tied to the bed and gagged. They are being used in a very rough manner by someone that you have never seen before and that you stand no chance against in a fight.

You're mad as hell as you hold the rifle and think about what to do. In your eyes this person is raping your spouse, and that fills you with rage.

You know that if you go and call the police the rape will continue until they arrive and you can't let that happen, it has to be stopped immediately.

It's also possible that the person could finish what they're doing and try to leave before the police arrive and you can't allow that to happen, you can't let them just walk away after raping the person that you love.

Even with a gun in your hands it's possible that if you were to attempt a verbal confrontation they would get aggressive and leave you no option but to shoot to defend yourself. As nervous as you would be in such a situation your aim might not be very good and you could miss with the first shot. In a small room one shot is all you would get before they were on top of you. They would easily be able to get the gun away from you. You would have given a pissed off rapist a weapon.

Faced with that situation your only option is to shoot before they know that you're there. That's the only way that you can save your spouse from this horrible person that is raping her.

I'd had a lot of time in prison to think through what had happened and I had found a way to rationalize what I had done.

After I explained it to my wife there was a long silence. She had a sad look on her face as she looked into my eyes, then she turned and looked away at the wall for a minute. Then she turned back with a smile on her face.

I was confused so I asked her what she was smiling about.

She said that it wasn't until just then that she had realized why I had shot her lover. She said that she had thought I had shot him to take revenge against him for raping her, but she said that she now realized that it wasn't about taking revenge on the man for what he was doing, it was about saving her and ending what I had viewed as an unwanted situation.

She said that she now understood that the gun shot had nothing to do with hurting the man that was having sex with her; it was about freeing her from the ropes, the gag, and the seemingly unwanted sex being forced upon her by the man.

She said that even though she had willingly invited her lover over and had asked him to tie her up, gag her, and then use her body in such a rough manner she was thrilled and moved that I loved her enough that I would kill to free her from such a situation.

She then asked me a question that I'm certain we had both been asking ourselves for the past three years.

She asked me if I would have killed her too if I had been holding the rifle when she confessed to her affair with the man that I'd killed.

I told her that I had been asking myself that question every day for three years and had not been able to come up with an answer. I told her that I was very glad that I wasn't holding the rifle at the time so we didn't have to find out. Then I said I wanted to leave that behind us so we would never know what I would have done.

We're still married, it's a little weird at times because somebody will bring up what happened and my response to them is always the same....

What would you have done?

What would you have done?

zeke81
zeke81
1,975 Followers