The Azra-El Series Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

D5834: Mr. Mister 'Broken Wings'? The lyrics do fit for Blaze and Jie Er. However, I don't think it quite matches my imagination of Vida's Lullaby. But hey, that's ok :).

ViktorReeds: Thank you for your sweet comment. WhiteWalls? Could you send me a link? I wish to know who you are comparing to :). The next arc is the demonic arc, so they will appear quite soon.

Anonymous (I will truly miss you): Oi, don't kill me off so soon. Haha. When I first started, I didn't care enough to improve my grammar, but that has changed. I hope you've noticed the difference, and I am glad you kept going until you began to appreciate the story. I am sorry for making it seem as if I've left without notice. I did leave a note on my profile, but I guess most people missed it.

I hope this chapter was worth the time I made you wait. I hope my stories will continue providing you a safe haven from whatever it is that you are going through. Your words may sound cheesy to others but they really do make me glad. Knowing that my writing has given solace to someone is more than I could ask for :).

RanceSama: You finally came back?! I was thinking that you messed around with Momo too much and got your 'head' bitten off. Glad you are back, though, as sober as you could possibly be. This dragon needs his chapterly dose of madness.

Fiora and Alice: They may have to take a break for a little while, but they are not gone from the story :P.

Which mother did Blaze think was the better cook?

Maybe he was talking about his Earthly mother...

Why didn't Momo think of it?

Because she is a pure soul. Even you can't corrupt her pure carnike brain.

Do you know what this space dragon calls an angel threesome?

A Triangle!

Jeffery -- be careful around that one -- she may turn out to be more than you bargained for. Jefferey will be back in some future chapter for sure :).

Also, Jefferey isn't dead. How did she get to Earth? Did you finally make your way to Azra-El through Momo's help? Oh, how I rue this day! Those poor, poor, angels and demons. Well, now I am glad that Jefferey is around...

Vici, Vidi, Veni - CD

Anonymous (Love-hate Relationship): Love Hate Relationship

Hey Anon! Thank you for sharing your opinion, and I am glad you still love the story despite not liking the fact that I never reveal much about Blaze's past.

I must confess that I do regret not exploring more of Blaze's past life in the initial chapters of the story. It was partly intentional, and partly because this was just a wish fulfilment wet dream until around chapter 7. Then I realized the story's potential and began to focus on the details.

By then, however, I was too deep to suddenly begin exploring other aspects of his previous life. I will still do it, obviously, but it will be very slow compared to the rest of the story. Maybe, I will change that in the re-write (if/when I get to it).

Anyway, I would like to raise some points or questions or whatever you may call them, in response to your own. Just for the sake of discussion.

1. Firstly, I wanted to let you know that there has always been a 'story' behind Blaze's reincarnation. It's a part of the larger story. Me not completely revealing it is partly because of it 😊.

2. If you love the idea of being transferred to another world, why do you want to read about MCs struggling or wishing to come back to their own? (Just curious)

3. I do mention that Blaze was raised in a stable and moderately well to do family. He is also quite attached to his friends. So, I am sure he misses his friends and family from his previous life. I realize that I do not raise this issue very much, but I would think it can be assumed. I will try to add more of his emotions in the rewrite.

4. Blaze has always been an adaptable and easy-going person, despite his occasional emotional outbursts.

Now, he was reincarnated or transported to an entirely different world without any memories of how he got there or why he was sent there. Currently he thinks his existence in Azra-El is a freak accident of nature -- Elyssa initially considered the possibility of false memories -- a brain can do that when it can't make sense of a large amount of information. Blaze is not even sure if Azra-El is in the same universe. I mentioned that he started his bachelor's in the sciences (Physics/Math) -- he knows enough to realize that traveling to a potentially different universe is next to impossible -- unless there is a 'magical wormhole' somewhere -- there has been no indication of this, yet. Also, is he in the same time period? It is quite possible that he has been 'reincarnated' years into the future. Then, none of the people he knows will still be alive on Earth. If so, is there a point in going back? Can his new body survive in Earth's environment? Maybe, it can't live without energy.

In any case, my point is that it is pretty unrealistic for him to wish to go back or hope to go back, unless he runs into a real God or Goddess. So, Blaze chooses not to worry about such things, when he's perfectly happy in this world.

5. This is a personal opinion. I've moved a lot as a child. The longest I stayed in any one place was for my Bachelor's. So, I've never been attached to places. Family, yes. Friends-- only from college. If I was transported to a different world like Azra-El, there will be little incentive for me to come back to Earth, especially if I believe that I may be years apart from Earth. Now, I would think of my family and friends, but I won't be constantly yearning to go back to them. Does that make any sense? Closest analogy I can think of is my granny who has passed away. I think of her, but I am not stressing over meeting her in the afterlife.

6. There is a motivation that Blaze has carried over. The quest for knowledge. It's not merely the curiosity of a child. He may express his wish to be 'lazy', but he is always reading or learning something. He has mentioned to the Wise One of the Ophanim that he wanted to be good at everything- that's not a wish that's unrelated to his experiences from Earth. On Earth, he didn't have time to learn everything; here he may. Yes, that's a wishy washy, and not a concrete goal, but it suits Blaze's personality. Besides, it's only been a year of existence in this world. There is plenty of time and story for him to develop a real goal.

7. Finally, why is it a necessity for the reader to know of Blaze's previous life? Why not make sense of it through his current actions and current thoughts? This story is being told from Blaze's perspective, but he is not the one writing it. I personally never liked being given the MCs entire background. Why? Because then I could not imagine the MC to be anyone I want to in my imagination.

I think that's all I can cover for now. I realize that you may wish to know more about Blaze, right now, but that is not how I wish to tell my story. However, I do want to assure you that Blaze's reincarnation is not some easy way to introduce modern humor or ideas. And even if it is, does it matter if you like the rest of the story? Blaze's past is not currently important to the story, but when it does become important, I promise that you will know more.