When Darkness Calls Ch. 05

Story Info
Dazed and confused.
2.2k words
4.56
16.6k
3

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/04/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The angel stood stiffly beside the foreign bed and Light blinked her eyes again to clear her fuzzy vision. She slowly sat up and looked around the room. It was wide, with flowing white curtains and a spectacular view of the forest. There were dark oak dressers facing the window on the right side of the room and the carpet was a rich burgundy. Light let her gaze roam and then it locked onto the angel.

"What...where...I..." She got the words out forcibly, her voice hoarse. She was trying to remember, trying to form a rational thought.

"May I ask whom you are?" The angel said in his velvet voice.

Light rose up and put her feet over the side of the queen-sized bed, holding the scarlet comforter against her naked breasts, and put her head in her heads, trying to focus past the pounding in her head.

"I will give you a moment of peace miss, although we desperately need to talk." he murmured in a rough tone, and turned his way to the door, then pausing for a moment at the entrance. "You may address me as Dante, there are some clothes in the wardrobe you may wear. When you feel well enough, come downstairs and all will be revealed." And with that final word, the mysterious angel left.

Light stood on shaky legs and walked to the wardrobe. Something was wrong, and she tried to pinpoint the difference. She didn't feel the same as usual, it was as if everything was magnified, she could hear a light thumping and smell rust and salt.

She leaned against the wardrobe as she arrived there, letting it support her entire length and weight, resting her pounding head against the cool surface. Time seemed to blend together. Raising her hand up, she put it on her neck and ran her hand across the expanse of it. She was surprised to find something unfamiliar, a small indention about the size and width of a full-sized egg. It had very thin skin on it, like it was healing, and it was tender. She raised both hands up and cupped her neck, trying futilely to remember, just a glimmer of something. But all she remembered was pain. A blinding and overwhelming pain that melted everything else.

Light groaned and gripped the knobs that kept the dresser closed, and pulled. It was an effort on her part, she felt like shit. There were many kinds of clothes in the wide expanse of the closet, of all different shapes and sizes. From faded woman's jeans and clean t-shirts, to sequined dresses. None of the shoes there would fit her, but she managed to find a comfortable pair of pants and a thin, faded shirt. She couldn't find a bra. After she was finished dressing, there was a fine sheen of sweat on her forehead. Light just plopped on the floor and caught her breath. Every movement of her ribs seemed to be exhausting. She leaned the back of her blond head against the dresser, listening to the thumping.

"Are you alright, miss?" a masculine voice said from the door, it wasn't the angel though, instead there was a bronze-haired man standing at the door. He wasn't as muscular as the angel, but he looked strong, and he had a slight smile on his features. He looked friendly, and his dark eyes were open, but it didn't mean she trusted the angel or him. Light backed her way into the corner, until she felt her back muscles aching, he must of taken that as conformation that she wasn't alright because his mouth tightened and he stepped forward. She simply closed her eyes, and tried to tune everything out.

"Chaos." she heard from the doorway and leaned farther back into the corner. "Leave now, this isn't the time." she knew that voice from anywhere, it was the angel, and to her surprise he sounded slightly aggravated.

The man named Chaos sighed and she opened her eyes, looking forward. He was about a foot away from her, and the angel was standing in the doorway. Chaos abruptly turned on his feet and left the room, nodding at the angel as he passed. Light shook her head. No. He wasn't an angel, he said his name was Dante, she needed to remember that.

"I'm terribly sorry, Chaos isn't really that much of a people person." The man named Dante said to her conversationally, and she noticed that he had brought a tray of something up. "You didn't come down for so long, that some of them were beginning to worry." he said grudgingly and set the platter down.

"I see." she said, and was surprised at how her voice sounded. She didn't even recognize it, it sounded so rough and strangled. She looked curiously at the platter that sat on her bed. There wasn't anything there except for a large, clear glass filled with a red liquid. "I don't have an appetite, I'm feeling funny." she said and was surprised when the corners of his mouth turned up.

"Drink anyway." he murmured and grabbed the glass off of the tray, shoving it towards her. It was the same smell that had tainted her nostrils earlier, salt and iron. He looked at her curiously as she examined the liquid, eyeing it reproachfully.

"What...is this?" she asked.

"Blood, animal blood to be exact." he said simply and pushed it up towards her trembling mouth.

"No! No! Please stop...please...no." she whimpered and spit up when he poured some of the blood into her mouth. It tasted good, but this was crazy! He expected her to drink blood?! "Stop!" she shouted loudly.

He just grimaced and tried a different approach. He quickly put the liquid into her mouth and before she could spit it back up, his lips were on her own. She gasped in surprise and the liquid went down her throat. His fingers circled her neck and followed the downward path that the blood made. He pressed her braless chest to his and his mouth slanted and made a slight suction. His tongue made contact with hers, and he lightly explored her mouth, groaning and then pulling away. His eyes had fire in them, and she wondered what he saw in her own, because they immediately dimmed down as he examined her.

"That was extremely rude, I apologize. But, you really need to eat." he said almost desperately and put the cup into her hands. "If you don't want me to force all of it into your mouth the same way, drink." She was scared at the threat, and in an act of self-preservation gulped down a large amount of the liquid. It burned her tongue as it went down, but was satisfying as it got to her stomach. When the cup was drained, she simply dropped the cut and put her head up to her knees. She couldn't see Dante, but knew that he was staring. She could feel it.

"What...what's wrong with me?" she stammered and slammed her eyes closed, hoping her expression wouldn't give away how scared she was. But he was a predator, she didn't know how she knew that, but she knew he was. And he could sense her fear. She felt his hand drop to her shoulder, a calming gesture. Then, from nearby, she heard a vicious growl. *****

After the woman had woke, Dante left the room quickly, irritated that she couldn't really speak well. If he had to admit it to himself, he would have to say he was almost eager to speak with her. To just learn a little about her to erase the cloud of elusiveness and mystery surrounding her in exotic waves. She was enticing, even in a confused and dazed state.

He found himself thinking about the way she had pulled the cover over her beautiful breasts. He knew they were beautiful because when he had taken all of the bloody clothes from her body. They were a full handful, with light pink nipples dusting the tops. And a small crescent shaped birth mark on the right one. They had been mesmerizing, but he couldn't allow that to get in his way of being her patron.

Patrons protected their students. Sheltered them, fed them, and took care of all of their potential need. They didn't have fantasies about their students; they didn't desire their students. But he had to admit, she was very desirable. He was disgusted at himself.

Alice, Fabrian, and Chaos were in the living room. Alice and Chaos playing a game of chess beside the blazing fire and Fabrian flipping through the channels on the wide-screen television. When he came into the room, they all turned their heads toward him. He knew what they wanted to ask. He sighed.

"Just ask." he muttered and plopped into the a pale brown leather couch and stretched his legs out. He flipped one of his hands over his eyes and waited for what he knew was coming.

"How is she?" Alice was the first to actually have the courage to ask.

"She's...awake." Dante said and looked over at his students. They seemed to have gone back to their original tasks, but he saw that they were looking at him from the corner of their eyes.

And he closed his eyes and rested. An hour passed by slowly when he finally started wondering what was happening with the woman. Didn't he ask her to come down? Chaos must have noticed what was bothering him, because he gracefully stood up and smoothed his hands down his black jeans, then walked over to Dante.

"I'm going to go check on her." Chaos said offhandedly to Dante. He didn't like that idea, but nodded anyway. Chaos smiled widely and marched up the stairs, heading towards the woman's room. Though he was only walking, it was faster than a human pace. Dante groaned and rolled off the couch, flipping his feet forward and landing on the floor. He went to the kitchen quickly and grabbed a tray that he had fixed earlier. He then trailed off to the woman's room.

"Are you all right, miss?" he heard Chaos ask and went to the doorway. The woman was huddled in the corner with her eyes tightly closed, her lips were trembling and she looked on the verge of fainting. Apparently it was because of Chaos. He was standing about a foot from the woman.

"Chaos." he said, angry at himself for being angry. It's not like Chaos meant to scare her.

"Leave now, this isn't the time." Dante told Chaos with a glint in his eyes. Chaos simply smirked at him, and walked towards the door. He nodded in a mocking way as he headed past him.

Dante scowled after Chaos and then turned his attention back to the young woman. Her hair was wild, and her face was pale. He didn't really know if it was pale from the vampiric transformation or if she was just scared. He suspected that it was both.

"I'm terribly sorry, Chaos isn't really that much of a people pleaser." he said as a way of apology, and turned the tray that he had brought towards the bed.

"You didn't come down for so long, that some of us were beginning to worry." he said. He almost felt embarrassed, he had worried about her the most. Then he set the platter down.

"I see." she said speculatively. Her voice was strangled. Then she looked over to the platter he had set down, obvious curiosity in her hazel eyes. "I don't have an appetite, I'm feeling funny." the woman said and he raised his eyes up, he knew.

"Drink anyway." he said, worried about her lack of appetite. He didn't want her to become weak. He grabbed the glass and forced it towards her.

"What...is this?" she asked almost suspiciously. He decided to give her the truth.

"Blood, animal blood to be exact." he said promptly and tried yet again to push it towards her.

"No! No! Please stop...please...no." this plea surprised him, but he couldn't give up. "Stop!" she shouted.

He grimaced, secretly relishing what he was going to have to do. He put the blood into her beautiful mouth and then, his lips. She gasped, and he took the opportunity to thrust his tongue in her mouth. His fingers circled her chest, and he realized that she was braless. He made a slight suction with his mouth and explored her mouth, loving the taste. He felt his erection pushing against his pants, and pulled away with a groan. She, however, looked afraid.

"That was extremely rude, I apologize. But, you really need to eat." he said with renewed desperation and put the cup in her hands, noticing that they were trembling. "If you don't want me to force all of it into your mouth the same way, drink." He was disappointed when she obeyed, wanting to repeat the earth-shattering kiss. When the cup tumbled to the floor, she curled up. He watched her with apprehensive eyes.

"What...what's wrong with me?" she said on the verge of tears. Her fear reeked the air. He felt for her, felt her pain and fear. He reached his hand down, and gripped her soft shoulder, and from the direction of the doorway he heard the single most menacing, and vicious growl of rage.