When Galaxies Collide Ch. 1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mmm, thank you." She said softly, returning his kiss.

"My pleasure, missy," he replied, then kissed her; "You are a very good lover, Julie."

"Thank you, Andy. So are you." She smiled, proud of his compliment.

Andy turned off the warm stream of water, and stepped out of the shower. As Julie stepped out, Andy wrapped a towel around her, and began to dry her. He already had a towel wrapped around his own waist, as he attentively dried her off.

As Julie dressed, their breakfast arrived. Andy still with the towel wrapped around his waist answered the door, and waited as the waiter brought in the cart. He handed the waiter a five credit bill, and went to the couch. Andy used the comm-link to call his brother's house. Lara, his sis-ter-in-law answered.

"Hey, Andy" She said, "I understand you and Julie are go-ing to visit us?"

"Yes. I called to see if we could come over." He replied.

"Of course! How soon will you be here?" Lara asked.

"We're two blocks away, at the Regent Hotel. I didn't want to put you two out, so we got a room here." Andy explained.

"That's sweet, but you know you two are welcome here, anytime." Lara said.

Andy smiled, Lara would never admit that the small two-bedroom apartment was too small for their now growing fam-ily.

"I know thank you Lara." Andy said.

"So you'll be over in a few minutes?" Lara asked.

"Yes, as soon as we finish breakfast, and getting dressed." He replied.

*****

Julie came into the small front room wearing a bright floral sundress. She smiled as she saw Andy lounging on the couch, with the towel still wrapped around his waist.

"Better get dressed, Andy;" she admonished, "If you want to see your brother sometime today."

He stood, his towel fell, but he caught it just as it unraveled itself and readjusting it, he walked into the bed-room to dress.

*****

Andy came out of the bedroom, now fully clothed. He had dressed himself casually, wearing slacks, a green polo shirt, and running shoes. With his short hair brushed, and some cologne on, he felt really peppy, and looked foreword to this visit.

Julie was at the table, she had set the table, and their food was still steaming on the trays they had arrived in from the hotel kitchen.

"Andy, breakfast is ready." She said, licking some juice from her hand as she placed the omelet tray on the table.

Andy came up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed her left ear.

"Good morning, my love." He said.

Julie set down the final food tray. She placed her hands over his as he held her waist. Her back was to his stomach.

"Mmm. I like it when you hold me." She said, dreamily.

"I like to hold you very much, Julie." He said and kissed her on the neck.

"Andy. Please, let's eat. We promised Lara we would be there shortly."

Andy released his hold, and held out Julie's chair for her, as she seated herself. She opened the first tray of food. It was toast; she took two slices, and handed the tray to him. Next she took the omelet tray and spooned out some.

*****

They held hands as they walked the two blocks to his brothers'. Dennis, Lara, and the children lived in a se-curity apartment. Because Dennis was a member of the Civil Security Force, his family lived in special quarters.

Andy and Julie had to wait at a gate, while an armed guard notified Dennis of his guests’ arrival. Andy presented his Military Identification, and Julie her driver's license. The guard was pleasant, yet professional.

Dennis arrived at the gate, and held out his arms. Andy hugged his brother, while Julie kissed him warmly on the cheek.

The three of them walked to Dennis' apartment, chatting and laughing all the way.

Lara was feeding the baby, when the three of them entered the apartment. Willy, the three-year-old, was taking his noontime nap, and was in the bedroom he shared with his infant sister.

Lara waved to them, from the kitchen, and motioned them in.

"Well, hello you two. So good to see you. Oh Julie, you look disgustingly beautiful! Come on in and join the conflict!" She held out the front of her own blouse, stained with baby food and laughed.

"Hello, Lara." Julie smiled, and went into the kitchen to join her future sister-in-law.

Andy and Dennis went into the living room. A large screen television stood against one wall; the screen was on, showing the highlights of the past few days events.

Dennis spoke first. "The S.I.A. is moving. Federation units are trying to intercept them before they can make a move on the capital. This is going to be ugly, Andy." He sighed, and fell silent.

"Denny, don't worry. You and your family are safe here. Waverton is of no value to the rebels. The security here is good, and you have the 3009th battalion here. They're a good unit." Andy said.

"It still doesn't make my job any easier, Andy." Dennis said, then fell silent.

Lara and Julie came out into the living room. Julie was holding Megan. She sat down next to Andy, and held up the baby.

"Megan, this is your Uncle Andy." She cooed to the tiny infant.

Megan grunted, and held out her hands to her mother, she started to bawl.

Andy looked at his niece, and kissed her nose. He lifted her, and handed her to Lara.

"Here you go, Sis." He said, as Lara took the child.

"Thank you." Lara said, "but I'm getting tired of her." She kissed the baby's belly and blew. The baby squealed. Lara carried her and she sat in a rocking chair. From the side of the chair, Lara pulled out a juice bottle and began to feed Megan.

Julie held Andy's upper arm, as they sat on the large overstuffed couch.

"Andy, wouldn't you like to have a child?" She asked, softly. The hint was clear.

He looked at her, smiled, and said, "Of course I would. Someday."

"I would too." She said, finally.

"So when are you two going to make it final?" Lara asked.

Julie looked at Andy questioningly.

"I guess after I graduate." Julie said.

Andy took her hand, and patted it.

"No. As soon as possible, Julie." He announced.

Andy had been watching the television. The reports he had glanced at had alarmed him.

*****

The Separatists Isolationists' organization consisted of two parts. There was the S.I.A., or the Separatist Isola-tionist Army, and there was the S.I.O., the Separation Isolation Organization the political and propaganda arm. Together they quarreled, but when separated and with a vision; they were a formidable thorn in the side of the Federation. The S.I.A., without consent from the S.I.O., had been the first to make their move and the S.I.O. had been left to try to provide some sort of propaganda angle to satisfy their support from among the rank and file of their membership, and sympathizers.

The Separatist Isolationist Army had been a real grass roots organization. From the beginning they had stood against everything that the Federation stood for. Halver-staadt had long been a haven from the vast bureaucracy that made up the Federation.

Their slogan had often been something like, “With one hundred and three planets in your grasp, why Halverstaadt?’

A former unnamed, unknown Federation Army had led the Separatists. There were rumors as to his identity, but nothing concrete. Federation Intelligence was still trying to put a face to the man.

The man, now known as Commandant Alpha, had decided to i-crease the pressure on the Federation forces committed to Halverstaadt. The plan had been to seize control of the capital, disarm the Federation Army, man the existing weapon systems, and hold at bay any Federation reinforce-ments until the rest of Halverstaadt had been subdued by his forces.

The S.I.A. had been well equipped with a vast array of Federation issue weaponry. Many of the Army arsenals had been plundered during the previous year. Assault rifles, cannons, even armored vehicles had been stolen, as sentries were murdered while they stood their watch, unaware of the silent threat that lurked in the darkness just beyond their visual range. By Federation estimates, the stolen arms had been enough to equip seven thousand soldiers according to the standard issue used by the average Federation soldier.

The first plan had been to cut off Metrodelphia, and oc-cupy it on three sides. Metrodelphia was the communica-tions center of Halverstaadt. To the east lay the sea Inland Sea; escape would be difficult for forces trapped inside of the city. With Metrodelphia occupied, and dis-armed, that would leave his foe in utter disarray, and un-able to make a major move against the S.I.A. A third of the Federation Army would be eliminated or held captive if Met-rodelphia fell.

*****

Julie smiled as Andy explained to her that the safest place she could be was at Fort Zhukarov, as a dependent. She would be safe, and secure there. The fort had plenty of underground bunkers to protect the dependents of army per-sonnel, even if he was in harm's way. Julie listened to his logic happily. She was glad to see he meant business. She had waited a long time for him to make good on his pro-posal.

"Julie, he's right. Tolsit is a logical target. I'd take him up on his offer, before he comes to his senses." Lara was teasing him.

"Oh, I will!" Julie said, then added, "Come Monday morn-ing."

"No problem. Won't have any honeymoon, but I know you'll be safe." Andy said.

"Oh? Do you know something I don't?" She asked.

"Not specifically, I'm just reading the signs of the times." Andy said, and pointed to the television.

*****

They stayed until after dinner. Andy decided they had better go back to the hotel, and get their belongings ready. They would leave first thing in the morning. Julie had wanted to stay awhile longer, as she played with the baby, and Willy. Lara had been thankful for female compan-ionship, and had been disappointed to see Julie and Andy leave so soon.

Dennis escorted the two of them to the security gate, and held his older brother, hugging him as he said his fare-wells. Julie kissed him, and waved as Andy took her hand and led her through the gate.

"Andy, I think we should have stayed longer. We were only there for six hours, and we had so much to talk about." Julie complained.

Andy stopped. He looked at her.

"Yes. You are right. But please listen to me. All hell is breaking loose. We have to get back to Tolsit. I know my unit will be placed on alert before morning. Julie, this is really serious, I must stress this to you. I want you safe and sound. We will be back at the base in an hour's time. You can spend the night in my room. I have another cot for guests, and at least I'll know you are all right." Andy was stern, but gentle as he spoke to her.

Julie knew that he was worried about her safety, and she relented.

"I know you are concerned about my safety. Thank you, you're very sweet." She said, and lifting his hand she kissed it, as a sign of peace.

*****

The drive back to Tolsit had been quick. Andy drove fast, and very defensively. His eyes scanning ahead, and to the rear as he pushed Julie's car to the maximum.

The trip had taken forty minutes, and Andy sighed in re-lief when he passed through the main gate of Fort Zhukarov.

He parked the car in the lot in front of his barracks building, and grabbed their belongings from the back seat.

Andy escorted Julie inside of the building, and walked her to his room. Julie had spent the night here before. When they had first become intimate. She balked at spending the night here recently, because it was too military.

Several officers had wives and girlfriends living with them in the Officer's quarters. There were even several women officers with civilian husbands living in the same building.

Julie placed her bag on the only single cot in the room. Andy began to set up another bed to place next to the one already standing.

She put her clothes in an empty dresser she had used in the past, and then went off to use the women's room while Andy arranged the furniture in the small but adequate quarters.

*****

Commandant Alpha had deployed his forces in a classic pincer movement. The Metrodelphia Defense Force, which consisted of a Brigade of some six thousand Army.

As the Federation forces moved to engage the rebels, or-ders had been issued to stop the rebels by any means short of deadly force. Tear gas, water cannons, and stun grenades had been issued. The Federation units faced a foe armed with real gun tanks and cannons.

The battle lasted twenty minutes. The Federation units fell back into the city. Seven hundred men and women in Federation uniform died where they stood. The Defense Force commander was relieved of his command by the acting gover-nor of Halverstaadt.

The battle for Metrodelphia had begun.

*****

Andy and Julie lay in bed discussing their future. Julie had talked with her father to let him know where she was, and where she was staying. She also told him that Andy and her would be wed on Monday, privately in the military records office.

Admiral Bertholf had accepted the news with calm. He con-gratulated the both of them, and said he would be at the records office to witness their marriage.

Julie let her father know she was happy, and this was what she really wanted, even above her planned public service career.

Her father said that he understood, and blessed their un-ion.

Julie thanked her father for his understanding, and gave him her love.

*****

Sunday, they had gone out to the Officer’s club for a late brunch. The rest of the day was spend basking in each other's company until evening when Andy wanted to go to the Operations desk to check on his unit's alert status.

Julie waited in the room, listening to music, until his return.

*****

Monday morning, at 0700, Andy placed the first call that would establish their union as husband and wife.

He called the military records office for an appointment. Next he called Admiral Bertholf's office to inform the Ad-miral of their scheduled appointment time.

Andy called his battalion commander, and asked his permission to skip morning muster. Colonel Watts had been happy for his subordinate, and allowed the Captain to use three days leave, provided he didn't leave Tolsit.

Andy thanked his commander, and informed Julie of the events.

Julie was especially happy that they would have three days together, away from the fort to enjoy as a honeymoon. She suggested the Tolsit Arms hotel, and Andy called to book a room for them.

*****

Their appointment had been at 0930. Andy and Julie were there early. Her father arrived just as they were being ushered into the interview area. A clerk took down their vital information, and a nurse took a tissue sample, for DNA records.

When they were done there, they went to the next cubicle, where a license for marriage was issued. The license would be forwarded to payroll, so Julie could receive an allot-ment from Andy's paycheck.

Finally, when all was done, the ceremony has held in a small chapel.

"I will perform the ceremony." Admiral Bertholf announced, "She's my only child, and I can think of no better way to show her my love than to do this for her."

Julie was surprised at her father's decision, and wept as she flew into his arms to thank him.

Admiral Bertholf, as a Star Fleet Command Flag Officer, had per-formed many marriage ceremonies for his crew when he had been a ship's captain. He would now perform one last mar-riage ceremony for his daughter.

Julie had brought a white, full-length dress with her. It was brand new, and she had planned on wearing it for an entirely different occasion, but it would suffice for this one. Andy was wearing his full dress uniform.

Admiral Bertholf was also in his full dress uniform, lending dignity to the occasion.

The ceremony was over quickly, and Andy and Julie Seah were now officially husband and wife. Admiral Bertholf was the first to congratulate Andy on being a part of his fam-ily.

Julie was very serene, she had anticipated this day for so long, that she now had a hard time grasping the fact that she and Andy would never be apart. A tranquil smile was on her lips, as she held Andy's arm. He led her out of the Military Records building and to her car.

Their first stop was at Julie's father's house. She changed her clothes, and together, they loaded some of her things into the car. These things would stay at her new home in the barracks. When they had finished, they went back to the barracks, and packed their cases again for the three-day honeymoon.

*****

Commandant Alpha had committed all of his immediate strength to the capture of Metrodelphia. He had other units organizing and training, but his force of eighteen thousand had been deployed to surround the capital city. He now out-numbered Federation forces two to one, and he held the high ground outside of the city.

With the Federation forces still smarting from their re-cent spanking, the Commandant would try one irreversible action. He would bring up his artillery to within range and start to bombard the city.

The S.I.O. propaganda machine was now in full motion, warning the citizens of Metrodelphia to go to civil defense shelters, for the liberation of their city was at hand.

The Federation had tried to destroy the rebel positions with aircraft, but intelligence had not known that the re-bels had strong anti-aircraft defenses in place around the city.

The Federation fighters and bombers were quickly turned back or destroyed. The city was open to occupation, and nothing could be done. There would be a bloody fight.

*****

Andy carried his bride over the threshold of the hotel room where they would be for the next three days. Julie had changed again at the barracks, into a pale yellow mid length skirt with matching jacket.

Andy had decided to wear his service uniform. It was easier to be in than his full dress, and yet in the event of recall, he would be ready to identify himself as a Federa-tion Officer.

Room service had placed a bottle of Champaign in the room on ice, and a tray of food was on a cart next to one of the walls in the front room.

The suite they checked into had a full front room, a large bedroom, and a separate bath just off of the master bed-room.

Andy walked around the suite, still carrying Julie in his arms. She was pointing out details of the suite, and made comments about various things she liked.

Andy brought her to the bed, and laid her on it. He lay next to her; she turned on her side to kiss him. Her hands going to his cheeks as she savored the long gentle kiss.

"Are you happy, Julie?" He asked.

"Andy, this is the best moment of my life. Thank you." She cooed, as she held his head between her hands.

"Julie, I want you to know that you are the best thing in my life. I couldn't be more happy then I am right now. Thank you for being my wife, and loving me." He spoke quietly. Her eyes softened. His words had touched her heart.

"Andy, I want you to know that from the moment I met you, I knew you were special. I am going to be a good wife to you. I just love you so much. Do you remember the day we met?" She asked.

"Yes. At the college." He said.

"Yes, in the registrar's office. Well I'll tell you something I have never told you before. From the moment I met you, I fell in love with you, but I wanted to make sure you were for real. I mean, when I met you, it was as though you were too good to be real. I wanted you then and there." Julie laughed, then added, "Right on the floor, I didn't care!"

"I didn't know, but I'll tell you one thing. I wouldn't change one moment of our time together for anything. To me, everything was perfect as it happened, when it happened." He put his arm around her head and pulled her to him. She lay her head on his shoulder, and Andy kissed her forehead.