When Goddess Becomes Human Ch. 01

Story Info
Historical Romance.
3.4k words
3.56
7.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

Light footsteps sounded in the quiet night. She strode steadily and slowly on familiar gravel path. Glitter lights could be seen from inside the shrine. When she looked up at glitter lights, she felt as if they were lights in the end of tunnel.

This old shrine located on the secluded hill. There was no one lived close by the shrine. She walked alone with a red lantern in her hand. It swung side-to-side and illuminated ahead steps for her. Clean breezes swept on her bare hands. Her other hand grasped her black silk made that covered her slim shoulders as it was thick enough to protect her from chilling.


Few steps more on concrete stairs leveled to offering hall. There was no one around in the shrine. Lights were on the thick wall, brighten the entire small shrine. Several lighted candles shone on the altar. She eyed the Buddha statue. She walked slowly to the altar and kneeled down on the rounded thick pillow without taking her eyes off Buddha as if Buddha was the last resort.

"Please help protecting my son. He's going to fight the rebel and conquer the north-east. I would do anything to have him return home safely."

She prayed quietly and mumbled repeatedly. Thin air around her became thick and brushed her black silk softly. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes as if she felt Buddha acknowledged her wish.

She flickered her eyes as she heard footsteps behind. She got up from kneeling gently.

"You came quite late tonight. You should have been home today to take care of Shou."

Sohei worn long wide-sleeves dressing gown and tan color for the outer robe. His bald head was smooth and clean. Though there were many wrinkles touched his forehead and corner of his eyes, but his face skin was youthful. His smile-lips curved slightly made his face looked brighten. Sohei was waiting for her to come closer patiently. His eyes soften looking at Mika.

"He's gone to sleep already, Yoshi" She answered and slightly bowed as to pay for respect to Sohei.

"Don't worry. Shou'll be safe. He has good sword skill for battle. He's the best of all samurais. This isn't first time for him, why you're worried."

"I had a dream last night." Mika's eyes turned wobble as she looked up and met Sohei's kind eyes.

"What was it about?"

"I saw the fire and the bird." Her eyes darted upward. Losing focus as though she visualized her dream in her foggy mind.

"The bird?" Yoshi frowned and paid his attention to her dream.

"The bird... it was so beautiful."

Her bare feet felt so cold as she looked down to see that she stood on dried sand floor. Icy fog surrounded her. It thickened by seconds until she could not see where she was.

Thicken fog gave her a cleaned air. She breathed in instinctively. Deep breath has awaken all her nerve ends. Surprisingly, she felt relax and refresh. Her inner mind felt calm and her body was invigorated. It helped eliminating her fear astonishingly.

Still wondering and trying to figure where she was. But something got her attention.

Whoof!

Heavy piercing through thicken fog could be heard clearly. She thought it was on the right from where she stood. She tried to stare through thick fog and felt it flew pass by her. Hot air mixed with icy fog brushed her lightly. She looked up at the same time the light became intense around her. Red and yellow lights dazzled her.

Swirl air brushed her quickly with flappy sound of bird's wing could be heard clearly.

Yellow big bird! It was the most beautiful bird she has ever seen.

Red fire blazed all over its body and it still flew very fast towards darken sky. Thicken air was still fresh.

She looked up at the bird with her hand cover over her eyes to avoid sparkling light that cascaded from the bird.

Big bird slowed its acceleration until it halted in the mid air. It looked down to her. Her eyes met its velvet black eyes.

Whoops!

Big colorful bird exploded itself. It dissolved its flesh to brighten light in seconds.

She instinctively covered her eyes with both hands to avoid too much light that shone over her and she felt herself floated.

"It should have been good dream then."

Sohei Yoshi's short answer calmed her inner fear gratefully. Sohei bid her a smile as if he knew he has lessen her uneasiness. He turned away as he retired himself for the night. CHAPTER 1

Shoin-zukuri house style was located close to local ruler where other samurais lived closely. Small garden was decorated with small pine trees, cherry trees and maple trees. They were blossom beautifully in this summer as they were taken care greatly by male servants. Small dried gravel path led to the main entrance of the house was tidy.

Shou gathered his personal belonging and carried on his left shoulder. His right hand held the sword, waiting to farewell his mother. She walked slowly toward him and leveled herself on the second step of stair to have a good look on her son's face.

His tall tough figure was under silk white robe. His tan neck was thick. Chisel face was fairer compared with his neck. Shou could see worrying look on his mother. His smile softened his tough feature to cheer her up.

War was coming. Imperial Shogun needed good skilled samurais to support the soldiers to conquer the north-east area from rebels. Samurais were trained hard and imperial court's rewarded samurais well. This benefited household members of Shou to live prosperously.

Mika did not want Shou to be samurai initially. She was happy for Shou being merchant or scholar to mentor small children in town. Sohei Yoshi told her that Shou was talented and Shou really wanted to be samurai to protect his family and innocents. So she pleased her son for whatever he wanted.

"Mother, this was not the first time I go to war, why do you look so worry?"

"Shou. You've to return home safely." She did not want to tell her son about her dream. He did not believe in superstition as she did.

"Yes. Mother. I promise. You need to take care of yourself too." He patted his mother's thin shoulder with his big callous hand then walked on gravel stone pathway to Haru.

----

Shou dismounted Haru and tied him to the tree nearby the camp. Temporary camp was set for all samurais in town to gather together before leaving for border. Shou saw smaller tent was dislodged while his friends were preparing their personal belongings.

Isamu carried his belongings on his shoulder and walked towards him with expressionless face as usual. Isamu was not chatty like his other friends. His body was almost as huge as him. His tan skin was darker than his because Isamu always stayed on the horse. He was a good archer. Muscular arms were thick and veined when he pulled the bow tightly.

"You've arrived in time, Shou."

"We're going to leave now?"

"Yes. Daichi would like a word with you."

Shou nodded and walked to a bigger tent where there were two new samurais gathered maps that were made from a lambskin into folded clothes. Scattered bamboo pieces were wrapped by red threads.

Daichi was the leader of all samurais in this town. He would head all of us to meet the garrisons at the border in north-east city. He sat on small wooden chair. His small set-up desk was empty.

"Here you are, Shou"

"Yes, sir" Shou stood not far from small set-up desk. His eyes diverted to dried soil floor and bow to pay respect.

"I've a short note from Sohei Yoshi." Daichi handed him a small piece of cloth. Shou moved forward to collect it from Daichi's hand and read Yoshi's scribing.

"What's the matter, Shou"

Shou realized that he frowned when he looked up to see Daichi's concern looking at him.

"Sohei Yoshi wished me luck for this battle." Shou folded Sohei Yoshi's message to his belongings pack.

"Good then, we all shall get moving." Daichi got up from his small chair energetically by the time his samurai assistants already finished packing and mounted the waiting horses.

A group of samurais galloped to the bridge where it was regarded as border of this town to gravel road ahead. Jirou was riding on the right side of Shou. Jirou was as tall as him but slimmer and fairer because he had been a samurai for four years. This was his first time joining the group to war. Jirou was a royal blood relatively. He lived in samurai resident in this rural town. Jirou was friendly and easy-going around senior samurais.

"Shou, you looked so worried. What's the matter with you?"

Shou pulled himself from deep thought and slowed his horse to answer Jirou.

"I was wondering how long would the war be."

"I thought you worried about Naoko."

"Why Naoko?" Jirou did not answer his question because other samurais slowed the galloping, but they did not halt the pace.

Shou and Jirou looked ahead and they saw the cause that made other samurais muffled. Some samurais looked back to Shou.

Shou slowed to halt the horse by the bridge and let other samurais rode on the bridge. Shou dismounted Haru and walked to Naoko.

She dressed colorfully with thick makeup. She flashed him her white teeth and red lips sweetly. Her eyes were round and wobble with unknown expectation. That was why she could get attention from his samurai group.

"What're you doing here?" Shou looked around for anyone else, but he could see no one came with Naoko. She was so brave to come alone in deserted forest.

"I came to farewell you and wish you return safely." Shou only nodded in return.

"You shouldn't have come here alone. It's dangerous." Naoko perched her lips obviously in return to Shou's advice. Wobbled eyes turned widen with her angry simmered inside.

"My father's caravan isn't far from here. He knew I came here to wait for you." Her soft voice disappeared.

"I've to go now"

"Shou..." He halted his steps and turned back to look at her questioningly.

"I'll be waiting for you. My father said he'd go to talk to aunt Mika about our engagement." She kept her eyes on him as she expected him to talk to her rather than showing her his stern face.

He was so calm and he returned his cold gaze to her. She could not know what Shou felt about what she has said. But his cold gaze made her shivered. She diverted her gaze down on her toes, afraid he was dissatisfy.

"We can discuss about it when I return." He muttered and turned to Haru without bidding her a farewell.

Naoko knew Shou disliked what she told him but at least he did not decline her statement. She sighed with relief. But Shou did not show any sign of agreement either.

She has fallen in love with him for two years since she met him during New Year' Eve festival. Her father has known Shou since he was a teenager. He approved her for considering Shou for future husband.

She was so happy when her father spoke to Shou's mother about it. They were longtime friends. Though, his mother was not object about this engagement but she wanted Shou to make decision himself. Wanted him to accept her willingly.

She pouted to his back while he was speeding up Haru to catch up with his group hurriedly. She could not hide her disappointment that he was distant to her since there were words spread about their engagement.

North-east area was the highland and unknown area for all samurais from capital. They have never done the battle in this area before. Daichi led the samurai group by the given map from the General. Secluded woods were surrounded on both sides of the gravel road on the way to the camp.

Darkness arrived to the woods in the deserted border by the time they arrived. Quietness surrounded the camp. There were few soldiers stayed awake and walked around the camp to watch for safety.

Daichi samurais were welcomed to big camp. It was lodged among lighted smaller camps in the garrison. Samurais were exhausted and starved. One of general deputy soldier thanked them for coming to help battling the rebel and conquered the north-east.

Later, they were welcomed with fabulous meals in the warm tent. All samurais filled their stomachs hungrily.

In the middle of the night, samurais were asleep soundly. Moonlight outside shone into gaping entrance of the large tent, cascaded on Shou who sat leisurely on the grass. His large hand crumpled Sohei Yoshi's message. His dark brown eyes looked up to a round moon.

Daughter of Moon and Sun arises. Death and Alive are perpetual.

Shou's mind kept repeating on Yoshi's message. Something was going to happen?

Who is daughter of Moon and Sun?

Death and Alive... Did Yoshi mean about death and resurrection?

Why Yoshi passed this message to him on the day he went for war?

He decidedly to tear Yoshi's message into piece. He discarded his thought aside and went to prepared tri-fold mattress pad beside Jirou.

By late morning, after breakfast, Daichi's samurais joined general's meeting in his huge tent. Big map made from lambskin was laid on the floor. Soldier in-charge and Daichi's group sat, surrounded the big map. Drawn black lines depicted the rebel leader's palace and its surroundings. Soldiers were ordered to capture the rebel leader and his family. They would have to bring them to Shogun.

Daichi's samurais were assigned to be the frontier of the small group of soldiers. They were designated to attack the highest palace that was surrounded by five thick wall layers and restricted guards. Shinto shrine was located on the top floor. Rebel's leader and his family lived in this highest palace. Then, soldiers would barge in and capture rebel's family themselves.

--------

Linen white robe swirled around slim ankles as they stood quietly on the steep hill. Quietness in the woods blanketed them. Slim figures stood still, were not vibrant by whirlwind from surrounding. Long grasses stirred lively when the glow from both figures was illuminated.

Below the hill, there were several lights dotted from the soldier camps. Naked eyes watched human shuffled around the camps expressionlessly as if they had witnessed this war scene many times.

Cold breezes swept through slim figures again but this time breezes twirled with the crying pray. Weeping was afar but it could be heard like a whisper to her ears.

"Please stop this war. Please stop my son' wrath towards enemy. There'll be only innocents die. Please grant my wish to help all my innocent people."

Wishing was mumbled over and over again, they resounded in her mind. Only she sighed pitifully to human who were going to fight for what they wanted and protected.

"Conflicts of few people would lead innocent people to death." Gently spoke from soft orange lips. Velvet brown eyes stared at stars in the darken sky.

"They're driven by greed, Ai. You can't change them." Deep flat voice was from slim figure beside her. She was as tall as her. Her curly brown hair and black eyes distinguished them.

"We've been watching them for thousands years. They never change." Ai agreed reluctantly with her older sister.

"So many wishes you granted them, only have roused their never ending desires." Ayame shook her head slowly. Heavy sighs from Ai was relieved. "It was time to farewell." velvet brown eyes casted warm gaze to Ayame.

"My sister, please take care yourself. You know what you have to do. We will meet again soon."

Plump hand clasped on Ai's slim shoulders. Sweetly smile plastered on her lips when delicate willowy of Ayame faded away in front of her.

Ai diverted her gaze to the tower palace on her left side. Dotted lights from the shrine on the top of the tower was bright. Ai breathed in deeply and her slim delicate figure slowly faded until cold breezes were left alone in the air.

------

Cold white hands propped her to stand slowly. When Okami-san enabled to stand on her own. Female servant stepped away to give distance respectively. Tears were dried on wrinkles cheeks. Okami-san instinctively shred her tears with soft handkerchief. Wishing that godnesses in Shinto shrine would hear her plea. She swallowed lump in her throat quietly and turned to see her personal female servant.

"Where are my sons?"

"Kiyoshi-san is taking care of Kumicho. Kushiro-san is meeting with samurais."

"How is Kumicho now?"

"He's asleep after he's taken medicine per physician's recommend."

Okami-san nodded slowly and she paced to exit of the shrine, followed by female servant.

----

Meeting was over before midnight. Strong samurais went back hurriedly to their subordinates to delegate the work and prepared for war.

Kochirou paced steadily to his father's chamber quietly. Doors were closed neatly behind. He found his older brother-Kiyoshi tended Oyabun who just woke up.

Kochirou squared his shoulders and crouched on the floor. Kiyoshi crawled away to let his smaller brother moved closer to the futon where Oyabun lied awake.

"I'll have the best samurais take you, mother and Kiyoshi out of here now."

"Now?" Oyabun exclaimed throatily. His eyes widen, staring at his beloved son.

Kochirou nodded slowly to his Oyabun.

"Kiyoshi, please collect important things." Kiyoshi leapt from crouching to the desk in the next room without hesitation.

"How many of them?" Whispered from his Oyabun.

"They are tripled of us, father. They've been waiting for good skilled samurais to arrive before attacking. I believed that they came to capture us only."

Oyabun nodded in agreement slowly. Thoughtfully, he ordered Kiyoushi from where he lied down.

"Don't bring too many things. Let's leave important things in the secret vault."

Kiyoshi nodded slowly and carried silk small boxes in his arms to the other room.

"Where's mother?" Oyabun turned to his small child who was the General of rebels.

"She should be praying now." His hoarse voice softer when he mentioned about his beloved wife.

"Please take care of yourself, father. We'll meet again."

Kochirou bowed slowly as if he offered a farewell and left the chamber without another words.

Shrieking was echoed in offering hall from Okami-san. Female servant grasped her own breath when she turned to see a tall figure in armor stood behind Okami-san.

A big hand covered Okami-san mouth to halt her scream. When callous hands clasped her neck, Okami-san's still body turned jolted. Rounded eyes fluttered close and a shock consumed her mind. A big callous hand was lax as her body went loosely. Thick muscular arm tighten the unconscious body against his chest.

Osamu turned to see a female servant had a quite startling on her face. Lips opened slowly. He slapped hard on her neck, before she intended to scream. He let small body thudded lightly on the cement floor.

Another big hands grasped unconscious female servant and dragged to hide behind the folded door neatly.

Osamu hauled slim Okami-san on his shoulder. He sent a quiet nod to Jirou who hid female servant body. Jirou leapt quickly to the short thick fence. He threw a thick rope to darkness below.

Within three breaths, big tan hands clutched thick rope and hauled himself over the fence. Feet thudded lightly on the floor.

Osamu walked to Shou quickly and handed light-weight body to him. Shou tightened the hold on Okami-san. Right hand held the sword.

Thunderstorm flashed angrily above him tugged his heart astonishingly. Shou looked up at the darken sky doubtingly.

"See you at meeting point, my friend" Shou jerked back as Osamu said and left with Jirou to below chambers in this palace tower.

A pair of hands clutched the rope and hauled himself over the fence. Another samurai carried the rope with him. Shou nodded quietly and handled unconscious body still and let the rope encircled around her.

"Stop!" Kochirou screeched, stood not far from Shou. He pointed the sword to him, outraged and menacingly paced closer to Shou.

Rope was handled and tightened to knot around Okami-san.

"Go." Shou ordered that samurai softly. His eyes were on Kochirou who was striding closer. Right hand grabbed the sword and outstretched arm to guard themselves while a samurai carefully gripped the rope and tightened Okami-san on his back. He climbed down slowly into the darkness below. Message to all readers...

12