When I am Gone Pt. 02

Story Info
Aaron is all Scott can think about now a day.
929 words
3.77
4.4k
00

Part 2 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/24/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

NOTE: THIS PART CONTAINS SOME MENTION OF SUICIDE. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE PLEASE STOP READING.

*****

Chapter 3

Had an accident? What do you mean had an accident? Well, he fell down the stairs and was unconscious. They rushed him to the hospital and I haven't heard anything else yet.

I called my mom and told her that my best friend is in the hospital and that I would like to go visit him, now. My mom said I am working, can't it wait? I replied with, no mom it can't wait, my best friend is seriously hurt and is in the hospital, I want to see him.

Ok, ok, I'll swing by school and pick you up in 10 minutes. I waited for my mom, which always takes forever. I saw her car pull up, I jumped right in and said, come on, come on, we have to go. She didn't quite understand, why I was in such a hurry to see my friend.

We got to the hospital and I asked the nurse at the nurse station, what room is Aaron Baxter in? She told me, I can not tell you that, are you family, she asked? I said, no I'm a friend.

Then all of a sudden, I feel a hand on my shoulder and a woman saying, excuse me, why are you looking for my son? Oh, Mrs. Baxter, hi my name is Scott Hall and I am one of Aaron's friends. Have you heard anything about Aaron?

Yeah, the doctors say he has a few broken bones and a concussion. They say in a few hours we can see him, but he is just resting now. Ok, then I'll wait with you if that's alright Mrs. Baxter.

Sure, I can use the time to get to know you, Aaron never talks about his school life or friends. Mom, if it's alright I'm gonna stay here. You can go back to work and I'll text you when it's time for me to go.

Ok, I love you Scott.

After few hours of talking with his mom, the nurse came up to Mrs. Baxter and told her you can see him now. When I started walking with Mrs. Baxter, the nurse said, you'll have to wait here young man.

But Mrs. Baxter said, you can let him come with me, it's fine. I thanked Mrs. Baxter because the thought of not making sure Aaron is ok would worry me.

We got to his room and Mrs. Baxter gave Aaron a big hug and kissed him so much. I was so jealous of her kissing my guy. Trying to avoid the whole hospital thing, I asked him, what's up?

He said, well I thought about taking a trip to the hospital and didn't know how else to get here. Then he told his mom he's hungry and asked if she could get him something to eat.

As soon as Mrs. Baxter left, Aaron told me to ask the question that was on both of our minds. Why did you fall down the stairs? He said, I couldn't believe how messed up my life is and I saw a perfect way out.

I was so shocked to hear that come from his mouth. As I began to tear up, he said don't cry, it'll be alright. I learned my lesson and that there are people in life who care about me.

I thought to myself and asked me, is it true though? Are there people in my life who care, if I am dead?

Chapter 4

2 months after Aaron's accident, Aaron decided he wanted to play football. He told me that we should try out together. I said football isn't really a sport I like. He said ok, but then I would have to make it up to him.

Of course, he made the team as the Quarterback, and he was the best Quarterback Jefferson high has ever seen. After seeing Aaron in action, he was so hot. I knew when Aaron join the team, he would be meeting new people, but I didn't think he wouldn't have time with me.

Throughout the month of October, our time kept decreasing. After his football buddies and Amber his new girlfriend. Our time has become 5 minutes at most. I decided one day to surprise Aaron at his house, while he was at practice.

Then I saw him come home and I hid in his closet. He came home on the phone and I was wondering who was he talking to? Then I heard him say, Mikey, it's alright I'm not talking with that loser Scott anymore, we can hang sometime.

As my life falls apart right in the closet of my friend, I couldn't believe I gave another person my trust. As soon as I saw Aaron go into the bathroom to take a shower, I thought I would just slip out the door and forget about him.

I opened the closet door and tiptoed out of his room, until he stopped me on the staircase. He said Scott, what are you doing here? I told him nothing, I just wanted to hang with my best friend. But, I only see a guy and a loser here.

Oh, you heard that, Aaron replied. Yeah, I heard all of it, how could you do that to me? I'm sorry, I just have to play the role of being cool. As I walked passed him I said, well, I'm sorry I'm not cool enough for you and left his house.