When I am Gone Pt. 05

Story Info
Scott wakes up not knowing what has happened.
1.3k words
3.81
5.5k
1

Part 5 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/24/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 9

The next thing I remembered, was waking up in the hospital not being able to move.

My mom and dad were crying and said we are so glad to see you. I asked her what happened and she said you don't remember.

I told her no I don't remember and she told me I got hit by a car. My mom kept asking what was the last thing I remembered and all I could think about was standing in the parking lot of Ashtons.

She said that I have a few broken bones and I will have to use a wheelchair for a couple of months, but I should be fine. My mom thought it would be a good idea to open a window and when she opened the blinds.

Outside looked weird, there was no snow on the ground. I turned to her and said, mom, why is there no snow on the ground? She started to cry and then she said it is May.

May that can't be it was almost Christmas last time I remember. She said it's alright honey, when you were in your accident you suffered a lot of injuries, you also have been in a coma for 5 months.

I started to cry and couldn't breathe, but my mom kept telling me to calm down and relax. My first instinct was to call Aaron, but I couldn't find my phone. Mom said that they tried to look for your phone but they couldn't find it.

My mom kept telling me I need to rest, but I insisted on seeing Aaron. Mom gave me her cell phone and I called him. As ring after ring continued I got worried and all of a sudden I hear a firm hello.

I started to hey it's Scott, but he started freaking out when I said hey. I could hear him tell his mom that he has to go to the hospital to see me. After an hour later he arrived and was so happy to see me.

Mom told me that Aaron stopped by every week to see how I was doing. I was so exhausted after 30 minutes that I fell asleep when Aaron was telling me about the baseball season.

After coming home from the hospital, my mom made me sleep in the guest bedroom that was on the main floor, but waiting in the room was Aaron. He smiled at me and tried to hold back his tears as he saw how broken I was.

I sat in the bed and listen to him about all the gossip and drama at school. Then it hit me that I am way behind at school. I told Aaron that tomorrow I would like him to gather all my homework for every class.

But he told me not to worry about that now and get some rest. When he left, my mom brought some of my things from my room down here. I saw my computer and thought I could open up my messenger app and text Aaron.

I texted him hey, with an emoji that winked at him. He texted back did you find your phone. I said no, I am using my computer to text you. Go to sleep Scott, Aaron texted back. I said I will, I just wanted you to know you can still text me.

The next day was hard for my mom and I because I didn't want to be that needy and I felt bad that she had to come in my room every 10 minutes for something. Then. I got a text from Aaron that said I have your homework and I'm on my way to your house.

After 10 minutes, he arrived and brought 3 stacks from all of my classes. Aaron said I can help you if you don't understand any of it. We started with chemistry and he had to re-explain what my teacher had taught the class.

He told me that if I needed to take a break to let him know and we'll stop, but I couldn't get over the fact that Aaron was tutoring me. I asked Aaron if he wanted to stay over at my place this weekend since his parents are going outta town and he said sure.

His parents didn't care about him, so he didn't ask them and mom was fine that I had someone to socialize too, while I was cooped up in this room. This whole weekend Aaron spent teaching me a whole semester worth of chemistry and english.

But we also talked about when Amber and Aaron broke up in February. He said he took it hard, but when he got his license, he forgot all about it. The last 2 weeks of school I told my mom I was attending. Luckily I was so good at math that it took me all of a day to learn it all.

Aaron was nervous thinking about me on my first day back to school, but he told my mom that he'll take me to and from school. Mom gracefully thanked him for being so kind to me.

So on my first day back, I hobbled out of Aaron's car with my crutches and he was right next to me when he walked into school. He carried my backpack and followed me like a dog throughout all my classes.

We sat in the back of class together and he helped me understand, how this applies to what I have just learned. During lunch, Mikey and his gang came up to our table and felt so bad about what happened to me.

They asked me what had happened, but I still didn't know. All I could tell them was what my mom told me.

Chapter 10

After 2 weeks passed, my parents invited Aaron over for dinner and they wanted to thank him for his hard work. They said that I passed freshmen year with all C's because of his help.

He was too modest of helping me, but my parents insisted that he is welcomed anytime at our house. At the end of June, the doctors said I didn't need to walk on crutches anymore.

They were surprised with how fast I healed. Aaron told me when I was in the hospital, he hung out with Mikey a lot because they bonded over the baseball season. Even though Mikey once threatened to kill me, we moved passed it and now we're all friends.

In July, since I missed the season, I wanted to play baseball. Aaron had a big surprise planned for me that we'll have a baseball game with Mikey and his gang. I was so excited, I couldn't wait for Saturday, but Aaron and I had been practicing for weeks to make sure I wasn't still rusty.

Aaron asked me are you a pitcher or a catcher and I began to blush, but playfully I replied with I'll always be a catcher when I'm playing with you.

It was Saturday and I was ready to play. Aaron told me after my remark with being a pitcher or catcher that I am going to be the catcher on our team. During the baseball season coach told Aaron that he was our number 1 pitcher.

So Aaron told me to look at him before he pitches, so that I'll know how he is going to throw it. After Aaron kept striking each player out we won the game. We were so happy that we invited everyone to Ashton's for ice cream.

When August hit, it was almost time for school. But every year my parents and I go to our lake house in Wisconsin. My mom told me to invite Aaron with us because he is practically part of our family.

Aaron was flattered that I asked but he turned it down first. Then I said you have to come with us it'll be fun, and he gave in.