When Two Worlds Collide Ch. 01

Story Info
And so it began...
1k words
4.49
35.1k
28

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 06/24/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fairy14
fairy14
163 Followers

I was tired, cold and hungry; that's the only way to describe how it was that I felt that day. On top of that, my car started to make weird sounds and I knew that it was only a matter of time before it broke down which meant I had to get off the highway.

As I was thinking that, I passed a sign for the nearest exit with a service station was about twenty miles away. I didn't know whether the car would even make it that far but breaking down in my present location was not an option; especially not when a trailer truck zoomed past me causing the whole car to rock like a cradle in hurricane winds. I was probably safer walking than staying in the car.

I reached over into the passenger's seat and picked up my map; I kept an eye on the road to make sure that I wasn't drifting across the highway. After studying the map I quickly spotted the exit I was to take; getting off now would throw me off course by a day or two maybe even longer if I didn't have transportation.

As I turned off the exit the hairs on the back of my neck stood-up and I suddenly felt uneasy. I'd gotten that feeling before; it was like a precursor to something bad, like I should turn around and take my chances breaking down on the highway-bad.

I considered turning back but when the car started kicking and knocking (so to speak) I knew it was too late. I could see small buildings up ahead, just past the treeline, one in particular had a tall sign indicating that it was a service station. It was a good thing because smoke started filtering out the front of my car and then with one final kick it descended into a slow crawl. I was a few feet away from the garage entrance.

"Un-freaking-believable!" I said as I slammed my hands down on the steering wheel. I looked around and saw people stop mid-action to stare at me. I was only few feet away from the garage, I saw people stopping what they were doing to stare at me. his of course caused me to scowl; I mean seriously, what the hell were they staring at?

I pushed down on the accelerator, hoping to get more movement but with one final kick the car died completely. I masked my scent before opening the door (this was something I did out of habit) just as a very tall and oh so muscular man walked out of the building wearing a t-shirt and a half-off navy-blue mechanic's jumper.

I stepped out of the car just as he stopped. I looked around and saw people staring at me; this of course caused me to scowl; I mean seriously, what were they staring at? Don't people know that it's rude to stare? I turned my attention back to the tall figure.

As he approach me, something inside of me stirred awake and that feeling from before got stronger.

"Can I help you?" He asked as he stood in front of me wiping his oil stained hands on the red cloth before shoving it in his back pocket. His tone and expression wasn't the most inviting. Of course if he wanted to be rude I could play that same game, though I was one who needed his help to get back on the road.

"I need you to check out my engine my car was making a lot of weird sounds before it shut off, can you check it out and let me know the damage?" I said looking at him through my shades, not even bothering to take them off. I could tell by the way he was looking at or rather towards my eyes he was expecting me to do just that but that definitely wasn't going to happen.

He finally looked away and turned his full attention to the car with a look of disgust. I was kind of offended, it may have been a piece of crap but it was my piece of crap. I had gotten out of many sticky situations because of it, granted it had a tendency to stall when I needed it most but still it was mine.

He turned back towards me with that same look on his face, "there's a scrap metal yard one town over, I'm sure you could get a little out of this-"I cleared my throat and arched a brow in annoyance at his suggestion to scrap my ride.

"No, just fix the car, I still have things I need to do before I give this bucket a rest." I said as I crossed my arms over my stomach to muffle the grumbling I felt coming. I'd gotten quite use to it over the past few years but it never got any less awkward when they made an appearance around other people.

"You know if you're hungry, the diner across the street makes a pretty good burger." He said as he whipped out a clipboard and made his way to the hood of my car.

"Guess I'll have to check it out once I get this all situated."

"Oh, well, this might take a while; you go ahead and get yourself something to eat I can just wheel it up to the garage." He said with a hint of finality in his voice.

I was starving, I hadn't eaten anything in days and I'd barely had anything to drink, save for the rain water I'd managed to collect in my canteen. I reached inside the car and pulled out my duffel bag and slipped it across my shoulders. As I adjusted the bag a gust of wind swept past me, carrying with it a scent that used to haunt my dreams among other things.

The darkness inside of me became unsettled. That smell was one I never forgot.

Werewolf, the voice inside my head said. But not just one, there are many.

I mentally slapped myself, it would be my super shitty luck to break down in a town full of vicious creatures; once again, fate screwed me!

***

fairy14
fairy14
163 Followers