When You Least Expect It Ch. 02

Story Info
When James is Angry.
17.8k words
4.4
6.8k
8

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/23/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rabdog
Rabdog
30 Followers

It took me longer than I thought to complete this second chapter. Please try to ignore any spelling and grammar mistakes. I am looking for an editor. If you would like to edit or have a suggestion, please let me know. The following story is my personal work, fiction and not related to real-life events or people. Any similarities are a coincidence. Characters are over 18. DO NOT COPY.

****

Chapter Two

It was on his way to bed that Lucas almost ran into his friend Trent Dayson. Trent and Lucas grew up together. Always finding themselves in trouble when they were around each other. When Lucas' dad, Ryan Lakeson stepped down as Alpha, Lucas took over. As the eldest son, Lucas was groomed to become Alpha. As far as who his second was going to be, that was not hard. From the moment Trent and Lucas became inseparable, everyone knew Trent would fill that role.

"Alpha!" Trent exclaimed, not expecting to see Lucas. Lucas was known to be up at all hours, though Trent was still surprised when he saw him climbing the stairs.

While respectful to be called Alpha, Lucas detested friends, like Trent, referring to him as Alpha when no one was around.

"Trent, for Luna's sake. Stop referring to me as Alpha when there is no one around." Lucas replied before realising that his friend was laughing at him.

"Sorry Lucas. But your face, man." Trent said as he continued to chuckle. "Being up at this hour, you surprised me. What are you doing up? Are you not organising the packs for the un-mated gathering in the morning?" He questioned.

Finding your mate can happen at any time in the year, however, the likely hood increases during the week of a full moon. With the next full moon only weeks away, Lucas was trying to gather the surrounding packs, as is the tradition. This year, the Lakeson's pack will play host.

Tradition used to dictate that once you found your mate, you had two months to complete the mating. On the selected full moon, there would be a celebration in recognition of the new mates. Packs, these days, do not carry traditions like this anymore. The mating pull is hard to ignore, with mates often not waiting until the full moon.

The only mating tradition followed is when the Alpha's find their mate. When Alpha's mate, they mate on a full moon as a thank you and praise to the Goddes Luna.

"I am. Thank you for reminding me." Lucas replied yawning. "I was going to ask tomorrow, but since you are here, I want you to watch James."

"As in follow or watch?" Trent inquired, glad Lucas was finally doing something about James. He had been worried for months. However, with the pack organising the un-mated gathering, Trent decided not to worry Lucas.

"Follow. Do not let him see you. Take note of what or whom he is interested with. Meet anyone he talks to, if possible. I want to know why he disappears. His behaviour is erratic and could cause problems with the humans. Especially if they were to discover what we are." Lucas finished as he yawned again.

"I will give you a detailed report. When we finish talking, I will place a tracker on his car. This way if he slips away, I can still follow him." Trent responded quickly seeing Lucas was tired. With James' behaviour, the pack had been questioning their Alpha's effectiveness. Compare him to his father. What they do not discuss is how Ryan Lakeson leads the pack during a time when war and chaos were prevalent and surrounded them. What Lucas does is keep the peace that they struggled to achieve and fight to keep.

"Thank you. I am off to bed, goodnight." Lucas said as he started up the stairs to his bedroom. When inside, Lucas changed clothes and collapsed on the bed. Exhausted and not bothering to get under the covers, he fell into a fitful sleep.

****

Stepping inside his one-bedroom house, James went straight to the bathroom. Wanting to take a shower before climbing into his bed. Instead of getting in bed naked, like he always does, James got dressed ready for when we would leave again. Setting his alarm, James fell straight to sleep. James dreamt of the days when he fell asleep with Emily in his arms. The alarm went off at six. Getting up, James went to his jeep. Certain no one else would be around and that he could leave without anyone else noticing. Passing the gates, James went straight to Rachael's, where he was certain Emily would still be.

****

At 6 o'clock, an incisive beeping woke Trent. Last night before crawling into bed with his mate, Trent sent an alert so he could be informed if James left. Not wanting to wake his partner, Trent quickly shut it off. Cursing under his breath, about the hour. He hated being up before seven. Trent now knew why no one ever saw or heard from him. Leaving as early as this.

Angelica murmured when the phone went off but turned over and went back to sleep. Trent Silently got up and dressed then proceeded to get a car. Selecting the black four-door Subaru from those set aside for visitors, special guest, and other occasions, Trent set off after James. Once he was 5 minutes behind, Trent slowed down and continued to follow.

Closing on the destination Trent slowed down. Not wanting to draw James attention away from the house, he parked three houses behind. Pulling out his laptop, Trent connected to the packs system and researched who currently lived in the house. Twenty-one minutes later Trent had found what he wanted. For the past 30 years, Justine and Julian Baxter have owned the house. They have raised four children, Scott, Bethann, Wes, and Rachael and currently have two grandchildren.

Two months ago, Scott and wife Rebecca had their first child, Xavier. They live in Sydney New South Wales, and only visit for Christmas and birthdays. Bethann moved out when she got pregnant with 4-year-old Louise. Bethann lives in Shepparton Victoria and is engaged to Ian, her current boyfriend of 3 years. Bethann visits home more than Scott.

Wes and Rachel still live with their parents. Trent continued with Wes, realising the older children would be of no help.

Wes graduated high school three years ago and started working for a security company immediately after. The company also gave his friends, Justin, Brandon and Frank jobs at same time. Nineteen months ago, James played on the same football team. Sorting through Wes' emails, phone records, social media, the works, Trent found James and Wes were friends. After becoming a werewolf, the tension became standard in his relationships. It was not until he quit the team that their friendship ended.

Next was Rachael.

Rachael finished her classes yesterday and has a month before exams start. An A+ student with offers from three universities already. Communicates with Alix Forelle, Maddy Drake and Emily Rubbinson the most. Rachael turned 18 in May, involved in swimming, winning a few competitions.

Going through Rachael's phone records, networking sites emails the work; he found no records of her being in contact with James. He did notice that Rachael and Emily talked about a James every day three and a half years ago. Trent was hoping to discover information like this. Two years ago, Rachael and Emily slowly stopped talking about James until six months ago when Emily told Rachael that they had broken up due to his 'change in nature'. Trent went to those messages and started reading.

Emily to Rachael 14/03/2016

Decided to end things with James today. He has changed too much in the last year and a half.

Rachael to Emily 14/03/2016

I have to agree, from what you have told me and what I have seen from him. Though ending things on the exact three-year date might not have been a good thing.

Emily to Rachael 14/03/2016

OMG! You are right. How could I be so stupid? I wanted out of the emotional and physical baggage he dumped on me. Three years ago, he seemed so kind and sweet. At least for the first year and a half. After the accident, he gradually became controlling and restricted with everything. He got jealous if I talk to any other male. Overnight, I swear, he got bigger. I still think he is on drugs. Another reason for it to end. The only thing I have heard from James is how I cannot see anyone. No friends and no school. James wants me to move in with him because he does not want me to live with my parents. I got worried he would hurt someone I care about or me. I cannot let that happen. Now I am worried, on the day of our three-year anniversary I say this...

I can no longer see you as we have become different. You have become different. I hate being scared of you. It is stressing and making me nervous. Everyone thinks I am going to have an emotional breakdown. You are not good for me anymore. I do not care what you have to say. I no longer wish to see you. Goodbye, James. You need some help.

Rachael to Emily 14/03/2016

Not the best day to say it but I am glad that you finally did. Now to can come out with the girls and have fun.

Realising it was becoming a werewolf that destroyed James' relationship; Trent saved the messages to the pack's servers. James tried to continue living a human life but was unable to maintain it. However, it was not for lack of trying.

Come 12 0'clock and James was still sitting in the car, listening to something. Then it clicked. James is using a parabolic microphone and is listening to the conversations inside. Which would mean Emily is inside with Rachael.

****

Having played sport since they were ten years old, everyone was up at seven or a little after. The men allowed the women to have showers first while they made pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, and porridge. The smell wafting upstairs had them rushing through their morning routines.

"I could get used to this," Alix commented as she walked into the kitchen ahead of the others.

"Do not, this is a one-time deal," Wes smiled looking up from the stove as Maddy and Rachael rounded the corner. "Well, that is not fair, everything I do for you." Pouted Rachael, with the hidden smile that Wes is used to seeing.

"Where's Emily?" Brandon asked as Wes returned to the pancakes and he started to plate the toast and get the juice.

"Still in the shower?" Alix guessed as Maddy and Rachael took a seat on either side of her.

"The pancakes have finished cooking, so I will go and see what see is doing." Wes was quick to reply. Causing all eyes to look at him.

"You are always checking on her. You sweet on her or something?" Frank offhandedly spoke as he placed the rest of the food on the table.

Everyone laughed at the eye roll Wes gave. Upon exiting the kitchen, Wes turned around. "Which room is she in?" "Mums and Dads" Rachael mumbled around a mouth full of pancakes and bacon.

Wes just shook his head and continued to the stairs.

The house has four and a half bathrooms. Wes and Scott's rooms share while Bethann and Rachael's rooms share. There is one in the parent's master and one downstairs in the guest room. There is also a separate powder room, which is also downstairs.

Wes knocked on the door and upon hearing no response, knocked again before entering the bedroom.

Entering, he gathered that she must still be in the bathroom. Walking across the room, Wes knocked on the bathroom door.

"Emily, breakfast has been served. Come down when you are ready." Wes called out. Receiving a barely audible thank you, Wes entered.

"Emily, are you ok? Is it ok if I come in?" Wes was concerned with her sounding so sad that he opened the door. As Wes entered, he saw her sitting clothed on the ground.

I expected Wes to return to the kitchen after I responded. Instead, he opened the door and when he saw me sitting on the floor, came over to where I was. I had been sitting on the floor for the past 20 minutes. Knees up to my chest, head resting on top with my arms wrapped around me, still holding my phone.

"Emily" Wes softly spoke as if not to spook me as he lowered himself so he was sitting beside me.

"Emily, talk to me please." He tried again and this time, I lifted my head. I could guess what I looked like after crying for the past 20 minutes. Raising my hand, I showed him my phone. Displayed on the screen was a message from an unknown number.

Unknown 1/10/2016

Alix is going first. I wonder how her brothers would react losing their sister after losing their parents not that long ago? Meet me this afternoon at our spot at one, alone or I make good on this threat. Love You. ♥

Wes looked back at me after reading it for the second time, trying hard to hide his expression. I could see the worry. When he found his voice, Wes only asked, "Who?"

I locked eyes with him and with a trembling voice responded, "James, who else could it be?"

Apologetically Wes looked at me, pulled me to his side, wrapped his arms around me and just held me while I started to cry again. I try not to cry anymore. After losing my siblings and seeing my parent grief never leave them, I vowed that I would always be happy for them and never cry. When my tears dried up, I moved to look at Wes. Upon this movement, he lessened his hold and looked back at me. When our eyes meet, I asked what I hoped he would do. "Please, do not mention this. I do not want them to worry. I want to talk with James. Try and get him to leave me alone."

I could tell Wes was considering what I had asked, so I kept silent.

"Let me be there with you. The others will never know. I still want to accompany you, though."

"You cannot go Wes." I started. "I cannot let him see you or let him know that you are there. We do not know what he could do to you. You have no idea where the place is. We used to go there to get some space from our lives." Talking about the spot had me feeling nostalgic. It was at that place that I first noticed his change. Returning to the place was something I never thought of doing.

Wes realised what had caused me to drift. Slowly he brought me back to now.

"Listen," He spoke while checking his watch. "It has only just become 8 o'clock. Meaning you have 5 hours before you have to meet him. That is if you decide to meet him. For now, though, come down have some breakfast, if there is any left. Then at 12, I will ask you what you are going to do. If you go, I will drive you. After I leave, I will go into town. When you have finished, you can call me. Agreed?" I nodded; I was in no mood to argue.

"Good." Wes replied. When he starts to plan, you do not interrupt.

I nodded. "Thank you. You dropping me off will make me feel better."

After that, we got up off the cold floor and headed downstairs to join the others for breakfast. I decided to skip my shower.

****

Exactly as it reached 12 o'clock, Wes came up to me to see if I was still going to meet with James. Looking at my expression, he nodded and said that when I wanted to leave to let him know.

That what is what I did. At 12:40, I got Wes and got into his car. Told him to drop me off at Chestnut Point, where I would walk the 5 minutes to get to the spot and meet with James. The car ride to Chestnut point was silent.

As I went to get out of the car, Wes lightly grabbed hold of my upper arm, making me turn to face him. "Are you sure about this. I have a bad feeling about it Emily. I don't want you to go." I gave him a gentle nod. "Wes, I'll be ok. I will call you if I need you. Ok?" "Makes me feel better," Wes, replied as he let go of my arm and I got out of the car.

I closed the door, turned and watched as Wes reversed and left me there. I turned around looked at the view that show most the town and resigned myself to the walk.

****

James ended up leaving 20 minutes before Emily. After hearing the conversation between Emily and Wes, James wanted to arrive early. Driving the Jeep allowed James to park where he could be undetected so he had time to set up his plan. Not many if any knew about this place. It was so far off the main trail.

He did. He found that clearing

James and Emily spent much time there together. Sitting and talking about anything. The future, past and present. They made plans for their future there. That is why he chose this spot to abduct her. Shove her into the jeep gag, tie her up and take her to his cabin that no one knew about, not even her. That is his plan. He had been preparing for this day ever since she had dumped him on their three-year anniversary. Paybacks a bitch he laughed silently to himself.

****

Trent's realisation that James had a parabolic mic with him had him reaching for his own. Getting it out, he started listening to James and the conversation inside the house. While listening inside of the house, Trent heard Wes ask Emily if she was still meeting with James. Hearing that Emily was meeting with James, had Trent suspicious as to what James was planning.

Turning the mic to James car, he heard James laughingly say "that's right, come to me bitch and no one will ever find you again. 'Emily Rubbinson presumed dead' will be in all the newspapers." James continued to laugh. "We will be together forever. No escaping me this time." Ten minutes later, that James took off. Trent waited for five minutes before following. Before taking off after James, he called his Alpha to inform him on what James was planning.

****

Video conferencing made talking to other Alphas easier than them having to leave their compounds for face-to-face meetings. It had also made it safer. So far, four pack Alpha's had confirmed their pack's attendance and how many would be attending.

The Wreadamon pack were going to be sending their Alpha Stephan Wreadamon and his mate, Alpha Collette. With them will be four Betas and six unmated were's, four male and two female. The Thitead pack were going to be sending their Alpha Orlando Thitead and his mate, Alpha Zarita. With them will be four Betas and seven unmated were's, three male and four female.

The Hazauce pack were going to be sending Alpha Loronzo Hazauce and his mate, Alpha to be Quintessa Thitead. Quintessa is the youngest daughter of Alpha Orlando and Alpha Zarita Thitead. Alpha Loronzo Hazauce will also have his sister and Alpha Josephine. Alpha Loronzo has recently found his mate as Alpha Orlando is protective of his family. With them will be six Betas and nine unmated were's, four males and five female.

The Craulance pack were going to be sending their Alpha Francisco Craulance and his mate, Alpha Yasmine. Their son and heir, Desmond Craulance and his partner, Paulina Longarac, will also accompany them as Alpha Francisco is stepping down in the next few months. With them will be ten Betas and six unmated were's, three male and three female.

Lucas still had seven packs to contact throughout today and tomorrow. Getting off his call with the Alpha from the Wreadamon pack, Stephan, his cell rang. Seeing it was Trent, hastily he answered it.

"Give me some good news, Trent." Lucas somewhat wearily opened.

"James is going to grab a girl." Trent hesitantly reported.

"SHIT!" Lucas' exclaim caused Trent to remove his phone from his ear.

"I know. Do you want me to stop him and hope he doesn't attempt again or follow and rescue her so he can face punishment?" Trent quickly replied, trying to get his Alpha to calm.

"Try to stop him. Letting him abduct her will result in your punishment. It ought to be effortless for you to stop but do not challenge him. You do not know what he could do if he does not achieve his goal." Lucas responded. He did not want anyone to second-guess his friend. He did not want to second-guess his friend.

"Will do," Trent replied before his Alpha ended the call.

****

Trent was in trouble already. He could see that James had gone off the main trail and knew if he were to follow, James would catch him. Either by sight or smell, it did not matter he was stuck. A car pulled up ten minutes later and knew it was Wes and Emily. Quickly running over to some nearby bushes, Trent hid and waited to see what would happen.

Rabdog
Rabdog
30 Followers