Where Fire and Ice Mix Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ghost snorted, "Sorry Bitch, but he had done this five times before you! If you don't trust what I'm saying, I had brought his diary with me so you could read it after I had caught you. But you never gave me the chance to tell you before you had my girlfriend raped and killed!"

"I still have all the things you had with you, where was it?" Tara demanded.

"In the pocket on my left arm of my armor." He replies with a snarl.

Tara stomps out of the casting room determined to find the proof that Ghost was lying.

Ghost sighed in relief and turned his head to Gerrof, "I hate my first name thanks to my birth father, but that is something for another time. I need to know more about magic, as I understood what she said when she cast the spell and I felt the power enter me. What do you know about spell casting?"

Gerrof snorts, "I'm a Knight, not a Sorcerer, but what I understand of the subject is that one's will and how well one speaks the language are the main things, besides being able to feel the power. Any Material Components are there just to help focus the magic."

Ghost nods and whispered while focusing on the shackles after a few minutes he swore, "I can feel the spell start to work, then it slides off."

Gerrof shakes his head, "Doesn't surprise me, those cowardly spell slingers make war on each other all the time and she probably has the restraints spelled so her enemies can free themselves magically."

"Well, plan B then..." another whispered spell and he asked, "So, can you beautiful beasts understand me know?"

"You're an odd human, but I can," the spider stated.

The griffon nods, "I like you!"

Gerrof stared; he's never even heard whispers of any spell like this.Thiswashonorablespell.

Ghost asked the two if they would help them. The animals agreed, with easily met requests. Ghost then tried several spells that he made on the spot, but the cages were reinforce so magic could not touch them and when Ghost tried floating a loose mettle bar over to try to brake it, the bar could not get within five feet.

"Well, you can't say that the bitch isn't **thirrow**," Ghost muttered. Then he looked at the staring Gerrof, and asked, "What?"

"That was the most power that I've ever seen a magic user ever put out! Do you have anything else?"

"Magic is easy for me because its language is also mine. Now we only have ten or so minutes before she comes back. So, since nothing else worked, I want to see what she has planned for us." Ghost floated the spell book that Tara left on the stand to be in front of him and read.

When Tara came back into the room, she saw nothing wrong as she glided over to Ghost and kissed him passionately on his unresponsive lips and cooed, "Oh you sweet human! I am so sorry about how I killed that girl. If I knew, I just would have just slit her throat!"

She then skipped over to the books and looked at them while preparing to cast the three spells she had planned. Ghost warned her, "I should warn you, the language of magic is my native tong, and you do not speak it well."

Tara grinned tolerantly, "I know that if you could do magic that you would try everything you could think of to get out of this bind, and if that didn't exhaust you, you would have read my spells and found that trying to counter spell them would create a painful feedback loop, so now you're trying to bluff me. That's not going to work!" and she triumphantly started to cast the magic.

Little did she know that the same inventiveness that she admired in Ghost was going to bite her in the ass.

Ghost was not planning to fight the first two of the three spells, but improve them!

The first spell, one to link two minds so that they could communicate and empathize with each other, was nicely done and only a few tweaks were needed.

When the spell was done Gerrof 'heard' in his head, //Don't really panic, but sound like it. Everything is happening according to my plan.\\

"He's in my head!" Gerrof squawked, "And he's telling me not to panic, everything is going according to his plan!"

Tara grinned, and then started the [[lycanthropy]] spell.

But this time Gerrof understood what both she and Ghost was saying, and according to everything he knew about magic, which wasn't enough, Ghost's spell sounded more potent. And the more potent of two spells with the same target, using the same source of material components, would win the contest. But tipping the decision in Ghost's favor, he soon realized, was that Ghostwas notcompeting, he wascorrectingthe spell, working with, not against, Tara. It was brilliant, Tara wouldn't since a struggle and wouldn't fight theadditionsto her spell as she couldn't even sense them.

The second spell was a long one. And after she was done, she had to wait ten minutes for the pain of the transformation to subside.

And then, as Tara had foreseen, the now half griffon Ghost yelled at the now half spider Gerrof, "Now! Use your new strength to brake free and rush her!" It was a beautiful move, and she appreciated the rippling mussels of the two half people/half beasts but, just as she had planned, she completed her spell just as they broke free.

She was anticipating the empty, confused looks of the mind wiped and slid her robe open to reveal more of her minimal, but there, feminine curves that she had as an elf, let down her hair and gave the two a sultry, soldering look that promised sex.

Gerrof grinned mockingly at her as Ghost started to rip open the cages containing the ... The animals were still in the cages!?!How...She scanned the spell on the two and gasped.

Ghost had altered her spell!!! She saw the fact that he had added lines to the weave and all the lines of it was smooth. 'The language of magic is my native tong,' he had warned her. He had barely altered the first spell, only strengthening it, which had 'faked her out', as the humans would put it, and she fell for it. When he altered the [[lycanthropy]] he included a protection to the minds from magic.

Tara dodged the man-beast Gerrof and the two animals trying to get to a hidden wand. It was her last ditch effort weapon and it was powerful. The wand had eight gemstones, each had a different spell stored in it and had enough power to cast it at least one hundred times. Normally she wouldn't consider using something like this, but she was exhausted and only had enough juice to cast one or two spells.

She aimed her wand then paused for a thought and spared a glance to Ghost.

Ghost was not one to lead his [[FBI]] team into the fight. Not because he was a coward, but because his mind had always been his best weapon. He often had a command post overlooking the action with ways of seeing everything that was happening and a [[sniper rifle]] to backup his team, who thought him too valuable to risk, although the few times he had been confronted face to face by a bad guy had always been to the criminal's detriment. Even now he was holding back and directing the action, and she saw why: his magic reserves were barely tapped. And why shouldn't they be, she forgot his favorite trick to play was to let the opponent to put themselves into the noose before he kicked the stool. Now he was waiting for her to cast something he could twist on her and she couldn't attack him as she couldn't kill an immortal and his mind could not be affected by magic...

She dodged another triple attack and realized: she couldn't affect hismind, the spell didn't say anything about his body! She did come across another spell that would give her some control over him, it wasn't perfect and she'd have to give him pretty free access to her sexually for it to work as the spell was to enhance a person's sex drive and sexual characteristics by a factor of four.

She had come across this spell, and dismissed it as she looked for a way to control the [[Lycanthropes]] she had planned to make after watching several [[werewolf movies]] on Earth and then researching the subject. But right now it sounded like a good idea... as long as he didn't realize what she was doing. So she whispered the spell so quietly even she could barely hear it.

But Ghost could read lips. He had kept this skill quiet though, as a trump card for a situation similar to this. And now it was paying off. He recognized the words of thereallybad English that Tara was speaking, but not the content, so he shouted, [[Return to Tara the spell she has cast!]] as she made a tossing motion towards him.

Tara watched in horror as her badly made spell (another reason she didn't want to use it) hit Ghost'sperfectshield spell. And the horror was compounded by the fact that she knew that when an imperfect spell hits an even near perfect reflect, the imperfect spell often picked up an enhanced effect. Tara moaned as the spell took hold on her body and her barely there womanly curves exploded outward into a **prodatty** of feminine sexuality and her now cunt started to drip with a now permanent arousal and her intellect narrowed to solving the problem of filling her now sex starved body.

---+---+---+---

Ghost was telling the tail again, as he and Gerrof had been trading back and forth, sometimes finishing each others' thoughts, "We spent the next week there while I looked through her books to find the spell that she had used. During that time I came across some basic instruction books and had read about the Enhancement Reaction and figured out what had happened. When I found the spell I was horrified to see that it was a Catalyst not an Enchantment, so the spell had caused her body to grow that way had faded when its job was complete and instead of just dispelling it I'd have to find a counter spell," he sighed.

Topaz and Wanderleaf saw that despite what he had said earlier and his raging dislike for her, Ghost regretted what fate had dealt to Tara. Topaz asked, "So what did ya do with her?"

As Ghost was too embarrassed to answer Gerrof did, "She's now serving the lusts of the Guard to The Crowns, since they have that spell that enhances their physical powers with the side effect that their sexual needs."

"I told you that Toy Girl looked like Tara!" Wanderleaf stated to Topaz.

"Can we get off of this?" Ghost squawked, "In your letter to Gerrof you said that The Emperors had a task for the three of you? Oh, and you should know that I have to come with because I didn't get that the Mind Binding is a connective spell and has a three mile radius so we have to stick together or we're drawn back to each others' side, so I didn't fix that in my reworking."

Gerrof's two old friends shrug, as they had gotten that separating the two was going to be impossible.

Wanderleaf pulled a scroll from his robes and looked at the table, which was now cleaned from supper and he hadn't noticed until now. At his shocked expression Gerrof smiled, "Some things it's nice to have a sorcerer in the house for."

Just as Wanderleaf was going to roll out the scroll, a servant came to the door.

"Master Ghost," the grizzled man servant intoned, "There is a most creepy Pantheren wanting to speak with you, and because of my former master's dealings with them, I believe he's with the Assassin's Guild."

"Why...?"

Gerrof spoke up, "Ghost do not panic! The Guild is a leagle way of killing someone here as long as their target is perceived rich enough to also hire The Guild. And then they wouldn't use the front door! So if he's Guild..."

"... He's here to talk other business," Ghost finished. He then dropped his robe (Giving Wanderleaf a small thrill) and shifted to his half way state, becoming taller than any Beasten, other than the Giraffe, at thirteen feet eight inches tall and walked silently out of the room.

Sir Merrath of the Assassin's Guild was waiting patiently in the waiting room of Earl Gerrof's manor for a person known as Ghost that it had took three months to find after the Duke's death. Although the Imperial investigators couldn't figure out who did it The Guild found out rather quickly as the house nearly blew up in one of their agent's faces and he saw a form sneak off from the scene.

A figure that suddenly appeared in the inner door and that Merrath agreed that was terrifying.

Ghost glared down at the Pantheren and stated, "So you wish to speak with The Ghost. I am here."

The Pantheren, who did have the look of a successful hired killer, as he recognized it from the times he hunted them as an FBI agent, did give off a hint of fear the first moment that he saw him, clapped and stated, "Well done! I am defiantly warned that you will kill me if I try anything funny here. I am Sir Merrath head of The Imperial Assassins' Division of the Assassins' Guild. We take care of those criminals that the Official Law Enforcement can't touch, such as Duke Gourhaust..."

Merrath gave a wolfish grin to Ghost and said, "Don't worry, we covered for you when asked, but even we wouldn't have had a clue if one of our agents did not spot you."

"And what do you want for this favor?" Asked a wary Ghost.

"There is nothing to hold against you, as all evidence but one man's memory dissipated or was destroyed by your action, and we can't use him against you becausehewas there to do the job you did and he was a pledge. Neither of you were under our umbrella of protection. He was smart enough to get a good description of you even though you scared the hells out of him," he cocked his head, "And we're counting your display as an impressive audition. Now I know you have to be an honorable person to live with Earl Gerrof, and we respect that, but that's what the Imperial Assassins are about. We give honest killers an outlet by pointing them at those who are breaking the public trust, no matter how high up in the government they are."

"I used to hunt people who did what your people do," Ghost stated, "Back on my world, what assassins do is illegal. Now I'm supposed to just roll over and..."

"Ah... You're from the other world!" Merrath interrupted, [[I'm sorry, let me explain a few things,]] he continued.

Ghost nods and says, "Let's go to my lab, it'll contain any accidental magic," at Merrath's nod Ghost gestures and say a few words and suddenly they're in a clean white room. Ghost then turns human and puts on a robe that was on the large desk, [[You know of my world? How?]] he then demanded

Merrath smiles, [[Our guild has kept a few secrets. One is the easy way to travel between worlds, FBI Special Agent Samuel B. Ward,]] at Ghost's surprise Merrath Grins and put on a certain ring. Suddenly Ghost was looking at Mackenzie Simon, a man that the higher ups had sent to help on a few cases, [[Just because we call ourselves Assassins does not mean we are like those you have hunted.]]

[[Mac!?!]]Ghost exclaimed, [[But how...]]

Merrath chuckles, [[The spell the casters use is more complex than it has to be, but we did that, way back when, to protect your world. And you're wrong Ghost, you've never hunted people like me over there. Those people may call themselves Assassins, but they are a pathetic bunch of base killers trying to sound more impressive than they really are. An Assassin over here only kills if there is no other way to stop the person. Many of those that we have 'disappeared' are actually in other countries, some are hiding as we moved them away from those that ordered their death and still more are just in other professions or had stopped competing for what-ever as the contractee just wanted them to stop what they were doing. Some few were targets of a character assassin and wish they were never born, it all depends on what is wanted by the client who the Guild assigns and it is up to that person as to what, if anything is done. Also The Imperial Division can assign non-traditional missions such as...]] he pulls out a scroll similar to the one that Wanderleaf had for Gerrof.

[[And I was wondering what you had to tempt me.]] Ghost grins.

//You should accept,\\ Gerrof put in his two cents.

//But-\\

//No Ghost, he's right about how Assassins work here, and it's a much more honorable profession then a spell caster – even though they still let magic users still use magic. But you being an Assassin would relax me about you using spells.\\

//*sigh* alright,\\ "I accept your proposal Merrath, but,Iget to decide which assignments I take, with full disclosure and I get to check for the one I want if I come in."

"That is all standard," Merrath smirks, "You also get to accept missions derectly from people, and with those you can set the price. But, you do have to report them before you start them."

Ghost nods, "Gerrof is coming down here with Wanderleaf and Topaz. He said what he saw was disturbing."

"A last bit of business," Merrath passes a badge, a patch and two bags, one was much larger than the other, over to Ghost, "The Badge is for when you're working, the patch is for your protection, as you're a human – sort of – The small bag is a standard signing bonus, and I'm suppose to recommend that you use some to get better stuff or pay off debts, and the larger one is for services rendered, and you would have got that one even if you did say no."

Ghost grinned, "I was thinking about going to the local Guild hall tomorrow to sign up as many do not like my Mage's Guild badge, I was just giving you a hassle as I don't want to be thought of as easy," and then he said a few words in English to summon his sash on which he had his Free Human badge and his Mage's Guild badge sewn on and started to sew his new badge when Merrath exploded, "What in the Seventeen Hells!?! Ghost, do you know what that Badge means?" while he pointed at the Mage's Guild Badge. Ghost looked at Merrath as Gerrof and his friends walked in.

"What does my Badge mean?" asked Ghost in a voice so cold everyone in the room felt Death step on their graves.

Wondering if he was about to sign someone's death warrant, and more afraid of what could happen if he didn't answer, the deadly Assassin Merrath squeaked, "It calls you a slave of the Mage's Guild in the name of Grand Duke Urethane."

Gerrof sighs as Ghost pronounces, "I warned him that if he screwed with me he'd rue it for the rest of his life!" and he muttered two spells, one , under normal cercumstances, was a blessing.

Topaz, thinking he just witnessed someone being assigned a horrible death asked, "What were that?"

Ghost grinned at the dwarf, "The second spell allows him to live his normal lifespan, as long as he doesn't get killed by someone. The first cursed him with a regenerative manhood that is plagued by a painful, constant erection that is so large no woman his race would go near it. And even if he found someone to try to help, touching it will cause the pain to worsen. Also the spell can only be countered by me."

Topaz gulped, "Aye... Gerrof, if'n I'm to contract a terminal case of Stupid and piss off yer new friend, do me a favor and kill me quick!"

"Aye," the other two males seconded, in the tradition of the Dwarves.

"I doubt it'll ever come to that," Ghost and Gerrof said **simotainiously**.

---+---+---+---

On the other side of town.

The human maid ran into her lord's, A Rabbiten Seer, bedchamber at his first scream, even though she thought it was one of his harem at first. When she saw that his Manhood was so large, she first thought it was a spell went wrong and ran next door to the Grand Vizier's, A Ratten trader that got chosen by an Emperor, home to get help, even though she knew that neither liked the other well.

The Ratten looked over the Rabbiten and laughed, "You just had to piss of Ghost with a Slave Badge didn't you? I'll give him an official apology on the behalf of the Guild when he comes in tomorrow with Gerrof to help with the situation."