Where the Lines Overlap Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked up at him, my eyes starting to water as I felt the gravity of his words hitting me. "Why?" I choked out.

"Because, I'd much rather..." he started and I started to fill in the rest of his sentence in my head. I'd much rather see other people. I'd much rather date an elite. I'd much rather not be gay. "I'd much rather be the 'best husband' to you," he finished.

My eyes furrowed at his words, looking up at him, not having really processed what he had just said. All I knew was that it wasn't anything I was thinking. "What?" I asked.

I saw a smirk grace his features as he slowly descended down onto one knee, holding out a black box to me. In said box, sat a metal band, glistening against the light in the room. I looked from the little box, up to Taron's beaming face. "Kevin Branson, would you give me the honor of becoming the best husband to you?" he asked.

I stared at him in shock for what I guess was close to ten seconds. In all that time, the smirk on Taron's face hadn't dropped. On the contrary, his smug look only seem to me getting worse. Finally regaining most of my senses, I didn't reply him, but instead gave him a shove, causing him to lose his balance and fall back onto his ass.

"You fucking asshole," I scolded. "You scared me half to death you idiot."

"Is that a no then?" he asked, rubbing his ass with one hand but still holding the ring out to me with the other.

"I feel like saying no, after that fucking stunt you just pulled," I shouted.

"You feel like saying no? So means you're saying yes?" he asked, shooting me a cheeky smile.

I rolled my eyes, lying back down onto the bed. "Well of course it's a yes, regardless of the fact that you're an asshole." I heard Taron get off the floor, before climbing over me and sitting down on top of me. I grunted as he let his weight onto my abdomen. "Fuck, you're heavy," I choked out.

He didn't say anything as he grabbed my left hand, slipping the titanium band onto my ring finger. He looked at it for a second, smiled, then climbed off of me back onto his side of the bed. Wordlessly, he lay down beside me and rested his head on my chest. "I'm sorry for scaring you," he said, though I could still hear the slight chuckle in his tone.

"You'd better be. No sex for a week," I said.

"Meh," he replied, shrugging his shoulders. "I went two weeks without sex the last time. No biggie. Besides, I get the rest of my life to make love to you anyway."

I sighed, bringing up my left hand and examining the ring on my finger more closely this time. "Firstly, why the sudden proposal? And secondly, that's got to be the worst proposal ever."

"For the first question, why not? I love you and I don't plan on letting you go ever again. Marriage seemed the next logical option," he said, smiling up at me. Did I think it was too fast? Maybe, but hey I loved him and personally, I felt like it was going to happen one day anyway. Why not now? "As for the second statement, yes it probably was the worst proposal ever." He laughed as he said this. "But bad proposal is better than no proposal. Don't act like you didn't like it."

I scoffed at him. "Didn't like it? I hated it. I seriously thought you were breaking up with me. It's a good thing I love you."

"I love you too," he said, kissing me on the lips. "My husband to be."

I thought about it. Husband. I did like that more than boyfriend. Okay, so maybe that wasn't the worse proposal ever. It would be a nice story to tell our kids one day, wouldn't it? Besides, I loved the asshole and he could have proposed to me in any kind of way and I would have still said yes.

What can I say, love makes you stupid.

———THE END———

There you have it guys. That's all folks. Tell me what you thought about it. Love it, hate it?

Till next time guys! See ya

12