Where Was She Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ok", I began. "Talk to me and tell me why you are so down." I settled down beside her, our thighs touching softly. I know I felt a stirring down between my legs but tried not to be too obvious about it. After all, it had been some time for me, beginning even before Paula's cheating.

"Well, I was asked to come down to the home office to discuss my future with the company. I was expecting a promotion and a new assignment since I had just finished one of the most successful years in our division. Our sales exceeded projections by over 15% and it was mainly due to my actions. Everyone knew it and they all expected me to be promoted as well."

She took another drink of her draft, put it down and then picked it up again to take a deeper drink. She handled her beer well and seemed to be thinking before continuing. I just waited, watching her. She was even more beautiful up close and I enjoyed the view. Her hair was shiny and soft and I wanted to run my hands through it just to feel it's softness. Her skin was flawless and pale, a nice contrast to her hair. When she talked, I watched her mouth with fascination. Her lips were moist and inviting. But most appealing were her eyes when she focused them on me. That ice blue was compelling and I felt as if I was drowning in them.

She continued, seemingly unaware of the effect she had on me. But, I listened, curious as well as attracted. "My boss, Mr. Atkins, met with me this morning. He congratulated me on my performance, promised that there would be a nice bonus in my next check and then dropped the bombshell. I was not being promoted. Another gentleman from the home office was getting the promotion. A man I knew and despised. He's a loser who made his way on other people's work."

Another drink from the glass, this time with a slight slam of the glass onto the table. I winced, expecting the glass to shatter, but nothing happened and I relaxed. She was lost in another world, probably reliving the disappointment.

"He told me that I had done a remarkable job and that I was a major member of the sales team but that he felt Roger, the other man, was a better organizer and could work better with management. I made my feelings clear to him about Roger, about my performance and my desire to be promoted. He listened but told me that the decision had been made at higher levels. He was sorry, but that was that."

She stopped, looked at me with those clear icy blue eyes and I wanted to smash Roger's face in, even though I had never met him. While I was at it, I would smash Mr. Atkins' face in as well. Both of them, for hurting this vision of loveliness in front of me. I told her so with passion and anger burning inside me. I only wished I could make her smile, make her lose that sad look in her eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes.

"Del, would you like to take me to bed? Right now?" Her face was serious, and her eyes were wet. I wasn't sure why she was about to cry but her words were echoing around in my head like a shout. Did I want to take her to bed? Was the Pope Catholic? Did a bear shit in the woods? Did I?

"Lena, I would love to take you to bed, now or anytime, but I have to tell you my story first. It may make you change your mind." What the hell was I doing? My mouth was making words but my brain was trying like hell to stop it. She offered me paradise and my mouth wanted to talk to her! Shit!

"I doubt that whatever you say will change my mind. You're an attractive man, I'm in the mood for some real loving and I think I'm not too bad looking myself. Are you sure you want to risk it?" She was smiling now, not a real happy smile but it was not that sad one she had used all evening. I wanted to take her to my room right now, but instead my mouth said, "I have to risk it."

She finished her draft, asked me for a refill and settle back to listen. She was still smiling and she laid a hand over mine. "Go ahead and tell me your story. I'll listen."

I began, not even sure what my stupid mouth was going to say, but since it started this whole thing, I let it go. "I'm married, for the moment, but I'm not sure if I'm going to stay that way. My wife and my brother had an affair. I found out and I don't know what I'm going to do about it. I told my brother to get out of my life and I haven't seen him since. I haven't talked to my wife other than to make arrangements for our son who had a medical emergency on the same night my wife was fucking my brother. She should have been home at the time but she wasn't. The doctors tell me that it didn't make a difference but she wasn't there when he needed her."

I stopped, looked over to see how she was taking this but she simply sat there, waiting for me to finish. She smiled encouragingly, letting me know that it was OK so far. But now for the part that was bothering me the most.

"The problem is that I don't know why she did it. I always thought we were perfect and that our sex life was good. But my brother is bigger than me: I mean taller, wider across the shoulders, and heavier. I guess he would be bigger than me in the sex department as well, so maybe she wasn't happy with me and he was more of what she needed." I was sweating now, saying things that up to now I had only thought about in a half hearted way. "So, maybe you would be disappointed."

To her credit, Lena didn't laugh although I saw her lips twitch and her eyes flash. She turned away while she controlled herself and I thought when she did she would tell me that we should forget the whole thing. I wouldn't blame her. Regardless, I felt like a fool now and I doubted I could be good company in the sex department. I looked away, waiting for her to say something. As I was about to give up, I felt her hand on my shoulder and I turned to look at her.

"Del. I don't know what your wife thinks or why she did what she did. I know that it makes little difference to most women how big a guy is. If it did, we'd all be dating porn stars. I've dated a lot of guys and I've been intimate with some, but I can't honestly say that I've noticed much in that department. They're either very good in bed or not, but size has never been the determining factor." She smiled at me in a way that made me feel much better. "I doubt that I will be disappointed."

I took her at her word and paid the check. We sat there finished our beers, looking at each other till I rose and took her hand. "Would you feel better in my room or yours?"

She put one hand on my cheek and simply said, "yours." When my heart settled down, I led her out of the lounge, across the lobby, and to the elevator. We said little as we rose to my floor and walked down the hall to my room. Once inside, she turned to me and melted into my arms. I had only a moment when I questioned what I was about to do but it was gone in a flash as her lips met mine and we began the age old quest to see who could get their clothes off first. I lost.

The first time was very fast and very rough. Mainly on her side. She was wild and I fought hard to stay with her, but I succeeded. She wanted to be in control and she climbed on top of me, grabbed my cock in her hand and mounted me with little foreplay. She leaned over with her hands on my shoulders for support while I grabbed her breasts. She rode me to her fist climax while I went along for the ride. I was content to let her drive while I continued to fondle her breasts as she bounced atop me. I was pleased when she climaxed and I didn't. As she collapsed onto me, her breath coming in gasps, her body covered in a sheen of moisture, she laughed, "Well, that was fun. In my opinion, your wife is a moron!"

I waited until her breathing calmed down and she stopped shuddering. I flipped her over onto her back as she laughed in glee and climbed between her legs. I lowered myself down, rubbing my still hard cock against her lips, spreading some moisture over the head before entering her. As I slipped inside, her eyes closed and her mouth opened and she arched up to meet me. I started slowly, savoring the feel of her tightness, even now after the first wild ride. She was so tight, so soft, that I wanted to prolong this as long as possible. I wanted to go slow, but after the first few strokes and her humping up to meet me, my urgency began to build. I tried to control myself but it was no good. I began to move faster and faster as she wrapped her legs around my waist. I groaned once and began to pump as hard as I could. She was whispering in my ear to go faster and harder. She was keeping up a steady stream of encouragement which I answered with all my strength. I felt my balls tighten and then I came! I had never cum so hard in my life. I just held myself tightly inside her as I emptied my load inside her. She kept me there with her legs until I wilted.

She let her legs down and I moved back to take my weight off her. I tried to roll off her but she had her arms around me and wouldn't let me go. She smiled into my eyes and said, "That was something else. I can never remember cuming like that before. You were terrific. You really were. Thank you for cheering me up. I feel better than I have all damn day."

I laughed and kissed her once more before saying, "I'm too heavy for you. If you let me go, I'll get off."

She just tightened her grip. "You're not heavy, you just feel good. I want you right here on top of me until you're ready to go again."

I laughed, kissed my way down her face and neck to her breasts and said, "Prepare yourself for a long night." In only a short while, I felt myself coming back to life and prepared to make a move when she felt it as well. She reached down between us and took me in her hand. "I think someone is ready to go again. How do you feel about doggy fashion?" When I smiled, she knew we had a go. The rest of that night went by so quickly, and I'll never forget a minute of it as long as I live.

I think that night changed me forever in so many ways. My confidence was back, my desire was rekindled and I felt like a man again. She was what I needed and I thanked providence for sending her my way that night. We woke the next morning in each other's arms and the first thing I saw was her contented smile. I returned it in kind as I rose to find my pants. I picked up the phone and ordered room service for coffee and toast. It was only 6:30 and I didn't have to be in the plant anytime before 9:00 that morning. She told me she was flying home that morning so she would have to leave by 7:30 but that left us an hour. We took a shower together where nothing happened but some very nice cuddling and rubbing, then we dried off and spent the remaining time talking and exchanging numbers. Neither of us expected to ever see each other again, but the afterglow was enough to allow us the fantasy.

Just before Lena left to go back to her room to pack for her trip home, she stepped up against me and put her hands on my face, framing it. "Whatever reason your wife had for what she did, it had nothing to do with your abilities in the bedroom. You were a great lover and I enjoyed it as much if not more than any other time I can remember. Because I respect you, I swear to you I'm telling the truth. Go home and talk to your wife. The failure wasn't you, at least not in that way. Find out what's broken and fix it! Don't let all you two have shared be lost in anger and resentment. Please Del! Find your happiness again."

"Thank you Lena. Last night meant a lot to me and I love you for it. I hope you can go on and continue to do the great job you've been doing. If there's any justice in the world, you'll get what you want. I know that." I leaned down to kiss her mouth once more before she left. Her mouth was so sweet and soft and I could feel my arousal again. "I have to let you go before I pull you down on that bed and have my way with you! And I will talk to Paula, at least long enough to find out why she did it. I may not like the answer but I'll find out."

Selena smiled, kissed me once more and then walked quickly down the hall and out of my life. But she left behind a much more confident man, once that was ready to face his future without fear and uncertainty. Whatever caused Paula to stray, I would deal with it. Depending on what we decided, I could go on with my life and not look back. Lena had given me that gift last night.

I finished my work at the plant and tested the software thoroughly. The drivers were satisfied and the early morning runs we had scheduled went flawlessly. The home office was pleased and the whole system purred throughout the vetting without a whimper. By late morning we were finished. I got one of the secretaries to confirm a 3:00 pm flight back home and the Dispatcher took me to lunch to thank me for all the work and for my spending time with his drivers. We had a great time and I left for the airport pleased with the trip in more ways than one.

Just before the plane was to board, I called home to speak to Jessie or Paula to check in on Jim. I had no concerns about him now that he was doing so well, but it was just a precaution. I got Jessie and spoke with her for a few minutes to see how things were going. She said things were under control and then lowered her voice.

"Dad, what did you say to mom before you left? She's been a nervous wreck since you've been gone. Not sad or depressed, just hyper. She can't seem to stop cleaning, or cooking or anything to keep busy."

"I took your advice and told her we have to talk. I asked her to make some time alone with me when I get back so we can deal with things. I think we'll go over to her parent's place and just talk."

"That explains it. She's really a wreck dad. I hope you can do this without destroying her. She's not in a good place right now and hasn't been since the accident. You have to do something to finish this. If you can't find it in your heart to forgive her, you'd better be very careful. Just a warning."

"I can't promise anything Jessie. I'll just have to hear her side of things and then go from there. But, the trip was good so I'm in a good mood. That should help."

We finished and I boarded the plane for the trip home. If things stayed on schedule, I should be home by six thirty or seven. I needed a good night's sleep since last night was light on sleep and heavy on physical activity! On the flight, I went back over the night before in my mind. The first question I asked myself was 'Did I feel any guilt?' The answer surprisingly was no. Not because I thought of it as getting even, rather it was something I had to do to answer a question for myself. One that Paula couldn't answer. I knew that it had done all I hoped it would do and I enjoyed it in the process. I reached into my shirt pocket, retrieved her card and looked at it before folding it and putting it away again.

I landed and drove home to my apartment. I unpacked, took a hot shower and laid down on my single bed. I wanted to think about tomorrow and make my plans, but before I could even begin, I fell sound asleep. I was not a kid and the night before had taken its pleasant toll on my body. I slept straight through till the next morning, rising only to empty my bladder. I woke feeling refreshed and contented.

A call into work to tell them the job was finished and that I was going to finish the work at home. I would have all the specs ready Monday morning for the design guys. No problems there so I had a four day weekend coming. Next, I called my home to speak to Paula. She should be there and Jessie should be at her classes. Jim was probably working on his rehab with the tech that came over every morning. As the phone rang, I considered what I should say.

"Hello? This is Paula speaking. Can I help you?" Paula sounded very businesslike. I knew she received a lot of calls during the day from the woman who was dealing with her parents' businesses, the clinic, the nurses office, the drugstore and others. She was dealing with the whole thing very efficiently.

"Hi Paula, it's me. I just wanted to let you know I'm back and ready to meet with you at your convenience. I don't have to be back to work until Monday. So, if you've made any plans?"

There was a pause and then, "When did you get back? I didn't expect you until tomorrow at the earliest. But, I don't have any plans so I'm free whenever you are."

"It's fine Paula. We'll just make do whenever you're able. I'm in no hurry. Just let me know when you have everything arranged. You can call my cell. I'll give you the number." I waited until she was ready and gave her my cell number. I had changed it when I cancelled my cards and took my name off the accounts. She had neither my cell nor my apartment number. Both were unlisted anyway.

I settled back to reflect on what I wanted to do. The first question I needed answering was why? Why had she cheated on me and why with John? I tried to consider my part in this. I worked too hard I knew, but I had always done that. I was home every night on time and I never went out 'with the boys' as they say. I never refused her anything she asked for and I tried to think of her when I made decisions. I could find no reason for her behavior.

Next, I thought about our sex life. We had slowed down considerably in recent years and had come to a standstill about a year or so ago. I couldn't remember the last time we had sex. I knew it was months, not weeks or days. I wondered why I hadn't noticed. Was it no longer necessary? Well, my night with Lena told me that wasn't true. So why? I felt this was important. I knew it wasn't all Paula's fault. I was to blame as well. Maybe she needed more than I was giving her? Bull shit! She never said a word! But, neither did I!

Finally, I had to decide if I wanted to go on without her in my life. That was the crux of the issue. Did I want to try to live my life from now on without her? Or, did I want to continue to grow old with her and make the rest of my life about the two of us? That was the big question. And if I wanted to continue with her, could I forgive her? I had no need to forgive John. I wanted nothing more to do with him.

As I lay there on my couch with the TV droning in the background, I thought again about Lena and my night with her. I still felt no guilt. I only felt confident in that part of my performance. But wait! How long had it been since I made love to Paula like that? Did I ask her what she wanted? Did I extend our lovemaking into the night or just roll over and fall asleep? Things to think about. Damn! It would be so much simpler to just blame her for everything and let her rot in hell.

It was about noon when I was awakened by the phone. It was my cell so I rolled off the couch and picked it up. "Hello?"

"Del, it's me. I'll be able to leave in another hour or so. I've made arrangements so that I don't have to be back here until tomorrow afternoon. If you want to meet me at my parents' home, I'll be there by 3:00. If that's alright?"

"That's fine but I had no plans on staying overnight. If you want to that's fine, but don't expect me to be there."

"I understand. I just wanted to make sure we had time enough to do whatever you want. That's all, honest. I'm sorry if you thought I was making plans. I wasn't, honestly."

"I believe you Paula. I just wanted to be clear. I'll be there sometime after 3 then. I'll see you there. Goodbye."

Now that it was time to start this, I was struck by a feeling of total confusion. What the hell was I going to say? I knew I wanted answers to some questions but what questions? Why was the first, of course, but then? What did I want? Did I want her back? Shit! I had to have some plan of action, some idea of what I wanted. Didn't I?

I took a shower, dressed in a casual shirt and slacks and wore my dress shoes. Paula always like me to wear the dress shoes, I have no idea why. She also liked the shirt I had on. Matter of fact, it was the one she bought me just a few months ago when she saw it on one of her shopping trips. I considered changing it, but then decided to go with it. I was ready to go and it was still two hours until 3:00. I was surprised at my feelings. Sort of nervous, anxious to start, jumpy but still in control. I was actually looking forward to seeing Paula and spending some time with her alone. Not to forgive her! No! Just to see her. After all, we had been married for almost a quarter of a century. We had kids together, so why not? It's hard to let all that go. It really is.