Whispered Rites of Sacrifice Ch. 03

Story Info
Isana is handed over to enemies by jealous Actovan.
4.8k words
3.86
20.9k
4

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part Three: A Scornful Betrayal

Morning wrapped Isana in ribbons of warm silk sunlight. Her olive skin felt sateen and the faintest brush of the furs against it prickled her flesh and sent shivers along her limbs. Peeling open her eyes she expected to find Eulos beside her, but the sunlight's warmth chilled and she found only a hollowed dent upon the furs where he had lain.

Sitting up, she scoured the room for signs of him but saw none and when she rose, her eyes lit upon a rich crimson sari draped over the chaise. It struck her as odd that Eulos would willingly leave her alone, but she knew he would not leave her side if he thought her to be in the least at risk.

Slicking her skin with perfumed balms from the small ivory pots on the toiletry tray, Isana then wrapped her hair in the elegant and intricate braids of her people, until only a few curling tendrils hung to her shoulders. The sari was so extravagant and she wondered if it was a gift from Eulos or her hosts. The yards of rich passion-red fabric draped about her, the curves of her tone stomach and shoulders left bare beneath a very fitted silk choli blouse. Against her olive skin and ebony hair, the colors were magnificent and as she framed her face with the dupatta head scarf, her green eyes dazzled brightly.

Soft knocks on the door turned Isana's head and she called the visitor forth. "I am dressed..."

A small gaggle of brightly clad girls filed in. Isana tried not to imagine that any one of them were among those that had 'tended' to her the night before but noted that they were not the same girls who had escorted her to the room. Lifting a brow she gestured to the sari, "have I draped it correctly?"

The girls nodded their approval but only one spoke. She was near to Isana's age, perhaps a year or two younger, but she carried herself with a proud poise and addressed the Castacean queen with a more reserved warmth. To Isana she seemed somewhat aloof, but Isana was the stranger here and would tread carefully on their ground. This alabaster skinned leader stepped forward and removed Isana's dupatta Tucking the corner into the waist folds of her skirt.

"It suits you quite well, your majesty," the girl asserted as she examined Isana's hair then plucked a few blossoms from the nearby floral arrangement to adorn the braids here and there. Her own hair was a coppery orange, sleek from ironing and pulled into a high ponytail. "I am certain the Prince will like the sight of you very much."

Isana's lips pinched as she hummed, "hmm. I am not so interested in his approval of my appearance. I am here to seek he and his father's military aid."

"I know nothing of politics," the girl dismissed with an irritated sigh. Fixing her hazel eyes on Isana she stated blandly, "My name is Ryca. I was asked by Rainne-- that is, Queen Maithuna, to escort you about the grounds. Today will be a day of feasting and there will be parties of indulgence scattered throughout the city. The Temple is closed to all but the religious orders today...but her highness thought you may enjoy some of the historical sites of our fair city."

Smiling amiably, Isana nodded at her then glanced at the others. "That sounds lovely. As soon as my guardian returns--"

"Guardian?" Ryca looked outright insulted. "You so distrust us yet you would ask our aid. Pardon the word of a simple woman, your majesty but if these are Castacean ways then I find your people quite rude."

Mouth agape, Isana stared at her a long moment before replying carefully. "I meant no insult, of course...only to be sure he knew where I was and that I was in safe care. Eulos is charged with my safety, a mission he takes very seriously. I certainly did not mean to imply that you or anyone would do anything to me."

Ryca's nose was still uplifted as she sniffed and gestured toward the desk at the far end of the room. "Scratch him out a note. I am sure he has not gone far and will return soon enough. He is more than welcome to enjoy the feast day without escort or charge."

Bending over the desk, Isana dipped the quill and scrawled a note for Eulos. Her handwriting was well practiced and elegant, her message poetic at first then pragmatic.

"Dearest Eulos,

"Though it was anger's passion that first rose to heat this room, t'was love's passion that kept it warm when night's chill fought to creep. Too long left silent were your feelings as I erred in neglecting to see you as more than just my steadfast sentinel.

"I have been escorted to see historic Florynia and so as not to bring insult to the Actovans, I graciously go. Do not fear my safety lest you not see me by midday.

"As passion's kiss doth warm thy lips, so do you warm my heart."

~Isana"

Propping the letter against the vase near the door, Isana nodded to her escorts and they left with Ryca at the lead. The small herd of gazelle like young women, wandered through the palace to the streets. As they walked Ryca gestured to various landmarks and explained their significance between such stories the other girls plagued Isana with questions about Castacea.

"Is it true Castacean's never have sex?"

"Of course not," Isana scoffed. "How else would we breed? Were that true, Castacea would have long gone extinct."

Another girl grasped her arm, "is it true that the men there are not all required to fight in battle before taking up a profession?"

"This is true. We believe that all must serve in some socially conscious role before attaining adult hood. Men must serve at arms, as peace keepers or in roles of civil service. Women must act as secretaries to public offices or libraries, serve as nannies or educators. This period lasts minimally a year...but some chose to remain in whatever profession they chose to serve. In fact many women in our society do not marry and chose to work instead."

"My Goddess....no husband?" a very heavily made up girl gasped. Her kohl lined eyes seemed enormous at the thought. "How could they live without sex? Without...without children?"

Isana laughed loudly now. "Sex and marriage are not mutually exclusive. There is nothing to say a woman must marry to bear children. We Castaceans are just...more discreet in our affairs than you Actovans. It is a private matter for us, not something for public discussion or...um..." she gestured with a flip of her wrist, her cheeks coloring.

"Or for exhibitionist displays?" Ryca retorted acerbically. "Funny that you made no protest last night."

Drawing herself up, Isana pursed her lips, "I was actively participating in your nation's spiritual festivities as a show of diplomacy. I would think...I would hope that any diplomat from Actova would do the same in Castacea."

A blonde girl who seemed closest to Ryca in familiarity smirked and added, "so that's what diplomacy looks like..."

Isana made no argument, only scowled and followed along as Ryca and her friend led them down a path threw an exquisite garden. As they walked and Isana answered more inane questions from the fluttering Actovan misses, the path became less kept. The shrubbery became overgrown with ivy, the cobblestones parted and coated with patches of moss.

The young queen's suspicions began to rise. "Are we going somewhere? It seems we are far from the core of the city now..."

"Oh we're still nearer the city center than you think," the blonde admonished her with a giggle.

Ryca added as the group stepped out into a clearing. "I wanted to show you something marvelous."

Moving forward, Isana regarded the extraordinary structure at the center of the clearing. A large circle stood amidst the overgrown patches of grass and moss. Exotic patterns were formed in the stones with colored clay, and around the perimeter of the circle stood a series of erect columns, each brightly painted and tiled in vivid blues, golds and reds. One column stood larger than the others and was capped with a now broken headpiece that Isana could see had at one time served as a marker of sorts, using sunlight and shadow to trace out a line on the remainder of the circle behind it. Directly before that, although not yet near the center of the circle was a strange little wall. No more than three feet wide and perhaps only three feet tall, the wall was also tiled with an ornate mosaic portraying the trials of Florynia.

"My goodness," she gasped. "This is truly beautiful...an ancient shrine, I take it?"

"Come," Ryca beckoned with a finger. "You must see it in detail."

Guiding Isana and the others down into the circle, Ryca smiled and purred as she spoke. "Although the temple is erected about the Tree of Life...this is the place where Florynia was in fact bled...and devoured."

Isana's eyes locked on Ryca a moment then returned to the pillars as she stepped cautiously into the ancient ring. "This is where she was murdered and eaten..." she echoed in awe, still mesmerized by the legend.

"I will show you..." Ryca gestured for Isana to come to her before the tallest pillar. She stood beside the wall. Isana stepped up to the wall and rest her hands on it looking up at the large column. She noticed now that chains and shackles hung from most of the pillars, save the few that time had ravaged. The shackles hung from a chain that was thread through a loop high on the column then attached to a winch in the pillar's base.

"Florynia...it is believed," Ryca spoke in an educational tone. "Stood exactly where you stand now."

The blonde had lifted the shackles and brought them to Ryca who now held them out for Isana to see. "She was bound in these, probably tight enough to cut into her skin. Then the winch was tightened and she was hoisted over the wall just enough that she could be bled out from the neck."

Ryca indicated the ground. "You see here...where the stones are discolored?" She eyed Isana who was intent on the story and rapt with curiosity. Extending the shackles Ryca murmured, "do you want to know how they feel? How she felt...?" At the glint of unease in Isana's eyes Ryca chirped, "don't worry...I don't think they even still lock and the winch is most decidedly too old and broken."

Curiosity ever her greatest fault, Isana extended her hands to Ryca, allowing the girl to clamp the metal bracelets about her wrists. The metal was cold and heavy. Isana was surprised at how tight they seemed and wondered if the ancient Mangorians only ever sacrificed women. No man's wrist would ever fit these binds. Ryca closed them then suddenly clamped the pins in tightly, turning and locking them in place.

"Ryca! Ryca this isn't funny. I want you to take them off please," Isana gasped as she tugged at the metal chain and tried to reach the pins herself.

The other girls she suddenly noticed had retreated closer to the garden again and watched with a mild horror, but not surprise. This had been planned...whatever this was. Suddenly Isana's attention was jarred back to Ryca as the red head turned the winch, pulling the chain taut. She continued to turn it as she spoke venomously through her teeth.

"Was it funny when you bed with Strom and Lybon, shaming their wives— MY SISTERS? Was it funny when you flaunted your Castacean beauty before all of Actova?" Ryca snarled as she forced the winch to move.

Isana's body stretched taut until she was pulled over the wall, her hips resting on the ledge and her feet left hanging, her toes barely able to scrape the ground.

"Ryca! PLEASE!!" she wailed, true fear filling her now. Terror that they would leave her here to the elements...or worse, bleed her out as Florynia had been. "Ryca please let me go! I am sorry that I have shamed your family in some way! I never meant to--"

"Of course you didn't!" Ryca roared then approached Isana and gripped her braids, jerking them tightly to the side and eliciting a yelp of pain from the woman. "I suppose you didn't mean to strip me of my future as princess either."

"What?"

"Arao! You fucking cunt!" Ryca snarled then spat on her face. "Arao was to be my husband....until he learned that you were seeking aide, then he and his father started prattling on about political solidarity and wise investments. As if marriage were a business arrangement!"

"If he loves you, he will marry you, Ryca," Isana sobbed. "I have no interest in marrying him. I would only have accepted if there were no other way to help my people. I've never even SEEN Arao! How could he possibly love me?"

Ryca leaned forward and screamed in her face, "EVERYONE SAW YOU ISANA! EVERYONE!!"

Tugging the dupatta from the waist of Isana's sari, Ryca pulled a peach from her hip pouch. Setting the fruit within the silk scarf she then twisted the fabric on either side to form a ball gag. Isana fought her with tears in her eyes, kicking and bucking, but Ryca ordered her friend over to help. "Gelosi! Hold her!"

The blonde scurried over with the hyper expression of someone excited to be doing something wrong but fearful of getting caught. Grasping hold of Isana's hips, she slid her arms down to hold the woman's bucking legs. Ryca stuffed the fruit into her mouth then tightly bound the scarf around her head. Although gagged, Isana tried to scream and to plead for reasons, terrified of what they aimed to do.

Bending over to meet Isana's eyes, Ryca undid the tie of her blouse, letting it and her bosom hand free. Shaking her head and moaning around the gag in misery, Isana tried to plead with her captor to cease this assault. Ryca paid her no mind save to savor Isana's discomfort. Reaching out she caressed each breast in turn. The feather light brush of fingertips on her tiny buds brought them to an attentive hardness. Again Isana whimpered, although this time in humiliation at even this minute display of arousal.

Ryca gripped the tiny, firm nipples and twisted them with merciless force. Isana tried to scream and bucked against Gelosi, who still tightly hugged her legs. Shifting to hug Isana's thighs from the side, Gelosi giggled then slid one hand up Isana's skirt. Without preamble her fingers sought out Isana's sex and in spite of the woman's writhing and wailing, Gelosi pushed a finger deep inside her. Hooking that finger, the nervous blonde began working it against Isana's deepest muscles, coaxing them toward moisture.

Combined with Ryca's increasingly aggressive assault on her breasts, Isana wept in pain and abasement. As the cruel woman's tongue lashed across one nipple, taunting it and teasing it to pleasure, Ryca twisted and pulled at the other. Then just before switching to wrap her full, glossed lips around the other breast, Ryca would bite down on the breast in her mouth, eliciting a pained wail from Isana.

Suddenly she heard the heavy footsteps of men behind her and Gelosi withdrew her hand from Isana's skirts and released her legs, just as Ryca stopped her twisting and biting of the queen's breasts. Isana dared to hope that Eulos had found her, or that someone had seen and was here to intervene, but then Ryca spoke. "You're early! I was not to be seen with you— any of you!"

"Easy princess..." a gruff Sibiline man's voice chuckled. "Your little delivery here was making so much noise, I was worried she'd get away...but I can see you two have her well in hand."

"She's quite secure. That wasn't the point. If I'm seen with you then her disappearance can be traced to me. I'm aiming to be Actova's queen. Arao is ready to bed me...so if you want me in his bed then you can not expose me as his enemy!" Ryca glowered then spat at Isana again. "You are their gift, girl. The Sibilines get you and all of Castacea at their mercy...and, when the moment presents itself...I get Actova with Sibiline's backing."

Isana shook her head. Was the woman an idiot?? There was no way that the Sibilines would just graciously help her to gain control of Actova— not when it was just as easy to take it for themselves!

The Castacean queen heard the exchange of monies and promises behind her, then Ryca and Gelosi trotted back up the hill to the garden path where they rejoined the other far less assured girls. Isana watched them go with bleary eyes, her insides freezing up as she wondered what her nation's greatest enemy planned to do to her.

"Hermn..." the gruff leader's voice groaned in thought behind her. Then she heard him chuckle loudly, "well men...the Commander isn't expecting her until nightfall. What do you suggest we do until then?"

There was a chorus of hearty shouts most in the slang of the Sibiline tongue, which Isana was not as fluent in as she was the formal language. She needn't know the meaning of the colloquialisms, however, to understand what they meant. Tears burned her eyes and she shook and bucked on the chain like a fish hooked and tossed on deck.

Suddenly behind her she felt the large, heavy hands of the Sibiline Captain on her hips. Bucking she kicked back at him to which their was a unified, "ho!" The Captain laughed then snapped his fingers and called for something, but Isana didn't understand the word. Although she continued to kick, her ankles were quickly immobilized and to her horror they were shackled as well but with a bar between them so she could not close her legs.

"We use this to bind the hands of slaves...a bar to brace over their back as we guide them. You'll be wearing it later, but for now...it has a surprisingly useful secondary purpose." The Captain grinned at her, admiring her exposed, pinkened breasts as he crouched, then lifted his gaze to look her in the eye. He was not an attractive man. He was tall and burly like a gladiatorial fighter. His face was scarred and one eye was slightly milky. Wiry white hairs sprouted visibly on his chest just above where his breast plate covered. His head was shaved and tattooed with the Sibiline Griffon. Worst was the smell. Isana's nostrils burned of his rank odor, that of a soldier months on the road without wash.

The Captain met her green eyes and grunted, "we are going to rape you. It will hurt. But you'll not be cut or beaten or damaged in any other way. Commander wouldn't like that. I do promise you one thing." His chin dipped with his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "I'll not let anyone take your ass but me..."

As horror registered in her eyes, the Captain flashed a metal-toothed smile and chortled as he rose. On his belt, Isana's eyes lit upon a short club, the end of which was studded with metal nubs. Although he'd not threatened her with it at all, something in her gut sank as she feared what was to come.

As she hung helplessly, Isana's body was stripped of the fine garments. The silk sari was piled to the side, just within her view as if to remind her that she was nude. Her blouse, although already open, could not be removed only slid up the chains, so the Captain used his dagger and cut it off, tossing it aside.

"Captain goes first," Isana heard a gravelly voice order. "The rest of you file into rank."

The rest? Isana thought. My God how many are there?

The Captain's heavy hands caressed her buttocks, the rough callouses of a life time's labor scratching harshly over the soft, pampered skin of the queen. Her olive-tanned flesh gave the impression of a deer carcass stretched out for slaughter.

"I have something for you, sweets..." the Captain muttered quietly. "But you mustn't tell the men I showed you mercy." Reaching around her from behind, the man forced his fingers into her mouth beneath the gag and stuffed two small round pellets beneath her tongue. The drug tablets began to dissolve immediately. "They will let you feel some pleasure. It will not take away the pain or even make you willing...but you will care a little less."

As if his words were a cure all, the Captain ran his hand around her hips to her freshly shaved lips. "Interesting..." he crooned with surprise then quickly delved into her with his fingers. The lack of lubrication in spite of Gelosi's clumsy poking did indeed cause her pain and Isana squirmed trying to free herself, trying to scream but to no avail. Regardless of her pain filled cries, the Captain continued to plunge into her, spitting on his other hand and adding that to coax her body into cooperation. After only a few minutes of ravaging her mercilessly with his hand, Isana's body began to lubricate in self-defense. Her entire body was quivering as she sobbed, unable to fight and slowly feeling a tingling numbness creep over her body.

12