Whispers of the Moon Ch. 01-02

Story Info
An alpha finds his mate while shes being attacked.
9.6k words
4.52
59.4k
63

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/17/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kinkinesss
kinkinesss
150 Followers

This story is not to be reproduced, copied, or posted on any other site than Literotica without the permission of the author. I can be reached at the CONTACT tab on my profile.

On another note I am resubmitting theses 2 chapters after somewhat of a revamp and a polishing job thanks to my new editor. I'm already working on chapters 3&4 and hope to have them up soon. (this chapter is all plot sorry) I would also like to send out a huge thanks to my editor Valerie I couldn't have fixed it without you.

Kinki

Chapter 1

As the moon rose about the dark night sky illuminating the darkness, Carson raised his nose to the air scenting the woods around him as the slight fall breeze swept over him. He smelled fear and heard the pleading cries of a female whose voice he couldn't recognize. The cries were so agonized and fearful that he felt goose bumps growing over his fur covered skin, her screams tore through him like a dagger and for some reason he felt compelled to help her.

Throughout his long life, never had he been affected so much by a human, let alone a female human. He had been brought up to think of humans as lowly creatures, things to be kept around only for amusement and as a food source. Although Carson did not believe in his ancestors' ways, he said nothing in order to keep his family in power. Allowing himself to be labeled as a human sympathizer would lose the title of alpha for his entire family line. Things had begun to change slowly over time but humans were still thought of as inferior. They polluted the planet, they didn't respect nature and they killed everything they feared. It was clear to the elder council that humans had a lot of evolving to do before things would ever truly be at peace.

The council was becoming more and more concerned that Carson would never mate, though they believed that each were had a true mate they knew that not all weres got to find their one true mate. Sometimes their one true mate died, sometimes their mate was taken from them, and sometimes unforeseeable events prevented the mating. They did not want that future for Carson; he had much potential and was destined for greatness. He was to lead not only his own pack but all packs into the future. The elders were sure that if anyone could improve human-were relations it was him. They could not allow the prophecy to become fulfilled, for if it did humans and weres alike would be in grave danger.

The years had been long and hard for Carson and though he had taken many lovers, he had never mated - never feeling the true connection. Yet somehow as he heard the young girl, it seemed as though she was the one. It couldn't be, his wolf couldn't want a human; there hadn't been a mixed race mating in centuries. Even through his struggle with himself, one thing was sure he had to save the girl even if she wasn't his mate. She was important, someone he had to protect.

********************************

"No! Please leave me alone! Why are you doing this to me?" Skyler screamed.

"Sorry honey but someone paid to have you dead. I figure why not have a little fun while I'm at it."

Neil Crougar was a professional hit man who took his job very seriously. He just couldn't seem to keep his hands off of the hot little thing that was supposed to be his next paycheck. At 5'5", 115 pounds, there wasn't much that petite Skyler Lawrence could do. Neil outweighed her by about 100 lbs and was over 5 inches taller. Skyler screamed until her throat was raw, as she felt him undoing her pants, slowly sliding them down her legs. Skyler considered making a grab for the gun; it was her only chance at survival. If she was going to make a grab for it, it had to be now.

"Please, I'll cooperate, just don't hurt me."

"Shut up you stupid girl! I'm going to have my way with you then, I'm gonna drag you so far into these woods that no one will ever find you. Then you will really have something to scream about." Neil snarled at her.

Skyler could feel every pebble, stone and twig pressing into her delicate ivory skin and could imagine what type of bruising she'd have if she somehow managed to get out of this alive. Thinking back to the self defense classes she had taken at the local gym she remembered all the sensitive spots to hit on a male attacker, she just couldn't seem to pluck up the courage to move.

"Now let's get this party started baby!" said Neil drawing out a large and very sharp looking hunter's knife.

The moon light glinted off the deadly blade showing its slightly serrated top. Grabbing the front of Skyler's favorite top he began to slice her clothing off, cutting closer to the skin with each swipe of the blade. As he roughly removed her clothing, slamming her repeatedly into the ground, Skyler was sure she was going to die. One more hit just one more hit and my ribs are going to puncture my lungs. God I really am going to die out here in the middle of nowhere all alone. Why is this happening? I've been a good person, when my parents died and I was left living with my horrid uncle I didn't complain at all, when he sent me away to that awful boarding school I did not speak one peep of my disagreement. What have I done to deserve this? Why me?

It was now or never. Skyler grabbed the gun from the back of Neil's jeans, and hit him in the head as hard as she could. Knowing she had only stunned Neil, Skyler ran as fast and as hard as she could, barely noticing the stones and twigs cutting her feet. She only had minutes before Neil would realize what had happened and come looking for her. Skyler knew she had to find a safe place to hide from him.

Frantically searching the woods for somewhere to hide Skyler saw a small cave surrounded by large rocks and briefly though about hiding there, but realized that that was the first place Neil would look. Skyler looked again and by chance she saw what looked like a dead tree. Running to the tree, Skyler thought to hide behind it but then realized that it was hollow. Scrambling inside, Skyler let out a sigh of relief.

Skyler knew that she needed to hide even though she felt the heavy reminder of the gun in her waistband. She'd never shot a gun; she had seen her father use one during a camping trip but that had been years ago. Even though she didn't know how to use it, she felt better having it because that meant that Neil didn't.

Skyler was numb. All the feeling had gone the fear, the hopelessness, and the rage at what that disgusting man had done to her and was going to do to her had left. Skyler had gone into survival mode like a wild animal. She hid hoping to awake in the morning and find it had all been a bad dream, though even through the haze she knew it was no dream.

************************

Carson decided that he had to act now, shifting to full wolf he took off at a run towards the den. He would get reinforcements just in case things got out of hand. Shifting back to his human form, Carson strode into the front hall and shouted for the man who had helped raise him from a pup "Roger!!"

"Yes, Carson, what may I do for you?"

"Damn it Roger, enough with the god damn formalities!" Growled Carson. "I need you to gather two of our best warriors and my second. Have them meet me at Mt. Cyanide immediately."

"Might I ask why, Sir?"

"Just do it, and hurry," said Carson turning on his heels and striding out the door.

Knowing that time was of the essence Carson quickly grabbed his favorite dagger, that his father had given to him 500 years ago. He hurriedly strapped his buckskin sheath to his ankle, changed and took of for Mt. Cyanide at full speed. His blood was pumping through his veins so fast that he could hear the rhythmic swooshing of the blood in time with the rapid beat of his heart. He hadn't felt this alive in years, and though he thought well about most humans he was startled by the fact that one could create such an emotional stirring in his wolf. He had seen human women raped before but never had it evoked such rage in him.

************************

Roger entered the well equipped gym with a purposeful stride. Seeing Tegan and Alana sparring, Roger walked over to them and asked.

"Where's Cable? Carson needs all of you to go to Mt. Cyanide. There's a girl in trouble in the Pryden forest near Pryden's Peak ."

"So what concern is that of ours? She's not one of us, she's human. Why should we care?" Said Alana. "Not that I don't feel sorry for the poor girl."

"Because the alpha wants you to care; he needs you there in case something goes wrong, "Roger replied.

"But..." Said Alana only to be silenced by a glare from Tegan.

The three warriors strode out the back door of the gym shedding their clothes, changing, and racing towards Mt. Cyanide. The warriors ran full speed wondering how a human such as the one in their forests had stirred their alpha's emotions so strongly.

************************

Carson stood at the peak of Mount Cyanide looking over the forest. He could no longer smell the girl's scent as clearly as he had before. It was still there but it was only a faint lingering smell. Carson could only assume that she was on the run. His suspicions were confirmed only a few seconds later when he heard the enraged yells of her would be assassin. "You god damn bitch, I'll kill you for this! You hear me, I'll kill you!"

The throbbing in Neil's head only served to remind him of how careless he had been. What angered him the most was that he had been stupid enough to leave his gun in a place where it was easily accessible. He was determined that this would be the first and the last time a target attacked him.

He felt the rage bubbling up from the pit of his stomach. The veins in his forehead stood out prominently throbbing with the beats of his heart.

Neil had been a hit man for years; he had made literally millions of dollars killing people. His first kill hadn't been a hired killing; it had been a revenge killing. He went after and killed the man who had raped his wife and two teenage daughters, then made him watch as the sadistic bastard had maimed and scarred them. He had only managed to kill one of his daughters.

Melanie was the first twin born and had had her father wrapped around her little finger. He had soon figured out who the bastard was and then nothing could keep him from his goal. Hunted the sadistic rapist down to some seedy motel. He knocked on the door; the man happened to be waiting for his new supplier to come opened the door and welcomed him in. It had almost been too easy. He walked in, sat down, and helped himself to some of the cheap, then pulled out his gun and shot the man executioner style.

Neil was surprised when he had gotten the call from the girl's uncle. He remembered the day clearly. Neil was more than glad to accept the job. The girl knew too much, she knew the dirty little secret the company was covering up, she was a liability. It was a pity she had a hot little bod, but she was just a job. Another pay check, she meant nothing to him.

Neil made sure to keep himself clean shaved most of the time and always made sure to wear collars that covered the Celtic cross he had tattooed on his neck. He was like a chameleon ever changing and always able to blend into his environment no matter what it took. He lived his life not caring for anyone but himself. As far as he was concerned the world could go fuck itself.

************************

Skyler shivered as the cool fall breeze stole through her, wishing she hadn't left her jacket at her hotel. She had been going to the Vanderburen Inc. company party celebrating the new big account that the company had landed, bringing in more funding and creating more jobs for new employees. She had caught a flight to the Pendelton branch in Oregon early Monday morning. She still didn't understand why her uncle had insisted on having the party at the Oregon branch. She felt a shiver run through her spine hearing the crunch of footsteps and the shouted curses of her would-be killer. Wondering if she should keep hiding or try to run for it

Neil crouched to the ground as he examined the footprints in the soft dirt of the forest floor. It was almost too easy, didn't the stupid cunt know he knew how to follow tracks whether they were animal or human. Neil closely followed the track until he came to a spot where the ground had not been touched by the recent rains and the tracks disappeared. Neil looked around the clearing asking himself where a scared woman would run to.

There were only three places she could have gone, left to the cave surrounded by large rocks, right to hide behind the log or under it, or straight ahead further into the forest. Neil walked forward until his feet hit soft mud again but he could see no tracks from any angle. So he turned back and walked toward the cave. He started to violently throw the large rocks out of his way while crouching down to try to see into the cave.

Skyler held her breath as the footsteps of the assassin grew closer steadily, hearing nothing but the crunch of feet and the slight crackling noise of leaves as the night breeze kicked up again. Shivering with fear, she held her breath as the footsteps grew closer with each passing second. Then the footsteps stopped for a second and Skyler had to hold her breath as she saw the pant legs of her attacker. Skyler had to cover her mouth with her hand to prevent herself from gasping in relief as she saw him start to walk away. Only to have her fear return as she heard footsteps coming closer once again. As she saw him looking in the cave she was thankful that she hadn't tried to hide there.

************************

Carson smelled his second in command and the warriors coming with him long before they reached Mt. Cyanide. "What's going on boss?" said Cable striding up to Carson with a worried look. Cable could always tell when something was wrong. They had been raised side by side as pups because their parents had been best friends for years.

"There's a young human in trouble, a man is trying to rape and kill her. No human has been killed in this forest for over three hundred years and I aim to keep it that way."

"What's so important about one human? Yea she could be raped on pack property but that would be dealt with easily enough by the human law. Why should we go interfering in human matters? There are already enough problems since the humans found out about us. They want an excuse to try to eradicate us. They think we are animals like the ones they keep in their zoos; they want to cage and use us for their amusement. The packs are becoming tenser with each passing meeting between the elders and the governments. If things do not begin to turn, things will get ugly and people will be killed. We don't need another war. We should just leave the humans and let them deal with their own problems."

"Cable, just do as I say. I don't give a damn about human-were relations at the moment- she needs help. How would you feel if it was your sister Cable? What would you do?"

"That's different-"

"No it's not; she needs our help, just go."

************************

Skyler felt the little glimmer of hope that had been left seep away leaving the cold emptiness of acceptance.

It was over, she was going to die and nothing on this earth could stop it. The only thing she could hope for was a quick and relatively painless death now. Though she had resigned herself to her fate, she was not going to make it easy for him. Why should she, she hadn't done anything to deserve her fate. If Neil was going to kill her, she wasn't going to give him any help.

Neil growled in frustration as he shone his penlight into the small cave seeing nothing inside. Turning around Neil stalked around the log to see if she was hiding underneath it only to hear a gasp just as he passed the hollow end. Crouching down mindful of his already dirt covered expensive suit, he once again took out his penlight and shone it into the hollow center of the log, seeing the terrified look on his target's face.

Reaching in, Neil grabbed a huge chunk of Skyler's hair and began to pull her out of the log. Skyler felt as if her scalp was being torn from her head, inch by painful inch, when suddenly the pain in her scalp was no longer there and her hair swung freely around her face. Not daring to open her eyes Skyler shrunk back as far as she could.

Hearing the agonized screams of Neil she forced her eyes open to see a wolf at least four times the natural size crouched over Neil, ripping at his neck as the blood continued to spray out of what used to be Neil's throat, only to pool into a puddle beneath his quickly turning lifeless body. Rage surged though Neil's body as he felt his very life force draining from him. He had killed hundreds of people and now he was going to be done in by a stupid fucking wolf, how could this have happened, he had a reputation for being the best, he couldn't be killed by a wolf it was just not possible.

Neil suddenly heard the laughter of the daughter he had lost. "Daddy I love you, I always have but you've been bad and I can't be with you. They say you have to learn a lesson and pay for your sins. I'll always love you Daddy and I'll miss you. I'll take care of Mommy and Kara, until they can come and be with me." Said his firt born daughter Melanie. Realizing what was happening as the light faded from his eyes, Neil couldn't even manage to feel bad for all that he had done. He was no longer the man he had once been; he was a real heartless murder. He had become what he had despised for years. Neil couldn't even feel sorry for the family and life he lost when he had killed his first victim.

Seeing all this, Skyler could no longer keep the scream of sheer terror for racking her body. Frantically trying to scramble out of the log, Skyler caught her arm on a large piece of sharp wood, splitting the delicate skin of her upper arm, which began to steadily ooze blood. Getting out of the log, Skyler began to run.

Looking back to see if the wolf was still in following her, Skyler did not notice the three wolves standing in front of her until she turned her head. She frantically turned the other way only to trip on a log and hit her head off a sharp and rather nasty looking stone protruding from the ground. Her already broken ribs shifted and poked her unprotected lungs as she fell, feeling the delicate bones in her right wrist snap as she put her arm out to stop her fall. Her last thoughts before losing consciousness were I've escaped one killer only to fall right into the lap of another.

Chapter 2

Carson stopped as soon as he smelt the fresh and intoxicating blood of the young woman, seeing her struggling out from the log. He waited for her to start running then disappeared behind the small cave, shifting back to human despite the threatening growls and protests his wolf put up.

Dodging out from behind the cave he looked around, trying to find the young woman to see if she was all right only to see her run straight into his warriors and second. Then she tried to turn around and run in his direction, ending up on the ground after tripping over half buried tree root. As the young woman fell he could see the fear and anxiety cross her face, only moments before she put her arm out to stop the fall. He heard the bones snap, and saw the flash of pain cross her face before she finally gave in to the pain and let the veil of darkness slip over her consciousness.

Carson took off running towards the young girl, watching his second and the others shifted only seconds before he arrived.

kinkinesss
kinkinesss
150 Followers