Whispers of the Moon Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kinkinesss
kinkinesss
150 Followers

"I think before we do anymore with her, I should splint her arm."

Walking over to the chair near him, he looked at it and then looked at Carson. "If I break this, will it be irreplaceable?"

"No, not a problem, I can have an omega replace it while we're down in the infirmary." Said Carson with a slight smile.

"Good" Gabe picked up the chair and flipped it upside down. Quickly he snapped 2 of the chair's legs off, Catching on to Gabe's idea, Carson took off his shirt and ripped it into long narrow strips starting at the bottom and ripping until he reached the long sleeves. He left the sleeves as they were for later. Gabe and Carson both walked over to the stretcher and began to wonder how they were going to go about setting her arm without doing more damage.

"Well, it has been a long time since I took a human first aid course but if I remember correctly, you're supposed to take the broken limb, stabilize it as much as possible, then put the sticks on either side and tie them securely in place. So if you would stand back, I'll pick up her arm and you can try to straighten the wrist a bit so we can splint it." Said Gabe with a look of apprehension.

"No, why can't you do it? I'll hold her arm, I mean come on I know nothing about anatomy, you should do it."

"Carson, stop fucking around and just hold her wrist straight so I can splint it. The sooner we splint it, the sooner we can get her fixed up and resting in the infirmary."

"Fine, let's just get this done and over with." Said Carson, walking around to allow Gabe room to grab her upper arm so he could gently move the wrist and hand so it could be splinted. With a somber face, Carson gently grabbed Skyler's wrist. He slowly moved her hand into its proper position, only to drop it in shock when Skyler sat straight up and gave the most agonized ear piercing scream that they had ever heard. Losing consciousness again from the agonizing pain.

"Damn it Carson, now were going to have to start again. This time, no matter what, do not let her wrist slip out of position or there could be serious damage done to her nerves and muscles."

"Well, you didn't warn me that she would do that and quite frankly I almost had a heart attack when she did that," said Carson with a sheepish look.

"OK then lets give this one more try."

Carson slowly began to move the wrist into a position in which it could be splinted and was relieved when the human stayed unconscious.

"There, that wasn't so hard now was it?"

"Oh just shut up and splint her wrist."

Gently putting one of the broken chair legs, securely against her wrist. "OK now I need you to let go of her wrist and keep the chair legs in place. OK, can you do that?"

Not bothering to reply Carson merely growled and held the chair legs in place. Gabe opened his medical bag and began to wrap gauze firmly, but not tightly around the chair legs to keep the limb from moving.

Mean while Roger was on the telephone with a young omega whom he had decided to take under his wing. He was telling the omega to bring a chair up to Carson's room, to knock on the bedroom door after entering the sitting area and wait until Roger answered. "And hurry pup. Remember what I said? Forget everything you've seen after you leave the room. Understood?"

"Yes, I understand Roger. Thanks again for agreeing to mentor me," said Mikel, one of the youngest omegas currently in the pack.

"The chair will be replaced in a few moments, Sir, by a young omega who we can trust to be silent about everything."

"Yes, just about ready for you, why?"

"Because Mikel will be here soon and if you don't want him to see anything, you should leave now. Besides, from what I know about broken bones, isn't it worse if you leave a break and allow the appendage to swell doctor?"

"Your right Roger, but it's best to get everything sorted out so that we don't injure her while trying to move her," said Gabe, only to be interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Roger opened the door quietly and moved aside so the pup could set about doing his task. Mikel quickly put the chair down in the corner of the room, swept up chips of splintered wood, threw them in the trash. Then picked up the rest of the broken chair and left the room as silently as he had arrived.

"OK enough fucking around, let's get her down to the infirmary now so we can get the x-rays taken and I can examine her." Gabe was getting more and more impatient by the second. Not willing to take no for an answer, Gabe made sure Skyler's arm was safely by her side. Gabe pulled up the guard rails on the each side of the stretcher and began to move Skyler out of the bedroom door pausing only to let Roger open the bedroom and sitting room doors for him. Pushing the gurney towards the elevator and pressing the button, he looked back to realize that Roger was following him, but Carson was not.

"Are you coming Carson?"

"No, I'll come there as soon as I'm done. I have some things to deal with, starting with a pack meeting."

Carson took off heading for the stairs that would lead him directly to the omegas' den. Walking down the stairway, Carson wondered if he had done the right thing leaving Skyler with Gabe. He had no time to wonder now though; he had pack matters that must be dealt with immediately. Grabbing the door, not paying attention to what he was doing, he swung open the door only to have an omega fall at his feet. The obviously young and very smitten omega blushed profusely and gave a small seductive smile. "I'm soooo sorry Sir, I did not notice you on the other side of the door. I was just going to get a snack-"

"I don't have time for this bullshit Carri, just shut up and have everyone in the pack that is here, gathered in the meeting hall ASAP. No excuses."

"Yes, Sir" said Carri with a slight smirk.

Carson walked away muttering to himself, making his way to Cable's office near his own. Not bothering to knock on the door, he walked through the door only to hear what his second would say in his defense to be cut short by Cable saying.

"Thank god you're here; you deal with this bullheaded old fool, because he won't listen to me." Throwing the phone at Carson, he started storming out of the room.

"Hello, Hello? If someone doesn't answer me in the next 3 seconds, your emergency can be damned." Came the faint shouting from the phone.

"Calm down, Leslie I'm here now and I'll explain everything, but you might want to sit down."

"Why? What exactly happened Carson? Why was I called at 1 am and woken... I mean disturbed while in the middle of a phone conference?"

"You mean while you were napping on the couch in your office, don't you old man?" Carson said chuckling to himself.

"Damn it Carson, what's going on? I thought there was an emergency. What the hell is going on down there?"

"Well, there is a dead human, about 30 years old, about 6 foot give or take a few inches and I have a feeling he isn't the nicest guy on the block. He was trying to kill a young human in Pryden's forest; he was planning on raping her first. I had to kill him. There was no other choice; I made the choice you would have made. I thought you might be able to use your connections with the Feds to clear this up."

"Did you have to kill him Carson; I mean how am I going to explain this to the Feds? Ever since word has slipped and the world as a whole came to know of our existence things have been very tense. One more killing could tip the balance Carson, but I will do what I can. Please tell me he at least had some sort of weapon, I mean if he had a weapon I could tell the Feds he was trying to attack pack members and it would probably be dealt with more easily."

"The human had a gun on him. Do me a favor and tell the Feds that he was trying to threaten me and attack me, leave the human out of this for now...she has been through enough as it is."

"I don't know about that Carson, that girl has a family, and they deserve to know where she is and if she's alive, give me all her information and I'll do some searching on her. Then we can figure out whether to mention her or not. Just get some rest and relax for the night, we'll talk about this in the morning."

"I've got a pack meeting to conduct first, but after that I'll go rest." Having said that Carson hung up and left his second's office.

************************

Walking down the hall, Carson heard the murmur of conversations going on in the den's meeting room. Walking into the upper balcony where there was a microphone and speaker system, Carson picked up the microphone "If I could have your attention please, I know it's late and we're all probably very tired. I know I need some rest but I need to inform you that at this point in time, we have a person who will be staying in the den with us who is a human. She was found injured in the forest and is desperately in need of care. She is NOT to be disturbed, hunted, hit on or even come into contact with, with anyone except the Betas who will be helping me. Roger will tell you who you are if you are to be helping me. Now I know you all have questions and I promise they will all be answered in time, until then she is to be thought of as off limits. Now you may all go to bed. I'm sure you could all use the rest." Carson turned off the microphone and walked out of the upper balcony towards the elevator, hearing the murmuring once again as the doors opened and closed again once he was inside. Which helped to slice off the murmurs quickly and precisely.

************************

Gabe finished putting a cast on Skyler's arm with the help of the pack nurse. Preparing to move her to a larger more comfortable bed in the infirmary, they were shocked when they heard Carson yelling at them to stop.

"No, leave her on the stretcher. She's going to stay in my room for the time being because it's the only place I know she will be left alone. Roger would you please bring one of the cots we keep on hand into my sitting room and have someone make it before we bring Skyler up."

"Right away Sir" Roger walked over to the phone talking in low tones.

"So Gabe, what all is wrong with this poor girl?" asked Carson impatiently, ready for the day to be over.

"Well, she has a mild concussion, 6 fractured ribs, the rest are probably bruised as well, a bunch of superficial cuts and mild abrasions, a broken wrist and a sprained ankle."

"I'm going to keep her sedated for the next 24 hours, so she can have some time to heal. I'll come back tomorrow evening to check on her again, and then we'll allow her to sleep until she wakes naturally and we'll go from there. But her chances of full recovery are good, so I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet."

"So bottom line is she's going to be OK?"

"It looks that way Carson, she was lucky though. If that bastard had gotten his hands on her again she would probably be dead. She'll need to be constantly monitored but other than that she needs rest."

Gabe started to slowly move the stretcher towards the elevator. Carson wearily followed. He helped Gabe push the gurney into his room, making sure everything was set up. They each slowly slid to one side of the blanket and moved her into his bed. Samara having followed them made sure all the monitors were still properly hooked up, she grabbed the gurney and went back down to the infirmary.

"Well, Gabe thanks for coming. I really appreciate it. I guess I'll let you go home and grab a few more hours sleep now."

"I'll see you tomorrow Carson," said Gabe yawning.


I'll never get to sleep though. Carson thought it seemed like this night will never end. Laying his head on the pillow Carson fought yet another yawn not knowing what the next day would bring.

************************

Skyler woke up wondering where she was, what had happened and why she hurt so much. Was she in the hospital? Had someone found her injured and on the side of the road somewhere? She opened her eyes and looked at the room around her. It was wide and spaciously decorated with warm earthen tones that had touches that were wholly male. Skyler leaned over to sit up, only to scream in pain and fall back against the bed...

************************

kinkinesss
kinkinesss
150 Followers