Who Do You Believe?

Story Info
She takes it, hook line and sinker.
17.4k words
3.64
161.4k
47
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BlBones
BlBones
549 Followers

This is a story regarding trust between a married couple. If you're looking for a lot of hot sex, you will want to go elsewhere. There is sex in the story, but that's not what it's all about. Also, I am aware, from my first story, that there are a number of attorneys reading these stories. I was called on things that "legally" couldn't happen. Well I'm going to do it again. But let me remind you that the story is FICTION. I'll close by asking: How many of the courtroom shenanigans that Matlock and Perry Mason pulled would have gotten by in a "real" courtroom?

*

For the past few weeks, Vic Sailor had been aware that things were not 100% with Terry, his beautiful wife of three years. He had tried to talk to her about things but she just kept brushing it off telling him that it was nothing and things would be ok.

Vic had been out of town Wednesday and Thursday. He was due to get home Friday, but things had gone so well that he got back Thursday afternoon, He went straight home and called Terry and let her know he was home and asked if she would like to go out for supper.

She was surprised to hear him. She told him she was sorry but they had an emergency and that, thinking he wouldn't be home until tomorrow she had agreed to work late tonight. She probably wouldn't be home until after midnight. The company has a strict policy that no employee shall be on the premises between midnight and five-thirty a.m. "Honey, I'm sorry but there is no way to get someone else at this hour. I'll see you in the morning." He told her he would be waiting up for her.

She flatly refused him when he suggested they could meet for dinner before she started her night session. He was stunned at the rejection and couldn't imagine what was so bad that she couldn't take time for dinner with him. But, oh well!

When she came home a little after midnight he thought she looked a little strange, but nothing special. She said, "If it hadn't been for company policy, I would probably still be at work." She exclaimed that she was very tired, got a shower, and went right to bed giving Vic a perfunctory kiss and then rolling over to sleep.

Vic was disappointed, he wanted to make love to his sweetheart and let her know how much he had missed her. In the morning he felt it was a little strange that she didn't rush right out of the house to get back to the office early and get the remaining work done. In fact, she complained that she was tired from last night and went in a little late.

Vic had to take himself to work. (Terry and Vic work for the same firm, but are in different divisions.) That night, having helped Terry clean up after dinner, Vic had started watching their college football team play one of their big rivals. She had been more quiet and withdrawn than usual as they ate and he had not been able to draw her out. He was a little concerned when she headed for the bedroom instead of joining him for the game (she was a football fan too). But, he knew that her period was due and maybe that had her off her stride.

About fifteen minutes later she came in and when he looked up at her, it appeared that she had been crying. She was holding a manila envelope that she tossed in his lap as she stopped in front of him.

He looked at the envelope and then back at her and asked, "Honey, what's wrong? What's this? What's going on?"

She looked at him a moment and then in a very irritated voice said, "You, know damned well what's been going on. Open the damned envelope and enjoy your present."

Dumbfounded he opened the envelope and withdrew six large photos. On seeing the content, his mouth fell open, speechless, and tears started to well in his eyes. When he finally found his voice, through a flood of tears he said, "Terry, what in the hell is going on? What's the meaning of this?" He just wanted to throw up.

What he was looking at was photos of his wife, in various positions, having sex with one of his coworkers.

As she headed back to the bedroom, through a flood of tears she screamed, "That's what you get for cheating on ME you bastard."

Vic was speechless. The emotions of hurt, rage, murder, suicide, revenge, love, hate being victimized, and others were fighting for ascendancy over one another. After a few minutes he was left with only a terrible hurt prevailing as he was trying to figure out what had happened.

One thing he knew for damned sure was that he had never, ever, cheated on his wife. So what was behind this? Thankfully tomorrow was Saturday and they could talk then. He knew that there was no way they could hold a rational discussion tonight. He was too upset to be able to form coherent thoughts, let alone speak them.

He couldn't bear to watch the game; that was something they usually shared. Turning off the TV he went to the spare bedroom where he couldn't even start to sleep. By midnight he had cooled down some. He still hurt like hell but he still loved his beautiful wife.

As the hours passed to dawn, he was trying to erase the photo images from his mind and began to try to find some rationale as to what had brought this on. It didn't take long for him to dismiss the idea that Terry was actually having an affair. She had accused him of having an affair and the pictures he had seen appeared to be a revenge fuck, meant to hurt, big time. And, it did.

By dawn he rationalized that Lenny, the asshole who was fucking his wife, had somehow set her up. Lenny had been sniffing after her ass since the day he came to work and Terry had sent him packing on more than one occasion. In fact, Vic himself had cornered him at a party one time and threatened to put his ass in a sling if he didn't leave Terry alone. Accepting that there had been a set up didn't lessen the pain but it gave Vic something to work with.

After sun-up he went to the kitchen and made some coffee while he continued to ponder the situation. Just as the coffee finished brewing, Terry came in, looking at the floor. She looked like death warmed over and it was obvious that she had not had a good night either.

Before he could say a word she lifted her head, looked at him, turned on the tears, and exclaimed, "Oh Vic, how could you? Don't you love me any more?"

He got up and went to her and tried to take her in his arms. She just stepped away telling him she didn't want him to touch her right now; that she wasn't sure she that she wanted him to ever touch her again, and again asked, "How could you?"

Vic stepped back and told her that he didn't know why she thought he was cheating and asked her to explain what made her think he was. In a loving but commanding voice he said, "Terry, you must believe me. I have never cheated on you. Please tell me where you got the idea I was being unfaithful."

Her response told him not to make things any worse than they already were by lying, that she knew better.

He reaffirmed that he hadn't cheated and he deserved to know how he had been condemned for something he hadn't done. He concluded by asking, "Terry, am I not entitled to a fair trial? Am I going to have to suffer more shit for something that hasn't happened?"

She was demanding that he tell her why he was having an affair and let him know that, the matter was not open for discussion if he was going to continue to lie.

Now Vic is normally very easy going, but her reply and her seeming unwillingness to talk to him pushed him past the limit. He took a moment to consider what she just said and then determined that if there was any chance for setting things straight and saving the marriage, he was going to have to take a hard line. Whatever she was working with had been solidly entrenched and it was going to take dynamite to dislodge it.

With that, he exploded, "Terry, I don't know what has happened but you can bet your unfaithful ass that whether we stay together or not, I'm going to find out what's going on. Further more, if you are going to brand me as unfaithful and as a liar without even talking about it, we have nothing to keep this marriage alive. If you want a divorce, say so right now and let's kill this monster that you have brought into this house and this marriage. Finally, I'm giving you one weeks notice, starting right now, that if you haven't found the time and occasion for us to sit down and rationally discuss this situation, I will file for divorce. I will end by telling you that I love you but I can't live with someone who doesn't love me, doesn't trust me any more, and won't even give me a chance to defend myself." With that he turned for the bedroom.

Terry was stunned. In all the time they had known each other, Vic had never spoken to her like this and he never ever, used any words that belittled her. For a moment she considered that maybe there had been a huge mistake. He sounded very forceful, not like she thought he would sound if he were lying. It was panicking her to think that she had erroneously sought revenge. But no, the evidence was there. As he headed for the bedroom she fearfully asked, "Vic, where are you going?"

He told her he was gathering things he would need for the next week and was going to find a motel. He jolted her by telling her he was not in the mood to sleep with a slut right now and he certainly didn't want to sit around wondering if she would ever talk to him again.

Suddenly the total severity of the situation crashed down on her and she began to cry. Right now she didn't know what she thought. Only one thing she did know for sure was that she loved him and she really didn't want to be without him. But, how could he have done this horrible thing? She ran to him, grabbed him and asked him to come, sit, and talk.

Vic wanted to melt as he stopped and pushed her hand from his arm. But he knew this situation was going to require him to be hard-nosed for now and he knew she was not ready to talk seriously. He looked her in the face and said, "Honey, you know what you have done has hurt me beyond description. I don't know what I did to deserve it but I certainly haven't cheated as you have accused me of. With what has happened in the last half hour, I can see that you are in no condition to talk about our situation so I'm going to a motel where I can be quiet and think. I don't think you want to go to bed with me and after what I have seen I absolutely don't want to be that close to you. I'll call you and let you know where I am."

Terry dropped to the couch and didn't even try to stop the flow of tears. Vic left saying he would call once he found a room. She was left with nothing to do except feel the hurt and go back over the past month remembering what had happened.

* * * * *

It was actually only three weeks ago yesterday that Mel (Melvin Frost), Vic's boss, had stopped at her desk and asked her to drop by his office when she had a moment. Mel was an enigma to her. She knew Vic respected him professionally but also knew Vic didn't like him as a person. In fact she remembered him quipping to some friends one time that, "He knew that Mel didn't have hemorrhoids because a perfect asshole doesn't have hemorrhoids." Everyone had broken up laughing.

Through family and recreational functions the company holds, they each are, at least, acquainted with the others coworkers. Of course, she knew Mel reasonably well.

When she went to his office, he invited her to sit and asked if she would like a soft drink. She politely declined. After Mel went on for a few minutes about how he treasured Vic and what an outstanding team member he was, he suddenly stopped.

Then lowering his voice told her that even though he thought a lot of Vic and his work, he had recently been made aware of a problem and that it involved Vic. He didn't want to speak out of turn but there were rumors that Vic was involved with a female member of the staff and since he couldn't permit that under company policy, he was investigating. He went on to tell her he had called her in since he felt she was entitled to know what was happening.

She was shocked and hurt. She loved Vic and didn't want to believe he could do that to her. She asked him what he had to go on.

He produced a couple of photos. Neither one was anything really unusual. In one, Vic had his arm around his secretary's shoulder at the coffee machine. The other was a little more questionable as it looked as though she was about to sit on his lap or was just getting off. It didn't make any difference which way she was moving; her skirt was raised well above her knees.

She then asked if he was going to fire Vic to which he responded, 'yes,' if the suspicions were true. Before she left, he told her that it was up to her but, there wasn't much to go on right now. And, if she wanted to verify what the evidence was pointing to, she should not say anything to Vic until more proof was obtained.

The female in question was Helen Williams, the group secretary. Vic was not up the ladder far enough to have his own secretary. He shared a secretary with two peers.

Terry knew, rather knew of, Helen and was aware that she was a knock out beauty. Helen was probably eight or nine years older than Vic and she was married with two teenage children. Terry had never been jealous of her before, but now she was beginning to feel the barbs of jealousy starting to needle her.

She told Mel that she would say nothing until the proof was there. She hoped and she prayed that the rumors would be unfounded. Leaving his office she went to the ladies room where she broke down and cried. She loved Vic and she had thought he loved her too. How could he be doing this?

That is how it began. Following that day, Mel informed her of subsequent apparent improprieties on several occasions. Each time he would tell her what had happened and show her photos or let her hear recorded phone conversations that seemed to support the inappropriate behavior. Terry's jealousy was growing with each report and she was finding herself uncomfortable with Vic at home. She had started to avoid him and reject his amorous advances. They had not made love in over a month now.

This scenario continued until this past Thursday. Shortly after getting to work, Mel called and asked her to come. Terry knew why she was being called and was dreading the call. In Mel's office it didn't take long for him to remind her that Vic had been out of town and that though she may not have been aware of it, Vic had asked that Helen come to take notes and process the flood of paperwork they were going to have to handle.

The fact that Helen had gone on the trip and that Vic had said nothing about it to her sent Terry into an internal rage. Her rage was further kindled as Mel produced a photo of the two of them going into a hotel room. Then he handed her a picture with Vic apparently leaving the room and Helen was standing in the door wearing a short robe and lingerie. Mel was quick to explain that he was sorry that they couldn't get conclusive pictures from inside the room but that these were pretty self-explanatory.

Terry lost it at that point and started calling Vic names and talking about how she was going to cut his balls off when he got home.

Mel went to her and comforted her. After she had cooled a little, he asked her if she really meant what she had just said and whether she really loved him.

She thought for a moment and then collapsed crying and affirming that she really did love him. She was so hurt. She never dreamed Vic was capable of this. Now she just didn't know what she should or could do.

Mel commiserated with her for a while longer and then sat in a chair beside her and said to her, "Terry I don't know what or how to advise you. I'm not a counselor. However, I can tell you of one solution that I have personally seen work. It worked when my father cheated on my mother."

Terry wiped her face with a paper napkin, looked at Mel and asked, "What happened?

Mel said, "She made dad hurt as much as he had hurt her. She got revenge by sleeping with another man and making sure that Dad knew it. I can tell you for sure, he never wandered again."

Terry contemplated what she had just heard and replied that she would have to think about anything like that. She wasn't sure that was a good solution.

Mel told her, that was up to her. He was only sharing what he had seen. He hastened to add that whatever she did, she shouldn't let it go too long, that other things could come into play.

She wanted to know what other things he was talking about.

Mel told her he could not let this go on lest the firm get caught in a law suit. This kind of conduct between employees, especially on company time and premises, was grounds for immediate dismissal.

She thought about it some more and finally said to him, "Maybe having revenge and hurting him would work. But, I don't want to take a chance with a stranger or any of my friends; I don't know anyone I would be comfortable with."

Mel sat pensively for a few moments. Finally he spoke up and said, "I really shouldn't be saying this 'cause I could get my butt fired if anyone found out. Do you really think you would like a revenge sex session?"

The words startled her and she finally said tentatively, "I don't know. Maybe; But how would I be sure that Vic found out and believed it."

Mel said, "Well you can arrange it so he catches you in the act at home or some pre arranged place, or you could have a camera set up to record the event."

Terry replied that she didn't think she could do it with him actually seeing it.

Mel's reply was that it would be a lot more effective in person than in pictures, but that pictures do a good job.

Terry sat silently pondering the possible scenarios and effects for several minutes while Mel just sat waiting for her to reply.

Finally Terry spoke up and said that maybe a revenge fuck would work. She felt that maybe it would hurt Vic enough that he wouldn't stray again. Then she continued, "But I don't have any idea who I would want to get to do it with me."

Mel smiled and said, "This is where, as I said before, that I could lose my job if anything goes wrong. But, do you want to hear?"

She replied in the affirmative.

He then said, "Ok, this stays in my office. There are members of your husbands department who would love to get inside your pants. I know one in particular and I know him well. I know his feelings from locker room discussions. Does that sound interesting?"

She was bothered by this sudden change of events. But she also wanted to get things straightened out quickly and she replied, "But he works with my husband. That would create real problems on the job."

Mel told her kindly that if all this is confirmed, as he was certain it would be, the person in question would probably take over Vic's job since Vic would no longer be with the firm. Under this circumstance Vic will not be allowed to stay with the firm any longer.

Terry started to cry again. She was now in double jeopardy, her husband was unfaithful and he was losing his job. Then she stopped crying momentarily and asked, "What about my job?"

Mel told her she had not violated company policy. Whether she stayed after Vic was dismissed was up to her,

Then she asked, "But what if I do this revenge fuck thing with the person you mentioned, wouldn't that be the same as what Vic is doing?"

Again, Mel smiled at her and replied, "That's where my job comes under real jeopardy. As long as it is all done quietly with no one else involved, we can just pretend it never happened. I think a lot of Vic and if this would help prevent him from making the same mistake on his next job, I'm willing to take the chance."

Then she asked, "Why do you think this person would really be willing to participate?"

Mel said, "Just a minute." He went to his desk and popped a cassette into his recorder. He fumbled around a moment until he found what he was looking for and then he pressed the play button and said, "Just listen."

BlBones
BlBones
549 Followers