Whose Fault Was It (Second Half) Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mark spoke up, "Mrs. Trenton are you being bored to tears by Janet?'

Without looking up Janet retorted, "You hush up Mark Parker. I am a grandmother now and I have the right to enjoy it!"

Jill wanted to duck, thinking more insults would be flying with her name in the middle of some. All she wanted to do was get the keys to her husband's car and leave.

"See what I meant about the cobbler's children have no shoes. Mark could have brought my car in but no." Janet explained.

"Sorry sweetie, but I had to make another store this morning." Mark replied sweetly.

Janet smiled at Mark, "It turned out fine, I ran into an old and dear friend." Then to Jill, "Jill you remember my husband Mark don't you?"

Jill just looked up with her mouth gapped open. She had never considered that Janet and Mark were back together. Especially with the reaction Mark had given to Janet's name when she had recognized him on her previous visit. Trying to recover she looked at Janet and smile weakly, "Yes I do, I saw him here the last time I was in. He didn't mention you two were..."

Janet looked at Mark. "I guess that Saturday when we met at the Mall I forgot to tell you that I ran into Jill, Mrs. Trenton now," he said.

Janet smiled as big as Mark ever remembered. Mark's mind went back to the vision of Janet's ass in those tight yellow shorts as she walked away. "I guess I had other things on my mind," he explained.

Janet blushed slightly and had no thoughts that Mark had hidden fact of the meeting. "I forgive you dear. You say our cars are ready? Then we had better leave. It has been good to see you Jill."

Mark walked both ladies to their cars. The women embraced at the Bentley before they parted. Each mentioning they would have to get together again and really catch up on old times but neither asked for the other's phone number. A relieved Jill Trenton drove away with a resolution to never patronize that location ever again.

Marked waked Janet to her car, when he opened the door she stepped up and kissed him passionately. The kiss was a classic with Janet reaching up to let their lips meet as she bent one leg out behind her. "When will you be home Mark?"

Mark smiled, "Give me half an hour. Have to get some things in order but I'll be there."

"Good, I'll be waiting."

Mark went inside and looked at Sally, "If you want the assistant manager's job it is yours as of today."

"Yes Sir, thank you Mr. Parker." Sally was overwhelmed. She had applied for so many jobs, starting just two weeks after the twins were born but had found little luck until Mark had hired her as counter help. Sally had only an 11th grade education and everyone else had dismissed her as a candidate when she lacked the basic high school diploma.

"Fine, you have a key and a code to the alarm. Now I want you to close tonight. Keep some men late, I don't want you alone with the cash." Mark saw that hurt her. "I'm sorry, that came out wrong; I'm worried about your safety, not the money. You alone, would be too tempting a target for some petty crooks." Sally smiled when she realized it was not her honesty that was the issue. "I'll get Randy to help with the counter. And there is one more thing I want to ask. Will you open tomorrow morning? I won't make a habit of having you close and open the next morning, but if you will I'd consider it a personal favor."

"Yes Sir, Mr. Parker. I'll be glad to."

Mark paused to think. "Sally I'll leave you some instructions on the desk in the office up stairs." On the desk was a note with his home and cell number and $200.00 advance on her new salary. As he passed Sally on his way to the bay he said, "Ok I got to run. Janet had something she wants me to do."

Sally blushed. Mark realized what he had said. Not wanting to make an embarrassing matter worse he thanked Sally again and left.

In the bay Mark sought out Billy James. Billy had come to Mark's attention over a note on the refrigerator door. It read, "No Foods Left Overnight" and had the signature of one Mark Parker. Mark had no part of the note so he investigated. It didn't take long for the finger to be pointed to one Billy James. Billy was 23 and had worked at the service for 6 years. He had come along with the store one might say. While in high school Billy had worked summers and part time till he graduated, then became a full time employee for the original owner. He was a good worker and took pride in everything he did.

Looking at the 6' 2" freckled face boy you might think him still in school. He was not ugly but by no means handsome; the word ordinary might be the best way to describe his looks. But looks can deceive. Inside the skinny boy was a big heart. Billy had explained. "Mr. Parker, I sure am sorry bout using your name like that but it was the only thing I could think of. See we all noticed that Sally didn't eat no lunch. And one time I saw her take a roll of toilet paper to the counter and put it by her purse. She said it was to blow her nose on but it was gone when she left. That's when we all figured things was pretty tight at her place. I would get more'n I could eat and give her the leave overs." Billy paused then added, "And they was all good I mean I hadn't taken a bit or nothing like that. Sally took it but just nibble on the sandwich. That night she took it home too. So all us guys would get some extra and leave it in the fridge. Sally was too honest to take it like that so I put the sign on the door. Since she was the one that cleaned the break room at night she'd take it home, rather'n throw it out. Only way I could think of to get her to eatin' proper."

Mark was impressed. Billy continued. "Gosh Mr. Parker I'm sorry, I was just worried. You know that Sally been breast feedin' them babies. She even...she...kinda' gets the milk here and takes it home. And we was thinking she wasn't gettin' enough food to keep... you know make good milk and all."

"Sally is expressing herself her at work you say?" Mark thought out loud.

Billy was puzzled with that and thought a minute. "Well yes sir, she said she didn't want no charity and she expressed that real well. That's why I wrote that sign and then put your name to it."

Mark smiled realizing Billy didn't understand the term of a woman 'expressing herself'. He watched and soon realized that Billy was smitten by Sally. The only problem was that Sally happened to be the only one at the shop that didn't see it.

"Billy I want you to stay late after the store closes if you will."

"Yes Sir Mr. Parker, got a special customer?"

"No Billy, Sally is the new assistant manager and will be closing tonight. I don't want her to be alone with the money." But this time Mark explained. "A lone woman with money is too easy a target for some two bit crook. I don't want Sally hurt."

Billy smiled real big.

"Keep a couple of men with you. Bring her car in and service it. Anything it needs put it on. If we don't have it, get it as quick as you can. She'll be opening tomorrow so you can complete it then. Write it up to me. If Sally asks tell her it part of the benefit plan."

"Sure thing Mr. Parker."

"And Billy if you will, make sure she gets home safe tonight?"

"A pleasure, can I tell her you told me to?"

"Sure Billy but don't make too much of a habit using my name. If you do I'll give you my wife's credit card bills to pay!" Mark joked.

In half an hour Mark rolled into his drive. Janet met him at the door and kissed him. As she did her hand found his erection. Janet pulled back and looked at Mark with a serious expression. "Mark Parker if you think that every time you see a blond haired bimbo, or a big titted clerk and get a hardon you can run home to me and I'll just lay down and spread my legs?" She looked Mark in the eyes. He feared what was coming next. Evidently Janet had seen the way he had looked Sally up and down, how could he explain his true intent?

Janet continued her statement. "If that is what you think Mr. Mark Parker you are 100% correct. That is every bit as true as the fact my name has been Janet Parker for the last fifteen years. I want you to always come home to me!"

Janet took Mark's hand and led him to their bedroom. It was a short walk down the hall but it had been a long journey for them both. And it had affected not only them but so many others.

The End

12