Why Me? Ch. 01

Story Info
My bestfriend is my mate, my family is dead I'm also a witch.
7.1k words
4.57
22.7k
54
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/22/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was running fast and hard, whipping by the trees as if the devil himself were on my heels. I could NOT let this happen. He was my best friend it'd just be weird if we were mated. When I felt his hands touch my skin slightly at my back, I throw myself at a tree and begin to climb as fast as my arms could take me.

"Leah!" he yells from below in frustration. I didn't care what rank he was in, he was not getting me down from this tree. As the thought crosses my mind I felt the tree shake violently. I whip my head down at him.

I see him with an axe chopping the trunk down almost too easily. "Are you insane?" I scream down at him.

"If you won't come down willingly I'll just make you come down" he yells back. "We need to talk about this" he growls.

I growl back at him "No we don't"

"You can't run forever Leah, now if you please, this tree will hate me if I cut it down" he warns. He never stopped with the axe either. I sigh. I begin to regrettably climb down but before I touch the ground I look at him.

"Can I have a 5 minute head-start?" I ask very hopefully. I knew he was going to lunge at me as soon as my toes touched the ground...but I had to try.

"Um Leah?" he asks.

"Yes Jay?" I ask in a hopeful voice.

"No"

I roll my eyes "Well you could be"- I lunge off the tree and stumble once then take off.

"Leah!" he groans. I just run harder and smile a little but just then a log comes out of nowhere and slams into my stomach hard. I flop on the ground the air rushing out of my lungs, just as Jay, my best friend, comes into view looking down at me. I look to the other side to see Greg and Simon high-fiving each other. I rubbed my stomach moaning in pain then sit up and look at them.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I wheeze out at them.

Greg holds his hands up chuckling "Hey, the boss told us to do it"

I shoot my eyes to Jay who was looking at me with a hungry look on his face. When he reaches my eyes his hungriness seems to intensify. You see Jay, if you hadn't figured it out yet, is the Alpha. I am just a beta and running from him is probably the worst thing to do when it came to werewolves.

I stand up brushing myself off and look at him with narrowed eyes. Greg and Simon, also my friends, were his second and third in command, his beta's. "Was that necessary?" I hiss.

He smiles slightly and grabbing my upper arms he pulls me to him. I could hear his intake of breath and I shivered slightly. I tried not to breathe in his scent but it was hard, seeing as how I sort of need air to, well, live. I took in a deep breath and all I could smell is pine, honey, mint, and berries. I had no exact details of all the mingled scents but it smelled so good. He'd just turned 21 the day before yesterday. I was on vacation so he had no strange encounters, no mysterious women, no, oh no. It was like he was waiting for me to show up and turn everything around.

He pulled back "Mine" he growled into my ear once again that day then without any other words he lifted me over his shoulder. I wasn't surprised but I was outraged.

"Jay! Put me down! I can walk" I yell hitting his back.

He just chuckles. Greg and Simon were looking at us strangely. "Please, tell me you guys aren't going to get touchy feely around us and Jen right?" Simon asked sarcastically.

I lift my head up and glare at him "You could help me"

"Um no way, as much as I think of you as a little sister Leah, going up against an Alpha that's obviously claiming you is pretty tough...for you" he says with a grin. I let my head fall back down. Then I get an idea. I slide my leg down slightly. He feels the slight movement and moves his hand to my calf gently. I pull my leg up then jerk it forward kicking him hard in his abdomen. He grunts falling to his knees as I twist in his arms and try to sprint away but he just stands up and holds me to him.

"You are making it very hard to restrain a few things, Leah" he whispers hotly in my ear for only my ears. I shudder slightly and as he presses himself more into me I feel an obvious hard length press into my lower back. I blush furiously.

"Naughty boys don't get any treats" I hiss at him. He laughs quietly in my ear then tossing me over his shoulder with ease again he lets his hand slide to my inner thigh and strokes me slightly. As we walk back to his house I think about how we got here.

I was walking into the Alpha's house. It's been their house for centuries on end and as I walked up the marble steps I didn't notice Jay sitting at the dining table watching my every step at first. I'd always caught him watching me sometimes and he seemed extremely excited to see me today. I walked in then went straight to the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. There was something else in the air too but I waved it off. Jenna, my best friend and Jay's sister, came up to me first and hugged me. Greg and Simon for once weren't there and there mom wasn't there either I remember shrugging it off and going straight to Jay. I didn't notice how his quick intake of breath had him panting softly. I hugged him tightly, pressing every curve of my body into his unintentionally. When he wrapped his arms around me back it felt normal and familiar but then as I began to breathe his scent in his arms suddenly felt warm and protective. I mean, they've always felt that way but this was a different type of protectiveness that no father, no brother, no friend could give...and at that moment I knew. I pulled away slightly, time resuming again. I looked up meeting his eyes to see them molten gold. His wolf was trying to get out and I could only imagine what I looked like at that moment.

Then he pushed his face into my hair breathing loudly. "Mine" he mumbled quietly, almost to himself. I yanked myself out of his arms.

I hold my hands up backing away from him. "Jay" I murmur to him quietly as I back away from him slowly.

"I wouldn't run if I were you" he says back to me just as quietly as he slowly advanced to me. I ran into two walls. I put my hands on them and realized they were chests. I couldn't look away from the captivating golden eyes though.

"Move" I mumble still trying to move backwards even though the walls were unmoving. They were probably put there by Jay. And as he lunges at me I push past them and run out of the house as fast as I could. To avoid being seen by anyone I run around the house and into the forest. And that is how we ended up here. Eventually I see steps under me, then the hard wood floor with soft rug, and then I was being dropped on the sofa.

Simon and Greg had disappeared. It was just me and Jay now and that made me nervous for some reason. Jay and I have been friends for as long as I can remember along with Jenna, Greg, and Simon but most of the pack knew us as 'the Gang'. We were the...troublemakers you could say. Our parents were friends their whole lives so it was only natural that their kids become friends too. We did practically everything together. We were also well trained. Jay's father had taken us as his responsibility to train us so that we were the best. We'd had always asked him why he singled us out aside from his son and daughter of course. He had told all of us, regardless, that we all would need it someday.

He told us to only spar with each other and his own betas. When we'd beat every single one, he'd been satisfied so our heavy training was relented to just keeping our bodies toned and basically ready for anything. In high school, on pack lands of course, we'd been the worst; getting in trouble at every turn, sneaking out almost every night for parties or for a run or just to get out and hang, those years had to be the best. Jay and I sometimes found ourselves alone and it never bothered us before but now...

It was like I didn't know him but I knew every aspect of him. It was like a blind spot that I seemed to never get passed, I decided on. He walked up to me then sat down on the coffee table in front of me. I looked up at him getting caught in his eyes again. His wolf was more controlled now that he calmed down a little. His eyes were that wonderful shade of green again but they had little golden specks in them. I was mesmerized somehow. I'd seen these eyes before, why was it so much different now? I didn't know I really didn't care but it was weird though.

I had no idea how long we just sat there, not blinking, not moving just staring at each other into each other when a throat was cleared off to the side. We both jump slightly I look up at the intruder and relax a little. It was just Jenna. She sat down next to me and looked at the both of us.

"So, anyone want to tell me why you both were just sitting here looking at each other?" She asks with a smirk. I blush a little as Simon and Greg walk in and as Simon was about to sit next to me Jay growls and bares his teeth.

That's when the three of them snickered making me and Jay confused. "Wow, I owe you guy's 20 bucks" Jenna says sitting back crossing her arms over her chest.

I blink a little then finally tearing my eyes away from Jay I look at her "Why do you owe them 20 bucks?" I ask curiously.

"They said that you guys were mates and I didn't believe them so they betted me" she answers getting her phone and was texting fast.

"Jenna" Jay starts but Jenna just waves him off.

"Please, the pack already knows I'm just giving them an update" she says her eyes scanning the screen then touched something then put it on the armrest. At once there were rings and vibrations going on but only from me and Jay. I pull out my Galaxy to see I had over 20 new text messages and 4 missed calls under like 2 seconds.

"What did you just post?" Jay asks as I at the same time ask.

"Where did you get the axe?" Everyone looks at me with a quirky smile pulling at their lips. I was also known for my random questions, and clothes, and well everything.

"The axe?" he asks smiling, the pack knowing about us being mates momentarily forgotten.

"Yeah, you know, the axe that you used to nearly chop down a tree with" I hint out with my own playfulness.

Jenna gasps "Jay!" Jenna was well known for her extreme fondness for trees and plants. We all were but Jenna took it way over the top sometimes.

He gives her an impatient look "She was in the tree...I wanted her down" he mumbles the last part.

She crosses her hands over her chest "So that means to threaten the life of a tree?" she asks giving him the same impatient look back. They both had dark brown hair and they had green eyes that could melt a Popsicle. They definitely had that brother sister resemblance and they also had that every other five minute banter that all siblings seemed to have.

Greg and Simon were exactly alike in appearance and personality. They were both dirty blonds and they had hazel eyes that were golden in a way. They were inseparable since birth apparently and they never liked being apart. There 'senses' would 'tingle' they would always say whenever someone would ask. I always thought that was a little strange but never brought it up.

"If she climbs a tree and refuses to come down I threaten everything" he says looking her dead in the eye. She swallows looking at me then stands.

"I'm going to fix the damage Greg, Simon come with me. We wouldn't want to interrupt where things I'm sure are going to end up later" she says with a snort. They leave us a moment later and I look up once again getting captivated.

I shake my head a little and stand and he does to. I realized we were much closer than I thought. I glance down at his lips for a second before shooting my eyes back up at his eyes. I knew he noticed though because he stepped even closer. Before I could react completely he had me pressed against his body once more and then I felt his surprisingly soft lips on mine. I moan a little shifting my body then moved my hands from his arms to his shoulders to the back of his neck. I let my fingers wander into his hair and I marvel at how soft it felt. I felt him lick my bottom lip softly. I open my mouth with little thought and feel his tongue explore and he groaned.

I suck on his tongue softly and caress his own mouth with mine as he retreats. I moan at his taste. He was sweet like wine and sensual like honey. I swear the only thought I had was I wanted- no I needed more. I guess he did too because before I could calculate much else I was in his arms and up the stairs with little to no time. We were on his bed in seconds, tugging on each other's clothes.

Everything was like slow motion. I heard the rips I felt his kisses his caresses. I felt my own nails turn to claws and rip his clothes apart. I felt my lips taste his skin. It's like every part of him was intoxicating. I just felt...good God... I was soaking wet when I felt his fingers probe me. And the heavy length of him lay on my thigh and I couldn't help but feel nervous at the size of him. I wasn't a virgin but he felt huge. As he kissed the join between my neck and shoulder I moaned out.

"You're never going to fit" I knew he wanted to mark me, knew he wanted to make me his so no one would look my way but he knew as well as I did that if we mated without the elders or our own parent's permission Alpha or not. We. Were. Dead.

He chuckles slightly "I think we'll fit together just fine" he says leaning down. He kisses me as he positions himself. He pushes in steadily. I knew he wanted to go faster I knew he was going slowly for my sake. He really was stretching me, but in a good way, a painful way, but good way. He sucked in a breath then shoved the rest of himself in. My stomach quivered slightly. I shifted under him then wiggled my hips a little to tell him to go on.

It doesn't take much encouragement after that. He pulls out to just his head then pushes back in. The slight pain at him brushing against my cervix with the pleasure was...bliss. I hissed slightly at the pleasure and looked up at him again. That's where are eyes are for a while. His thrusts were steady his hands doing one thing to my clit while his other played with a nipple. I kept clenching and unclenching around him making him groan each time. We didn't care how many people knew right then. I, we just wanted each other so desperately that I'm sure we'd tell the world.

We he bends down and sucks on the join between my neck and shoulder I explode around him screaming his name. He goes faster sitting up again, the molten gold was back and I knew his wolf wanted to come out to play. Then I feel him quiver and I feel the first spurts of his seed inside me. He doesn't stop thrusting though now he was slower. He collapsed on top of me barely keeping his weight above me.

It was like on cue. Jay's mom knocks then without further ado she walks right in "Hey Jay, I was won"- she stops dead at the sight of us. I was too busy nuzzling my face into his neck to care. I was taking in our mingled scents in the air, my eyes narrowed into slits. He was softly licking me from my collar bone to my ear lobe. It was oddly relaxing as it was arousing.

"MOM!" he groans lightly. He sits up and pulls me up onto his lap. We were still joined and he wasn't soft. I rest my head on his shoulder as he begins stroking my waist length black hair. There was something odd about my hair. Every time I'd cut it the next morning it be back to its original length. It was weird but I didn't really object. My hair worked for me unlike anyone else who had to cut their hair like every month.

"I'm guessing this is what everyone was snickering about downstairs?" she asks eyeing us warily.

"I suppose so" I say leaning back gazing at Jay before snapping back to the situation and looking at my second mother, Ann Sue.

"Please tell me that you guys are mates and are acting on those hormones instead of just wanting a good fuck" she asks.

Jay rolls his eyes and looks at her "Mom when have I ever taken a girl up to my room...while you're...here and fucked her hard enough for you to hear?"

I gap at him "She's going to kill you" I say scooting off of him. I wince a little as he slips out of me but continue my escape. Well I would've escaped if he hadn't wrapped his arms around me.

"I would kill him my dear but you know...Alpha and all. Hope you guys didn't mate otherwise your father, Leah will punish the both of you. Actually, now that I think about it you should go there now. You can mate right after that" she suggests.

Jay buries his head into my hair "God you smell good" he mumbles. "Yeah we'll go" he says kissing my shoulder. His hands wandered to my breasts and squeezed.

"Why do you make it so hard to do the right thing?" I say melting in his arms again.

"Young man, do it now" That mother tone that left no room for argument permeated the air. Jay retreated at once.

"I'm sorry mom, she just smells so"- he breathes in again "-delectable"

"I know son, I've been through it all before" Ms. Sue lost her mate just over a year ago to a couple of rogues. She should've gone insane by now but she was normal. She was honestly trying in vain to keep it together for her kids. I was absolutely awed by her strength every day.

I get up and get dressed. I begin to try to fix my hair but it was forever destroyed unless I found a brush "How was the vacation?" Ms. Sue asks. "Heard you guys encountered sharks" she comments as we get dressed and straighten up. It was then I realized just how ripped my clothes were.

"It was fine, fun actually, wish you and the gang were there. It would have been so much cooler. Hey, um, tell Jenna I'm borrowing some things" I say scooting past her only to be stopped by her hand filled with clothes. I quickly take off my ripped clothes and change into some of Jenna's clothes. "We'll see you later" I say hugging her.

Jay tugged on my hand and we were walking downstairs. There was loud laughing coming from the kitchen. We knew who it was. Jay put his finger to his lips and we continued to tip toe past the door when Simon spoke out.

"Have fun up there?"

"Jay, were you murdering someone up there?" Greg spoke his voice filled with laughter.

"Gee Leah, I wonder who that victim could be" Jenna says. Then we hear bursts of laughter fill the room. I was so red at this point it was a wonder I wouldn't turn into a tomato. I stick my head into the door and stick my tongue out at them. And they laugh harder.

"We'll be back later" Jay yells over the laughter.

Greg had tears in his eyes "Oh yeah, let me know if you come back alive from her father"

"Yeah dude, you're a goner" Simon mumbles. Jenna just continued to laugh. We walked out the door. It seemed like everyone in the pack was out. And when we came out hand in hand roars of laughter and encouragement could be heard all around. Jay grabbed some sunglasses.

"Don't look them in the eye" he whispers then tugging my hand we began to walk down to my parent's house.

"Easy for you to say, Mr. Sunglasses" I murmur back to him. He smiles down at me.

When we get close the laughter ceases behind us. I was poking him in the ribs now teasing him.

"Right because you could have down way better" he says rolling his eyes. He tucked his sunglasses into his shirt.

"Yeah, me on top...that's hot"- I stop noticing something. He stops too and looks down at me. "Jay, something's wrong" I say. And just as I say my gut seems to turnover. The usual warm light wasn't seen in any of my windows. There was no joyous laughter coming from the house. It was like no one was there...Oh no...I begin to sprint down to the house to see the front door was slightly ajar and there were claw marks. Tears spring into my eyes.

"Leah!" his voice was full of warning but I don't listen. I shove the door open and cry out as I see blood was streaked everywhere. I swallow. "Leah!" he says again then he begins to yell to nearby people. I walk in and walk into the kitchen to see a horror. My father's throat was ripped out and pinned to the wall by daggers. My older brother was slumped in the corner his body covered in blood. My two younger brothers were ripped into shreds side by side. And my mother...she was lying on her unborn child with her head hanging off her shoulders. I turned her over and looked into her dead deep blue eyes. They matched mine except mine were full of tears.

12