Wicked Game Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
velvetpie
velvetpie
1,283 Followers

“You’re not an old lady, Julie, by any means.”

She touched his cheek. “You’re very sweet, James. You can stay the night if you wish.”

James looked down into the eyes of the beautiful actress and for a moment, he was lost in fan worship, thinking of how wonderful it would be to make love to her, to hear her call her name as she came. But it was all an illusion, just as Hollywood and its fleeting fame and glory was. His fingers rubbed against the outline of the rubber in his pocket and Beverly’s shy smile played in his mind.

“Thank you for the offer, Julie, but I’ve got to get going.” James pulled the blanket up over her shoulder. “Is there anything else I can do for you before I leave?”

“No.” She muttered, quickly falling asleep. “Thank you.”

“Sleep well, Julie. I’ll always love you.” James stood and looked down on her, not sure if she’d heard his last words, but feeling his heart lift when she smiled in her sleep. Good night, sweet Julie.

When he returned downstairs, he was surprised to find Shane and Beverly engaged in a game of 8-ball. Shane greeted him with his usual enthusiasm but Beverly was reserved, her smile tremulous and her body language displaying pain. Suddenly, he was tired, the years of his womanizing and being a lothario weighing upon him like the world on the shoulders of Atlas. Suddenly, he wasn’t James Hawethorne Weathers, lead anchorman. He was James Weathers, ordinary man.

“How did it go?”

“Great.” James gave Shane a weary smile. “I can’t talk about it but it was very nice.”

“Good.” Shane moved away to try a bank shot and James turned to Beverly. “Beverly … “

“There’s no need to say anything, James. I … we all know what’s required of us in this ‘game’.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t want to hurt you, Bev.”

Her brown eyes were dull with indifference. “No harm done. We’ve only known each other for a couple of weeks, James. I mean, we’re not boyfriend and girlfriend.”

James heard the words but he knew that she didn’t believe them any more than he did. He grasped her hand, looking into her eyes and willing that spark back into them. “I’m going to take a nap. Give me a call when everyone goes to supper.”

“Sure thing.” Shane shouted as James left the game room, heading for the elevators. He turned to his pool partner, noticing that she was standing, watching James leave also, but wearing a curious expression. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Beverly said softly, looking down into her open hand. “Not a thing.” She wasn’t sure what it meant but the fact that James had handed her a condom had to have some meaning.

And it could only be good.

velvetpie
velvetpie
1,283 Followers
12