Wild Flower Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
225 Followers

Carter smiled and then sat at his bed side. He could very well see that Christian was lost in thought and it was probably because he knew what had happened between them the previous day. It was really wonderful.

"Everything that had happened was pretty intense." He chuckled softly. "But I don't want you to continue thinking about those things."

"What?" Carter wasn't making any sense. None of what he said was clear. "Can you please elaborate? I don't get you."

This was the moment for Carter to finally tell Christian what his feelings were. He took a deep breath and chuckled nervously.

"The other day when I came to your house, you told me that you were going crazy because you were in love with a man." He asked softly. "I thought that man was... well..." he was nervous as hell. "...that man was..."

"You?" Christian chuckled, raising his eye brows.

"What?" Carter gasped as a wave of emotions hit him. He was very nervous.

Christian smiled, shaking his head. "You suspect that you know the man. That's why you ask a lot of questions, right."

"Well, I..."

"He visited me one night." He said. "He was here and I could feel his presence." He remembered Miguel's face.

Carter's emotions just reached its maximum. He breathed in softly as his entire body shook in excitement. He was now sure that Christian was referring to him. He was the only one that had visited Christian. It was like a dream come true.

"How?" He asked.

"Yes, he was here and he was looking really lovely." He gave a sigh of relief. "I might have been asleep but I could feel him."

"Yes!" Carter thought as a smile appeared on his face, brighter than ever.

"Can you tell me the name of that man?" he insisted. "I would really love to know who he is and how he looks like."

Carter's question got Christian laughing. Of course, he couldn't tell Carter Miguel was the man he was in love with. He also had no idea why he kept on insisting even though Christian was making it clearly to him that he didn't wanna talk.

"I can't do that." he was getting really nervous and he was missing Miguel like crazy. "But what I can say to you is that I really, really love him so much."

"Like a friend?" Carter asked, raising his eyebrow.

"No!" Christian shook his head. "It's more than that. I just met him but I love him."

He then went ahead and held Carter's hands, rubbing on them sweetly. Carter's face brightened up and he went even head over hills for Christian. Fuck! He was now sure that Christian was gonna tell him he loved him... hopefully.

Christian cleared his voice.

"I know we just met almost two weeks ago..." he smiled at him, rubbing on his hands. "I know that we don't know each other that well but I have come to realize that you are a really nice person and you love me as well."

"This is it." Carter thought. "He is gonna tell me he loves me." His heart was racing and his body was trembling in excitement. This was really it.

"That's why I want to say..." He paused and looked in his beautiful eyes. "I love Carter."

"Oh my God!" Carter's heart literally exploded in excitement.

"I love you like my brother." Christian went on, sweetly hitting his hand. "I love you just like my brother.

Carter's heart shattered as soon as he heard that. He felt cold and lonely at the same time. His body trembled in fear and he somehow felt a sharp pain in his heart. The smile on his face faded as he remembered what the handsome man he was with had just said to him.

"I love you like my brother."

What could have been more painful than the words he heard from Christian? They felt as if they were a sharp sword that had just pierced through his heart. His hopes crushed and shattered to the ground. He felt so alone and heartbroken. He couldn't believe it.

"What?" he thought.

Carter tried hard to fight the tears from coming out and it seemed to be working. He moved his eyes away from Christian and moved his hands away from him. He was really in pain. Why did Christian have to do that to him, he thought?

Christian on the other hand could see through Carter. He could tell that he was somehow sad and maybe a little mad. He was no longer smiling and it made Christian to wonder what was wrong. It was so not like Carter.

"Hey!" Christian said softly. He had no clue that Carter loved him. "Are you alright? You don't look..."

"I have to go." Carter slowly got up from the bed. "I have..."

"Is there anything wrong?" Christian sounded really concerned. "I thought you were gonna stay and then keep me..."

"Yeah..." he smiled faintly. "But I had totally forgotten that I have to do something at home. I need to prepare something for work so I have to go. I will see you again later."

"But..."

But before he could even finish his sentence, Carter was gone and Christian had never seen him react like that before. It was as if he was mad at him but for what?

(Wake up dude, can't you see through Carter?)

***

Carter was seated on the street, looking right at the ground. He was seated on a bench with his eyes on the ground and he had no idea that he had a tear going down his cheek. His mind was back at the hospital and the only thing in his mind was just...

"I love you like my brother."

Yeah, that was really painful but no matter what he did... he couldn't seem to get it out of his mind. It was really painful to him. He couldn't get his mind off it. As he was seated on the chair, he felt a hand on his shoulder that got him out of his thoughts. He gasped and moved his eyes to see who had touched him. It was Lawrence. He had known him since he came back and was his only friend before he met Christian.

Lawrence was just around his age and they had become really good friends. He was a tall, blonde haired man with brown eyes and handsome face. He and Carter really loved each other so much. It was as if they had known each other long.

"What's going on?" He asked, sitting together with Carter on the bench. "You don't look like yourself. What's bothering you?"

Carter sighed, slowly rubbing his tear. Then he gave a bitter laugh.

"Christian told me today that he loves another man." He chuckled bitterly. "He said he feels nothing for me. What was worse was him telling me he loves me like his brother."

"Oh my God," Lawrence gasped, shaking his head. "What? Did he really say that? That's not good. I am really sorry. But do you know who this man is?"

"No!" He shook his head. "He refuses to tell me the name. He said that the issue was complicated."

"Oh!" He rubbed on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. "I am deeply sorry about that. Please, don't let this issue bother you."

Carter looked at Lawrence and shook his head. He was really, really hurt but Lawrence was absolutely right. It was not worth thinking about. He still loved Christian but nothing was gonna ruin the friendship that he had with him. At least, Christian had told him he loved him.

"I just need to work." He sighed. "Crying won't solve my problems. I have to go back because..."

"Wait!" Lawrence gasped. "You told me that Christian and La don know each other right?"

"Yes!" Carter raised his eyebrows. "Why? Is there any problem?"

"No!" Lawrence shook his head. "What if the man Christian is in love with is La don? Have you thought about that?"

"La don!" Carter gasped. "That's impossible. La don can't..."

"Why not?" He shrugged. "If you are working at La don's then that means you are working at your rival's company."

"Don't be ridiculous." Carter chuckled in tease. "Come on. Christian never mentioned Miguel's name." It was the first time Carter used his name. "He never showed up at the hospital because I talked to him personally today and when I informed him about Christian, he told me he hasn't visited him. He is a really busy man. Besides, do you think he would fall for someone like Christian?" he frowned. "They are from different social standards. I know how these powerful men are. It's impossible."

Lawrence laughed when he heard Carter's statement. "I am telling you that if Christian liked a man like Miguel then nothing anyone would say could deter him from acting on his impulses, not even Miguel himself. You might have had to mature very young but you are still very naïve when it comes to men."

"I know men." Carter said in defense. "But Christian is different. He is not in love with La don. It is someone else."

"Okay." Lawrence sighed. "Let's just drop this issue. We still have things to do."

Carter and Lawrence got up and then went on their way. But even though Carter might have been looking confident he was really worried and scared.

***

Carter and Lawrence had arrived at the Powers Company. They were busy looking around and things were going wonderfully. It was another day but Carter was still thinking about what Christian had told him the other day. In fact, he still had a frown on his face.

Lawrence slowly moved towards Carter. "That frown will only scare customers away." He said softly. "You should at least try to smile."

"I think we look hideous." Carter gave a deep sigh, looking at his outfit. It was an ordinary black skinny jean and brown t-shirt which he was sure wasn't that good. "You should have let us wear uniforms instead of this. I told you that didn't I?"

Lawrence laughed, looking at Carter. "No matter what we wear, we would look hideous standing next to those classy men and women."

Carter sighed and then the both of them went to the reception together with their stuff. Carter knew he had to improve his mood or things weren't gonna be good for him. When they reached the reception, Carter gave his name and the receptionist allowed them inside.

Carter and Lawrence started with selling their food inside. They were selling really well and people really loved every food that they were selling. Everything was going perfectly until... suddenly the receptionist receive a call that La don was on his way up.

Everyone started moving back to their places and someone started spraying air freshness in the entire room and Carter couldn't understand why. He was just a little pissed when that idiot sprayed it on him and told him nothing was to smell.

It wasn't long before Miguel made his grand entrance into the building, looking all hot and sexy. He was wearing a beautiful dark green designer's shirt which was tucked in a dark blue designer's trouser. His hair was curled and then let loose. He was looking really sexy and just amazing to everyone that saw him. He was looking like a beauty god because he was definitely beautiful.

His shirt was halfway buttoned up and he had really expensive jewelry on him. He was putting on black glasses which made him look really handsome and that beautiful long designer's coat completed his look. He was just too hot to ignore.

Both Carter and Lawrence were awestruck. They looked really shocked but through their expressions everyone could see that they truly admired La don. He was definitely their idol.

Miguel quickly started heading to his office when...

"Don!" He heard a familiar voice behind him.

He took a sigh and then made a quick turn to find the shocked looking Carter, probably admiring him. He chuckled softly, shaking his head. He had no idea why Carter made him feel a little happy. There was something about him.

"You..." He pointed at Carter. "Follow me." Then he started walking towards his office.

Carter didn't need to be told twice. He just looked at Lawrence and then found himself following Miguel behind. He was looking all around. Everything he laid his eyes on looked classy and really expensive. He was starting to wonder just how rich Miguel was. By what he had heard, Miguel was really young and he had just come to the country.

Anyway, Carter followed Miguel to the office and boy, it was a really big and beautiful office. Carter couldn't help but look around. But something was definitely bothering him and he wasn't just himself. He didn't know what to think anymore.

"How is Christian doing?" Miguel dropped his phones on the table and turned to face Carter. "I hope everything is okay with him because I need to know."

Carter remained quiet after Miguel's question. He was just looking at him without any expression on his face, not even a smile. It was so not like him and he had idea why he couldn't just answer the poor guy. He was still thinking about Christian's answer the other day.

Miguel on the other hand got a little worried with Carter's silence. He wondered why he was quiet and why he was looking right at him like that. It somehow got him really worried.

"Carter, did something go wrong?" He sounded really worried. "Is Christian still okay?"

"Err... yeah," Carter gulped, trying to bring himself under control. "It's quite on the contrary. Christian is doing better than ever."

"That's good." Miguel smiled softly, dropping his hand to his hip. "Has anyone visited him and what happened?"

"Yes!" Carter sighed. "He told me that some people have visited him and asked about what had happened to him. But Christian probably told them what he had been telling everyone that he didn't see what had happened to him."

"Okay." Miguel dropped his hand as a smile appeared on his face. Hearing that Christian was doing okay was really relieving. It gave Miguel so much happiness. "I want you to keep updating me on Christian's recovery okay."

With a sigh, Miguel started walking to his table but when he made a quick turn, he found Carter still in the room and he was still not looking like himself.

"What do you still want?" Miguel asked, rolling his eyes. "Look! If this has something to do with selling your stuff, I don't have time for that. I am a really busy man."

"No!" he slowly started walking confidently towards Miguel which surprised him so much. Carter just wanted to know the truth. He took a deep breath. "It's about Christian."

Miguel somehow got nervous when Carter told him that. He didn't know why he got nervous and he was dying to hear what Carter wanted to tell him. The man was not looking like himself but Miguel was willing to listen to him.

"Christian!" He gasped, slowly moving towards Carter. "What about Christian? Speak up!" He said in a commanding voice.

Carter nodded, trying to gather his courage. He was feeling really scared but he knew he wasn't gonna be at peace until he knew everything. He knew very well that Miguel was powerful but he was still gonna ask him anyway.

Carter took a deep breath and acted confident. "I know that you and Christian know each other. I also know that you probably knew each other recently and I have no idea what's going on." He gave a sigh of relief. "But what relationship is going on between you two that makes you so worried about Christian, uh?" Carter sounded a little mad.

To say Miguel was surprised would be a total understatement. He was mad... his heart started pounding and his body reacted too. He couldn't believe Carter had just asked him that stupid question. He was really mad and he didn't like it at all.

Miguel moved closer to Carter and looked right at him.

"How dare you?" He said harshly. "Who do you think you are to ask me questions about Christian and to make such dangerous assumptions?"

"Well! I was just... I didn't mean..."

"What did you expect me to do?" Miguel snapped, furiously removing the glasses. "Of course I am worried about him because he was hurt right in my construction site. If I am not worried about him then what else do you want me to do?" He shrugged. "If someone got some opportunity, I am sure that they might try to pin the blame on me." Miguel was definitely lying but he had no choice. Carter was just too nosy.

"What?" Carter now felt a little guilty for asking that. "Who would want to..."

"I have so many enemies who want to harm me."

Upon saying that, Miguel flashed back on the Antonio incident the previous night. He remembered exactly what had happened. He remembered how he had killed Antonio and how he enjoyed it too. His heart started pounding deep in his chest. His breaths became harsh and his body slightly trembled.

Miguel had never felt the way he felt. He had never killed anyone before so when he remembered it, he felt terrible. His body got really weak and his situation got out of hand. He felt weak in the knees and he slightly trembled.

He leaned on the table and tried to catch his breath. He was looking really weak but he was definitely fine.

Carter on the other hand felt really scared when he saw Miguel. He quickly rushed to him and slowly held his hand to give him support.

"Are you okay?" He asked abruptly. "You don't look so good. Can I call a doctor or any form of help."

"No!" Miguel shook his head. "I am okay. Just leave me alone. I am sure you have a lot of things to do."

"Are you sure?"

"Go!"

Carter slowly let go of Miguel's hand and quickly left. Miguel took his breath and then gathered his strength once again. He went to the bathroom to wash his face so that he could feel completely better.

***

Miguel was back in his office, busy signing some documents. It was already afternoon and he had just come from having a wonderful lunch. He was feeling well and his strength was back too. He had no idea why he had become weak after thinking about Antonio but he didn't want it to happen again. Never!

As Miguel was seated on his chair, he heard his phone ringing. He stopped what he was doing, picked his phone from the table and looked at the screen. His heart almost jumped out of his chest when he saw who it was that was calling. His hormones got out of control and his body shivered. Then a smile appeared on his face and he quickly answered the call.

"Yes!"

"It's me." Christian chuckled softly.

"Yes!" Miguel cleared his voice. "How are you feeling?"

Christian sighed but no way was he going to lose that smile on his face. "I am trying to survive." He said with passion in his voice. He was missing Miguel so much. "I am trying to survive in this bed when the only thing I want is to make love to you."

Miguel was definitely going insane. His body trembled in excitement and he had no idea why that had happened.

"I think you need to rest now." Miguel said in a really serious tone. He then took a deep sigh. "Your wound is making you insane."

Christian could notice the worry in Miguel's voice. He had never heard him sound like that before so it got him worried. He slowly raised his head as he lost the smile. If Miguel was not happy then he also had no reason to be.

"What's up?" Christian asked. "Why do you sound like that?"

"I am fine." He got up from his chair, slowly moving from his desk. "I am just having a really bad day. That's all."

"Really?" He chuckled nervously. "I think I can help you with that."

"What?" he gasped.

"Yes!" Christian was as nervous as hell. "I can calm you down by making love to you right at this moment."

"What?" To say Miguel was surprised would be an understatement.

"Wouldn't you like that, my man?"

"I am not your man." Miguel sounded a little mad. "I told you that I don't belong to anyone so stop with this no sense already. I am not in the mood."

"Yes!" he chuckled softly on the other end, moaning sensually. "You are mine."

Hearing what Christian had just said, Miguel burst into laughter. He had thought Christian was a serious man before but now he was thinking Christian was just a crazy man. He was insane and he was definitely funny.

"You should remember that you were almost at the point of dying, Christian." Miguel said softly. "Stop this craziness and..."

"I don't care." Christian said without any form of emotion in his voice. "I am ready to go to the end just for you my love."

Miguel was getting irritated with how Christian was talking to him. He didn't like it at all. He didn't want him talking like that because he was really scared with how everything was gonna turn out to be. It was scary. Besides, he still didn't know if Christian was to be trusted although his heart was telling him so. It was telling him to go on.

vanalas
vanalas
225 Followers