With Blood Ch. 01

Story Info
Boy meets girl. Girl is a vampire.
8.4k words
4.62
31.4k
41
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
musicankane
musicankane
1,033 Followers

Chapter 1

New Student

The day Elizabeth Annabel Worthington came into my life was the day I knew things for me would never be the same. Before Elizabeth (or Eliza as she preferred) my life was the normal boring drab you might expect from a eighteen year old normal guy. I was an average student, my friends were average students. I had a perfectly average life.

My name is Jason Stanson I live in a small county of Ventura, California which sat on the very northern tip of what could still be considered Los Angeles. I lived in a small house that sat just off the highway that led up to Lake Casitas. The house was tucked against the woodlands that began here and led up into Sequoia national forest much further northeast.

My father Sam, and I moved here about ten years ago just after my mother Emily passed away from breast cancer. I was only seven at the time and most of the things I know about her I had to learn second hand from my father. He started his own plumbing and carpentering business upon moving to Ventura and was well known by the locals. My father had always been good with his hands and was the only man I knew who enjoying working dirty. Personally I'll pass.

Ventura itself is a medium size town of at least 150,000. Yet despite the size it always had a kind of small town feel, everyone knew almost everyone. The town nestled against forest and led right out to the California coast, it added a diverse culture to the people here. One of my favorite things to do with my friends was to hang out down by the beach and watch the surf. I wasn't a surfer but my friends were, I usually just watched and waved at them when they caught a good swell.

Ventura High School held a whopping 689 students across five grades which meant a little over a hundred kids per grade and all of them spread out amongst themselves at lunch time. However the student body was still large enough that a new student wouldn't cause that much of a fuss, sometimes nobody even knew about a new kid until they showed up in class.

Eliza Worthington was not the case. She showed up on a Thursday which alone was odd, but the whole school was alive with chatter about this student. It was just two weeks before Christmas Vacation so she would be fresh for the second semester come January. Girls in the hall already talked about hating her for her looks. The jocks whispered about seeing the most beautiful girl they'd ever seen.

My best friend Tim Brand, we just called him TB to get a rise out of him, and I saw no sign of this girl except the impact and buzz she had started among the student body. That changed when we got to fifth period. Tim and I had the same math class for fifth period which we both hated equally. Not only was the class boring because our teacher looked a hundred years old but also acted like it, but he sat across the room from me so we couldn't even toss answers at each other or snicker behind the teachers back. Snickering was a past time of ours, like baseball.

Anyway I sat in class waiting for the bell to ring, doodling on a spare piece of notebook paper. I glanced up when the class suddenly went silent. There handing our teacher Mr. Hoover a registration note was the new girl, Elizabeth Worthington. My breath caught in my throat and I fought against myself to not stare but couldn't control myself. The entire class was doing the exact same thing.

When the murmurs in the hall said that this Elizabeth was gorgeous they had been grossly understated how truly magnificent she really looked. Her skin was a soft pale perfect, with a slight hint of rose in her cheeks. She had long wavy raven black hair that fell around her shoulders perfectly. Her body looked like it was carved from stone to be forever perfect, her every movement held an uncanny grace that only a ballet dance ever could hope to achieve. Yet her eyes are what called to me more than anything else, they were the most amazing color of brown I had ever seen. A brown that was almost a flat gold, they pulled me in like they fueled life itself.

I instantly was in love with her. I guess not true love, more like a crush, but still the fire for something more burned in my chest waiting for only a single spark of hope that she would acknowledge my existence to ignite it to a passion.

I watch as she got her slip signed by Mr. Hoover and tucked it into the pocket of the black book bag she had slung over her shoulder. She shifted the weight of the bag and straightened out the white blouse she was wearing. The color of her top brought out the rosy color in her cheeks even more, and her black skirt revealed flawless legs from blow mid-thigh.

Mr. Hoover pointed her to an empty seat and I inhaled sharply when I noticed it was right next to mine. I tried to watch her walk toward me without staring but I failed miserably. My eyes still hooked on hers as she walked down the row of seats toward her new desk. She held herself with confidence, seemingly unaware of all the eyes on her as she walked through the room.

Until her eyes met mine.

She stopped short when her gaze met mine and something crossed her thoughts that made my chest swell in happiness. I'm not sure if it was amazement or shock, but maybe it was a little of both, perhaps it was even interest. I had to force myself to look away, I didn't want to freak her out or appear like a tool bag. I poured fake interest in the chapter of the textbook we would be looking at today.

I remained aware of her gaze still on me as she slowly took her seat. It was a hard fight to not glance at her every five seconds throughout the class. I never concentrated on Mr. Hoovers lecture so hard in my life, but I did it. Elizabeth didn't seem to have that same fear of appearing foolish; I felt her eyes on me the entire lecture. Unsettling as it was, it didn't completely bother me. It built my confidence, I would ask to sit with her at lunch after this period ended and guessing by how she never took her eyes off me she had to be interested.

The bell finally rang and I turned to ask Elizabeth to hang out at lunch. When I turned in my seat to look at her, she was already gone. I looked around, catching a glimpse of her just as she left the room. How had she gotten there so fast? I frowned and stuffed my books into my backpack and left class.

Tim was waiting for me in the hall as usual with a dumb grin on his face. He fell into step beside me as we made our way to the cafeteria. The eleventh and twelfth grade students had a separate lunch period than the rest of the school to prevent over crowding at the lunch lines, so the halls weren't that crowded as we headed down to the lunch lines.

Tim was bursting with excitement. "Oh man. Can you believe her?" He asked me. "The hottest of all hotties in our class. I can't believe your luck, man. I mean she sits right next to you."

Tim was a great friend, the kind of guy that would always get your back no matter what the odds. He only had one flaw, a maturity of a ten year old, most of the time. Tim could be really deep and mature when he wanted too, but most of the time he was a joking big mouth that sometimes could rub you the wrong way if you didn't know him well enough. He was a tall guy, standing a good five inches over my five foot ten inch tall self. He had short dirty blonde hair that he kept spiked, and never wore anything other than surf T-shirts and blue jeans. Today his shirt was yellow with a picture of a large wave on it.

I shrugged. "I'm sure she'll enjoy being called a hottie." I said flatly.

"Of course." Tim said with a grin. "Chicks love compliments. Hey I saw her staring at you in class, did she talk to you at all?"

I shook my head. "She was staring at me?" I asked in ignorance.

"Yeah dude, I don't think she looked at the board once. I know these things, cause I was staring at her." He laughed and slapped me across my chest. "Hey you should ask her out tomorrow night. Take her to a movie or something like that. Bloodlust opens tomorrow."

I chuckled. "Yeah, right man like a horror flick would be a perfect first date."

"Of course man. It's so simple, look, you take her to a scary movie and she clings to you every time something scary happens." Tim explained.

I'll be honest, it did sound like a good idea. Bloodlust was supposed to be the scariest vampire flick in the last decade. I was always on the lookout for a good vampire film, or book. It was kind of my secret hobby I suppose. I kept it to myself though, not even Tim knew about my dirty little secret.

We got our food and headed to our usual table where our small niche of friends waited for us. Max Newton, sat on the left. Max was a very big, very round fellow who tended to be the most down to Earth guy in the group. Whenever we had a crazy idea or something dangerous, Max was always there to say "Don't be stupid." Despite his love of safety he never felt like a bummer to us. Left alone we'd probably all would have broken bones and a mental disorders by now. Like usual he wore a flannel button of shirt and large slacks.

Next to Max sat Stacy Wilson and her boyfriend Todd Carmander. Stacy was a petite little red head with a kind face and pretty freckles. She kept her hair curly and short, since I've known her I don't think I've seen her hair once fall past her chin. She was the best dresser of the group and as the only girl she should have been. Today she wore a casual pink dress and flip flops. It looked good on her, everything she wore looked good on her. I only dressed so I wouldn't come to school in the nude.

Todd was a short stocky guy with dark brown, almost black, hair. He kept his hair short and neatly trimmed mostly because Stacy would never let him go out looking like a circus clown, as she so called it. Todd was usually dressed by Stacy and as a result was the best looking out of us guys. He wore a dark grey button up shirt and black khakis.

"Hey guys." Tim said cheerfully as he and I took our seats across from the rest of our group.

"Hi, Tim. Hi Jason." Stacy said. She always greeted us individually, she said it was a sign of respect and friendship.

I smiled but kept quiet as I sat down.

"Have you guys seen the new girl?" Todd asked us. "Oh my god, she's gorgeous." He winced as Stacy elbowed him. "Oww, but it's true."

Stacy smiled. "I know, I just wanted to keep your mind on me." She said cheerfully.

Tim nodded. "Yeah she's in our math class. You guys are never gonna guess who she as a crush on."

Max grunted. "Been in school less than a day and already infatuated with a jock. Typical."

Tim grinned. "Not exactly." He threw his arm around me. "She couldn't keep her eyes off this guy!" He cried excitedly.

Stacy's eyes went wide and Todd looked amazed. "Really?"

"Naw, he's exaggerating." I said simply.

Tim nudged me. "Look whatever man, she likes you. I was watching her the whole time in class." He said turned his attention to the cafeteria obviously looking for the subject of our conversation. "She didn't look away from you for a second, so don't give me that crap. There she is." He said pointed toward the back corner of the room.

We all looked over. Sure enough in the far corner of the room Elizabeth sat looking disappointed in the school food on her tray. She seemed uninterested and unconcerned with the looks people gave her as they walked by.

Tim elbowed me. "You need to go over there and talk to her." He told me. "Go ask her out to the movie."

Stacy ever the matchmaker agreed with him. "Yeah Jason you should. You two would make such a cute couple."

I shook my head. "No I can't, come on. What would I say to her?" I wanted more than anything to go over and talk to her, but at the same time I was scared of what she would say. What if Tim was wrong about why she stared at me? What if I smelled bad or something and she just wanted me to go away?

"Saying 'Hi, I'm Jason' would be a good start." Stacy said rolling her eyes. She kicked my shin under the table. "Just go talk to her."

I stood up. "Alright love connection. Take it easy I'm going." I got up and turned toward the table where Elizabeth sat. I took a deep breath and started toward her.

"Good luck." I heard Stacy say behind me.

My pulse began to race again the closer I got to her. She seemed to not notice me approaching, I watched as she continued to play with the stack of French fries on her tray. She had them stacked into a little house, obviously completely uninterested in eating them.

I figured I'd start with a joke. My sense of humor was my best quality I think. Maybe it was just annoying. Either way I was nervous, and I joke when I'm nervous.

"You know with a little ketchup you can almost hide the taste of the cardboard." I said with a smile.

She didn't answer me and I panicked. My heart thudded heavily in my chest and I noticed her tighten her grip on the plastic fork she was holding. Cleared my throat and forced another smile on my face.

"I'm Jason. You sit next to me in math." I said. "I know it's hard being new and all, so I was wondering if you would maybe like to go see a movie or something with me."

She was silent for a long time her hand crushing the plastic fork in her hand. "No." She hissed. "I can't."

I took a step back and my stomach lurched. She sounded angry and hurt, the feeling in my chest tightened when I thought that it was mostly likely because of me that she was so angry. Yet at the same time her voice, oh her voice was like music to my soul. In three words I learned that her voice could make my entire being sing with joy.

"Ok," I said roughly, trying to recover from the shock her voice had hit me with. "I'm sorry. Uh, if you change your mind, I sit right over there with my friends." I said jerking a thumb toward the table where we all typically sat.

She nodded only slightly and said nothing else.

My mood back at the table was empty. I suddenly had no care about anything, I wasn't hungry, I was empty. I grabbed my tray off the table without saying anything to my friends and stalked off.

"I guess that didn't go so well." Tim said to the others as I walked away.

I tossed my lunch in the trash and left the cafeteria as fast as I could force my legs to go without breaking into a run. I couldn't be in the same room with her, not right now. Even from the table my friends hung out at I could feel her pull. It was subtle but constant, like someone was gently tugging on the back of my shirt, not hard, but enough to always be on my mind.

I felt better when I got outside, the fresh ocean air and sun finally breaking through the mornings fog all helped calm me. I took a walk around the campus. Ventura High had a large wide open from campus, with an elegant fountain in the center. The found almost never worked but even dry it was still a nicely carved image of a man teaching a young student. The child on the fountain was facing the teacher and everyone assumed it was a little boy because he wore a baseball cap. This week the fountain was working properly and the small sound of running water echoed across the campus.

When the bell rang for sixth period I was myself again. The rest of the day seemed to drag and I found myself looking forward to the next day in math when I'd be able to apologize to Elizabeth for my behavior. I don't know what exactly I did wrong it just felt like it might be a way to make amends with her if I apologized.

That night my dad made Linguini and meatballs for dinner. I ate slowly, my stomach not feeling quite right yet. I cleaned my plate though and washed the dishes. I needed the extra task to keep my mind off of that girl. Every time I turned around though I could see her almost golden eyes staring back at me. If my dad noticed anything he thankfully kept quiet. We were both men and I was nearly eighteen, my birthday not even a month away, but even still it was hard to talk to each other about some things. If I was ill my father would be on top of it, but if it was something social that ate at me, he tended to let me be and get over it on my own. Tonight I honestly was glad he did that, I couldn't imagine having to tell him I fell for a girl at first sight and she seems to hate me.

I tossed and turned with a nightmare that night. I dreamt I was chasing someone, I couldn't see who. It was pitch black, only the occasional oil lamp hanging over the cobblestone street gave off any light at all. It didn't matter; I could see my prey as clearly as if it were high noon. The buildings around me as I pursued where old, centuries old it seemed the street beneath my feet an old cobblestone. I turned a corner to come upon my prey stuck at the end of an alley with nowhere to hide. The fear on her face excited me, the panic made her blood race and my desire boil over. She was wearing a dress that had to have been from the 1800's, her corset restricting her breathing and stifling her rising hysteria. I came upon her, slowly. She had nowhere to run so there was no reason for me to rush things. Even if she screamed it would not make a difference, I would have her anyway. In front of her now, I could smell her breath; feel the terror pouring from her bright golden eyes. I licked my lips and a single name came out of me in a breath. "Elizabeth."

I gasped and jerked awake. My breathing came in heavy gasps as it took a moment for the dream to fade away. When it didn't linger in my mind I let out a sigh of relief. I rolled out of bed a sweaty mess and yanked my towel of my desk chair before heading to the bathroom.

After my morning routine I felt better. The nightmare long forgotten and washed away in the warm water of the shower, cleansed by my body soap. My mind began to plan out my day, or more specifically, how I would confront Elizabeth today to make my amends. I decided I would grabbed her attention right before class got out to make sure she didn't dart out the door as quickly as she did yesterday. At lunch I would have the time to tell her how sorry I was and how I hoped that we could still be friends.

The day started slow, my clunking old blue pick-up truck was a hand-me-down from my dad and always had trouble making up the hill to the student parking lot. He had gotten a big diesel pick up to help his expanding business. As a birthday present he gave me his old truck. I was just thankful I had a car to drive. It was like an escape pod, I could leave whenever I wanted and my dad never gave me grief about when I needed to be home. I guess so long as I didn't come home drunk or high he was happy and willing to trust me with whatever I was doing.

By the time fifth period rolled around I was a wreck. My knees wouldn't stop bouncing as I sat in my seat staring at the door. I felt a rush of disappointment for every person that walked in who wasn't Elizabeth. The bell rang and still I watched the door.

Elizabeth never showed.

I felt defeated and I put my head down on my desk, only to get a swift bark from Mr. Hoover to wake up and pay attention. I woke up as he commanded, but didn't pay attention. My mind was someplace else, thinking of a new way to get back in Elizabeth's good graces, if I had ever been there in the first place.

The bell rang and Tim met me in the hall. His T-shirt was bright green today, and had the same logo on it that his yellow one had from yesterday. I figured his must buy them in variety packs.

"Who the hell misses the second day of school?" He demanded in my ear. Clearly he was just as aware as I was of Elizabeth's disappearance. "It doesn't make any sense to me." He muttered when I didn't reply.

Our friends greeted up at our usual table. Stacy frowned at me and reached across the table to pat my hand. "Hey Jason, how are you holding up?" She asked me, like a sister full of concern. Stacy and I had a bond like family. I imagine if things had only got slightly different for us it would be me instead of Todd who kept his arm around her. From early on in our relationship though we became more like family than friends and it worked out for us.

musicankane
musicankane
1,033 Followers