Within Pt. 05

Story Info
Freedom, a summons and a homecoming.
8.9k words
4.89
4.8k
12

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/16/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Isabelle had learned about sex like any other teen aged girl who believed she was in love with her first high school boyfriend. Hurried, hushed, and very awkwardly in the back of his car. Things improved in college with new boyfriends and new loves. Not quite so hurried but still a bit hushed, at times still a bit awkward. A person doesn't have a whole lot of privacy in a dorm.

In her third year she'd met John and her sexual education got an upgrade. Gone were the playful gropings in stolen moments of quiet on the busy dorm floor.

John came from money so he hadn't been confined to a small room on campus. Instead his parents had paid for a two bedroom apartment a few blocks away. Far enough away that he could escape campus life but close enough that he could remain connected if he chose to.

The two of them had spent months in that well appointed corner suite, wrapped up in each other, slowly broadening their knowledge of each other's bodies. John couldn't believe his luck and had told her so often. She would laugh and tell him he was exaggerating though she knew why he would say things like that.

She had been one of those girls a person would expect to find on the arm of any one of the popular guys in school. She definitely had the looks the jocks seemed to like, tall, athletic, and leggy. She was beautiful in a conventional sense with big blue eyes that studied everything around her thoughtfully.

With his less conventional, if Isabelle was completely honest rather nerdy, looks they had been an unusual pair. But she had adored the way his curly chocolaty brown hair framed his face when he leaned over her. How his warm brown eyes lit up behind his glasses whenever he looked at her, and how his lips curved in a sweet smile just for her when they woke up together.

It hadn't mattered to her that he was only an inch taller than her or that he couldn't pick her up and throw her over his shoulder like a caveman. It mattered that he talked to her like an intelligent human being, that he listened to her with all of his focus when she spoke. And that he'd loved her with all the devotion he'd had in his big romantic heart.

In so many ways they had been perfect for each other. When they came together intimately John had always been kind and attentive, sweet and gentle and Isabelle never doubted his passion for her. But their love making hadn't prepared her for what she experienced once Alasdair was freed.

Wild faerie sex had been amazing but faerie lovemaking was something else entirely. The first night had a surreal edge to it, like neither of them could believe that he was really free. The second night gave her a glimpse into the world romance authors had been writing about for years.

She was sure there wasn't any part of her body Alasdair hadn't kissed and caressed. She imagined, when she looked in the mirror, that she could see the imprint of his love on her skin. When he'd hovered over her belly and the tiny secret she was holding back she held her breath hoping he didn't have the same ability as his mother.

She might have changed her mind about waiting if she'd known that he'd been imagining how beautiful she would look with his child growing in her. That, as his lips trailed across her skin, he'd whispered a prayer to the stars for that day to come soon.

But she didn't change her mind. Instead she waited for the proverbial other shoe to drop. His summons would come, soon if her instincts were correct, and there was nothing they could do to avoid it.

She could feel it bearing down on them just as clearly as she could feel the feathers tickling her cheek on the third morning after Alasdair had been freed. Her hand swiped at them and she settled into the pillow a little deeper. The feathers did it again, her eyes opened slightly. Alasdair was watching her in the dim predawn light, with a smile on his perfect lips.

"Good morning lass." His wing slid down, wrapping around her side.

"Good morning dream faerie," she mumbled. With a little sigh she turned to snuggle against his chest, smiling as his arm slid around her hip pulling her even closer. "Why are we up so early?"

"The sun is coming up." He pressed his lips against her forehead.

"And you want to watch the sunrise."

"And then come back to bed with you."

"We can't spend the entire morning in bed today. I have to go in to work." He sighed heavily. "Don't be like that. I feel bad enough for lying to Bernie yesterday. Besides, if I call in sick again he'll know something is up."

"I know," he said softly. His hand slid down to cup her butt and pull her against his hardness.

"You know, there will be another sunrise tomorrow." She looked up at him with a smile. His leg pushed between hers as he rolled her onto her back with a sexy little growl.

The sun rose over the sleepy little county without being observed by the lovers that morning.

*********************************

"Hi Bernie." Isabelle set the to go cup down on the counter next to him and leaned over his shoulder to peek at what he was reading.

"Good afternoon dear." He didn't look up from the book in front of him.

"Is that German?"

"Hmmm?"

"The book, is it in German?"

"Ah yes, it is." He straightened and looked at her over his glasses. "You look like you're feeling better."

"I just needed some rest." She turned and tossed her purse onto a shelf under the till.

"I imagine that will start happening more frequently now." He glanced at her midsection pointedly.

"I guess I've been lucky so far, just a bit of fatigue. Although my appetite has been through the damn roof lately."

Bernie chuckled. "I've been told that can happen. The morning sickness waits till just before the quickening."

"The quickening?"

"When the baby starts moving around." She put her hand on her belly. "That's also when the baby bonds with its parents."

"Now I'm confused. I thought that happened after the baby is born."

"In humans perhaps but that's not a human in there." He patted her arm. "Faerie are a little different."

"You mean magical."

"Indeed. My father told me it was quite a surprise. He knew he was going to have a son with wings but he didn't think about the magic." She smiled for a moment.

"When does the quickening usually happen?"

"I believe the third month if memory serves."

Isabelle did a quick calculation in her head.

"How far along are you?"

She looked up at him with a little frown. "About six weeks if what the doctor figures is right. I have an ultrasound booked next week so we'll get a better idea." She picked up her own to go cup and sipped the fragrant tea. "That reminds me. Do you know when the wings develop?"

"Not for a few years so you have nothing to worry about."

"Years?" She sputtered. "How long am I going to be pregnant?"

He laughed at the stricken look on her face. "About the same as with a fully human baby. I meant the baby's wings will develop a few years after she's born. Mine grew out when I was five." His shoulders twitched under his sport coat. "I was a late bloomer."

The bell over the door rang ending Isabelle's questions. In walked a be-speckled gray haired woman.

"Hello Mrs. Fulton." Isabelle called to her.

"Hello Isabelle." She smiled at Bernie. "Mr. Davis."

"I told you Margret."

Isabelle stifled a giggle as the older woman's cheeks turned pink under the large frames of her glasses.

"Yes you did, Bernie."

He leaned against the counter. "How are the grand kids? Excited for their visit next week?"

"Oh yes. Well Jason is anyway. Melissa is getting to that age where visiting your grandma isn't fun anymore."

"She'll come around eventually. Don't you think Isabelle?"

Isabelle rolled her eyes before turning back. It was easy to see he was trying to use her as a buffer. "Of course she will. Hopefully she doesn't drive you crazy before she does." Isabelle tilted her head and gave the older woman a sympathetic look. Bernie slipped behind Isabelle reaching for a book on the lowest shelf of the bookcase across from the till.

"This came in for you last week." He looked at the cover. "I haven't heard much about this one. Is it supposed to be good?" Isabelle caught a look at it and swallowed a laugh. It was just a glance but she was sure she'd seen a gray tie displayed predominantly.

"I haven't read it myself but I have a feeling it's not really up your alley Bernie." Isabelle patted his shoulder and gave Mrs. Fulton a quick wink. The older woman nodded back while her cheeks turned a deeper pink.

"Oh. Well I'll just take your word for it," he said with a confused look. Under the register Isabelle's phone rang out, the chimes muffled by the leather of her purse.

She grabbed for it, saw her home number on the display and mouthed, "I should take this." She turned from the pair at the counter and walked to the back of the store, hitting the answer button quickly. She'd shown Alasdair how to use the land line before she left, in case he needed anything. "Hello?"

"Lass," He sounded a bit flustered. "I've forgotten how to work that machine."

"Which one?"

"The one that heats up food." She walked him through which buttons to press on the microwave to heat up a plateful of chicken. "Thank you. Perhaps I should write this down."

"It'll just take a little time." She smiled and peeked around the shelf she was standing behind. She couldn't see Bernie at the counter. "Is it working for you?"

"Yes, everything is spinning around the way it should." She could hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay good. Well, call me if you need anything."

"Thank you lass." The line disconnected.

"Note to self, teach the faerie how to say goodbye before hanging up the phone." She hit the end call button, then turned and almost ran into Bernie.

"Who was that?" he asked casually.

Well that secret lasted all of two damn days.

"No one," she said as she slid the phone into the back pocket of her jeans.

"Such an odd comment to make." His eyes narrowed. "What does that mean? 'Teach the faerie to say good bye before hanging up'."

She looked down at the floor for a moment. "I'm sorry." Her head lifted as he stepped closer.

"Is he free?" Bernie whispered. She nodded. "When? How?" He grabbed her hands. "How did you do it?"

"It wasn't me. It was her." She glanced down at her stomach.

"The baby?"

She smiled and nodded again. "You guessed wrong. It wasn't the two of us falling in love. It was the baby."

He pulled her into his arms. "But you did it." He took a breath and pulled back to look in her eyes. "The queen will be so happy. You've no idea how heartbroken she's been."

"Bernie wait!" She grabbed his arm as he turned to go to the back office. "You can't tell her yet."

"What? I have to, she's my queen."

"He just wants a few days. After everything he's been through can't we give him that much?"

The older man looked at her for a moment, took a breath and then nodded. "I can't lie to her though. If she asks me I will have to tell her."

"I understand."

"And I want to see him." He smiled. "I've waited hundreds of years for this, I need to see him with my own eyes."

"I'll have to ask him but I can't see why he'd refuse." She walked back to the front of the store.

*****************

Four hours later she walked through the front door, was promptly lifted off her feet and kissed soundly by the faerie waiting just inside the entryway.

"That's one hell of a welcome home," she murmured as he set her on her feet several minutes later. He answered with another kiss that left her clinging to him breathlessly.

"Work went well?" he asked softly.

"About that." She gave her head a little shake to clear it. "Bernie overhead our phone call." He groaned softly. "I had to tell him."

"It's alright. It was going to happen at some point."

"True. I'd just hoped we'd have more time." She slid her arms around his waist. "He agreed to keep it to himself for a few more days unless the queen asks him point blank."

"I wouldn't ask him to lie to her. Stars, even I wouldn't lie to her." He chuckled.

"But he wants to see you. Would that be okay?"

He was quiet for a few moments. Isabelle waited silently.

"I suppose it will be agreeable."

"I'll text him but knowing him he'll want to come by tonight." She felt him nod. "You might want to put something more than just jeans on." She turned her head to plant a kiss on the hallow at the base of his neck. "I'll fix dinner for us if you're hungry?"

"That would be good." She released him to he could go upstairs and get dressed. After fishing her phone out of her purse she texted Bernie to let him know he could stop by.

That's great. I'll see you in a little while. He replied quickly.

She went to the kitchen to make some pasta, the one thing she was actually proficient at, and set the table.

"Is this better?" She turned from pulling a box of pasta out of the cupboard and almost dropped it. Alasdair had donned a bright blue button down shirt she had modified for him, slits cut into the back that allowed his wings to remain free with leather laces running through little holes she'd added to pull the material back together. He'd used one of her hair ties to pull his hair back from his face in a low pony tail. "Isabelle?"

She blinked a couple of times, searching for her voice. "You just look—" She squeezed the box that she'd caught against her chest. He smiled and walked closer.

"I look?" He prompted.

"Like you just stepped off the cover of a romance novel." She finished in a rush.

"I should assume that's a good thing?" He was clearly teasing her.

"Very good." She nodded tilting her head to look up at him as he moved closer. He leaned down to kiss her softly.

"Thank you." He looked at the box clutched in her hands. "What is that?"

"Pasta." She grinned up him. "One of the very few things I can cook without an instruction manual."

He moved around the island to take a seat on one of the stools and watch her. Since he'd been released watching Isabelle had become his favorite past time. Not only was he learning about her world but he was studying her. They'd gotten to know each other quite well over the preceding months but he knew there was so much more to her.

"So what did you do today?" she asked.

"I finished watching that documentary and read a little more of that book. You're right, he was quite a story teller." He watched closely as her shoulders pulled up towards her ears slightly.

The previous day he'd asked if he could read one of John's books. She only hesitated for a moment before she agreed and suggested he start with the one about elves. He could tell by the way she'd waited till he mentioned how much he liked the story before visibly relaxing. He wasn't sure if it was her grief or her pride or a mixture of both that caused her to react that way but he'd learned that she was protective of the people she cared about. Always a good quality to have in a lover.

"I'm glad you like it. It's my favorite." She looked after her shoulder to smile at him. He watched with a grin as she slapped the bottom of a jar with the heel of her hand and then opened it with a loud pop. She noticed the look on his face after pouring the rich red sauce into a smaller pot and carrying the jar to the sink. "What?"

"You seem quite skilled at that."

"I would hope so, I practically lived on this stuff while I was in college," she said with a small shrug. The doorbell rang before she could say anything more. "That's Bernie. I'll be back in a minute." She hurried to the front door and swung it open with a smile. "That was quick. Were you down the road waiting?"

"No dear. But I may have gone a bit over the speed limit." The older man planted a kiss on her cheek as he entered. She turned just as Alasdair entered the entryway and watched wide eyed as Bernie stepped towards him, dropped to one knee, and bowed his head. "Your highness," he said quietly. Isabelle caught the look Alasdair tossed at her and laughed.

"I think I've spent more than enough time on my knees for you." She crossed her arms under her breasts. Alasdair looked at those lovely mounds with a leer and winked at her. Bernie choked back a laugh. Alasdair's gaze shifted down to the half breed.

"Isabelle tells me you had a hand in setting me free," he said.

"A small part yes," Bernie answered.

"We're not at court."

"Ah yes." Bernie lifted his head to smile up at his prince and stood slowly.

"I know you." Alasdair stepped closer, studying the older faerie.

"We have met but it was long ago."

"You had entered into the service of the queen's personal guard before I left the realm."

"I'm a little surprised you would remember me."

"You seemed ambitious. Roldan mentioned your skill with a blade several times."

"It was kind of him to notice." The older faerie said with obvious pleasure.

"You were part of her guard?" Isabelle asked in wonder.

Bernie smiled. "I was. Until she asked me to locate the book. It's easier for a half-ling to hide amongst humans."

"Smaller wings." Alasdair said to her.

"Makes sense. I doubt you can hide yours under a jacket," she said quietly ignoring the little twinge in her stomach. The faeries followed her into the kitchen when she rushed off to rescue the pot of pasta that was threatening to boil over. "This should be ready in a minute of you'd like to join us?" she asked after pulling the pot to the center of the stove.

After a quick look at Alasdair Bernie agreed. Isabelle finished preparing the pasta, sauce then brought the heaped up plates to the table. The two non humans were speaking quietly.

"My mother?" Alasdair asked.

"She is well." Bernie smiled. "If I can be frank for a moment?" Alasdair inclined his head. "She would be better if I could tell her you've been freed." Isabelle set the plate in front of Alasdair, he took her hand and kissed her knuckles gently. "I understand that you'd like a few days together but she has been missing her son for hundreds of years."

"Bernie." Isabelle set his plate down and put her hand on his shoulder. "I thought we'd agreed."

"I know dear but I don't know if I can face her knowing that I'm hiding this from her." He looked at Alasdair. The faerie nodded.

"It is a heavy burden." He took a bite, chewed thoughtfully and swallowed. "The next time she summons you, you may tell her." Isabelle sat down with a little sigh. "It will be alright lass." She reached out for his hand. He squeezed her fingers. "Now." He looked at Bernie. "What of my brother's?"

Isabelle listened with half an ear as Bernie described the notable accomplishments of Alasdair's siblings. The rest of her brain was busy trying to imagine how she was going to have to say goodbye to Alasdair.

"Dear." Bernie was looking at her. "You should eat something." She nodded and picked up her fork. He was right of course. The baby needed food. She managed to get a few bites down before giving up. She set her fork down and pushed her chair back.

"Excuse me." She stood and walked from the kitchen into the living room. Alasdair followed her after a minute. She was standing in the middle of the room, not sure what to do or where to go. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I just couldn't breathe." He pulled her into his arms and cupping the back of her head.

"It's alright lass."

"I don't want to keep you from your family, I promise."

"I know." He kissed her hair.

"And I feel awful for being so selfish."

"I'm honoured that you are behaving so out of character for me."

"You're teasing me."

"Not at all." He kissed her again. "Any man would be lucky to have you want to keep him for yourself." He squeezed her. "The stars have blessed me." She smiled.

"And now you're being overly dramatic." They stayed there for a few minutes then she eased herself out of his arms. "We should go finish dinner." He let her take his hand and lead him back to the kitchen.