Without You I Have Nothing Ch. 10

Story Info
The weekend away.
5.8k words
4.71
20.8k
4

Part 10 of the 32 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 11/02/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JAScooter
JAScooter
115 Followers

It was when the magic of the day was ending and they sat in Peter's car outside Jennifer's apartment that Peter put forward a suggestion hoping she would agree to his plans.

"Would you like a weekend away from the city say up in the mountains or a secret place? Pack a bag, just a few things." The words tumbled out. "That new car needs a long drive in the country to make that motor work. We'll head north where it's warmer and not so crowded."

Peter waited for an answer but there was none. "It'll do the car the world of good."

Slowly Jennifer shook her head.

"You really don't trust me, do you, Jennifer? After all this time, you still don't trust me so am I wasting my time loving you?" Peter looked surprised at his own vehemence as he walked around the car to assist Jennifer to her front door.

"On Friday, collect your car. I'll not annoy you anymore. I'll stay away. Why? Because again you have insulted me and frankly I don't like it.

"I have no idea what's in your pretty head but I sure don't like the lack of trust. Goodbye, Jennifer, I'll not worry you anymore. Find someone you can trust."

Peter turned and without looking back started towards the car. With squealing tires, he left.

The next morning Joe demanded to know what was wrong. "Yesterday you were all smiles and so happy but today, nobody dares look at you or they get their head ripped off. Peter, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. Just collect a car for pre-delivery from Jack next door. Put the best workers on it and you register it. The papers will be on the seat. I trust your driving. The others may flog it. It is for a special person who no longer wants me."

Quickly Peter turned away not wishing Joe to sense the true depth of his loss. The morning dragged and Peter stood in the doorway staring into space when a certain British Racing Green Mini made its way slowly past him into the furthest work bay.

Unable to cope, Peter wearily climbed the stairs and sat at the table, chin in hands staring at the blank wall.

The jangle of the phone startled him and Joe's animation alarmed Peter, "We've an irate new lady customer here, I've just sent her to you." Quickly, Joe hung up unwilling to listen to the explosion of Peter's colorful expletives.

Doing his best to hide his foul mood Peter opened the door in response to the timid knock.

"May I come in?" Jennifer look worried.

"Peter, sit down and listen to me please. You frighten me when you explode. You gave me no time to respond to your suggestion and it shocked me coming out of nowhere the way it did. I do trust you. I just had to decide what would happen if I... and you do rush me so."

"Jennifer, nothing will happen, nothing that you don't want to happen. I love you. Don't look so shaken, so surprised, I do love you and would do nothing intentionally to hurt you or to destroy any feelings you may have for me. I'm sorry for my impetuosity but I've had nothing to love in my whole life and my enthusiasm just carries me away.

"I speak without thinking. I've no ulterior motive in asking you away this weekend. I just thought it'd be a great opportunity for us to be together. That's all I could think about, believe me."

"Well..." Jennifer hesitated. "It sounds fun, but, Peter, please move slowly. You frighten me with your eagerness as though everything must happen yesterday. Please take our relationship slowly."

"Jennifer? Does this mean you'll come?" Peter couldn't believe her words.

Shyly, dropping her eyes, she whispered a faint, "Yes," before Peter swooped her up into his arms and kissed her until, breathless, she pushed herself free of him.

"Behave, Peter. You'd better wipe your face before leaving the office otherwise the workers may get the wrong impression. Could you drive me home as I have some packing to do tonight?"

There was a knock and Joe walked in, humming that Mozart tune. Peter noticed the lipstick on Joe's cheek and couldn't help himself.

"Joe, I've told you and told you, don't become familiar with our lady customers. I think you'd better get rid of that lipstick before your wife sees you."

"It was not my fault, boss. It's this impetuous young lady you brought here as a new customer. She demanded to see her car and when I showed it and explained what had been done and she saw her number plates on the front seat... well, the lipstick is the result."

"I'll speak to you later, Dad," Peter grinned, acknowledging Joe's age.

"If this young fellow of mine doesn't look after you and doesn't treat you with the utmost respect let me know. I have a big strap hanging behind the kitchen door." The reply was swift.

Jennifer hugged Joe, "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Now come on, Peter, take me home. I've such a lot to do."

Friday morning did not come quickly enough as Peter bounded to Jennifer's door to collect her luggage and to drive her to work. When it slowly began to open, Peter nearly tore it from its hinges.

"Steady on." Jennifer didn't struggle as Peter swept her up. "My dress is getting crushed and I have to be in court today."

"I'm so pleased to see you. You look beautiful. Here is something for your desk."

Thrusting a single red rose into her hand Peter wondered what she would think of his note. "Thank you for being you and a bigger thank you, for making me feel the way I do." He hoped she would understand.

"Oh, Peter, what a lovely rose and your note says so much. Thank you," Jennifer stood on tiptoe to lightly kiss him on the cheek. As Peter tried to grab her, she whirled away with a laugh, "Don't muck me up. I have to go to work. Come on."

At the workshop, during the afternoon Peter transferred two pieces of luggage to the Mini. As well, he loaded the CD player with music he had specially cut the previous night.

Even Joe noticed Peter's light heart. "You're in a good mood," he shouted across the noise. You've done nothing but whistle all day." At afternoon break, he continued his tease, "Is there something special in that tune?"

"Why?" The new apprentices were interested but too young to understand.

"Well..." Joe's chest swelled and he began singing the tune Peter had been whistling.

"You've a marvelous voice."

It became too much and Peter made it a duet.

The apprentice looked puzzled. "What's the song? I don't speak Italian."

Joe began to laugh and the wide grin showed what Peter had been thinking, "It's very rough English translation is 'Now my days of philandering are over.'

"Why are there two small suitcases in the boot, Peter?" His eyes twinkled. He knew, but as foreman, he wanted to tease the boss, "Off for the weekend with someone special, eh?"

Peter blushed furiously but his denials only brought more good-natured teasing. Not that Peter cared. He was too happy. Even the apprentice's comments when Peter appeared in a suit to ask Joe to lock up, did not break through his euphoria.

"My, you do look smart," Jennifer was surprised when he called at her office as she finished her day. "Those blue tones suit you. I feel under-dressed."

"You look beautiful," Peter's eyes glowed as he admitted, "I always have to choose carefully as you always look so attractive and tonight every man in town will envy me."

Jennifer took Peter's arm before asking, "Where's my car? I'm so excited. Take me there now, please Peter I can't wait any longer."

In the taxi, Jennifer was quiet. Another Jennifer was there and, when Peter tried to hold her hand, he knew by her stiffness, he was not doing the correct thing.

She waited until Peter unlocked the workshop before speaking, "I'm worried, Peter. Perhaps it's best if we don't go off tonight."

Putting his arm around her Peter dragged her against his shoulder, "For heaven's sake will you stop worrying? Stop talking and for once just relax with me. I promise you no funny business," and she looked up into his eyes. Peter grinned. "Come in and I'll explain."

Jennifer forgot her apprehension when she saw her car waiting under the spotlights on a red carpet with her own number plates. It seemed all ready to leave immediately. She inspected the car and tried to understand the care Joe had put into the pre-delivery.

'Just a little something for someone who makes the boss so happy' was his note on the front seat and as she turned the key, the sounds of 'Love Changes Everything' filled the car.

Her face lit up and she whirled about to give Peter a brief hug. "The car is more beautiful than I remember and it cost a lot more than I paid for it. I don't know how or why but I am grateful. How can I ever repay you?"

"Come upstairs and freshen up before we leave because I want you to understand something so this weekend will be perfect."

Reluctantly she followed. "So this is your hideaway. Bob was telling everybody what a sly fox you are."

She dropped her eyes demurely before shyly continuing, "But, I didn't believe him. Not everyone has a one track mind like him even if all his actions are in his mind. What worries me is how will I ever pay the bill?"

Peter pointed into the bedroom and she retreated until she backed against the door. "If I were Bob I'd leer and drool, dragging you onto the bed, demanding, come here and I'll show you."

Jennifer clenched her hands so tightly the knuckles turned white.

"But, I'm me. So relax, laugh and enjoy. There's no charge. How could I charge you? I care too much."

Slowly she sat, her body taut, studying Peter like a bird mesmerized by a cat, ready to fly to safety. Saying nothing and becoming even more strained, she didn't move as Peter dragged his chair opposite hers to take her hands. They were cold and trembling as though she was terrified.

"Look at me," demanded Peter.

She dropped her eyes embarrassed by the intensity of his words.

Just as he thought - Jennifer knew. Taking her chin in his hands, he tilted her head until he looked directly into her eyes. "I love you. God, how I love you." The words tumbled out.

Jennifer's eyes widened, her face relaxed and Peter felt as though a weight had fallen from his shoulders.

"I love you so much it hurts. This weekend I want to be special," he tried to drill the thoughts into her head.

Her face tightened in fright.

"No funny business. No sex - just us. I love you too much to risk losing whatever I've gained."

Her lips opened and she stared, not actually believing what she heard.

"I think I've won your friendship. I hope so - and I'm going to spend this weekend trying to build on that friendship. Now relax. I won't hurt you, not intentionally."

Her eyes softened as she smiled.

"You little fool. Let yourself go with me. I'm your slave. Jennifer I do love you so damn much." Peter paused to draw breath. Jennifer's hands were no longer frozen.

"I don't know how you feel about me and I'll not ask. If all I have is your friendship then I am a very rich man and I will be happy. More, I would not dare hope for."

Peter stood and her eyes followed him, "I've never used that word 'love' before meeting you. It sounds strange."

Before continuing, Peter held his lips to her hair, "No matter what the appearances are. Keep this in mind. I love you too much to risk losing you. The rules, as far as I'm concerned, are to look after you, keeping you safe and happy. I'll also try to make myself pleasant so you enjoy my company."

Motionless she sat staring at Peter and didn't flinch when he put his hand on her shoulder.

"There I go, talking too much as usual." Laughing, Peter tried to break the tension, "Think over what I've said. Then decide whether you want to come."

Nothing broke her stare into space.

She was a statue, so incredibly beautiful Peter wanted to stroke and kiss her. "I'm sorry if I upset you."

Peter couldn't guess what she was thinking.

Jennifer smiled, her trance broken, "I'm not upset. It was just a shock that's all. It'll take a while to sink in. I should apologize for being a fool but..."

"No excuses. Would you still like to come away for the weekend?" Peter held his breath, hoping.

"If not, we'll unpack the car. Any presents are exactly that - presents given from the heart. No strings attached." Again, he waited. There was nothing more he could say.

Jennifer looked up, smiling as if seeing Peter for the first time, "I'd love to come."

"Thank God, you didn't even add and no funny business," he whooped into the bedroom and produced an enormous bunch of blood red roses. "I forgot these."

"Peter you're a fool," she giggled and began burrowing into the roses. "Where's the card? Knowing you, there's sure to be one."

"No card with these, just my heart."

She must have expected more than Peter's light kiss on the cheek, as she seemed so surprised.

"The bathroom room's through there." Peter pointed into the bedroom. "I'll put these in water and we're off. Which way? North? South or West?"

"Bob was saying you've been driving trucks to Bathurst so that's where I want to go. I want to see the road you're driving as Bob said it'd be no picnic."

Peter directed Jennifer though the traffic until they were climbing the eastern escarpment of the Blue Mountains. It seemed no time at all when he directed her to pull into a small, romantic French Restaurant, which seemed to perch over the lights of Sydney.

The wine waiter paused for Peter's order. Disaster! He knew nothing of wine but, sensing his confusion, Jennifer ordered with a smile.

"I see that I'll have to teach you. However, do as I say. I don't want a drunk hanging all over me," she winked roguishly and Peter knew everything would go well.

The meal - or maybe it was only Jennifer's presence - was delightful in spite of the occasional warning, "Sip don't swig."

Talking was easy and she was no Ice Maiden. She sparkled and glittered and Peter basked in her warmth. Those green eyes changed tints and were alive with laughter.

The music - the love songs, the arias, even the marches - and the climate control all helped pass the time as the car dashed onwards,its lights stabbing into the darkness.

At one stage, the strains of the Olympic Anthem 'Ode to Joy' were in Peter's ears and his hand unconsciously strayed to Jennifer's knee where it kept a rhythmic beat. Peter was completely unaware of where it had wandered until her hand left the steering wheel to pat the errant hand, "You enjoy classical music, don't you? You're not even worried by my driving."

"This is an extremely dangerous road and your driving skill is incredibly good. You and the car are a good pair," Peter laughed.

"With practice you'll be able to take over from Bob. He's all start and stop. I'm forever fixing his clutch and brakes."

Peter didn't consider Jennifer would be frightened when he returned from the motel office with only one key. She said nothing but was white faced when he carried their luggage into the one room. Blinded by his happiness he didn't consider it strange she had not followed.

Still Jennifer sat in the car, staring ahead, her knuckles white as she clenched the steering wheel.

"Come on, Jennifer."

She didn't move.

"What's wrong?" Peter dragged her into the room where she turned her back to stare at the floor, her hair falling over her face.

"Peter, I believed in you and now..." She began to sob.

"What do you mean?" Peter looked perplexed. His mind was confused. Am I ever going to understand this woman?

"You said... You promised... Now I find what you had in mind," slowly she turned her face, looking miserable with tears streaming down her cheeks. "You're just a man. I should've known better. I really believed you are different."

Straightening her back she threw her head up aggressively and hands on hips challenged Peter glaring defiantly, "I'm a virgin and I intend remaining that way until I'm married. The only person I'll ever give my body to will be my husband."

Peter's arms encircled her as he sat on the bed with Jennifer sitting on his lap. Holding her as gently as he could, he tried to explain, "Jennifer, listen carefully."

She tried to stand but he wouldn't allow her to move.

"Please listen. Yes, I'm a man and proud of it. I'm no boy who would attack you, dragging you off to batter down your resistance. I'm a man. Hear me," tenderly he lifted her face to kiss her eyes - first one eyelid then the other.

"I didn't lie to you. I can't lie to you. You've jumped to a conclusion and you're wrong. This was the only room left and I intend sleeping in the car. My bag is here so I can have a shower that's all."

Desperately Peter tried to prove she was safe with him as he continued, "You're a virgin ... so what?"

Jennifer opened her eyes, the tears ceased.

"You intend giving your husband a priceless gift."

Then it was all too much for Peter and grinning he added, "I can wait."

He stared into her eyes as if trying to mesmerize her, "It'll be me sharing your marriage bed."

His kiss was passionate. He had warned her he intended being her husband. For the first time Peter's love, the strength of which he had denied himself flowed through his body with all the urgency he had, all this time, held in check.

Jennifer's mouth opened to accept his tongue, which lashed her inner softness into submission.

He bathed in the sweetness of her mouth and enjoyed the silken dueling with her tongue. Her breath held the promises of a summer ocean breeze but it only inflamed him even more and his arms tightened about her holding her tightly against his body.

Then the kissing changed and Jennifer seemed to sag. Her lips were so soft, her mouth was open but Peter's tongue didn't attempt to explore. He kissed her with lustful words whispered onto her lips, which he sucked as Jennifer in turn kissed him. When their tongues finally did touch, it was outside their mouths, licking each other's lips.

Peter sucked Jennifer's tongue into his mouth holding it there ever so briefly. Again, he was kissing her, their mouths open, exchanging lustful breaths back and forth.

Their tongues met in a playful dance, equally penetrating each other's mouth, not probing as a man's tongue intent on seduction always seem to do.

Jennifer's body hung against Peter's and her tongue tried to attack Peter's mouth as if trying to suck him deep inside her. Her eyelids fluttered, her eyes widened before closing and her arms crawled around Peter's neck. She answered Peter's feelings with her body, which returned his passion tenfold.

Peter was the first to break their embrace, "My God, Jennifer. Do that again and I'll be a gibbering idiot. They'll make me a doormat or something."

Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her against his body.

Although his renewed eagerness stunned Jennifer, she reacted quickly when his lips brushed hers in a sweet kiss that melted her resistance.

She tightened her arms around his neck and opened her mouth to accept his probing tongue. Peter deepened the kiss and her toes curled. She couldn't breathe and didn't want to. She only wanted to continue tasting his delicious kiss. Her body ground into his hardness and she melted completely.

'Oh, God, I want you.' Jennifer couldn't control her soft whimpers of pleasure.

Both bodies spoke and the conversation sent Peter's senses reeling.

Peter broke the embrace. "Now give me a pillow and I'm off."

"Off?" Jennifer seemed bewildered.

"You didn't hear what I said," he patted her shoulder. "This was the only room they had so I'll sleep in the car. Sleep tight." Peter kissed her cheek and left.

Hours later, a tap came at the frosty window. Peter's body was stiff and he decided that he would never get comfortable sleeping in this car.

"Come inside," Jennifer seemed ill at ease yet demanded that he follow her. Bashfully she closed the door behind him, "I don't want you to think the wrong thing but I couldn't sleep knowing you were out there in the car. You're so big and the Mini is so small. No funny business and you can sleep on top of the bed."

JAScooter
JAScooter
115 Followers
12