Without You I Have Nothing Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The surgeon's support was comforting and Peter was grateful for his support on this long journey.

****** Thursday

At 7.30 the next morning, he rang Andrew from the truck stop closest to the farm. "I'll be there within the hour Andrew and will be driving in through the forest." Pausing, he listened to Andrew's loud complaints.

"Shut up Andrew and listen. I'm tired. Just shut the fuck up and listen." Peter paused as shouts came down the line. "Yes, I know it'll be a tight fit, but that's the road I'll use. I'll drop the passengers at the pigpens and they're yours to hold. Make certain four Ghurkhas are with you as I don't wish to chase escapees all over Victoria."

Losing patience at Andrew's interjections he rudely roared, "For God's sake, Andrew just listen! I'm not interested in your dad, your mum or you. This is my wife so we do as I say.

"No!" He almost screamed into the phone.

"Jennifer will not be in your home, not until she is checked for drugs, sexually transmitted diseases and certainly not until her body is restored.

"Look Andrew if you bloody argue I'll turn this fucking truck around now and drive back to Sydney and both Jennifer and I will disappear forever. Warn your parents I'm at the limit, the end of my tether, and will brook no arguments. I'll never risk my wife again. Is that understood?"

Obviously, Andrew was passing his terms to his parents, because there was a long pause.

"Is that understood?" Peter screamed into the phone repeating the question.

Andrew replied. "We'll carry out your wishes, Peter. Dad and I will be waiting on tractors. One of us will follow you and the other will be in front once you get to the forest in case you become stuck.

"For God's sake, take care as you've driven through the night and no matter what you assume, we all love you and Jennifer equally. Can I tell our people Jennifer is with you?"

"Yes but don't let them start celebrating yet. You've never seen a party until you've seen them let their hair down. See you soon"

The two tractors were waiting as promised. Slowly Eric led the way though the State forest while Andrew brought up the rear.

At the pigpens, they stopped and Eric stood his ground.

"Listen Peter, you are one hell of a good man but Jennifer is my daughter so I want to help you unload the human animals. Don't tell me you don't want me in trouble with the police, just don't go there. I'm going to help."

From the false tray under the steers, that bellowed and stamped their anger at being on the trailer, the three men dragged the criminals wrapped in carpet. Every one of the prisoners, soaked in urine and covered in manure, had regained consciousness. They didn't smell, they stank and Andrew led them one at a time to a small tin shed.

Chained by the neck to the wall, the nurse and the Katoey fared no better than the others. When one of the guards begged for food and a drink, Andrew drove his foot into his groin.

"Shut the fuck up! That girl was my sister and did you feed her or treat her like a human being. Say anything and I'll kill you now."

Andrew reached under his shirt and unsheathed a khukuri, then dragged the razor sharp point down the man's shirt until a thin line of blood followed the tip.

Peter was astounded as he knew Ghurkhas don't give khukuris away except to those they admire.

Leaving the prisoners with four Ghurkha guards, Peter drove the truck to the cottage hospital, refusing to allow either of Jennifer's menfolk to see her. He knew how the shock would affect them but was forced to enlist Andrew's aid to get her out of the cabin.

The surgeon insisted they followed his directions so that Jennifer's body was not further traumatised.

"Jesus, oh Christ!" Andrew's words showed his revulsion. "Those bastards! What the fuck have they done to her?"

The vehemence and the anger brought his father from the other side of the truck. Eric didn't swear. He didn't show his anger. He dropped to his knees and wept.

The surgeon called the nurse and together they placed Jennifer on the hospital gurney. Only then did Andrew and his father realize the full extent of Jennifer's injuries.

Peter knelt beside the gurney and put his lips to Jennifer's hand as it hung low. "My love you are safe now and soon, very soon, we will be out riding on the farm."

Unable to add anything through his tears he allowed his passion to flow through his lips onto her fingers.

The surgeon assisted him to his feet and ushered him out of the room with Andrew and Eric. "We need to stabilise Jennifer in preparation for surgery tomorrow," he said.

They were standing, dazed on the verandah when the sudden scream of an engine under torment broke through their grief and a motor scooter skidded to a halt in front of them. Elizabeth had arrived and raced past them straight into the hospital. Before they could move, they heard her scream and immediately knew she had seen Jennifer.

Eric struggled to his feet and went to support his wife bringing her back outside to wait with them. White-faced, grim, shaking and sobbing, Elizabeth sat with them on the steps of the hospital awaiting the surgeon's verdict.

Hour after hour passed and none of the three seemed to notice that a guard was in position. They pecked at the food and sipped at the drinks that the nurse had brought them.

They said nothing just sat there and held each other, leaning against each other for support.

"Shit - the steers!" Peter remembered the load.

"The stockmen have looked after them and the guards have given some food and water to the prisoners," the RSM, who had been standing unnoticed with the guard, had a toothy grin. "We can't let anything happen to them before their judgement day."

It was dark and cold when the surgeon finally appeared.

"Jennifer's sleeping soundly and is in no distress now," he announced. "You can do nothing. You can achieve nothing by remaining here. Get a good night's sleep. We'll look after Jennifer."

Peter stood and marched straight past the surgeon into the ward. "Jennifer's my wife and here I stay. I won't be a nuisance but here I stay." His words were insistent.

The surgeon and the nurse left while Peter remained, kneeling on the floor with his head on Jennifer's pillow. If Jennifer made the slightest movement, he was instantly alert. When the nurse returned the next morning, he was awake still holding his beloved wife's hand.

12