Wolf and Pig

Story Info
A relaxing afternoon comes to a tragic end.
1.3k words
3
8.1k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,345 Followers

Andrew stretched out lazily on a grassy hill staring up at the beautiful blue sky. His eyes were focused entirely on a single wispy white cloud that seemed abnormally determined to get some place. Andrew wasn't sure why but he'd imagined it as a wolf and that bush up on the mountain was a fat little pig. As far away as it was that pig had to be a couple of trees instead of a bush. That didn't make it look any less like a fat pig waiting for the ravenous wolf to come and devour it.

He'd been laying in almost the exact same place for most of the last hour. He'd only moved twice that he could remember, the first time was because a ladybug had decided that the best path between where it was and where it wanted to be was Andrew's forehead, a mistake that earned it a quick flick. The other was when Barbara had spoken. What she said wasn't important. He'd forgotten what it was she said almost as soon as it left her lips but it had been enough to turn his head toward her.

When he'd been a kid Andrew had sometimes spent entire afternoons lying in the grass with his friends. They'd name the clouds or tell each other tales of heroes or their plans for the future or sometimes in complete silence though that was rare. It wasn't until he'd become an adult that Andrew realized that there was a pleasure in just enjoying someone's presence.

Being an adult unfortunately meant that the likelihood of him having an entire afternoon to simply kill was exceedingly rare. Today he'd gone through extraordinary lengths, his children were spending a day driving their grandparents insane, or being spoiled rotten by them. Either way didn't matter much to Andrew who wasn't due to see them until after the sun set. He'd left his smart phone in the car where even if they desperately needed him in the office they'd be shit out of luck. He wasn't even within sight of his car or anything particularly important aside from his wife.

If he'd bothered looking around he'd be able to see Lake Morgan, which was actually more of a manmade pond. They kept it stocked with blue gill, catfish and a few other random fish along with a small flock of ducks who were strangely silent. If he strained in the opposite direction he'd be able to see the parking past the line of pine trees but only if he strained and only if he took his eyes away from the ravenous wolf charging down fat pig up on the mountain.

Every fiber of his being was completely relaxed and at peace. He wasn't sure much longer he managed to stay like that but he regretted it. He noticed the end a few minutes before it came, it started as a tingle in his leg and it worked its way all his spine to his brain. With no other thoughts it festered there until it was ready to be birthed and Andrew sat up.

There was a man standing not ten feet away dressed in a bright red suit. He had shoulder length black braids adorned with blades, claws and fangs. His eyes were blue, not a natural color but a bright electric blue that crackled slightly. "Hello."

Andrew didn't know what to say so he remained silent staring at That Man while he continued to stare.

"Who's that?" Barbara asked sitting up to face the stranger."

"My names aren't important." The man said then bowed with a flourish. "What I do is."

Barbara inched towards her husband lacing her fingers into his. "Okay, that's a little creepy. We'll just be going." Without taking her eyes off That Man she whispered harshly to her husband. "Let's just get up and go."

Andrew nodded and slowly got to his feet pulling his wife up with him. "Well whatever is you do, I wish you the best."

"Don't run." That Man said as a smile crept across his face. The smile continued to spread until it looked like his skull would simply split in two like a man sized Pez dispenser. "I'm not here to hurt you."

Andrew tried to pull Barbara toward him but her feet were rooted to the earth completely unable to move. "Barbara! Barbara!"

"You're listening. Good. Now I want you both to understand, your children are very special. The Embodiment of Life and Death." That Man held up his hand. "I know, you have no idea what any of that means and you're not supposed to. What's important here is that you make a choice right here and right now. You're children are going to grow up orphans. There is nothing anybody can do to change that."

"What?!" Barbara and Andrew exclaimed simultaneously.

That Man stood silent for a moment. "You however do not have to die. You have this one chance to walk away.

"Walk away and what? Trust you?" Barbara snarled taking a step towards That Man. His eyes widened slightly. "Give up my babies?"

"What are you?" He whispered. Defiantly the woman took another step forward. "That's enough. Stop walking." Barbara sank into the ground nearly to her ankles but took another stop this time the ground shook beneath her thunderous step. "I said that's enough!" He barked and Barbara sank to her hands and knees.

"If you so much as think about my babies I will end you." Barbara snarled. Beneath her the ground was collapsing into a sink hole. Somehow she managed again to move forward. "Do you hear me?! I will fucking kill you!"

That Man was smiling again, his bright blue eyes positively dancing with delight. "I'm thinking of them right now. Of little Lance who'll grow into a man, well more of a monster really. He'll be able to kill anything, gods, angels, demons anything. Maybe even me and of Raina. She turns out to be such a whore. Can't keep her legs shut for anything and I mean anything." That man placed his hands behind his back and leaned over the deepening pit holding Barbara. "And you're doing what about it again? Oh, that's right. Shit all." He kicked a dirt clod and watched it roll down the hill bumping against her face.

"I said don't you dare!" A golden aura flared around Barbara and she leapt back to her feet. That Man only had enough time to gasp before she closed the distance between them and drove her fist into his jaw.

The impact lifted him up off his feet and sent him hurdling backwards end over end until a tree stopped him. The pine groaned from the impact and a moment later uprooted and fell. That man remained still for moment and then put his feet down, the rest of his body simply followed to the upright position. His jaw was clearly broken hanging at an unnatural angle and his right shoulder was dislocated. Somehow despite that he looked more pissed than hurt.

"Hun, let's get out of here." Andrew whispered gripping his wife's wrist in both hands and pulling. Just like before she was completely anchored to the spot. "Barbara!"

The mention of her name brought her down from whatever high had captured her and Andrew was able to pull her. He was practically dragging her like a kite the entire way back to the car where without thinking he dragged her into the car as he crawled across rather than get in from the drivers side. Tires screeched as he peeled rubber pulling out of the parking lot and then sped out into traffic.

They made it almost two blocks before running a red light and being slammed into from the side. The sedan flipped over four times before bursting into flames. Andrew was killed on impact but Barbara managed to pull herself from the wreckage.

"My babies!" She gasped sitting up. She was in a hospital bed, she recognized the boring white sheets and machines she was hooked up to. What she didn't recognize was anything else, especially not the puzzling three dimensional display hovering next to her bed.

November 8th, 2028.

Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,345 Followers