Wolf Man Ch. 08

Story Info
Kai makes a decision; Hannah doesn't like it.
3.4k words
4.7
61.1k
27
26

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 09/13/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(God I'm really sorry about the many mistakes on the last one, this time I printed it off and corrected as I went along so hopefully you won't have to deal with errors. Sorry it took so long to post it as well. Hope you guys find it's worth the wait, if not let me know anyway so I can improve the next one. AlicexXxx)

*

The bastard put pressure on the knife and Hannah was forced to step back into the room. Her voice had completely deserted her - although it wasn't like she needed it right then. Kai must've definitely heard what the guy had said.

Hazel eyes wide in shock, Hannah kept on backing into the room.

Without bothering to look behind him, Samuel - Hannah thought Kai had called him - followed her in and turned his face slightly. "I'll get Kai. Be ready." He called out to the mob outside.

Despite the fear coursing through her, Hannah still found it in her to arch a brow in obvious doubt. Was this guy cocky or what? Perhaps he'd lost the memory of when Kai had beaten him to a pulp, or in his case, a tree.

As she thought this, those cold eyes refocused on her and a disgusting lecherous smile appeared on his handsome face.

"You should have taken me up on my offer human." He said softly, eyes travelling the length of her body.

Bile rose in her throat and Hannah made a grimace of distaste. "What? And become a dog like you? No thank you."

He gave a disdainful snort. "Baby, we're wolves, not dogs."

Hannah smiled sweetly at him. "No baby, you're a dog. Kai," she stressed the name and smirked, "is a wolf."

Luminous eyes narrowed and the point of the knife almost broke past the thin barrier of skin. Her lips parted in a small gasp of pain. Why couldn't she keep her mouth shut? It was simple, all she had to do was not speak.

"Great," the bored tone came from behind her, " just when me and my woman were beginning to enjoy ourselves, you guys have to show up."

Hannah heard Kai's steps come closer and seconds later his arm was curving around her waist. His hair brushed her cheek and she felt his lips brush her temple.

"Now why don't you move that very sharp toy from my mate's throat, before I kill you hmm?" The suggestion was spoken casually. A soft non-threatening tone. Of course, Hannah knew by the tension in him that he meant every word he said. Kai was just waiting for an invitation to kill the idiot.

"And why would I do that?" The idiot asked, sneering. The point of the knife pressed just that bit more painfully against her.

Hannah rolled her eyes and chanced turning her head ever so slightly towards Kai. "Didn't he hear the 'before I kill you' part?" she snorted. "Dog people just aren't very smart."

Hannah could practically see Kai's grin when she felt his body shudder against hers in suppressed laughter. "It's 'wolf' people baby." He corrected, his voice carrying an amused edge as he rubbed his cheek against the top of her head.

"Kai, just because you were born with the superior genes of the wolf, doesn't mean everyone else was blessed with the same fortune." She said innocently, adoring the look of disbelief on the lunatic's face. "Clearly, these simple minded people belong to the dog generation. Don't you agree?"

"Enough of this crap!!!" Samuel shouted all of a sudden, his face that had previously been the colour of Kai's had become a mottled red, making his eyes stand out more in their fury. "Get out Kai." He barked.

Around her, Kai's arm tightened almost imperceptibly, but despite that, his voice came out sounding extremely bored and aggravated. "Now why would I do that when I know you have an army of Hunters outside waiting to kill me?"

The prick had obviously gotten his good spirits back at the mention of the others who waited outside; ready to back him up. That nasty smile Hannah hated already, was on his heartless face.

"Now why would we do that without letting the Alpha see you first?" His eyes turned back to Hannah and he began tracing the knife over her skin lazily. "Because, if we did that, your death wouldn't be as slow and as painful as I'd like." Something ugly sparked in those eyes and he glanced up at Kai; his face a mask of undiluted hatred. "Most of the men outside respect you, you see, so they'd go easy on you and kill you quick."

Beside her, Kai grinned. "That's why you hate me so much isn't it? Because with you, they wouldn't care if you lived or died... which makes me wonder...why am I keeping you alive?"

Hannah didn't even see the movement. In the space of a second, Samuel the dog, was pinned to the wall, glowing eyes wide open in shock, Kai was blocking his body from her view. They were both still.

Then, Kai's arm drew back. The metal in his hand winked at her as it caught the light. Dark blood was dripping from the deadly blade. Samuel slumped. Then as Kai stepped back, he crumpled to the ground.

Hannah looked up at Kai, amazed. Then amazement turned to familiar irritation.

Her eyes narrowed and she planted her hands at her hips.

"I don't believe it! You could have taken him out the whole time and instead you let him keep that thing at my throat? What is wrong with you? Some mate you are. Honestly."

Kai turned and she fell quiet. There was a strange look on his face.

"What?" She asked warily.

"I'm going to have to go." He murmured, his eyes were looking down at the awful carpet and she felt apprehension invade every line of her body.

In a nervous gesture she tucked her hair behind her ear and licked her dry lips. "What do you mean you have to go? Go where?"

Blue eyes lifted and held her in a steady gaze. "With them."

Hannah's eyes widened. "With them?" She moved to his side, her hands reaching for his arms as the need to shake sense into him took over her. Not that she had the strength to do that. "Are you crazy? They'll kill you."

Kai lifted cool hands and framed her face, tipping it up to his, blue eyes as luminous as ever.

Hannah stared speechlessly at him, hazel eyes wide open. She sought for some sign of weakness in his decision, to see if she could change his mind... but all she saw on his face was absolute resolve.

To her shock and embarrassment, moisture flooded her eyes and she pulled her face from his gentle hold to look away.

"You're an idiot." She said, her voice husky with the effort of holding back tears. "A suicidal idiot."

Kai wrapped his arms around her and drew her close, buried his face in her neck as her own arms locked around his waist. Her body shuddered against his and Hannah took in a deep steadying breath.

"I know." He murmured against her skin. "Hannah... once I leave, I want you to leave this place okay? Go back home. They might come after you if they find out that you're not human anymore."

Her arms tightened around him. "What about the wolf merging thing?"

"I grounded you when I mated you."

This time she couldn't bring herself to get angry. Instead she just gave a sad sigh. "Why do you never tell me these things?"

Kai gave a dry laugh. "Because."

"Because." She echoed.

"Promise me you'll do what I'm telling you to."

She pulled away and stepped back from him. Her hands lifted and buried themselves against the roots at the front of her head before turning away from him. "Why can't you j-just come with me?" She hiccupped. Damn it, she was going to cry.

Hands wrapped around her once more and drew her back against that toned body she'd gotten to know so well so quickly. "I can't."

Hannah ignored him. "I mean, do wolves usually abandon their mates so easily?"

"You know I wouldn't do that."

"I'm sorry, what are you doing then?" Something wet slid down her cheek and she wiped viciously at it.

"Don't cry." He whispered.

"How can I not cry Kai? You're leaving me to go with those people so that they can kill you for a crime that you did not commit. Should I be laughing? Is that what you'd like me to do?"

"No." He said quietly. His arms slid away from her waist. The heat and hardness of his body left hers.

Hannah shivered and wrapped her arms around herself.

"I have to go."

He was actually going to do with it. Her arms wrapped tighter around her middle and she bowed her head. He wasn't going to listen to any argument she might come up with.

"Hannah."

She felt his fingers brush her hair away from her neck. Warm breath fell on her skin and then, soft lips brushed her nape.

Steps moved away from her. The door opened...

Then shut quietly.

***

Hannah stuffed everything violently into her bag.

Her hands for some reason hadn't stopped trembling since he left, and her chest ached, making it a struggle for her to breathe. But she ignored all that. He'd told her to go hadn't he? Well, she was doing what he wanted. The bastard. The idiot.

Kai.

Her hands paused. Her whole body started shuddering as the first sob burst from her lips.

She was shocked, she hadn't cried like this since she'd been a kid.

Overwhelmed by it she sank to the floor, wrapping her arms around her legs and dropping her head onto her knees as she allowed the volatile emotions out.

She must've sat there on the ugly carpet for hours, crying until she finally began to calm down. And it was as then; as she reduced the sobs to hiccups that she heard it.

Steps on the hard wood floor outside, leading up to her and Kai's room. For a moment her heart skipped a beat and she half rose from the floor, thinking it was Kai who's managed to get away from the wolf creeps and come back to her. But then the clicking registered as did the walking pattern.

The person coming was not Kai. It was a woman and she was headed straight for their room. It had to be because they had picked the last room in that row.

Hannah glanced around the room, looking for something that she could use as a weapon. Kai wasn't going to be here to save her this time.

Her eyes landed on the lamp and Hannah jumped to her feet. Wiping the remaining tears from her face, she headed for the night stand. She yanked the plug out and then grabbed the stem of the lamp before hurrying to stand behind the door.

Then the weirdest thing happened.

Her body stilled instantly, her breath calming and her senses expanding. As if she were a predator awaiting its prey. Was it the wolf spirit?

A key turned in the lock.

Hannah didn't move an inch.

The door handle turned and the door opened slowly. A heavy scent of flowers drifted in. Definitely a woman, Hannah thought.

A head with long ginger hair poked in. Hannah didn't even hesitate. She brought the lamp down hard. The woman jerked and headed the floor.

Hannah moved fast and caught her before she could make noise, then with little difficulty, she dragged the groaning woman inside.

Laying her down gently on the floor, she rushed to close the door and then she turned, leaning on the door as she kept her eyes on the woman who lay groaning and moving aimlessly on the floor.

Her first thought was that she was a really beautiful woman. Her ginger hair was really long and fell all over the floor in great waves. Her skin was pale and on the bridge of her nose there were several freckles. She was so petite, she reminded Hannah of a pixie.

An idiot pixie, who had just walked into the wrong room.

"Who the hell are you?" She snarled and watched as the woman's eyes blinked open and she lowered her hands from her head. Her eyes were green. A vibrant green.

Currently those eyes widened in what seemed to Hannah to be shock.

"What?" Hannah snapped.

Clutching her head, the woman shot to her feet. The light caught on the pentagon at her throat and Hannah frowned. What the hell?

However it didn't take her that long to figure it out. This was the witch Kai had called because of the wolf spirit. What the hell was she doing here now?

"Y-you - you're still h-here?" She stammered, mouth flapping like a fish out of water.

"What? What are you talking about?" Hannah snapped.

"Why didn't they take you?"

As soon as the words left her mouth, the witch gasped and snapped her mouth shut.

Confusion was clear on Hannah's face as she stared at the obviously stupid woman before her. And Kai had wanted this person to make her okay? He was more of an idiot then she thought.

Wait a minute. How did she know the wolf people had been here? Hannah's hazel eyes sharpened and the confused look on her face faded as realisation hit her hard.

"It was you!" She hissed. "That's how they knew how to find us. You told them where we were!"

The woman backed up, hands up in an appeasing gesture. Her green eyes were darting around the room, clearly trying to find a way to get past her and escape.

Fuck this. Fuck Kai. There was no way she was just going to do what he wanted. She wasn't his little lap dog like he seemed to think.

With a snarl, Hannah took a threatening step forward. Something in her shifted and she felt her muscles tense.

"Where did they take him?"

"I d-d-don't know. I s-swear." The girl stammered.

"Liar."

Then the most disturbing thing happened. One second Hannah was lunging at the woman and the next she was standing over her cowering frame. The woman was clutching a bloody torn arm and tears were streaming down her face.

Hannah grimaced as she became aware of a metallic taste in her mouth. Her eyes widened. What had just happened?

The watery green eyes were big and fearful. The pink bud mouth was trembling as the pathetic witch tried to drag herself away.

"He mated you!" She whispered in shock. "How-how is it possible?" Her soft voice was filled with disbelief. "A new wolf can't shape shift until the third full moon."

Hannah stared. She touched a trembling hand to her lips and when it came away there were smudges of red on her fingers.

She'd shape shifted. Like Kai had on the first day they'd met.

Wow.

Then a grin curved her lips. It seemed like she and her wolf spirit were going to be getting along just fine from now on.

Focus Hannah, she snapped at herself. Hazel eyes refocused on the bloodied witch and her lip curled.

"Tell me where they took him," she said quietly, "or, I'll tear your throat out. You have five seconds to make your choice."

***

The witch did have some talents after all. She managed to cloak them both and they sneaked inside what looked like a settlement place in the middle of the dark forest.

There was a giant circle of pieces of wood that stretched way up high over their heads, then inside there were small hut-like houses all over the place, with fires burning here and there. Hannah felt as if she had just walked into the Dark Ages.

They moved behind a particularly big hut and suddenly, Hannah could see the witch again.

"This is it." The witch murmured. "We're here."

"Fine. Where would he be?" Hannah demanded, peeking around the wall to gauge the number of people around. There weren't that many. At least not as many as she'd been expecting.

"They must've locked him up for the retribution ceremony."

Hannah looked at her. "He told me about that. Where would they lock him up?"

"There is a small dome," the witch pointed, her arm heavily bandaged, "towards the back, he's most likely to be there."

Hannah's hazel eyes reflected the waning light as they narrowed. "You're not lying to me are you? Because if you are, I'll find you." Hannah paused for effect. "And I'll kill you."

The witch visibly swallowed before clearing her throat. "No. No I'm not."

Hannah gave one curt nod. Flicking another look around them and started to straighten when the witch caught her wrist.

"Wait."

"What?" Hannah turned back with a hiss.

"They'll still go after you even if you manage to get him out."

"What's your point?"

The witch shrugged and fell back on the floor. "Well, if you insist on going on a suicide mission let me give you some advice. Kill the Alpha."

"Why?"

"If Kai were to kill the Alpha then Kai would become the next Alpha, and if he's the Alpha - then no one can touch him. He becomes the ultimate hunter. Get it?"

Hannah watched her suspiciously. "Why are you helping me out now?"

She shrugged again. "I like Kai."

"Then why betray him?"

"Why else? Money. They offered me a lot of it. And I choose my skin over anyone else's any day."

Hannah arched a brow. "How's that working out for you?"

"At the moment, not very good." She actually sounded sheepish and Hannah found herself thinking that they would have gotten along in different circumstances - but as it was... she was the bitch who had sold them out.

Hannah looked at her for a moment.

"You better go, it's real quiet right now, but if you don't get a move on - they'll be onto you in a second." The witch pointed out.

Hannah sneered. "The way I'm feeling right now, those bastards better not come anywhere near me."

The witch smirked.

Hannah took in a deep breath, gave her a brief nod and then keeping a look out for anyone who might see her, she moved quickly, keeping to the shadows of the surrounding wood to make it even harder to spot her.

Her heart was beating something fierce and she could feel the adrenalin. But fear was just one step behind. She could feel it lurking deep down in the pit of her stomach. At any moment, someone could just look her way and make her out.

Hannah gave her head a brief and hard shake before pushing that daunting emotion as far back as she was able, then she sped up ever so slightly.

She must've been on the move for at least five minutes before she spotted what the witch had described. The dome. There were two openings that she could see. They seemed like windows, but they had no glass or anything else that served as a barrier for someone trying to get in through them.

Her heart beat increased and she felt a small drop of moisutre run down the line of her spine.

Before she changed her mind, she took a deep breath and started forward. Her body, she kept as close to the ground as she could.

And I told Kai he was suicidal, Hannah thought to herself. I'm as suicidal as he is, no wonder we're mates, she thought as she crawled closer to the window closest to her. But even though she made sure to keep to the shadows and floor, this area seemed like it was deserted, which was weird because Kai was quite smart. If she'd been in their position she would've made sure that someone was watching over him.

Idiots.

Hannah was only an inch or so away from the window when she heard it. A laugh.

A very sexy, very female laugh.

Instantly, the wolf presence inside her was on its feet and snarling. Gritting her teeth, Hannah tried to ignore it and slowly got up, her hands on the warm stone of the dome as she stretched herself on tip toe to look inside...and as she did, her breath wooshed out as if she had been punched in the stomach.

"Kai." She whispered.

To be continued...