Wolfblood: The Price of Loss Ch. 02

Story Info
She meets her mate and something unexpected happens.
8.2k words
4.73
27.8k
73

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 02/04/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Boobearer
Boobearer
185 Followers

Richard glanced at the text message for what must have been the hundredth time and frowned once more. The emotions it induced were not altogether the same and he found himself rather unsure of how to react.

"Come on Richard, we should be happy for her."

He stopped his pacing and turned to look at his mate, despite her words, he could see the same anxiety he felt mirrored in her face. She was a beautiful brunette, slender with brown eyes and had the most exquisite laughter he'd ever heard. Tall like the rest of her family, she stood at a cool six feet and he was only grateful he had 3 inches on her, though his unruly hair and full beard somehow made him seem much taller than he really was.

"I know Lyn, I know. I can't help but be worried however, this has never happened before. How can we be certain that it's real?" he responded, running a hand through his long locks in frustration. He felt a little guilty that when Valery had texted him that she'd found her mate, he hadn't jumped in joy but had stared at the phone in disbelief for a few moments before he had the mind to call her. Richard grimaced as he remembered the way he'd grilled her, his Beta instincts kicking in, wanting to find out the absolute truth. From the responses she'd given him however, it really did seem like she had indeed found her mate.

Valery had seemed panicked on the phone and he'd realized that his stern response was not helping, so he allowed her to go out for lunch with Nicholas and given her a few hours to calm down, promising her that they'd talk it over when she returned to the pack. What he'd failed to mention was that their 'talk' would involve the Alpha as well. This was a matter Jonathan needed to know about since it was happening in his pack.

Richard let out a groan in frustration, not really knowing how he was going to release the tension he felt and wishing he could go for a run. As if on cue however, Lyn got up, walking to him with a small smile playing at her lips.

"Do you need me to help you relax?"

He stopped his pacing and looked at her, his attention suddenly diverted by her husky tone and he groaned again at the sultry look in her eyes. His woman was certainly going to drive him to distraction and he was going to be led down that road willingly. Lyn's smile widened and that was all he needed to close the space between their two bodies, marking her with a searing kiss. Winding his fingers through her shoulder-length hair, he didn't let up and slipped his tongue into her mouth, the hot cavern opening willingly for him as he tasted her and felt himself begin to harden.

Lyn let out a small whimper as Richard completely dominated her with his kiss and her wolf growled in approval. He always managed to get her hot at ready within the shortest time possible and her hands went underneath his shirt, making him growl as they explored his torso. He never played fair however and he broke off the kiss, leaving her slightly breathless even as he kissed and nimbled his way across her cheeks and to her neck. Without warning, he sunk his teeth into the spot joining her neck to her right shoulder, where he'd placed his mating bite decades ago. She cried out as fire flooded her entire body, culminating at the core between her legs and making her much wetter than she'd been a few seconds back. Her legs gave way as he continued to play with his mark, not giving her any avenue for escape as the fire in her body pulsed again and again, straight to her womanhood, making her so turned on it became almost painful.

Richard lifted his mate and placed her on the long brown couch in their living room, her wanton moans filling him with a great need to be buried within her. He lay over her and she arched into him with a throaty moan and he resumed his place at her neck, knowing that she wouldn't need much more to send her over the edge. His heart pounded faster as he heard her breath hitch and her tone go several octaves higher, a sure sign that she was on the edge ready to be pushed over and fly. His wolf growled, ever so close to the surface and he bit into his mark again, piercing her skin this time as he drank some of her blood making his wolf howl in pleasure. His Lyn let out a keening cry as she climaxed and he drew his head back, watching her face twisted in pleasure and felt himself throb at the thought of exactly how she'd feel, her walls milking him as she came again and again.

She was his and he was hers to the very end. He leaned forward to capture her lips again but was stopped short with the knock on the door.

"Shit!" he let out in sudden anger, wondering who was stupid enough to interrupt his time with Lyn.

"Baby, it's Jonathan," Lyn let out a little breathlessly and he took in her flushed appearance, feeling a little panic flow down their mate bond from her. They'd completely forgotten about the meeting and he was now acutely aware of the scent of her arousal saturating the air.

"Let them in baby, and I'll go clean up," she said, trying to practically flee.

He held her in place however, not liking the idea of her being embarrassed about her arousal but she had been from a different pack before they mated and their rules had been different. Lyn's former pack were a conservative bunch and kept any sexual activity behind locked doors. As a sign of respect, they made sure the Alpha was never exposed to their sexual nature even after he'd found his mate and Richard had had a difficult time trying to convince Lyn to give into her more sensual urges after she'd transferred , but some habits just didn't get out of the system. Making her uncomfortable however, was the last thing he wanted and sighing in acquiescence, her let her go, smiling slightly at the way she practically tore up the stairs.

Getting off the couch, he went to open the door for his Alpha; Valery wasn't there yet and that was a good thing because some issues needed to be discussed first.

****

The sun was making a quick descent and Valery shifted uncomfortably in the car seat as she thought of the meeting they were headed to. Nick had decided to leave his car at the office and offered to drive her back to the pack compound in her jeep; she had been too nervous to disagree at the time, Richard's stern voice still fresh in her mind. Her thoughts drifted over the events of the day and immediately, those green eyes that had mesmerized her filled her mind as her wolf sat up on attention. The vampire had surely made an impression and judging from the way her wolf reacted, it really did believe that he was their mate.

Her wolf growled in disapproval at her doubt and she sighed in resignation, the idea was a wildly hopeless one considering what Richard had told her of turned wolves but she really did want the attractive, tall, dark-haired man to be her mate. His eyes flashed through her thoughts again and she felt her heart beat a little faster, remembering the way his nostrils had flared slightly before he'd smiled knowingly at her, looking more amused than anything. It hit her then what it meant but instead of cringing at the thought of the vampire scenting her arousal, Valery felt boldened by it and would gladly have let him take her in that elevator again and again till she could barely stand.

The thoughts filling her mind were untamed and sensual every time she thought of him even though she knew she should be wary. Vampires were predators and held allegiance to no one, but unlike Werewolves, did not feel the need to be openly aggressive to their own kind and so had survived over the ages. Most Weres did not associate with vampires, regarding them as some sort of cancer in society but still afforded the deadly night-walkers a grudging sort of respect at the power they held as vampires could tear a wolf apart in seconds. They were the top of the food chain and the wolves knew that but they were also disorganized and scattered all over the world, it was hard to keep track of their numbers.

For all she knew, this vampire could simply view her as a play thing and kill her after, refusing to respond to her wolf's mating pull. She'd met a number of vampires and had liked only a few, many of them leaving a bad taste in her mouth, so she had quickly learned to avoid certain restaurants and night clubs, even if she was with company. Valery had managed to make a friend of one vampire over the last decade, though he was rarely in the city and often conducted business in Europe. He, much like her delicious looking mate had the unnatural beauty of an old vampire and could move about during the day, settling her suspicions that he was indeed very old even though he'd mentioned once that the sun gave him a headache. Hector, he'd told her to call him and even if she knew that was not his real name, she'd been happy enough to refer to him with it and had kept their correspondence and little lunch and movie dates a secret over the years.

Nicholas had been silent the entire journey and she was grateful for it. He'd originally expressed surprise and then some form of subdued joy at her news and had done everything he could to distract her over the course of the day before he finally decided to leave her to her thoughts. The jeep passed by the turning she usually took off the main road when she was walking home from work and with it went any hope of her waking up from this rather tantalizing but mostly uncertain dream.

They continued down the main for about 20 more minutes before he took another turning and headed down the winding road leading into the woods that contained their main pack compound. A few minutes later, they were parked right outside the house they both called home and Nicholas turned off the engine, waiting for her to move. Valery hesitated, not eager to have this meeting with Richard, for some reason, she didn't want to talk about the events of that day and a feeling of dread washed over her.

"Don't worry about it Val, it'll be ok," Nick said as he reached out to squeeze her hand briefly.

She swallowed, hoping she didn't look as nervous and she felt. "Yeah...yeah. Thanks a lot Nicky," she responded, watching him flinch and them smile slightly at his nickname.

"Come on, let's not keep them waiting any longer," he said as he opened the jeep door and jumped out. She did the same and together, they walked towards the house they hadn't lived in for years. Nick opened the door and the warm light that came from the house as well as the glimpses she caught of Lyn and Richard from the living room calmed her down a bit. This place was like home to her and she'd learned to fight many of her fears from here, this too would pass.

Valery's confidence lasted all of 5 seconds before she walked into the house and scented the Alpha as well as his mate. She paused in her advance to the living room and the idea of fleeing crossed her mind, but Nick's firm hand gripped her shoulder from behind and she looked up into his face to see a cautionary look in his eyes.

"I'm here for you," he mouthed and gave her a quick grin.

Valery nodded and with a deep breath, she advanced toward the couples who were waiting for her.

"Val," Lyn called as she got up to meet her half way, all smiles and warmth. Valery felt some of her tension dissolve as she luxuriated in the hug of the other woman. Lyn was tall and Valery had to stand on the tips of her feet to lessen the height difference but that hardly mattered as she was always pleased to see the other woman.

"Don't smother the girl, Lyn. Let her breathe," an amused voice sounded behind them and Lyn let Valery go with a giggle and a peck on the cheek right before Richard engulfed her in one of his merciless bear hugs.

The petite woman let out a squeal in surprise as Richard reached for her and practically crushed her in an embrace. He was a large man and while he gave her similar hugs every week, she always felt surprised by how hearty and genuine they were. This man was a pseudo father to her and she was eternally grateful for him.

"Goodness Val, it has been too long. You look thinner," Richard said as he let her go.

"Come off it Richard, I was here last Sunday and will be again this one," she said with a smile and he winked back at her.

"Still miss you though, you don't call enough."

Valery caught the groans and laughter that always followed whenever Nick complained to his mother about his nickname as they walked towards the living room from the entrance. Richard went ahead to hug his son as her attention was diverted to the Alphas in the room.

Jonathan Wyle was a huge man and as tall, if not taller than Richard. He had neatly cropped black hair and light shadowing of a beard and did not look like your typical Were but his very presence practically screamed Alpha. Annet Wyle, however, Jonathan's mate was a sweet looking redhead who was pregnant for the second time and had Jonathan wrapped around her finger. She'd been human at the time the Alpha had met her and Valery had always been curious as to how that had worked out between them.

"Jonathan," she called respectfully, only to have the large man get up with a chuckle and engulf her in her second crushing hug of the day.

"Don't be so formal, Valery," he let out with another chuckle and Valery could feel her wolf almost literally grin in pleasure.

Jonathan moved away to let Annet greet her and even though she was at the end of her second trimester, the Alpha female was still light on her feet.

"Oh Valery, it has been so long. You really must come and visit us some time," she said with a light peck and a hug. "I've missed you terribly, not to mention Christina. How can I find out that you've found your mate from Jonah and not you?"

Valery had always felt a sort of kinship with the other woman and the feeling was mutual as Annet had really helped her through the first months of her transformation, having been human herself once. She had a daughter, Christina, who was about 20 years old that Valery had grown to like but hadn't seen in a while after she'd moved to university.

"I'll come by to visit soon, I promise, and it has been a confusing day Annet, I'm sorry."

"Not to worry my dear, that's why we're here to support you," Annet said, grabbing Valery's hand and leading her to the couch she'd been on with Jonathan.

Richard and his family all took up seats in various chairs and Valery gulped as every pair of eyes turned to her.

"So Valery, let's hear it from your perspective," Jonathan said.

Taking a deep breath, Valery recounted what had happened in the elevator, keeping the intensity of her arousal rather light and focusing on the reaction of her wolf. When she was done, she saw Jonathan frown and he turned to Richard.

"Were matings with Vampires are rare but one with a Vampire old enough to walk in the sun...that's unheard of," the Alpha said, his frown deepening further at whatever thoughts going through his mind.

"True," Richard responded, pausing before glancing quickly at Valery. "There are very few of those still around, he'd have to be at least fifteen centuries old. Perhaps we should look around the city and vet him-"

"No, no, no! You cannot do that, baby," Lyn cut her husband off as she leaned forward and looked straight at Valery. "It's her right to approach him first without your overprotective interference."

"Um..." Valery let out as all pairs of eyes turned to her again. She cleared her throat before she continued. "You all sound so sure that he's my mate...how can you be?" Her biggest fear at that moment was the thought that as amazing and appealing as he was, the vampire was not indeed her mate and that her wolf had just gotten confused. Perhaps the predator had actually mesmerized her into thinking that he was her mate...

"How does your wolf respond to these thoughts of doubt," Richard asked her, watching her closely.

Valery could feel the growls of anger at her disbelief from her wolf, even in that moment. "Anger...she growls and snarls every time I consider that fact."

"Exactly, sweetie. Our mating is a primal instinct that our wolves lead us through, the wolf always knows and is never wrong," Lyn spoke up. " The attraction you feel towards him, the possessiveness and the claim you make to him is in your very being, you cannot resist it if you wanted to. It's like you growing and you cannot stop growth...not without dire consequences anyway."

"Dire consequences?" Valery asked.

"The wolf goes rogue, wild, unable to comprehend a life without his mate," Nicholas responded. "These wolves have to be put down, Val. It's likely the kind that attacked you in the first place."

"So-so, you're saying that the wolf that bit me all those years ago had lost a mate?"

"Not likely. Usually wolves that go rogue are those that leave the pack...a wolf cannot survive outside the pack," Jonathan responded, looking at Valery with a deeper meaning in his eyes.

"The mating pull is strong, Val, dear," Annet said, reaching for her hand. "It's hard to resist it for both parties, I know I tried and failed miserably. Jonah had me claimed and I claimed him back just 3 days after I'd decided to get away from him."

"But I'm a turned wolf, not as strong as a pure one and that could affect my mating pull. What if my mate doesn't feel it or can resist it successfully?" The fear that she might lose her glorious Vampire and be alone for the rest of her life was growing stronger and with it came all the rejections that she'd experienced at the hands of Weres. Could vampires tell turned Weres from true wolves; she certainly hoped not. She didn't want to see the same revulsion she'd experienced for the past 3 decades in those stunning green eyes...it just might kill her.

"I'm going to tell you the truth Valery, I don't know. This is the first time any turned wolf has ever claimed a mate and also the first time a vampire that old has ever been claimed by a Were. I think however, that the same rules apply and we will get you through this." Jonathan responded.

"But you raise an interesting point. Say that the vampire can actually resist her mating call, wouldn't he then be in a position to harm her?" Nicholas asked right before Lyn slapped his hand lightly and gave him a reproachful look.

"We don't mean to worry you Val, but Nick raised a valid point. Perhaps maybe a protection detail should be allowed to-" Richard started before he was abruptly cut off.

"No, no! Richard, you cannot do this to meagain," Valery stressed. "You taught me well and I'm now more than capable of taking care of myself. No protection."

"But Valery, think about it, what if-"

"Don't you start too, Nicky," Valery cut him off, resolute in her stand. "I will not have my every step hounded by wolves I barely know."

A taut silence filled the air as they all turned to Jonathan, each wanting him to agree with them.

"Alright Valery, if you don't want protection, how do you plan on approaching this vampire?" he asked.

More silence filled the room as Valery realized she hadn't actually thought of that and really had no idea how to flirt anymore. Was it still the same way it had been done in the 80s?

"I have an idea on that actually," Lyn said, interrupting the tense silence. "Annie and I will take her shopping tomorrow."

"Shopping? Really Lyn, will a pretty dress and some shoes protect her from a raging vampire?" Richard asked, looking slightly frustrated.

"He's her mate, baby, and no matter what any of you are suggesting, I don't believe he could hurt her any more than you could me. On top of that, I bet he'd be less likely to resist her call if she showed up in something that'll make him want to ravage her."

Valery flushed at the thought of that and was glad it couldn't show on her dark skin. Oh, she liked the thought of her vampire taking her the moment he glimpsed her and judging from its reaction, so did her wolf.

Boobearer
Boobearer
185 Followers