Wolfblood: The Price of Loss Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ok, I'm willing to give this a chance, only because I know how upset I'd have been if someone had interfered with Annie and I, at the time," Jonathan said. "But on the issue of safety, we have something else to discuss."

"We've been investigating this for a while and were not sure at the start but a pattern is starting to form. Some wolves are attacking turned Weres," Richard spoke up.

Everyone in the room sat up a little straighter and frowns appeared across several faces.

"Are you sure?" Annet voiced the thoughts of nearly everyone else apart from the Alpha.

"Yes, I had suspected as much when I visited the Morgan Pack in the north a few decades back. Their Alpha had reported some of his wolves going rogue and then attacking a small pack of turned Weres that had formed close by under the pack's protection. The pattern has been spreading slowly and a few weeks ago, a couple was bitten and then killed a week later in the woods at the edge of this city."

All pairs of worried eyes turned to Valery again and she fought the urge to not squirm this time. It would seem her curse would never let her rest and once again, her life was in danger.

"I know you've been careful so far, Valery but you have to be even more so now. These wolves are purists and have been driven a little to insanity without their packs, so there's no telling what they'll do. Try to stay safe and keep your mating call under wraps, we're still trying to find out more information and don't need the situation escalated before we can diffuse it," Jonathan said, his eyes filled with compassion.

Valery swallowed and nodded.

"Alright then," the Alpha said, "Lyn, I believe I smell something delicious in the oven?"

Some of the tension diffused as Lyn let out a light chuckle and Richard held her as they stood up and headed towards the kitchen. Annet gave Valery and quick hug and grabbed her hand as they followed Richard and his mate.

"You'll be fine. We'll go shopping tomorrow and you can go after your beau. Let your wolf lead you, I'm sure she's anxious to meet him again," Annet whispered to her.

"Tomorrow, wouldn't that be too soon?" Valery asked in surprise.

"Honey, if your pull is doing what I think it's doing to him, tomorrow is too far away," the Alpha female let out with a chuckle.

Pretty soon, all the tension had been released and they eagerly set the table, awaiting one of Lyn's delicious meals. Valery's wolf calmed down a bit and she started to look forward to the next day, slowly accepting that this was an inevitable route for her.

****

Vincent sat in his office for the day, going through some delicate paperwork for his company and failing, for the umpteenth time, to move forward from the progress he'd made that morning. It was entirely unseemly for him to be distracted and the object of his thoughts was even more embarrassing to him and to his kind as a whole. He'd hired out a private office for the day, not wanting to be disturbed by simpering women wanting to get into his bed and the rest practically bowing to him at his orders.

Few in the company knew exactly what he was and they were trustworthy enough to keep it to themselves but the rest still knew his name and once word somehow got out that Vincent Servo was in town, they all practically climbed over each other to fall into his good graces. So he'd wanted a quiet environment, not too bright and all the work he needed to sort out before he left the city, before him.

He hadn't counted on being distracted however, and by a wolf, no less. His night was spent with images of the delectable woman he'd seen in the elevator lying in his bed, her dark skin making an erotic contrast against his as she clutched at his back and he entered her again and again, making her walls convulse around him. He'd woken up numerous times, harder than he could remember ever being, only to go back to sleep and find her starring in yet another erotic dream, her scent engulfing him with its cinnamon and rose hues.

It was preposterous and he felt his annoyance growing as he tried to push the images out of his mind and failed. He'd moved through the city, being assaulted by the scents of various humans and the numerous Weres that occupied it but now there he was obsessing over the scent of one little Were, as sexy as she'd looked in that pants suit, her waist accentuated by the way the jacket dipped in and then flared out at her hips. He could imagine his hands at her hips as he lowered her on top of him, her arousal saturating her completely while his mouth descended on her breasts.

"Goddammit!" Vincent let out in frustration, growling as he realized he'd begun to harden to fantasies and images of a wolf...no, a dog! That he should fall so low was tearing at him and he growled in anger without thinking, as his phone rang.

"I said I shouldn't be disturbed," he ground irritably into the phone after he'd accepted the call.

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line before the voice sounded. "I know, but there's a...woman here. She says you'll want to see her."

"I'm not interested," Vincent practically growled. There was a time in his life when he took as many women as he could to his bed and luxuriated in the untethered lust that came with the early days of vampirism but that all had faded as the predator he was started to require more of a challenge in his exploits. It had been a while since he'd tried to mesmerize anyone and he didn't care to. It turned out that being rich and powerful got humans to practically act as servants without his trying and he'd quickly grown bored with it. Any need for a quick romp or desire to sate his more amorous needs, was done with his kind...the females always provided a bit of a challenge.

"She says...she says," the voice on the other end mumbled and he frowned in annoyance. "She says you'll remember her from the elevator yesterday."

Vincent held his tongue back as he was about to interrupt the caller...the wolf from the elevator had tracked him to his office? The very nerve...

He didn't know whether he should be impressed or amused at her stupidity. Did she not know who he was, how much power he commanded; was she looking for an early death? He could destroy her without even trying and end her short life...had she not considered that? Revolted as he was at the thought of the wolf going after him, he was still curious as to what had brought her to him...he just had to work on his bodily reaction to her scent. What had happened in the elevator would not happen again.

"Send her in," was his curt response and he cut off the phone.

The walk to his office wasn't far and he could hear a slight scuffle of steps coming from along the corridor, getting louder. So, she was wearing flat shoes, not the stilettos most women tried to enthrall him with, but if he was being honest with himself, he wouldn't mind seeing her in stilettos either, hands tied above her head as he tortured her with long and slow plunges into her depths, her legs wrapped around him, heels digging into his back.

The footsteps stopped just outside her door and he heard a soft sigh. Vincent smiled in amusement; so, she was not as confident as he thought she was. Perhaps there was a little wisdom still left in her pretty little head.

There was a knock at his door and without waiting for a response, it opened, letting in the first breeze carrying that tantalizing scent he'd been dreaming about. Almost instantly, just like in the elevator the day before, he felt himself harden. He almost cursed in annoyance but stopped short when she walked into the room.

Dear God!He thought as he let out a breath he hadn't been aware he was holding. She was gorgeous and was standing there in his office looking ready for the taking. She was wearing a white sundress with sandals and while it flowed and stopped at her knees, giving him a delicious view of a part of her legs, his attention was drawn by her breasts. The dress had a satin upper half covering her torso and her breasts pressed against the fabric, stretching it and making his mouth begin to water at the very sight of them.

"Hello," she said softly, almost nervously, drawing his eyes to her face and taking in her brown eyes and full lips. She'd worn very little make up and still had her hair in a bun, making her look sophisticated. This was definitely not a woman who had come to seduce him, so he wondered what she wanted.

"Hello," he responded, his voice gruffer than usual. "Please, have a seat."

He watched her as she moved past the sofas he had in his office, putting her purse on the coffee table instead and walked towards him, placing her delectable looking derriere on his desk as she turned slightly to place him in her vision, practically oozing confidence.

To say he was surprised would be an understatement, this girl continued display large amounts of recklessness where he was concerned. Did she really think he'd let her push much further than she already had? But he'd already allowed actions from her that he wouldn't have tolerated from anyone else; had another woman showed up in her stead, he'd have quickly dismissed her and gotten back to work. His curiosity with this wolf-girl was overwhelming his common sense and he felt himself rapidly losing control of the situation even as he looked up into the pools of chocolate in her eyes. Centuries of walking the world, however, had instilled in him the instinct to close off his emotions when he wasn't sure about a situation and he let his face slip into a blank mask as he leaned back in his chair and appraised the woman invading his personal space.

"Anything I can help you with, little wolf," he asked lightly, steadily. She obviously felt comfortable enough to disregard all etiquette and sit on his desk, so he wasn't going to try and involve her in any small talk.

Vincent took in the way her eyebrows came together in a frown and the displeased downturn of her lips before she opened them to respond. "Valery; call me Valery."

He let a small smirk slip through his mask; ah, she seemed to be one of those who was easily riled. Perhaps a few comments here and there would bring her little game to an end and give him back the control of the situation he felt so uncomfortable without.

"Your name is of little consequence to me as is your presence here,wolf," he said, emphasizing the last word and smirking wider as her frown deepened. "But if it will soothe your little ego, then allow me to reiterate: what is it you want, Valery?" He felt he liked the way her name slid along his tongue and that it suited her, this gorgeous enigma seated across his desk.

"For someone of your age, I'd expect you to be a little more courteous but it would seem even with eternity at your fingertips, you couldn't learn how to treat a lady."

Vincent felt a flash of irritation go through him. As melodious as her voice was and as much as he would have wanted to engage her in conversation, he wasn't one to enjoy being looked down upon, let alone insulted. Her little comment had given him a glimpse of her wit and he felt himself more than pleased with that, but she was pushing even the little freedom he'd allowed her and he felt his grace was running rather thin at the moment.

"Calling a woman who barges into my office and plops herself on my desk a lady would be rather generous, don't you agree, Valery?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her, still savoring the way her name rolled off his tongue.

Pausing a few seconds to see her reaction, he noted some uncertainty and embarrassment pass through her eyes before they flashed in irritation. It seemed control wouldn't be that hard to get back. Vincent suddenly stood up and angled his position so that he was practically towering over the petite woman, making her lean back with a small gasp of surprise. "I'll ask it again...Valery, what do you want?"

She looked up at him, her face moving from an open expression of wonder and appreciation to one of uncertainty. Whatever had happened to the confident girl who'd walked through his office, he didn't know and didn't care much, so long as he could get to the bottom of things there and then and get back to work.

"To ask you out, of course."

Vincent felt shock flash through his system and for a second or so, he was sure his expression was one of open flabbergast. She'd come to him to ask him out? While her expression gave him confidence that the tables had turned in their little situation, her still smooth and steady tone of voice made him doubt that. This little wolf was very, very stupid but he was completely taken by his curiosity of her. Amusement slowly flooded his system as he stared down at her and braced his hand on the desk, leaning closer, his face mere inches from her own.

"You tracked me down so you could ask me out? Why?"

He practically felt the heat increasing in her body and emanating from her face in what he assumed was a deep blush that he couldn't see on her smooth, dark skin. Her breathing had increased slightly but the biggest sign of how much he was affecting her was the rapid heartbeat he could hear. Good.

"If you accept my offer, you'll find that out...and more," she responded, her eyelids closing a fraction and her voice dropping half an octave lower.

Vincent stared at the woman, meaning to intimidate her with his presence and unwavering eye-contact but she held her own, her heartbeat racing and her eyes fixed on his. He felt his amusement diminish and something wilder, hotter, slowly start to fill its place as her breathing rate increased and he saw her pupils widen, darkening her eyes to glittering pools of chocolate that reflected the heat he felt snaking through his system.

This was not right, certainly she'd caught him off guard and he was now more intrigued than ever about this wolf but he couldn't indulge himself and he should just turn her away from his office and forget she existed. He should, but his body wouldn't move, the liquid heat of the arousal he'd felt at her presence the day before, flooding his system and overriding all his cautions. Without warning, the devious woman leaned slightly forward and brushed her breasts against his arm. He could barely feel them against his skin through his coat but that one little movement, so light and yet so sensual practically seared through his whole system and urged him forward till he captured her lips with his own.

She let out a little whimper and twisted herself in his arms, arching her back as she leaned towards him, making her swollen breasts press into his chest. He felt himself harden even further and as her tiny hands clutched at his arms, he lifted one to the back of her head and pressed against her lips in a dominating kiss. Slowly massaging the back of her neck, he slid his tongue against her bottom lip, searching for entry. She freely gave it to him and his tongue entered her mouth, exploring, tasting her intimately with bold, firm strokes, eliciting a moan out of her so needy, he felt his manhood twitch in response. Her musky aroma of arousal started scenting up the room and with a growl, he tilted her head further back and tasted her deeper.

The little wolf was filling him with a need for her, greater than any he'd ever felt, overwhelming his senses and just leaving the urge to be buried inside her, making her cry out for him again and again. He'd thrown all caution to the wind what seemed like ages ago and all that mattered at that moment was the raging inferno within him and the petite woman who had slipped through his defenses long before he'd even properly met her. Lifting his other hand, he slid it lightly against her abdomen and moved up to gently cup one of her breasts, his thumb searching for her nipple and sliding across the hardened nub.

Valery suddenly stiffened in his arms and pulled away from him with a little gasp. He didn't want to let her go but he also wasn't one to force a woman into anything she didn't want, no matter how much his body screamed at his for letting her go. She slid off the desk and turned to look at him, her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath and he waited for her to have her say, hoping that she hadn't changed her mind.

"I-I don't even know your name, I thought dinner...er...a date would be a good start," she panted, her voice breathy and barely controlled.

"Vincent, call me Vincent," he said, alluding to her earlier comment as he slowly rounded his desk, approaching her. "And thisisdinner."

He watched with satisfaction as his words made her heart beat even faster and she opened her mouth in surprise. "Of course, you can have your food later but there's only one thing I'm planning to eat today, we can talk after," he continued, approaching her and smirking at the little moan she let out.

Vincent reached out for Valery, one step away from his arms encircling her before she quickly side-stepped him with a small secret smile forming on her face. He frowned, "Is this a game?"

"Hardly," she said, her voice still breathy and amusement showing in her face.

Moving a little quicker, he reached for her again only to have her avoid him once more. "Is this one of your wolf dominance games? It's pointless you know, I will catch you," he let out, a little irritation slipping into his tone.

"You can certainly try," she responded, her smile growing wider.

With a growl, he moved and used his superior speed to get to her, only to find her gone from the spot she'd been in just seconds ago. He heard a little giggle behind him and as wonderful as it sounded, he'd rather have some other delicious sounds coming from that hot mouth of hers. Moving faster than any human eye could see again, he anticipated her move, caught her and placed her on her back across his desk, hands firmly held above her head, making her breasts jut out at him as he leaned forward, standing between her legs that were dangling over the edge.

Having her in a position of total submission to him, he captured her mouth as she opened it to say something in protest and ground his erection against her core. She let out a loud moan and he smirked against her lips, satisfied with her reaction to him. Letting her hands go, he moved his hands to her hips, pulling her against him as his mouth descended to one of her breasts, sucking at the taut and erect nubs of pleasure straight through her dress. Valery cried out and arched into his mouth, lifting her legs to wrap them around his lower back.

Vincent growled in pleasure and ground into her once more before he moved one hand across her abdomen to lift up her dress and stroke her through her wet lace underwear. A throaty moan escaped from her lips and feeling the need within him increase, he slid her undergarments aside and opened up her lips with his fingers to stroke from her entrance to the little hardened pearl that was the core of her pleasure. She was sleek and wet with need for him and he felt a little of his control slip even more and her moans increased with each successive movement of his fingers. Needing to feel inside her, he slipped one finger in slowly and she cried out, completely taken with her desire as he stroked deep within her, curling the finger in a way that made her practically arch off the desk. She was so tight, he noted, as he added a second finger. He briefly wondered how her walls felt virginal yet wolves were known for their open sexuality before something in him rebelled at the thought of her being with another man.

Valery's moans increased in intensity as he continued to curl his fingers and stroke a spot deep within her that made her walls vibrate with pleasure even as his thumb made slow sensual circles against her pearl of pleasure. Her essence slowly dripped onto his fingers and he lifted his mouth from her breasts to watch her pleasure. He felt himself lose his last modicum of control as his eyes feasted on her head thrown back with her hair coming out of its bun, her eyes closed in pleasure as her mouth opened in a wide O when her body tensed for a second before he felt her walls convulse around his fingers.