Wolfblood: The Price of Loss Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Without a second thought, Vincent felt his fangs elongate as the blood pounded through her with her orgasm and he sank them into her neck, letting his venom slip into her system, intensifying her orgasm further as her blood rushed into his mouth. He could not remember ever tasting anything sweeter and the inferno within him rose, threatening to burn through him, leaving no thought or feeling except an insatiable need for the woman beneath him.

He didn't know how long he fed for but he finally came to his senses, finding her moaning and clutching at his hair, pressing his head into her neck. Control came back to him slowly as well as shock at his lack of control even as he slid his fangs out of her neck, licking the area to heal it closed. Leaning slightly back, he studied the expression on her face.

He didn't find what he expected. Instead of the slightly sallow look of someone who'd just lost blood, he found her glowing, her pupils so wide they practically filled her irises and a look of pure satisfaction on her face even as her eyes burned through his, practically screaming possession.

"Mine, you're mine" she practically growled, her eyes flashing slightly golden, a sure sign that her wolf was close to the surface as she used her hand to wipe away the blood still on his lips and chin.

His veins suddenly felt like they'd been filled with ice water and he stood up quickly, taking a few steps back from her feeling like the breath had been stolen from his lungs. She sat up slowly, her eyes still a little hazy from her orgasm and no doubt his recent feeding but with confusion starting to spread in their earthy depths.

"Is something wrong?" she asked, sounding rather lost.

He stood before her for a short while, letting his system slip back into control as he effortlessly slid the blank mask over his face and hid the revulsion roiling within him.

"Mine, you said. What exactly is that supposed to mean?" he asked, his voice cold, his tone demanding.

Vincent noticed a little fear flit across her face before she quickly hid it and he pointedly suppressed any feelings of compassion for her. What the little wolf was trying to do was an insult to him.

"This...this is what I wanted to talk about during our date. P-perhaps we could go for some coffee and-"

"No, tell me now what it is you want from me," he ground out, pinning her with his gaze.

"Please, Vincent, I need to explain this properly," she let out.

"You can explain it now," he said, taking a threatening step towards her.

Feeling her scent slightly get distorted by the acridness of fear, he felt himself falter in his inquisition and considered apologizing to her for his rude manner but he overrode those feelings and glared at her, waiting for her response.

"You...you are my mate," she practically whispered but he heard it clearly, the words increasing the disgust he felt.

Turning away from her, he rounded his desk and sat in his chair before fixing her with a cold look and speaking his mind. "Get out."

He saw her freeze for a moment before she recovered. "What?"

"Get out of my office, your little game is over."

She got off his desk and turned to glare at him in return, anger growing in her eyes. "This is not a game, Vincent. You're my mate whether you like it or-"

"The very arrogance of your kind," he hissed, cutting her short and letting her finally see the anger in his expression. "To think that you'd think us equal to you and try to bond with us-"

"Wolves and vampires have mated before," she cut him off irritably.

"Mere rumors no doubt told to you by your Alphas to make you feel more special. You're all a bunch of unruly mutts that will wipe each other out. If you think I will be dragged to your level by binding myself to you, you're mistaken. Having a tryst with a little thing like you is a blemish on my life but you're no more than an insignificant little footnote and I will not tolerate your arrogance any longer."

She glared at him, tears beginning to form in her eyes, anger overriding the scent of fear she had been letting off earlier. Seeing her eyes tearing up, tore at him, slowly making a knot of discomfort that sat low in his abdomen almost painfully, but he refused to back down.

"How dare you-" she began before he cut her off.

"No, how dareyou? Thinking that I will let myself be bound to a dog? Your stupidity is staggering, now get out and do not come near me again, you insipid little girl," he commanded before tearing his eyes away from her hurt face and opening his drawers to draw out a file.

She didn't stay another second. The moment his eyes left her face, he heard her turning around and begin walk out as his nose picked up the salty scent of the tears no doubt flowing down her face. She didn't close the door behind her and the mixture of her cinnamon and rose scent with that of her tears stuck with him even as her footsteps increased and he heard her running down the corridor.

Unable to control his roiling emotions anymore, he picked up the file before him and tore it in anger as he let out an inhuman yell.

What the fuck was that?!