Wolfblood: The Price of Loss Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Valery stopped in shock and stared at the heartbreaking scene before her, its every detail getting ingrained in her mind as her heart slowed its beating, almost stopping as tears welled up in her eyes. Her lips twisted in pain; anger and frustration roiling within as she clutched at her purses and wondered what she should do in that moment even as her emotions engulfed her and her wolf howled so loudly within, she felt roaring start in her ears.

At that exact moment however, Vincent turned his head and looked directly at her, his green eyes flashing before they turned black and his impassive face stared at her as he thrust deeper into the woman in his hands. Valery was sure her heart had stopped and time had halted as she stared into his knowing eyes in a flash of a second before he disappeared, using his vampiric speed to get away from her, taking his human lover with him.

Suddenly time quickened to its normal pace and she took her heels off, turning back towards the corridor she come from, running through it as fast as she could. Mating be damned, she was getting away before the tidal-wave of emotions crashed into her again and she lost control. Her tears were flowing down her face again and adrenaline was pounding through her body as she ran down the stairs and opened the door with such vicious force, she heard the chatter on the other side die down. She made her way through the crowd, whipping her hands around and snarling, hitting people with her purses and heels clutched in both hands as the overwhelming desire to get away engulfed her and her wolf growled louder in her mind, its presence growing, starting to engulf her.

Finally, she reached the main entrance as everybody stared after her and she fled, running through the doors and into the driveway before her legs betrayed her and she stopped, falling to her knees. Letting out a strangled yell followed by snarling and growling as she braced her hands onto the ground, ready to get up and run again before she involuntarily shifted.

Suddenly, rough hands were grabbing her but she fought against them, her tears blurring her vision.

"Let go of me," she growled out in warning, feeling the wolf trying to take over.

"Valery," the voice called out. "Valery!" it sounded again, louder and sharper when she didn't respond.

"Hector, let go of me," she said as she struggled against him with all her might, recognizing the voice at last.

"What is wrong with you?" he asked, pinning her hands behind her and leaning in to peer into her face. "Control your wolf, Valery," he said sharply.

"I need to get away," she ground out, still struggling against him.

"Fine, I'll take you back to the compound," he said, lifting her and placing her over his shoulder as he walked back to the parking.

"No, no! You can't do that!" she yelled, kicking her legs against him and trying to get away but managing nothing more than causing a scene as people stopped to stare at the two.

Didn't he understand just how dangerous she was to any humans around the area at the moment? Her wolf was going insane and she couldn't bear the thought of biting any unfortunate person, forcefully turning them into what she was.

Hector carried her quickly to the car, opening it and practically tossing her into the back before he got into the driver's seat, closing the door and turning to glare at her writhing form.

"Cut the bullshit Valery and settle down!" he said, practically yelling out the last words. "What the fuck is going on with you?"

She looked at him and wrestled again the animal within her, trying to establish control the way Richard had been teaching her. Finally finding it giving some, she dropped her shoes and purses on the seat and looked at Hector, almost flinching at the steely glare he'd fixed on her.

"I can't control my wolf, that's why I need to get out of here."

"Why now? You didn't have a problem with this before," he responded, not shifting and still demanding answers with his eyes.

"It...we...our mate doesn't want us, he's rejected us," she said, glaring in turn at him. She was in no mood to discuss the hows and whys of what was happening and did not appreciate him forcing the issue.

"That's impossible, wolf mates are instinctively attracted to each other."

"He's not a wolf!" Valery screamed in anger, letting go of her hurt and giving into the rage. "Just get me out of here, Hector!"

"Not until I understand what the fuck is going on, Val! You owe me that much," he snapped back at her. "So, is he human; is he here today?"

"No," she said, the rage continuing to rise within her as her wolf snarled and clawed to be let out. "He's a vampire," she said, letting hatred slip into her words.

Hector sat back in surprise and studied her for a bit. "Why don't you want to go back to your pack, shouldn't they be able to get you through this."

"They can't help me, Hector," Valery almost pleaded with him and she tried to hold onto the reigns of her animal. "My wolf is going insane because our mate has rejected us and all I could cause right now is harm. I need to get away from them...from civilization. I need to get away,"

Her sorrow was slamming into her again as she remembered Richard and Lyn and all they'd tried to do for her but she'd still managed failed them. Her wolf settled down a bit with that sobering thought, not fighting as hard to take over in that moment.

She looked up at Hector and tried to impress the importance of her isolation on him. "Please," she whispered.

He turned away from her and leaned forward to start the ignition of the car. "I know a place," he said before he drove out the parking, through the gate and sped down the road, heading further out of the city.