Working for the Fae Ch. 08

Story Info
Tia faces a change of heart.
3.5k words
4.68
9.3k
11

Part 8 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SisiLala
SisiLala
89 Followers

Running head first down a corridor wouldn't have been in my plan for today had you asked me this morning. I could hear the Alpha running behind me but I was too fast, even faster in my panic and fury. I had thought it was my choice, that I had finally found a family, people who wouldn't lie to me. Well: fuck them.

......

[2 hours earlier]

"No James, kick higher and faster." I snapped as I caught his foot before it smashed into my head for the fifth time. "The fae are faster than you and the only way you will defeat one is if you are fast in foot and mind. Become slow and predictable: you're dead." He nodded at me, panting and wiping the sweat from his brow. "Again."

I bent my knees as he launched himself at me again, allowing my fae to flick to the surface. I could anticipate his every move, saw his eyes flicker to the position his hand would follow, his hips twist to prepare his leg to swing seconds before it did. I caught his foot again.

"Closer, you're getting closer." I praised as he swore in frustration. Half an hour and no one had landed a single blow to me yet.

I smiled at him as he walked of the training mat to grab some water, the pack patting him on the back as he walked through them, impressed he had lasted as long as he had and injured so little. The first wolf I had fought was still in medical. I hadn't realised just how little practise these wolves had had with fighting fae, he had left his guard way down before I'd even had a chance to understand how he fought.

"Don't worry, only the older fae are as stronger or stronger than I am and most of them aren't in this country or are dead." I lectured, looking around at the faces watching me. "I am pushing you so if you meet an old one by yourself you may be able to hold them long enough to fight them off. To win, you'll most likely need four of you and knowledge of their fighting technique."

Kyle had tasked me with training the pack to fight the fae and those not in this room where to listen through the minds of the pack. Telling them to get into lines behind me to go through movements; I nodded slightly at Kyle as he came to rest in the room. Moving through several standard fae fighting styles, I watched as the wolves around me picked the movements up quickly and with warrior ease moved through them. Smiling at their progress in such a short time, I asked for volunteers to practise against me.

The males were the first to volunteer, their smirks showing their will to be the first to land a blow and mock the others. Keeping my face blank and mind empty, I waited until all four were on the mat before launching towards the largest wolf, straight past the two closest to me, taking them by surprise. Bunch up into the large ones throat he collapsed, whirling around I moved to attack the next two males near me, swinging and kicking, using their own size and weight against them. It took me two minutes to knock them all unconscious. Even though my fae was laughing at their attempt, I made sure to reassure the faces looking at me with hints of fear. What would they say if I told them I hadn't even fully unleashed my fae.

With no word, I signalled for the big men to be dragged off the mat and for the second group to come forward. This time it was three girls and a male. Like last time, I didn't allow them time to prepare before launching at the male, again taking him about with only two blows. Whirling round, I was forced to quickly drop to the floor as a female wolf ripped through the air towards me. As I fell I saw the second wolf come at me, jaw wide to grasp my thigh, kicking up I rolled backwards, laughing as I allowed my fae more control. As I felt the fae course through me with more force, I was quick to subdue the female wolves but it took me 4 minutes to do so. Standing up as the last one gave, I applauded the women, truly impressed.

"Did you all see that? These women landed blows and caused me to bring more of my fae to the surface to defeat them." I saw all the faces nod and smile. "They managed it because they used what I have been warning you about: surprise and unusual tactics. They adapted as they needed too." I leant down to help one of the females up, surprised to see that one was the Omega who had done my hair on the first day. Winking at her, I pointed her at the drinks table before motioning for the next group and the next and the next, until I finally needed a break.

"Okay guys, give me 10. Chloe, could you please organise everyone running through the positions I showed you for me?" She nodded and immediately set about organising everyone. Watching the wolves move through the poses I tried not to laugh, the way they were moving was hilarious. I stopped. Why was that funny to me? I had seen many training groups do them and the wolves were no different. Looking at the Alpha slightly confused, I saw that he too thought the wolves movements were funny. I flashed him a grin and then moved to help Chloe reposition people.

Watching as the Betas tried to outdo each other I again had to try hard not to laugh, hearing Kyle's humour at the image flick through my mind only seconds later. I shrugged and shook it off, deciding I must be slap happy or something.

"Hey, Tia!" I turned to see a Beta called Alexander grinning at me and dragging the Alpha behind him. "Why don't you fight the Alpha one on one, see whether he can land a few blows?" He smirked, knowing the Alpha was the only one here who actually posed me much of a threat.

Grinning I moved to the centre of the mat as the pack scarpered out of the way, eager to see the Alpha battle his new mate.

'I'm not going easy on you mate.' I informed him mentally grinning as I allowed my fae to have complete control, my humanity a mere blip in the back of my mind. He growled in response, his own face shifting slightly as his wolf came forward.

With a yowl, I launched at him, my fingers locking into his chest, using the grip to swing onto his back and lock around his neck. I was trying to stay a bit slower so the pack could watch but the Alpha had no such qualms. Laughing, he grabbed my arm and pulled me forward, sending me over his head and landing with my back to him. Hearing his leg whistle towards me in what I assumed was a low kick swing, I jumped, twisting in the air to land behind him. As his eyes and head tried to track my jump, he lost his core, meaning I could push him over easily. He landed on his back and I was on him in a flash. Yowling in triumph, I pinned his arms with my legs and sat heavily into his crotch, preventing him from bucking against me too hard. With a growl I went for his throat, intent on ripping it out and watching the light die in his eyes as I watched.

The thought had barely passed through my mind when I saw him frown and I froze.

"Tia? I can't hear you.... The bond..?" He looked at me confused. I stared down at him, trying to comprehend how I had ever thought I couldn't kill this man when my instincts where demanding I kill him right now. With a gasp, I realised. The bond, the bond hadn't been two way! Not completely, as he bonded to me, he brought my humanity to the surface and the fae was pushed down. He bonded with my humanity, not my fae blood and right now my humanity was barely a dot in my mind.

Suddenly I was furious. Here I thought I had found a man I had chosen, that I could trust to never alter my view on the world or the truth, only to find the bond had been forced upon me. I could feel my humanity trying to argue, to resist my feelings and make the fae understand that she loved this man. I snarled. Bringing my hand up, I dragged my long sharp nail down his face and neck, watching as his blood began to flow from the cut. I now realised that my fae had been waiting for me to unleash her fully, she had been planning our escape all along. We already had a route planned and had assessed which wolves would be where.

"How dare you trap me here wolf. My humanity may have fallen for you and your mind tricks but I haven't. I'm leaving." I snarled into his ear, suddenly feeling sick at the power of the stench of wolf in the room. It was like a mesh had lifted from my eyes. That first night, when I had needed to have sex, that wasn't me, it was him. Today, when I found all those drills funny? Him. What else had I not truly thought or felt myself? I snarled at the room, spit flying as I whirled for the door. The wolves moved out of my path, unsure as to what was happening and unwilling to get in my way. It didn't matter anyway, not a single one of them could stop me. Pitiful creatures.

"TIA!" Came the heart wrenching yell from behind me, the Alpha only just beginning to realize what was happening. "Wait! TIA!" His voice. How could I ever have found something so whiny sexy? My humanity had a lot to answer for later.

I didn't look back. The bubble had long since disintegrated and I used every ounce of fae speed I could, tearing through the compound in seconds. Even the alpha found himself slowing to a near halt in comparison; they never stood a chance of defeating me. Rushing through the forest, I swiped at wolves as I passed, taking satisfaction in knowing the pain those hits would result in, my nose following the scent of humans and cars. Tree rushed past me at intolerable speeds and all the while my body wanted to sing at the rush of freedom. My Fae was in control and she was putting as much distance between us and the wolves as fucking possible.

......

It was the tears on my face that caused the man at the motel to question me further.

"Are you all right hun? Anyone bothering you?" He asked, his kind face creased in concern, fingers inching towards the phone on his desk.

"Sir, thank you but I assure you I am fine." I stated, my voice surprisingly strong in comparison to the tears leaking down my face, dripping off my chin. Not allowing him to detain me further, I swiped the room key off the counter and stepped into the cold night again, in search of room K 9. The tears had started as I had been deciding where I was going an hour into my run. I couldn't return to the fae, they knew that I knew what they had done and no way could I face a mundane life in the human world. Sadly, emotions equal humanity and my human blood came roaring back to the surface. My mind found its state of balanced harmony again but the sorrow of my humanity could not be dulled by my fae, nor could the fury of the fae at being cast aside. Thus, I cried.

Finding the room, I pulled open the door and threw myself onto the bed. Staring up at the ceiling and flickering light, I allowed my mind to drift over the events of the past few days. I focused on my feelings for the Alpha, the pack, as well as my treatment at the hands of the fae. I thought of Lexter's betrayal and Bytlock's loyalty. I considered the severity of my split personality, something I had never noticed before. I cried.

I felt like a youngling again, barely able to hold up my head as the world forced my recognition and awareness of it. My fae pushed to return to its people and my humanity begged to return to the alpha. It was awful, I felt like I was three people: the fae, the human and the one who saw the division but was powerless. Did I love the Alpha? Yes. Did I trust him? No, but then I didn't trust the fae anymore either. Was 'home' with the fae really better than the pack family? Could I learn to balance my two parts: could the fae accept life as the Alpa Bitch? Could I b-

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I gasped and sat up in my shock, my whole body coursing with it, no longer three parts but one. Bitch! Three parts! Omg, the third part that I always feel... what if.. no, it can't be.. but maybe.... What if that third, powerless part was the dormant wolf gene? I was part human so technically I could have one... Could it already be aware? Is it the answer reconciling my genetics or will it cause more problems?

I stood, beginning to pace the room as the possibilities flew through my head. I was consumed by it, the fear and joy coursing through my head from both genes. The fae feared the loss of its dominance and the humanity was overjoyed at being partnered with her wolf, regardless of anything else.

Perhaps that was why I failed to hear them coming.

...................

I groaned. It was really starting to become tiring waking up after being knocked out. Thinking back, I couldn't remember much other than that I had come to some realisation about something very important. I can't remember.

Opening my eyes, I looked up at my ceiling, the walls still the blank white they always had been, the floor a dull blue. I sat up, pulling the covers off myself and stretching. Looking around, I couldn't help shake the feeling that I wasn't supposed to be here but maybe that was part of the dream. I mean, I must have dreamt being knocked out or else I wouldn't be home. Still, something felt off.

"Morning hun, how did you sleep?" Came the muffled voice from beside me. "Personally I didn't get much, but you already know that, don't you?" Lexter's sultry laugh made my skin tingle with excitement as it seemed to caress m skin. So when I jumped at his touch, flinching away, I shocked us both. "Tia? You ok?"

"Yea, sorry, must just be the dream still, got me all shaken." I said, mumbling slightly to mask the odd feelings whirling through me. I felt oddly separated, as if my humanity was more present than normal, and longing, I longed for something, someone. Huh.

"Ok, in that case, we have a meeting with the Queen in about 20 minutes so you'd better get through the shower ASAP." He ordered, his commanding tendency grating on my nerves for some unknown reason.

Trying to shake of the weird emotions, I laughed as I skipped to the bathroom, quickly showering and dressing in my usual black and leather combo. Pulling my hair up away from my face I checked my reflection in the mirror only to stop short. My eyes seemed full of sorrow, as if my reflection pitied me. The pain and sorrow in the reflection made me want to cry. What the Hell?

Hearing Lexter calling for me, I turned from the woeful girl and dashed to the door, and promptly left the crying me behind, to be considered later. Pacing through the gilded halls of the fae court, I couldn't help but notice my discomfort with the surroundings, they felt fake and gaudy; not beautiful and pure as I had always considered before. Maybe I'm due to start my period because this is fucking weird.

It was the tinkling laugh of the Queen that distracted me from my internal assessment entitled 'DaFuq!?' . Looking up, I saw her talking with her advisors, her hair pulled back harshly from her face, pink eyes sparkling in mirth, blue gown flowing from her shoulders in great swathes of fabric. This feeling of disgust was familiar, this I could deal with. Approaching we went through the normal acts of courtesy, on my part only because this was to be a public audience.

"Ah Tia, about time. I need to discuss our battle plans for the attck on the New York pack with you." She tinkled, grating each dainty syllable of her words on my patience.

"Of course you majesty." I mocked as I bowed again. "How may I be of ser- ooof!" I felt like a nuclear missile had collided with me as I stood before the Queen. Turning to attack, I stopped as I looked at the sobbing face of Bytlock.

"Tia!! Tia, Tia, Tia." He said, sobbing and clinging to my side. "I missed you sooooo much, I was so worried!" He sobbed. I put my arms round him, looking to Lexter for an explanation only to find his face full of fury and outrage.

Shocked, I turned back to Bytlock. "What do you mean miss me? Where do you think I've been?" I asked, but he was to upset to hear me.

"I thought you were dead! But then you called from that wolf pack and Lexter swore to me that we would save you!"

"Wolf pack? What are you talki-"

"Bytlock control yourself!" Came Lexter's hard, furious voice from beside me. I was shocked. Here our best friend was sobbing into me and he was acting like Bytlock was the most disgusting and idiotic creature he knew.

Regardless, Bytlock continued his speal. "Then you said you had to stay with that wolf. I couldn't believe you would want to stay with a wolf over Lexter and I." I sobbed. A wolf? What is going on here? "What sort of name is Kyle anyway, I mean it's so modern!" Kyle?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Sir, we lost her at the motel sir. The fae turned up and took her." James said, staying well clear of the Alpha's path.

"Did you see where they took her?" Kyle asked, already anticipating the answer.

"Sir, they took her to the fae courts." James said, knowing full well that nothing would deter the Alpha from getting to his mate. James had felt the Alpha break as Tia's fae had discovered the limit placed on it by the mating bond, how the pain at knowing he had unintentionally controlled her and thus forced her to run from him had broken him ever so slightly. The mating bond made a wolf stronger, not to have it was to make a wolf very, very weak.

"Arrange the wolves into the groups and formations Tia had designed. For once in this god forsaken war, we are taking the fight to them!" Kyle ordered, his thoughts already on how he was going to win back his Tia.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The dreams, the dreams wouldn't stop. Every minute, each blink, I saw that face behind my eyelids, caught the scent of musk unlike anything I had ever smelt before, heard the low notes of bass mixed with honey. I didn't know where they were coming from, but it felt like my dreams of this 'Norton' were invading every waking minute of my life.

I longed for him, and if I concentrated, could almost imagine how he would feel, as if the dream was a memory. I hadn't seen Bytlock or Lexter since the outburst of his in the hallway. I had been confined to my room, not officially but I was definitely being kept contained. Lexter said that there was some wolf pack attacking the buildings that were intent on killing me due to my past crimes, so they were keeping me safe. Something didn't sit right though. I definitely felt like something was pulling me from outside my window.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The pack had taken the first gardens, but it was already clear they weren't going to make it much further. In desperation, Kyle called to Tia in his mind, hoping to entice her to a place where they could grab her and take her with them. He could feel where she was in the building, an unmoving speck in the South wing, second floor. He also felt a barrier between him and his mate, a mental one that was preventing him from fully reaching her. It was the only reason he was yet to call off the attack: he feared for what they had done to his beloved Tia. He just hoped it wasn't too late.

SisiLala
SisiLala
89 Followers