Working for the Fae Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, of course, sorry. Ask away." He mumbled, eyes meeting mine, tense and waiting.

"I ran, because my fae had been repressed by this bond." I stated, there was no point beating around the bush. "When I was fighting, she made me realise that the bond was forcing your opinions on me in a way that I thought they were my own. That terrified me."

"The bond was..? That's not supposed to happen..." He looked confused, his eyes fixed on the window over my left shoulder, forehead creased in confusion. "I mean, I know you're unique and all but I've never heard... No wonder you ran. I'm sorry; I honestly did not know I was forcing my opinions on you. Please let me show you, drop your barrier." He met my eyes, his pleading, mine distrustful. What if I opened my mind only to lose myself in his opinions again? "Please. It's the only way you'll trust me." He was right. I needed to see his memories to know that he hadn't been controlling me intentionally.

With a deep breath, I slowly dropped the barriers. Not fully, but enough that we could see into each other's minds again. Quickly I was thrown through a whirlwind of his memories. The moment we met, how furious he had been at the murder of his witches. The moment he had smelt the mate scent. His frustration over my anger. His humour at the training matches. All of it, similar to the opinions I had held but no evidence that he even realised that he was affecting me. He had just thought I had agreed to embrace the inevitable: for a wolf, it was that easy.

I looked into his face. I studied the full curve of his lips, the glint in his eyes, the hard line of his jaw and the ruffled, dark hair. It was a face a woman could love or hate. While my humanity loved him, my fae needed something from him before she would feel safe enough to trust this man. The fae was still terrified in this place; we felt unsafe and threatened. I watched his eyes darken as he heard my assessment. He didn't know for what I would ask, but he braced himself: as did I.

"I want the two blondes dead. And I want to be the one who kills them."

12