Working Holiday Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Shaima32
Shaima32
1,209 Followers

"That's the general idea," Kay settled down beside her.

Nickie rolled over onto her side and examined her for a few moments and then began to explore her body, first with tentative stroking that was mildly stimulating through to direct foreplay as she fingered her. Finally she settled in between her legs and went down on her although Kay had to take over in the end and masturbate herself to orgasm.

"Different," Nickie murmured eventually, "do you use a dildo?"

"Yeah, got one at home."

"Well maybe you should pick it up tomorrow," Nickie giggled.

They fell asleep a little while later to the sound of the wind and rain against the window pane.

Kay awoke to the raucous sound of a kookaburra and stifled a grunt as she opened her eyes and looked to her right. Nickie was gone but she'd left a note on the pillow.

Hi.

Gone home to shower and change, pick me up when you're ready.

Love.

Me.

So now it's love notes, Kay sat up and stared at herself in the mirror, where is this going?

She still had no answer after her shower, this could last two weeks or longer but how would it really work between them? She had no doubt that Nickie was at the very least, curious but the long term possibilities were entirely unclear.

She'll grow tired of me, Kay stared at herself in the mirror. She'd donned a white shirt and blue jeans, the cowboy boots were a nice touch and she added a denim jacket when she stared out at the overcast sky. It might be warmer in the city but the cold front would move slowly east as the day wore on, by the time she finished in town it might even be raining.

She sighed as she adjusted the belt around her waist.

"Well, let's just see how long this lasts."

Nickie greeted her at the door in a beige-coloured blouse tucked into a three-quarter length skirt decorated with a pattern of flowers, a wide white belt and heels completed the outfit and Kay smiled as she ran an eye over her.

"You look like a lady."

"I do wear a skirt, for work but I can put in an effort," she stepped back, "um, I'll just go tell grandpa I'm going."

While she was waiting for her, Kay flicked through the notes in her notepad. There was enough to write a statement but would anyone pay attention to it? She still felt uneasy about the situation, a cold case was notoriously difficult to solve. At best she might be permitted to write up a report and file it away for future reference.

"Here you are, I put them in a different bag for you."

Kay looked up as Les handed her a paper bag with the cartridges cases she and Nickie had found up at the Lookout.

"Ta," she took them.

"So, who are you going to see in C.I.D?" Les glanced over as Nickie entered the room.

"That's the million dollar question," she frowned, "I'll see who I can find."

"Why don't you speak to this guy?" Les handed her a piece of paper, "Jack was with the Armed Robbery squad but he transferred to Fraud just before I retired, he's a good man. Straight down the middle, he'll give you a hearing and point you in the right direction if he thinks you've found enough evidence for an investigation."

"Thanks," she took the paper and looked at the name, "Peterson rings a bell."

"He's about fifteen years behind me. Don't bullshit him, give it to him straight. If I had a choice of who to take with me in a dark alley it would be him."

It was food for thought she conceded to Nickie as they headed out of Lorne and on the long road back to Melbourne she tried her best to educate her as to the politics of the police department. For her part, Nickie listened intently but didn't seem at all surprised or shocked at some of the things that went on in the name of law and order.

"Grandpa says it's just a big gang," she eventually summarised it for Kay as they headed north along Sydney Road to Coburg, "I wanted to join when I was younger but he talked me out of it after a while. I don't reckon I'd last to be honest, I've got a big mouth on me."

Kay didn't reply to that and soon she was pulling up outside the imposing bluestone walls of the prison. Even for law abiding citizens the sight was enough to make you uneasy. It had been here since the early days of the colony and the fact it still existed was a bone of contention for civil rights advocates who decried the primitive conditions.

"Bluestone College," Kay squinted at one of the guard towers, "I've only ever been here twice, the first time to see an old friend and the second time to see a prisoner."

She took out her purse and opened it.

"Can you do me a favour while I'm in there?"

"Sure."

"Go back down that road until you get to a newsagent and buy a carton of fags and a couple of stick books and bring them back here."

"Stick books?"

"Pornos," she replied, "something tame like Playboy or Penthouse, I'll leave them with his property and see if he bites."

"Don't they get fags in jail?"

"They do but it's jail smoke, as rough as guts. Tailor mades are much nicer and you can use them as currency," she opened the door and pulled the keys out of the ignition.

"Oh and stick my bag in the boot too if you go walking," she took her police I.D out and squeezed her leg, "I should be back in half an hour or so."

Robert Murphy was a weedy looking guy who looked like he needed a good feed. He was shown into a private visiting room, which immediately aroused his suspicions and when Kay showed her I.D he licked his lips.

"You're in here so they don't see you," she slid the badge back into her pocket.

"What's this about?"

"Something that happened eighteen months ago."

"Whatever it is I didn't do it."

"Don't bullshit a bullshitter," Kay smiled grimly, "you were not only there when Paul was raped, you took part in it."

Murphy winced at that but said nothing.

"This can go one of two ways," Kay went on, "you can keep your mouth shut while your so-called mate, Mick is free as a bird or you can talk to detectives when they come in to see you."

"I'm not turning dog."

"Whatever," Kay looked past him, "it's all about surviving in jail, how's A Division treating you lately? You making friends or are you still keeping your back against the wall?"

He didn't reply and she pressed on.

"Or have you already copped it?"

That had an impact because he flinched and she nodded.

"There's two ways to do time, the hard way or the easy way. Which way would you prefer?"

For a few moments Kay thought he was going to get up and end the visit but then he swallowed and bowed his head.

"Okay, okay but I want protection. If he finds out what I've done or if someone out there," he nodded at the door, "finds out I've talked to the cops I'm a dead man."

"I'll do what I can," she opened her notebook and took out a pencil, "no promises but I will speak to someone about your situation. It's not up to me to make deals, and what the fuck I just want you to confirm a few details so I can speak to someone higher up the food chain."

Whether it was that admission of vulnerability or the fact he really wanted to get something off his chest was unclear but Bob did start talking and didn't shut up for a good twenty five minutes. At the end of the visit she thanked him and rose to go.

"I'll be leaving a carton of fags and a couple of stick books in your property," she held out her hand and a moment later he took it.

"Thanks," he mumbled, "like I said, it wasn't my idea."

"He actually looked sorry," Kay informed Nickie some ten minutes later as she took the plastic bag from her, "although they might be crocodile tears."

"How's he look?"

"Like he's been through the wringer," she stepped away, "be back in five."

She was as good as her word and shortly afterwards they were heading back down Sydney Road towards Melbourne. Kay kept up a running commentary as they passed through the suburbs of Brunswick and Carlton before entering the CBD. She'd brought a camera with her and managed to take a couple of shots while they were sitting at traffic lights.

She accompanied Kay into Russell Street headquarters and after signing her in, Kay managed to find a constable to show her around while she went looking for Senior Detective Jack Peterson. She found him eventually on the second floor in an office usually used for more senior officers.

"What can I do for you?" Jack asked after she'd introduced herself.

"It's about an allegation of rape," she replied.

"Rape," he leaned back and folded his arms, "who was the victim?"

"A guy named Paul, there were four perpetrators in total but it's a cold case."

If she'd thought that mentioning it was a cold case would earn her a dismissal she was wrong, Jack merely nodded at the chair opposite him.

"Pull up a pew and show me what you've got."

The summary took a mere five minutes and he listened without interrupting and then she pushed her notepad across the desk towards him.

"It's all in there," she looked at the notepad.

"This mug sitting in the nick, you didn't promise him anything did you?"

"Nope, definitely not. I did leave a carton of fags and two stick books for him but I told him that if anyone from C.I.D came to see him he could ask about deals then."

"And you're on holiday at the moment?"

"Yes, sir."

"And yet you found time to investigate a crime?"

"I was unwilling at first but I was eventually drawn into it."

"And you've no connection with the deceased?"

"None," she replied.

He flipped through the notepad while she waited and then peeked at the shell cases in the bag. He almost seemed reluctant but it was impossible to read behind those eyes.

"I've been doing this job for years and worked with some top men, and women," his eyes shifted, "but now and then someone steps out from the huddled mass and catches my eye. We're going to take a look at this, not me personally but I'll handball it over to the drug squad," he picked up the phone as he kept talking.

"I'll get one of the uniforms to type up your notes today."

"The drug squad?"

"Yeah," he replied, "Mick has been on our radar for a while now as a distributor for a drug ring, he's a minor player but he has connections and you might have supplied the trigger."

Kay nodded and let him make the arrangements over the phone and once he'd finished he leaned on the desk and studied her for a few moments.

"You're going back to Lorne today?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good and you're there for how long?"

"I'm due to come back the end of next week, I'm based out at Collingwood."

"Not any more," he replied, "I'll make the arrangements but you'll be assisting the officers with this investigation. Say nothing to the sergeant down there by the way, I've known Roy since he came out of the Academy. Between you and me he's about as useless as tits on a bull, he was shunted down to Lorne because no one wanted to work with him. Go about your regular routine, lie about on the beach if it's not too cold, but keep your eyes and ears open. Be the wide eyed city girl when you ask questions but don't go too deep. We need intelligence on the victim's family, so if at all possible get to know them but don't make promises you can't keep, is that understood?"

"Crystal clear, sir."

"It's Jack," he held out his hand, "keep up the good work."

To say Kay felt encouraged by that response was a dramatic understatement. She practically floated out of there about an hour later after finding Nickie sitting patiently in the foyer with a couple of magazines beside her and one on her lap.

"How'd you go?"

"Good, better than good," she grinned, "come on, let's go down to Bourke Street. My shout for lunch, okay?"

To be continued...

Shaima32
Shaima32
1,209 Followers
12