World of Ranicke 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

~~~

Whatever Jim had been using scared a number of people but he had saved so many. The fact that he had been responsible for the deaths of so many had many torn as well. One of the warriors who had been there for the fight had described his actions and expression and it was like something from a nightmare. It had been a Puma warrior who had never seen him training before and it was somewhat exaggerated but reasonably accurate.

Eventually the story made it back to Chief Piquel and he looked somewhat concerned. He had watched Jim train that one day and had a pretty good idea of what he could do. During the training Jim had his eyes closed as if he was contemplating each and every move. To be honest it had really looked like he had been fighting actual people and he could see the blows had been to disable and kill. Piquel had understood the point Jim had been trying to make but with the attack it was going to give him a reputation he didn't need.

Piquel had asked Jim to spar with him and with the sticks and Jim had explained they technically were considered a defensive weapon used by someone called a monk. Yes they could be used to kill but mostly to disable and get away from the attacker. That had been wildly eye opening though not as eye opening as when they had spared with a training sword and axe. Jim didn't just use the blade but the entire weapon. The bits, the handle, and as odd as it sounded his body as well.

The man was a natural born killer as far as he could tell. It was tempered by a sort of odd humility that very few warriors had. It was a sort of 'I am just doing my job' sort of action and reaction by him. Piquel had a feeling that was the one thing that kept him from being a true killer. Someone who ended up on the blood warrior trail. When the woman fell he very well could have left her and the child where they were at and gone after the bandits but instead he stood over them and protected them with everything he had.

That was where the story had really started. Yes he had been watched while sparing and the one or two fights he had been in but they were very controlled. In defending the woman and baby he had pulled out all the stops and anything that came near had been killed and he hadn't spared any thing in doing so. He had used the bits, the handle, his knife, feet, everything and it had shown on the bodies. When the warriors had taken the bodies of the bandits out to rot they had been forced to carry limbs, intestines, and other body parts into the forest to be left for the animals to consume.

He finally stood and looked at his mate. "I need to talk to Moran. I don't know when I will be back." Piquel leaned over and nuzzled her and touched his son's cheek. "I know I don't say it enough but I love both of you." He could have lost both of them since they had been in one of the caravan's that was going to be attacked. Piquel wasn't sure how he was going to pay Jim back for what he had done not to mention Moran.

He finally found him at his caravan and by his expression Moran gave him a nod. "Piquel and I need to talk. Leave and I will call if I need you." He told everyone that was nearby. "Bring us drinks and some thing to nibble on and then leave." His voice was hard. The fight had been yesterday and this evening was the funeral pyres for the fallen. Everyone who could be there was going to be and all were going to be honored together. When he spoke the area around them cleared out almost immediately. "I was expecting you to show eventually. Do me a favor and simply state your concerns. I don't have the energy for any long discussions."

Moran was more than concerned about Jim and what was going to happen with him. He had been very badly injured and all the women, well not including the Puma woman were practically in tears and if something did happen to him Sorrel would be horribly hurt not to mention the others. How it would impact on the children he wasn't sure but it was going to be hard on them as well.

Piquel nodded and settled down in a chair and yawned. "Sorry, trouble sleeping last night." He stretched and yawned again. "Moran I simply concerned about Jim. Well him and how he is going to be as both a guardian and role model. You know I spared with him and was very impressed if not scared. He has training that I have never seen and the same for my warrior master." He gave him a sly look. "I have heard a few things from your warriors as well and though they respect him there is a bit of fear as well. Jim..." He paused as someone came up with the snacks and drinks. "...is a very impressive man and oddly humble as well. I am having trouble myself trying to reconcile who and what he is." He took a drink of juice.

"He is a killer and I do mean that. You might not realize that as much as I do since sqorrels are mostly pacificst." He snickered. "I did hear about one taking a punch at an elder recently..." He sobered after that light poke at Moran. "We do have the fighter urge so I know what I am talking about. When my warriors actually start talking about how Jim acted and how many he took down there might be a problem. That and how the child is staying with your clan." He was glad the drink was an energy drink.

Piquel held up a hand. "I am not questioning your judgment on Jim or anything like that. I am simply voicing some concerns." He sat up and leaned forward. "I don't have any concerns if for no other reason I saw him with the children at the ceremony and how he was treating them. Tonya is a perfect example. The night he was given his totem I could see him crying as he held her as she slept. I know he will take very good care of the baby. I am just expressing my concern to you."

Sorrel walked in and over to the chief. "I know what Jim is and yes he was crying." She settled down next to her father. "Not only that but he offered to be the father of the orphans he has been teaching. He might be a killer but he is also a loving wonderful man." She reached across the table and grasped his hands. "He told me and the other ladies that he loved us and had to protect us. That is who Jim is." She wasn't sure if he remembered what he had said the day before. "He loves us and said so."

She smiled at her father. "I admit I love him as well." She smiled. "So do the others. He doesn't know as of yet about the boy but when he does he will take very good care of him." She turned to her father. "I love him dad and want him in my life. He love and cares for all of us.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers