World of Ranicke Bk. 03 Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

The journeyman songsmith bracelet he picked up and smiled again at. It was lightly worn but it was obviously also something James had valued. "I know many of the others in the camp have been keeping away but I am going to need to say hello to Eldon. I can tell that he also loved to sit and relax with all of you and play music while his ladies worked and the kids did their studies." Not all things were taught by music.

The songsmith bracelet given to him at the town was removed and sat down with the warrior necklace also. There were only two necklaces left and the last one he touched was going to be the hardest to deal with. Lak-Non picked up the sub-chief necklace and much like the other items stroked it for several minutes. He hadn't realized James had been a sub-chief of the tribe though thinking about it, it made sense. Lak-Non had settled into his role comfortably when he had finally encountered Zephara. "This isn't right for me currently. Maybe in a few years once the tribe is accustomed to me and Chief Moran asks I will consider it." He set it back down.

Lak-Non reached down and carefully picked up the mating necklace and held it up. As he was holding it he had to close his eyes because of the emotions and feelings that started surging through him. His large hands curled around it and his face tensed up. Before Lak-Non actually looked at it he had to take several slow deep breaths. The ultimate question was if he was ready to take this step. He finally opened his eyes and one or two tears slipped out. His voice was husky as he spoke. "I can feel the love James felt for the three of you. He loved you, Sorrel, as his center. You gave him, in the beginning which he needed, stability and someone he could care about. Once he realized he might be here for a long time he allowed himself to fall in love with you. You were the first woman he gave his heart to."

He moved his eyes to Nasha. "Nasha he loved you since you gave him someone he could relax and show his emotions to. He knew that you would never give up his deepest fears and worries. He also loved you since you gave him someone who needed his protection." He gave her a soft smile as he was talking. Lak-Non felt how much she meant to him.

His eyes moved over to Nora. "He loved you as well. You showed him that even though he was trained to kill he could use that to protect. When he saved Tonya from the bear it helped him start to come to terms with who he was. You were also something stable in his life. There was a feeling of contentment to you with who you were. I can't explain his feelings better than that." His hands were still trembling as he looked back down at the necklace and the three images of the ladies on it. Lak-Non didn't know what to do at that moment. It was an overwhelming decision he needed to make and he wasn't sure he was capable of making it.

Lak-Non looked up one more time and looked at Sheeha. "You weren't one of his mates but he did truly care for you. You were both a good friend and someone he could be silly with. James might have complained about your pouncing but he actually had a great deal of fun with it. If he had known your son he would have loved him as he loved all of his children." There wasn't a need to say both by blood and adoption since James had proved that many times.

Sorrel had tears slipping out of her eyes as well and soaking the fur around her lower lids. She finally stood up and walked over to him. She knelt down in front of him and curled her fingers around the bracelet and his fingers. "I can't begin to understand what you might be feeling right now. I didn't return these items to you to force a decision but because they belong to you. If you don't feel up to dealing with the feelings and emotions the necklace is causing it can wait. When you feel more settled we can come back to it."

Nasha came over and wrapped her arms around him from one side. "Yimmy has been gone for a year and we didn't expect to ever see him again. If you need the time take it and make up your mind. We can wait for you to make the decision." She knew what she wanted but wasn't going to push. Lak-Non might not be Jimmy but there were so many similarities that she was draw to him.

Nora settled for hugging him from the other side and simply held him. What he had said touched her deep down. She knew James had cared for her and Tonya which was why she agreed with the mating. It had felt good to be cared for again after she had lost her first mate. To know that he had loved her deep down had brought her to tears as well.

Lak-Non met Sorrel's eyes and for a brief moment what and who he was shown through. He took a slow breath and sat up straight. "If you three will have a somewhat confused human then so be it." He lifted the necklace and placed it around his neck. There was a momentary surge of the final bits of memory coming back. He didn't have much time before he was taken down by three very happy women and any number of kids.

~~~

Across the pathway Dan and Nang were watching the fun and excitement. Nang was currently nursing their son. "You get the diaper you know. I have done enough of them for the day." As she was nursing and talking she could feel the surge and flow of the powers across the way. They didn't involve her in anyway but she could still sense them.

Dan snorted at her. "I know love, I know and it looks like things are going to calm down now. I know Lak-Non was feeling very off center since he arrived not that I blame him. So you think this is going to be good for him? Is he making the decision which is right for him?" He didn't know if she would answer him and if she didn't he was getting used to that. It still irked him occasionally since they had never kept secrets but being who she was now he did understand.

She smiled as she was watching what was happening. "That is something which only time will tell but I do think it will be the right one for him." Nang looked down as Nicklaus finally let go. After burping him she handed him over to Dan to take care of.

The real end.

A/N: Before anyone asks I do not have any current plans to do any more stories about the World of Ranicke. If it does end up happening it will be quite a while down the road. I do hope everyone enjoyed this book and the ending. Please comment and let me know. As always read, enjoy, and vote.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers
12